Krumbs Cakes Reviews

33 Reviews for Krumbs Cakes

33 Krumbs Cakes Reviews

Annie C · Married on 09/22/2018

Delicious cake!

Krumbs Cakes made our wedding cake and we were really happy with how it turned out. We looked at a number of bakers and did four cake tastings across the Bay Area. We had an excellent tasting with Christian where he had us taste a variety of samples and walked us through the differences between flavors, fillings, and frostings. His passion for baking and delivering a great product was evident throughout the tasting. He was honest with us about what works and what is popular from his experience. We ended up picking Krumbs Cakes because the cake was light, not too dense, and not too sweet, which was perfect for our wedding dessert which also featured ice cream.

The process was smooth for finalizing our order and payment (I would recommend calling them instead of emailing). Our two-flavor, three-tier buttercream cake was beautiful and decorated nicely with the flowers that our florist provided. The cake delivery was a little off schedule (being set up during dinner instead of during cocktail hour) but was ready by the time of our cake cutting. The cake was delicious!

Tina · Married on 09/01/2018

From the beginning, Christian was professional and responsive. Before the consultation, we emailed back and forth about vision and flavors. The tasting included both flavors combinations that we discussed as well as some pleasant surprises. It was difficult to choose among the 7+ (!!), but we were able to settle on three, two for sheet cakes and one for our cutting cake. The cutting cake was exactly what we envisioned: simple and unfussy, beautiful, and positively delicious!

Shana · Married on 07/08/2018

This cake was spectacular! We had a lot of fun tasting the different options and were really happy with how it tasted and its presentation.

Krumbs Cakes 1
  • MarryMeMcDannel

Alyssa · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding cake was a hit! So delicious, light, and creamy! The presentation was beautiful, it came on time, and communication with Christian was very easy. We highly recommend Krumbs Cakes!

Anne · Married on 09/15/2017

My new husband and I aren’t typically the biggest cake fans, but when we tried a sampling of Krumb’s Cakes for our wedding cake – We were in HEAVEN! We only needed a small, two-tier cake as our main dessert was donuts, but boy did that cake far exceed our expectations! We made sure to steal a little extra for ourselves and we’re sure glad we did! We couldn’t decide on one flavor, so owner Christian, let us choose two which only made the whole process even more fun! We chose lemon for the bottom tier and then got adventurous and chose cactus for the top tier. We fell in love with uniqueness of the sweet cactus flavor and it paired so perfectly with the lemon. Our cake was so light, fluffy, and a dream to eat! And Christian was so easy to communicate with, always responding to our inquiries right away. We will certainly return for birthday and anniversary cakes!

Morgana · Married on 09/02/2017

We highly recommend Krumbs Cakes! Christian makes the most delicious cakes we have ever eaten. He made a cake for a pre-wedding event and also for our wedding, and our guests at both events raved about how delicious it was! We were able to save some of the cake from the first event for a couple weeks, and even after a couple weeks it was still moist and delicious. We love Krumbs so much we hope to continue getting all future cakes from his shop.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/18/2017

Christian at Krumbs Cakes is AMAZING! We met before our wedding to go over what we were looking for in a cake, and Christian had some great suggestions. He asked if we wanted a topper and mentioned that it could be anything, even a pet. Our pet is a bearded dragon, so we joked and asked if we could have that as a topper. He said yes, and even knew what one was because his son had one. When it was time to cut the cake at our reception, we saw our cake for the first time and were blown away at how amazing it looked. It was exactly what we wanted, and our bearded dragon topper was perfect and detailed. We can't recommend him more highly!

Christie · Married on 08/27/2016

Ah-mazing. Christian is awesome! Highly, highly recommend getting your cake here. Our tasting was lovely, he was very accommodating with everything from flavors to style. Our cake was beautiful and delicious - we went with two flavors, meyer lemon and bavarian cream with strawberries and lingonberries :)

Susanne · Married on 05/01/2016

Spectacular cake! We met with Christian for a cake tasting. He had baked them fresh for us that day. Offered numerous flavors of cakes as well as icings and fillings. His cake/icing combinations were so good we ordered two cakes - a wedding cake (3 tier white with strawberry champagne filing and butter cream frosting) and a Groom's cake (chocolate with Mocha creme filling and butter cream frosting). We should have ordered a larger Groom's cake since it people wanted to try both types of cake (white and chocolate). Only complaint was the cake arrived an hour late - not too late for the reception but too late for the florist who had to hang around to decorate the cake when it arrived. Christian refunded us the delivery charge for the inconvenience and has promised us a free "Anniversary" cake as compensation. Very fair. I would use this company again and have already recommended them to friends.

Krumbs Cakes was so awesome to work with and the cake was delicious! We loved the tasting we did with Christian- the hardest part was choosing our flavors! I loved the variety of flavors that they offered- we chose 3! I didn't think I liked "white cake" until I tried Christian's European Princess Cake and it was to die for! We also chose the Coconut Cake with Prickly Pear Cactus Mouse and the Very Berry - Chocolate Cake with Raspberry, Strawberry and Marionberry Mousse Filling which were both amazing. I brought in some pictures of cakes that I liked and Christian was able to sketch up a completely unique cake for us with the ideas I brought. After our tasting, he encouraged us to think about and go try other cakes (shocking) to make sure we wanted to work with him. I will be honest, I didn't try any other cakes because his were so good! We even added some gluten free cupcakes (like a week before the wedding) and it was no problem for them. Christian was one of the easiest vendors we worked with for our wedding.

Andrew · Married on 10/17/2015

Krumbs Cakes was wonderful! Christian was a great guy, who worked kindly with us to design two wedding cakes with just the design we wanted. We asked for one with peacock feathers, and one that looked just like a Tardis from Doctor Who. The Tardis was a perfect likeness, a lot of fun; and the peacock-feather cake was really beautiful as well.

The pictures of the cakes were actually among our favorite pictures from all the wedding photos, they looked so perfect. And they tasted SO good! Really nice and rich. We got chocolate blood orange and salted caramel. The price, too, was perfectly reasonable, which is almost unheard of in wedding cakes these days.

How we love Krumbs Cakes! We are so grateful to them for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! it was a pleasure baking for you! best regards, Chrsitian

Angi · Married on 09/19/2015

I was planning my wedding in California from London and as I was not in the country I had to rely on web reviews to find someone to make our cake. I couldn't have done better in finding and choosing Christian. He listened to everything I had in mind and worked with me to create the perfect cake. He has a vast selection of flavours, both gluten free and regular. My mum-in-law has coeliacs disease and was over the moon with the 'best gluten-free' cake she had ever tasted. It was great that she didn't have to miss out. All our guests ate their slices, a lot commented and there was certainly not a crumb left in the house. Oh and the best part: the price - for everything you get, Krumbs Cakes most certainly gives value for money.

Takeru · Married on 05/09/2015

Christian was so nice! He was so helpful from the beginning, from the tasting all the way to the delivery.
    Everything was perfect. Thanks!

Best. Cake. Ever. Christian is amazing. His cakes are so delicious. We had numerous compliments on the cake and everyone asked who we used. Christian was easy to work with and is very affordable. You won't be disappointed if you use Krumbs Cakes for your wedding.

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/07/2014

Christian is amazing! He recently did my wedding cake and was such a pleasure to work with. He was responsive to every email and paid such close attention to detail. Christian was either our 2nd or 3rd cake vendor and he was the only vendor that stayed with us during the cake tasting and described the cake with us as we ate. My husband actually doesn't even like cake and he finished each of our cake tasting portions! All of his cakes were so light, moist, and flavorful. We knew right away we had to go with him. Our favorites were the princess cake (lingonberries with bavarian cream) and the strawberries & champagne cake although all were very, very delicious! Not only did we love his cakes but we showed him the style/design we were interested in and he showed us a cake he did recently that we fell in love with. He also tried to make the cake very affordable for us. Biggest perk: he told us to eat the top tier of the cake and on our 1 yr he'll bake us a cake complimentary! Thanks so much, Christian! I can't wait to visit your bakery and order cakes from you in the future!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

HI Whitney, Thank you very much for the great review!! I do very much appreciate the kind words. Can't wait to see you later this year for your 1st anniversary cake!!!! best regards, Christian

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

I love cake, my husband loves cake, and my family loves cake. This is not an understatement. I am so incredibly impressed with Krumbs Cakes and in fact will continue to use them to design all of my yummy treats! Christian is very professional and friendly. From our cake tasting it was apparent that he truly loves what he does. We sampled various types of cake from chocolate, to princess, to lemon and they were all fantastic! We ended up selecting princess cake and lemon cake for our wedding. My husband was so excited during the design process that I found myself a little anxious over what our cake would actually look like. Christian nailed it! It was not only beautiful, but tasted scrumptious. Everyone ate the whole cake (which I admit we were bummed about because we wanted to eat more later that night). Oh well, we will just be ordering a smaller version for our one year. On a side note, I also had Christian create my bridal shower cake. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and tasted even better! I cannot recommend Krumbs Cakes enough! No other baker can compare.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! You are one of the reasons why my job is the best in the world. It was a pleasure to bake for you and i hope to do that for you again soon. Best regards Christian

Jen · Married on 07/27/2014

Gorgeous and Delicious!! Wow, we got so many compliments on our cake (and the Grooms cake that was just a fun stacked cake of tiered Oreos!) The cake was amazingly flavorful, moist, and delicious. Christian was so easy to work with – and as you see in the pictures – their work speaks for itself! Truly the sky is the limit when it comes to their capabilities! You can have your cake and eat it to – Krumbs is by far the best! Thank you for helping make our wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 02/16/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

HI Jen, it was a pleasure baking for you. Thank you very much for the great review!!! Best regards, Christian

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2014

We tried Christian's cake at a friend's wedding and when it came time for us to choose our wedding cake baker, we didn't think twice. We enjoyed our cake sampling and loved Christian's creative use of fresh ingredients. He was a joy to work with and was very accomodating - he even baked a small sample of coconut and cactus flower for us to try after our initial meeting. It was out of this world and our favorite flavor. When it came down to discussing the design, we had no idea what we wanted. Christian showed us the beautiful cakes that he created and made a few suggestions. We even dropped off a color swatch of our theme color and he matched the ruffled bottom tier of the cake to it..we were beyond impressed with our cake :) We highly recommend Christian!

I love Christian! He responded to my million emails so quickly and thoughtfully. I was freaking out about not seeing the cake design until the day of but he was so confident that I felt comfortable leaving my cake in his hands. He gave me his honest opinion about some of the ideas I had while encouraging . He was also willing to stay within my budget and threw in little things for free. He did a wonderful job and everybody raved about how delicious my cake was!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your great review! It was my pleasure working on your cake design with you. Brides like you make my job very enjoyable. Best regards, Chrsitan

The cake we had made was not only beautiful but also delicious! Krumbs Cakes was wonderful to deal with and I will be using them again for future events.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your review. Brides like you make our job so much fun! It was my pleasure baking for you. Best regards, Christian

Megan · Married on 10/06/2013

We used Krumbs Cake for our wedding. Christian was awesome and very professional. He also made a Grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner. Both were absolutely amazing and tasted delicious. He has many unique flavors that my husband loved 9I am a very picky eater so I went for the classic white). We were very pleased how the cakes turned out. Thanks again Christian!

Christy · Married on 07/05/2013

Christian created the most beautiful cake for our wedding! I came in with photos and my vision and he went above and beyond to make my cake, and my groom's cake, look stunning and elegant. The wedding cake fit our vintage glamour theme perfectly with the blush colors, pearls, and ruffles, and I kept looking over at it throughout the night. The groom's cake was a replica of the race car that my husband sponsors and it looked fantastic. It was a big hit! We sent the photos to the team owner who was very excited and impressed with the detail. I was a little worried about how they would turn out because I had a specific vision, but I couldn't have been happier with the end product. The actual cakes themselves were very light which was nice for a hot summer wedding. We chose the red velvet and the white cake with salted caramel filling. All of his cake flavors and fillings were wonderful at the tasting though. If I could go back, I would definitely choose something more daring in terms of flavor because Christian has some really fun choices. In addition, his prices are very reasonable compared to some of the other cake vendors in wine country.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Thank you!!!!!!

So yummy!!! Great service!! Best cake I have ever tastes. The wedding cake for my friend was amazing it matches her dress!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you very much for your review!! I hope you give us the chance to bake for any of your events in the future. have a nice day, Christian Krumbs Cakes

Wow, what can I say about Christian? The entire process working with him, from the initial tasting to discussing the design to completely changing the design, was such a pleasure. The tasting was the most delicious part of it all, of course--you can't beat the freshness and lightness of his cakes! We ended up going with the strawberry champagne, which we loved and received so many compliments on from our guests.

As for the design, Christian is a true artist. We had a smaller design in mind originally, but one thing led to another and we ended up with a 5-tier cake with gaps in between each tier for flowers, making the cake a focal point of the wedding reception. Christian made excellent suggestions for the design and was very receptive to the pictures and ideas I sent him. Once I actually saw the cake on the day of our wedding, I was FLOORED!!! It was so much more beautiful than I ever expected, I really couldn't stop staring at it. I highly highly recommend him--you won't be disappointed!! So well worth the investment.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! Things like that make my job so great. Don't forget to contact me for your complimentary 1st anniversary cake!!!! Best regards, Christian
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 05/02/2013

Christian with Krumbs cake does very good quality work. I planned my wedding from FL and he worked with me on design and flavors to make sure all details were perfect. He even overnighted cake samples for us to try! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

HI Mindy, Thank you very much for your great review. It was a pleasure working with you. Best regards, Christian