Krumbs Cakes Reviews

Krumbs Cakes 3
Krumbs Cakes 4
Krumbs Cakes 5

Christy · Married on 07/05/2013

Christian created the most beautiful cake for our wedding! I came in with photos and my vision and he went above and beyond to make my cake, and my groom's cake, look stunning and elegant. The wedding cake fit our vintage glamour theme perfectly with the blush colors, pearls, and ruffles, and I kept looking over at it throughout the night. The groom's cake was a replica of the race car that my husband sponsors and it looked fantastic. It was a big hit! We sent the photos to the team owner who was very excited and impressed with the detail. I was a little worried about how they would turn out because I had a specific vision, but I couldn't have been happier with the end product. The actual cakes themselves were very light which was nice for a hot summer wedding. We chose the red velvet and the white cake with salted caramel filling. All of his cake flavors and fillings were wonderful at the tasting though. If I could go back, I would definitely choose something more daring in terms of flavor because Christian has some really fun choices. In addition, his prices are very reasonable compared to some of the other cake vendors in wine country.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Thank you!!!!!!

So yummy!!! Great service!! Best cake I have ever tastes. The wedding cake for my friend was amazing it matches her dress!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you very much for your review!! I hope you give us the chance to bake for any of your events in the future.

have a nice day,
    Krumbs Cakes

Wow, what can I say about Christian? The entire process working with him, from the initial tasting to discussing the design to completely changing the design, was such a pleasure. The tasting was the most delicious part of it all, of course--you can't beat the freshness and lightness of his cakes! We ended up going with the strawberry champagne, which we loved and received so many compliments on from our guests.

As for the design, Christian is a true artist. We had a smaller design in mind originally, but one thing led to another and we ended up with a 5-tier cake with gaps in between each tier for flowers, making the cake a focal point of the wedding reception. Christian made excellent suggestions for the design and was very receptive to the pictures and ideas I sent him. Once I actually saw the cake on the day of our wedding, I was FLOORED!!! It was so much more beautiful than I ever expected, I really couldn't stop staring at it. I highly highly recommend him--you won't be disappointed!! So well worth the investment.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! Things like that make my job so great.
    Don't forget to contact me for your complimentary 1st anniversary cake!!!!
    Best regards,
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 05/02/2013

Christian with Krumbs cake does very good quality work. I planned my wedding from FL and he worked with me on design and flavors to make sure all details were perfect. He even overnighted cake samples for us to try! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Sent on 05/11/2013

HI Mindy,
    Thank you very much for your great review.
    It was a pleasure working with you.
    Best regards,

Amber · Married on 04/27/2013

if you live any where near marin county california do not go to any other baker christian is amazing, if i had the pics back from the wedding i would post them, he was so wonderful to work with from the begining. the service was great, he responded to emails right away, i cant say enough good things the cake was beautiful,perfect, and was delicious

Sent on 05/15/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review!
    Please call me next year for your complimentary first anniversary cake!
    Brides like you make me love my job.

Dana · Married on 10/19/2012

Most amazing cake I've ever had. Had a ton of compliments from everyone at our wedding. Christian, owner, was great to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2012

I felt as if Kris was our friend designing the cake I always dreamed of. He gave his insight but really paid attention to our wishes. My mouth just waters dreaming of our top tiered peanut butter cake. Loved the design!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure baking for you.
    Customers like you make my job so wonderful.
    Best,
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 08/10/2012

I loved, loved our wedding cake. Not only did he make it the cake I envisioned but it tasted amazing!! Everyone was taking pictures of it! Christian is great to work with and would for sure recommend him to all my friends and family!!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Erinne · Married on 09/17/2011

We chose Christian as our baker for our wedding cake. So glad we did. He came highly recommended by both our wedding venue(Inn Marin) and our florist (Kate's Blossom's). He is very easy to work with. The cake tasting was my husband's favorite part of the wedding planning process. Christian had us try so many different cake varieties at the tasting. We were stuffed. The hardest part was choosing the cake because we liked everything we tried. The peanut butter/chocolate cake was by far the best cake I had every tasted! We went with a white cake with Lemon icing. I got tons of compliments from guests that it was one of the best wedding cakes they had tasted. It was so moist. My best friend who hates desserts ate her whole piece. Christian delivered the cake on time and was very quick in replying to emails and setting up a meeting time.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Amy · Married on 08/20/2011

I wish I could post a picture of the cake that Christian created for me and you could see how amazing it looked. He designed a four tier wedding cake with a beach theme in all white with amazing details such as waves, seashells, starfish, etc. It tasted heavenly! If you are looking for a wedding cake, I highly recommend calling Krumbs and scheduling a tasting. All of the possible options were wonderful! I received so many compliments on this amazing cake!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Betsy · Married on 02/12/2011

What can I say about Krumbs' peanutbutter/chocolate groom's cake!! It was a hit. The bride's cake was beautiful with grape leaves on the sides and an excellent taste and texture. Christian was great to work with and even had the Texan's football team logo for the groom's cake. It was a pleasure to taste all his creations and have him make the wedding cakes. They are not only beautiful, but are the best tasting ones ever. I would use him again-and again.

Sent on 02/17/2011

Nikki · Married on 05/19/2018

Christian made our cake exactly the way we requested and did a wonderful job! We did a smallish cake, relative to our total guest count, as we didn't want to have just one dessert, so we did cake, smores, and donuts. However, the cake was definitely enjoyed by everyone - even the fondant was delicious, which is a huge compliment as fondant is such a challenge!

We also loved our tasting with him - we had my now-in-laws in town during it and Christian was kind enough to accommodate all of us. He then even helped with letting my MIL down on some of her cake goals (she was envisioning something that was a huge departure from what my now-husband and I had talked about and wanted). Christian helped to defuse that particular bomb while offering cake samples, and what person doesn't take "bad" news better with cake? LOL.

Christian was prompt in responding to any emails I sent him through the planning process and his tasting plate was delicious. Our cake, however, was the BEST - since our coordinator sort of forgot to save us a piece for our first anniversary, I'm planning to just order a tiny version of our wedding cake from Christian for our first anniversary.

Highly recommend using Christian and Krumbs Cakes for all your wedding cake needs!

Sent on 06/02/2018