Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve Reviews

Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 5
Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 6
Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 7

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2018

We had our ceremony and reception both in Paliku Gardens at Kualoa Ranch and it was just perfect! The space is huge with great facilities and different areas for each part of the wedding to set up. We also took photos in the same area which was amazing as you had the ocean and mountain views. We had such great service from everyone at Kualoa, they were always there to help with any questions. I would recommend Kualoa Ranch for any event as its stunning everywhere you look and just a beautiful place!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/26/2018

This place is so beautiful! We had our wedding at the Moli’i Gardens site which we fell in love with as soon as we saw it! The rehearsal day of fun package we added was a dream as well! So much fun and allowed our guest to enjoy having a day on the beach rather then a formal rehearsal dinner or luncheon. Everything was so accomdating and the staff was very helpful! I would definitely recommend taking the venue tour to see all the beautiful venue options they offer depending on what best suits they size and style of your wedding. You essentially have a blank canvas to create your dream wedding! It was truly amazing! Wish I could do it all over again! The only downside, which is beyond anyone’s control, are the mosquitoes and possibility or rain depending on the season. But even so it was worth every penny!

Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 8
    Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 9
    Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 10
    Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 11
    Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve 12

Neph · Married on 04/01/2017

If you want a beautiful outside venue and the freedom to chose your own vendors are far as catering, etc this is a great choice. Beautiful venue, I'd do my wedding here again 100 times over

Katie · Married on 01/06/2017

Kualoa Ranch is the perfect wedding venue. We had our ceremony at Secret Island and our reception at Paliku Gardens, and we could not have asked for anything more. The weather was perfect on the day of the wedding, and our guests couldn't get over how stunning the scenery was. I love the mountains on Oahu, so getting the chance to be married with both the mountains and the beach in the background was a dream come true. Heather and her team are also such a treat to work with! You can't go wrong with Kualoa.

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Ever since I moved to this island I knew I wanted to get married here. It was the best venue I could have asked for. It was incredibly beautiful and it made my wedding day magical. Heather Adams made payments easy. She was flexible and understanding. She was fun to work with. The whole team worked hard to organize and set up my ceremony and reception the way I wanted.

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2016

Heather, Marina and their teams helped create my dream wedding in the most beautiful setting. All of the vendors they recommended were amazing and I could not be happier with the end product. We went with Moli'i Gardens, which ended up being the perfect venue. Definitely book at Kualoa!

jessica · Married on 09/09/2016

Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more! My husband and I planned our destinational wedding ourselves and we literally could not have done it without the continuous help and support from Kualoa Ranch. Marina Pasion was so patient with us throughout the entire planning process and while offering her expertise, she worked with us to create the wedding we had envisioned. We were so impressed with the service of Kualoa Ranch and all of their preferred vendors! Our wedding turned out perfect - bartenders and wait staff were friendly, the food was delicious, and needless to say Kualoa Ranch is absolutely the most beautiful location to host a wedding.

amber · Married on 07/23/2016

Although I'm still in the process of getting married, Kualoa offers many payment options. They're letting me and my fiance pay in advance so when the day draws near, the venue will be taken cared of. I always dreamed of a garden wedding and with all the different venue sites Kualoa brings to the table, our search for our dream wedding was over. If your looking for a lush, tropical escape then look no further. From mountains to a private fishpond. I'm sure your dreams will come true as well.

Caroline · Married on 05/12/2016

We just returned home from the best day of our lives – and Kualoa Ranch made our dream wedding a reality! Having a destination wedding was not easy. I thought having to plan a wedding from Canada, not seeing our venue in person until 2 days before the wedding, and having to communicate and make plans via email would make my stress levels go up. BUT, working with Kualoa Ranch and Marina Pasion made the whole planning process very easy. From the day I started working with Marina, I knew I had made the right choice in choosing KR as our wedding venue. She has a ton of experience, was organized, and kept up with my thousands of emails and requests throughout the last 8 months. She was so involved in all of the details of my wedding that I didn’t even need to hire a wedding planner!

Venue – It is absolutely breathtaking. I can’t even explain to you all how blown away I was when I finally saw the venue in person. One of the main reasons I chose KR (Paliku Gardens) was that you not only get a view of the ocean, but you also get a view of the mountain ranges and greenery all around you. It’s amazing. Every single one of our guests could not stop raving about the amazing venue during and after the wedding!

Food – Great! We were able to try the menu a couple of days before the wedding, and were still able to make a few adjustments. There were so many dishes to choose from, and Marina was a huge help in ensuring we stuck to our budget while still getting what we wanted. Also, the dessert was a huge hit – who doesn’t love a shaved ice and malasadas station?

Staff – everyone was amazing on the day of the wedding! The facilitator, bartender, wait staff, everyone was so on point to make the day go so smoothly.

Overall – I highly recommend anyone looking to get married to go with Kualoa Ranch. Our wedding day was seriously the most incredible day of our lives and it would not have gone so smoothly without the help of the incredible staff at KR!

Karen · Married on 04/20/2016

April 20, 2015- My, then boyfriend, proposed to me at Kualoa Ranch. We live in Northern California and decided to have a destination wedding. After searching multiple venues in Hawaii, via internet, nothing compared to the beauty of Kualoa Ranch. I reached out to Kualoa Ranch, and was almost immediately given different venue photos and options for their wedding services.
    After we chose our venue (Paliku Garden) we were introduced to Marina, who was beyond amazing! From our first conversation, I knew this was the right choice to have the best day ever. She was very easy to communicate with and knew what our budget was and worked with us with it! She helped me book the DJ- Mystical Sound Productions, the photographer- Jose Rodrigues - Picture This! Photography, the rentals- Pacific Party Rentals, Officiant, Rev.James Chun, Baker.
    They day before the wedding, we had rehearsal and got to see where we were getting married. And finally I got to meet Marina after 10 long months and over 100 emails! She gave us a tour of our location and helped with wedding rehearsal, (who goes where, who does what, what to expect, and what to do).
    The day of the wedding we arrived at Paliku Gardens and it was more beautiful than I ever imagined! We had about 70 guests, attend our wedding. The location was clean and well kept. We chose catering through Kualoa. The food was great, did not hear any complaints from our guests. The wait staff and day of staff were also amazing and friendly. Our guests were impressed when they remembered their names! The bartender was great as well and the bar set up was clean and organized. They also had a shave ice bar, which was a hit! These were all provided by Kualoa, which made it easier to work with.
    Paliku Gardens and Kualoa was the right choice for us, the night was perfect, our guests were happy and we were beyond happy!

Eryn · Married on 04/14/2016

Marina and the staff at the Ranch are super helpful and knowledgable. We wanted a destination wedding and this was perfect.

They were amazing with communication and flexible with our desires for the day.

it was perfectly organised by them!

Alison · Married on 01/26/2016

I still cannot imagine a more spectacular wedding location!

Where do I begin.... I am from Australia and always wanted a destination wedding. Hawaii was the first place I thought of for a tropical green wedding. I remember the first time I visited Hawaii and driving past the kualoa, the mountains were truly incredible. The beauty cannot be captured in any photos. My now husband and I decided to get married there.
    From the beginning we were assigned Marina as our wedding planner, I am so glad as she was incredibly helpful and always assisted with my queries, sometimes there were many emails in 1 day and she would always reply punctually.
    Marina helped us create our dream wedding, there was nothing she couldn't do and every question I had, she answered. We used the vendors through the kualoa for everything including, food, photographers, djs etc. for me this was so helpful. Being from Australia it was hard to find vendors that you could trust, with the kualoa I was comfortable knowing they had used all these vendors for other weddings/functions previously and all would come through.
    We got married a few weeks ago, although the weather was not kind to us the staff at the kualoa were very accommodating in sorting out other arrangements on the day. The service was outstanding! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    All of our guests have not stopped raving at how amazing everything was, the views were breathtaking, the food absolutely scrumsious, music was on point, the tropical table settings were amazing, everything was perfect!
    If you are planning on getting married at the kualoa - do it! you will not be sorry. Marina in particular was so good, I cannot recommend her enough. 10/10

Marilyn · Married on 11/14/2015

I got married at Paliku Gardens at Kualoa Ranch and it was absolutely beautiful!

I worked with Charelle throughout the entire wedding process and she was such a doll to work with! I had anxiety about planning a destination wedding in Hawaii from California without hiring a wedding planner, but Charelle was such an easy vendor to work with and made it such a breeze! We had a 50 person wedding and used KR for our catering, cake and as they even helped coordinate rentals with Pacific Party Rentals (required vendor for rentals). Charelle and I corresponded via email the entire process and she is really good about responding to emails quickly and answered ALL of my questions! I sent her emails with pictures of what I had in mind for our wedding reception and I must say she made it happen!

When I arrived on site on my wedding day, I was in awe of how beautiful the venue was and how great everything came together! Charelle was even on site that day to greet me, which was great to finally put a face to a name! Keep in mind that it rains quite frequently on this side of the island, but the rain passes quickly. As a precaution we bought ponchos for our guests which actually got some use as it rained a tad bit on the wedding day. One helpful tip if you are considering this site is to definitely use bug repellent spray - THIS IS A MUST! We bought bug repellent spray and left them in the restrooms for our guests to use!

THE FOOD - We used KR for all of our catering needs (cocktail hour, dinner, cake and late night snack) and the food was AMAZING! We got so many compliments on how good everything tasted! The prime rib was absolutely delicious, but my favorite was churro station we set up for a late night snack! It was such a hit!

THANK YOU so much Charelle and the wonderful staff at KR for helping me put together my dream wedding. It was such a magical day that I will remember for the rest of my life!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• User5198267 · 2+ years ago

Absolutely beautiful venue! We had our wedding and reception at Paliku. We had a lot of people who attended our wedding comment on how beautiful the area was. Although it rained all the way up to the time of the wedding we were still able to hold the wedding and reception outside in our planned location. (A little mud never hurts anyone!) The natural beauty helped to minimize the decorating that we had to do. I recommend this location for anyone planning an outdoor wedding.

Joahna · Married on 06/13/2015

With so many beautiful places, we weren’t exactly sure where to have our vow renewal/reception at until we found Kualoa Ranch’s Paliku Gardens. However, with less than 45 days, we were told that our venue had been exclusively bought out. How devastating to say the least. Everything up until this point was planned for that specific venue. There was so much to do with so little time. The ranch shared our distress and offered a solution. We were beyond doubtful at this point and was ready to give up even after their proposal. After some hard soul searching, we went for the proposal. Kualoa Ranch went above and beyond to accommodate and compensate. My family & wedding guests had the pleasure of being treated by the Kualoa Staff to a complimentary movie site tour and lunch at the Paliku Gardens the day before. This enabled our family and guests to still experience the breathtaking view of my original chosen site. Might I add that I was also concerned about not being able to get photographs taken at Paliku Gardens since it wouldn’t be available on my big day. However, the ranch still made this possible and even granted us access to capture some of the most beautiful pictures in multiple locations on their property. Although, we had to wait until the following day, it was still such a sweet deal. Thank you to ALL the staff that worked our event at Kualoa (I would list all the names, but I can only type so many characters). A special thanks to Charelle Silva. She was our coordinator from day 1 and not one time did she ever fell short of trying to work with us. She was very prompt with her response, always had a calm demeanor, and was genuine with a smile 24/7. I have to admit, despite the huge hiccup and me feeling like the world was over (lol), at the end of the day, everything turned out to be more than we expected from the venue, food, and service. If we could do it all over again…I would still choose Kualoa Ranch with Charelle as our coordinator =)

Sally · Married on 02/23/2015

Such an amazing location! Beautiful staff, beautiful setting, beautiful everything! My wife and I can't stop gushing about Kualoa Ranch/Secret Island! If you are planning your special day in Hawaii- look no further! Kualoa is "THE" location!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Kualoa Ranch & Private Nature Reserve's reply:

Mahalo Sally ... we're glad we were able to make your special day a success! aloha from the staff at Kualoa Ranch

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2014

Amazing experience!!!! Such a wonderful staff.

We only used Kualoa for our ceremony. We had it at the Paliku Gardens. The facilities were great and the view was unbeatable. Our wedding photos are epic!! The only blip we faced was a tour bus riding through during our ceremony talking. But when we told kualoa about it they were extremely apologetic and compensated us for the mishap, promising that they would make sure it did not happen to anyone else. I highly recommend this site for your wedding. It is a breathtaking site and had great customer service throughout our entire dealings with them.

• The Claffeys

Jim · Married on 08/13/2014

We had our wedding at Kualoa Ranch a few weeks ago. Our coordinator Marina was extremely helpful in meeting our many requests, which were all done via phone as we don't live in Hawaii. Our wedding went off without a hitch and the venue was absolutely beautiful. Our only complaint is it would have been nice for the reception to go a bit longer. However we found 10pm is a standard finish time for venues in Oahu so this is not Kualoa's fault. A beautiful venue and fantastic service. You won't find a more picturesque venue anywhere in the world.

Erika · Married on 08/25/2013

Our wedding that night was wonderful and amazing. We were so pleased with the way everything turned out!! Our wedding coordinator (Marina Passion) was phenomenal! When I thought about planning my wedding, I was in complete stress=( Without Marina's help, I don't know if I would of made it through the night...I was so happy and we will never forget the experience that Kualoa Ranch gave my husband and I...100% satisfaction :-)

Allegra · Married on 07/27/2013

Kiana, Dean and their team at Kualoa Ranch have been wonderful to work with. When we did our tour for the venues they took us to all of the locations except for Secret Island. We fell in love with Hale Moli'i on the spot. After waiting the initial year to pass so that we could book our date, we received all the paper work and additional information for other vendors we can use. This vendor list was extremely helpful as we used Hawaii Tents and Events for our supplies (they have awesome package deals). Kiana, Dean and the team were even helpful to allow us to visit the venue another time closer to the date so we could show our family where we would be having the wedding at. On the day of there was a hiccup at one point where an undesired tour group showed up a few hours before the wedding. This was dealt with by Dean and he made sure that they left well before the wedding started. Thank you Dean. I would highly recommend this venue as they have beautiful landscapes and different venues to meet everyone's needs. They also offer caterering through their caterering company. We also loved the choice of using an outside caterer for only $2 a head. That was awesome.

Kristin · Married on 06/15/2013

Our daughter was married in the Paliku Gardens at Kualoa Ranch on June 15, 2013. If you want an outdoor wedding on the island of Oahu, this is probably the most spectacular venue you will find. From the area for the ceremony, to the cocktail hour area, to the area for the reception -- every view was beautiful! We worked with Kiana Washington, who is marvelous. She's kind, honest, prompt, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Our guests are still talking about the beauty of Kualoa Ranch!

Kualoa Ranch is beautiful, and not overly priced compared to many venues on Oahu. The people are a little hard to get a hold of because they are really busy: but they are very polite and helpful and don't mind if you keep calling till they answer. Kiana and Dean were so helpful and professional. They work with you on whatever you need. Dean even sent me pictures of the bathroom via email so that I wouldn't have to drive out when I told him I wanted to decorate in there. They are also ok with you coming to measure and plan things out as often as you need (just call them first).

I used Moli'i Gardens. We fit 75 people with a present table, cake table, head table, and dance floor under the pavilion and used the grass area as a cocktail hour space. The bathrooms were super nice, and the space itself if amazing! I would never pick anywhere else to get married!