Krumbs Cakes Reviews

Krumbs Cakes 3
Krumbs Cakes 4
Krumbs Cakes 5

Michelle Jindrich · Married on 10/11/2019

Wedding Brownie Cake - Fabulous!

Christian and his team did an amazing job. My husband and I wanted to have a brownie cake at our wedding (and surprisingly that was harder to find than I expected). I reached out to Krumbs Cake and Christian responded promptly with the excitement to create a brownie cake for us (for the first time). We went in for a tasting and everybody was super kind and excited to create a brownie cake for the wedding. They really listened to us and did such an amazing job. We got a three tiered brownie cake with salted caramel on the top for just my husband and I to cut. For the guests we had sheet cake brownie made as 3x4 inch brownies with a dollop of the salted caramel frosting on top of each. The brownies were delicious and at the end, all the brownies had been eaten! I highly recommend Krumbs Cakes.

Krumbs Cakes 6
    Krumbs Cakes 7
    Krumbs Cakes 8
    Krumbs Cakes 9
    Sent on 11/30/2019

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!! it was a pleasure baking for you.
    I am so glad everyone enjoyed the brownies.
    Happy Holidays,
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Rose · Married on 09/01/2019

Rustic chic cake for my country wedding

Krumbs Cakes should be first on your list if you want elegant, updated wedding cake options. I was so excited to try their wide range of flavors, and wound up choosing three different options for the cake layers. We even had a gluten-free chocolate layer which was a huge hit for guests with that restriction. Absolutely delicious, incredibly unique, and flawlessly professional.

Krumbs Cakes 10
    Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 07/20/2019

Easy, Smooth to work with

Krumbs Cakes makes excellent cakes, not only do they taste good, but they look great. I told them I wanted something simple and elegant and they made it happen. On the day of I realized I forgot to tell them how I wanted the flowers decorated on the cake. I wasn't picky about it so just left it up to Krumbs cakes. Everything went so smoothly from tasting to the day of.

Krumbs Cakes 11
    Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2019

Beautiful & delicious

The cake was delicious and beautifully made. We and our guests loved it! Staff was very prompt and professional. :)

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela Jimenez · Married on 06/02/2019

Professional and Fun

I want to thank Christian and his team for being so communicative during our entire wedding. We worked with them through our venue coordinators at Wedgewood Stonetree. We came in to meet them for cake tasting back in February and I had described a poorly formed vision of what we wanted to match with our wedding theme. After the appointment, we had changed our mind and redesigned the entire look of the cake. It was all done with emails and photos and when we finally saw it on our wedding day in June, it was absolutely beautiful.

Their flavors are amazing and it was difficult to choose which one we wanted. I was in between their strawberry cream, their lemon cream, and espresso cream. We ended up with a vanilla cake with lemon cream for our spring wedding. It was delicious and our guests kept telling me after the wedding how delicious it was. I definitely recommend them for your cake needs.

Krumbs Cakes 12
    Krumbs Cakes 13
    Krumbs Cakes 14
    Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Charlene

Charlene · Married on 05/16/2019

Cake tasting

Our cake was perfect and arrived on time.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Annie C · Married on 09/22/2018

Delicious cake!

Krumbs Cakes made our wedding cake and we were really happy with how it turned out. We looked at a number of bakers and did four cake tastings across the Bay Area. We had an excellent tasting with Christian where he had us taste a variety of samples and walked us through the differences between flavors, fillings, and frostings. His passion for baking and delivering a great product was evident throughout the tasting. He was honest with us about what works and what is popular from his experience. We ended up picking Krumbs Cakes because the cake was light, not too dense, and not too sweet, which was perfect for our wedding dessert which also featured ice cream.

The process was smooth for finalizing our order and payment (I would recommend calling them instead of emailing). Our two-flavor, three-tier buttercream cake was beautiful and decorated nicely with the flowers that our florist provided. The cake delivery was a little off schedule (being set up during dinner instead of during cocktail hour) but was ready by the time of our cake cutting. The cake was delicious!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Tina · Married on 09/01/2018

From the beginning, Christian was professional and responsive. Before the consultation, we emailed back and forth about vision and flavors. The tasting included both flavors combinations that we discussed as well as some pleasant surprises. It was difficult to choose among the 7+ (!!), but we were able to settle on three, two for sheet cakes and one for our cutting cake. The cutting cake was exactly what we envisioned: simple and unfussy, beautiful, and positively delicious!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Shana · Married on 07/08/2018

This cake was spectacular! We had a lot of fun tasting the different options and were really happy with how it tasted and its presentation.

Krumbs Cakes 15
    Sent on 08/14/2018
  • MarryMeMcDannel

Alyssa · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding cake was a hit! So delicious, light, and creamy! The presentation was beautiful, it came on time, and communication with Christian was very easy. We highly recommend Krumbs Cakes!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Anne · Married on 09/15/2017

My new husband and I aren’t typically the biggest cake fans, but when we tried a sampling of Krumb’s Cakes for our wedding cake – We were in HEAVEN! We only needed a small, two-tier cake as our main dessert was donuts, but boy did that cake far exceed our expectations! We made sure to steal a little extra for ourselves and we’re sure glad we did! We couldn’t decide on one flavor, so owner Christian, let us choose two which only made the whole process even more fun! We chose lemon for the bottom tier and then got adventurous and chose cactus for the top tier. We fell in love with uniqueness of the sweet cactus flavor and it paired so perfectly with the lemon. Our cake was so light, fluffy, and a dream to eat! And Christian was so easy to communicate with, always responding to our inquiries right away. We will certainly return for birthday and anniversary cakes!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Morgana · Married on 09/02/2017

We highly recommend Krumbs Cakes! Christian makes the most delicious cakes we have ever eaten. He made a cake for a pre-wedding event and also for our wedding, and our guests at both events raved about how delicious it was! We were able to save some of the cake from the first event for a couple weeks, and even after a couple weeks it was still moist and delicious. We love Krumbs so much we hope to continue getting all future cakes from his shop.

Sent on 09/23/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/18/2017

Christian at Krumbs Cakes is AMAZING! We met before our wedding to go over what we were looking for in a cake, and Christian had some great suggestions. He asked if we wanted a topper and mentioned that it could be anything, even a pet. Our pet is a bearded dragon, so we joked and asked if we could have that as a topper. He said yes, and even knew what one was because his son had one. When it was time to cut the cake at our reception, we saw our cake for the first time and were blown away at how amazing it looked. It was exactly what we wanted, and our bearded dragon topper was perfect and detailed. We can't recommend him more highly!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Christie · Married on 08/27/2016

Ah-mazing. Christian is awesome! Highly, highly recommend getting your cake here. Our tasting was lovely, he was very accommodating with everything from flavors to style. Our cake was beautiful and delicious - we went with two flavors, meyer lemon and bavarian cream with strawberries and lingonberries :)

Sent on 12/21/2016

Susanne · Married on 05/01/2016

Spectacular cake! We met with Christian for a cake tasting. He had baked them fresh for us that day. Offered numerous flavors of cakes as well as icings and fillings. His cake/icing combinations were so good we ordered two cakes - a wedding cake (3 tier white with strawberry champagne filing and butter cream frosting) and a Groom's cake (chocolate with Mocha creme filling and butter cream frosting). We should have ordered a larger Groom's cake since it people wanted to try both types of cake (white and chocolate). Only complaint was the cake arrived an hour late - not too late for the reception but too late for the florist who had to hang around to decorate the cake when it arrived. Christian refunded us the delivery charge for the inconvenience and has promised us a free "Anniversary" cake as compensation. Very fair. I would use this company again and have already recommended them to friends.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Krumbs Cakes was so awesome to work with and the cake was delicious! We loved the tasting we did with Christian- the hardest part was choosing our flavors! I loved the variety of flavors that they offered- we chose 3! I didn't think I liked "white cake" until I tried Christian's European Princess Cake and it was to die for! We also chose the Coconut Cake with Prickly Pear Cactus Mouse and the Very Berry - Chocolate Cake with Raspberry, Strawberry and Marionberry Mousse Filling which were both amazing. I brought in some pictures of cakes that I liked and Christian was able to sketch up a completely unique cake for us with the ideas I brought. After our tasting, he encouraged us to think about and go try other cakes (shocking) to make sure we wanted to work with him. I will be honest, I didn't try any other cakes because his were so good! We even added some gluten free cupcakes (like a week before the wedding) and it was no problem for them. Christian was one of the easiest vendors we worked with for our wedding.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/17/2015

Krumbs Cakes was wonderful! Christian was a great guy, who worked kindly with us to design two wedding cakes with just the design we wanted. We asked for one with peacock feathers, and one that looked just like a Tardis from Doctor Who. The Tardis was a perfect likeness, a lot of fun; and the peacock-feather cake was really beautiful as well.

The pictures of the cakes were actually among our favorite pictures from all the wedding photos, they looked so perfect. And they tasted SO good! Really nice and rich. We got chocolate blood orange and salted caramel. The price, too, was perfectly reasonable, which is almost unheard of in wedding cakes these days.

How we love Krumbs Cakes! We are so grateful to them for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review!
    it was a pleasure baking for you!
    best regards,
    Chrsitian

Angi · Married on 09/19/2015

I was planning my wedding in California from London and as I was not in the country I had to rely on web reviews to find someone to make our cake. I couldn't have done better in finding and choosing Christian. He listened to everything I had in mind and worked with me to create the perfect cake. He has a vast selection of flavours, both gluten free and regular. My mum-in-law has coeliacs disease and was over the moon with the 'best gluten-free' cake she had ever tasted. It was great that she didn't have to miss out. All our guests ate their slices, a lot commented and there was certainly not a crumb left in the house. Oh and the best part: the price - for everything you get, Krumbs Cakes most certainly gives value for money.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Takeru · Married on 05/09/2015

Christian was so nice! He was so helpful from the beginning, from the tasting all the way to the delivery.
    Everything was perfect. Thanks!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Best. Cake. Ever. Christian is amazing. His cakes are so delicious. We had numerous compliments on the cake and everyone asked who we used. Christian was easy to work with and is very affordable. You won't be disappointed if you use Krumbs Cakes for your wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/07/2014

Christian is amazing! He recently did my wedding cake and was such a pleasure to work with. He was responsive to every email and paid such close attention to detail. Christian was either our 2nd or 3rd cake vendor and he was the only vendor that stayed with us during the cake tasting and described the cake with us as we ate. My husband actually doesn't even like cake and he finished each of our cake tasting portions! All of his cakes were so light, moist, and flavorful. We knew right away we had to go with him. Our favorites were the princess cake (lingonberries with bavarian cream) and the strawberries & champagne cake although all were very, very delicious! Not only did we love his cakes but we showed him the style/design we were interested in and he showed us a cake he did recently that we fell in love with. He also tried to make the cake very affordable for us. Biggest perk: he told us to eat the top tier of the cake and on our 1 yr he'll bake us a cake complimentary! Thanks so much, Christian! I can't wait to visit your bakery and order cakes from you in the future!

Sent on 01/24/2015

HI Whitney,
    Thank you very much for the great review!! I do very much appreciate the kind words.
    Can't wait to see you later this year for your 1st anniversary cake!!!!
    best regards,

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

I love cake, my husband loves cake, and my family loves cake. This is not an understatement. I am so incredibly impressed with Krumbs Cakes and in fact will continue to use them to design all of my yummy treats! Christian is very professional and friendly. From our cake tasting it was apparent that he truly loves what he does. We sampled various types of cake from chocolate, to princess, to lemon and they were all fantastic! We ended up selecting princess cake and lemon cake for our wedding. My husband was so excited during the design process that I found myself a little anxious over what our cake would actually look like. Christian nailed it! It was not only beautiful, but tasted scrumptious. Everyone ate the whole cake (which I admit we were bummed about because we wanted to eat more later that night). Oh well, we will just be ordering a smaller version for our one year. On a side note, I also had Christian create my bridal shower cake. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and tasted even better! I cannot recommend Krumbs Cakes enough! No other baker can compare.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! You are one of the reasons why my job is the best in the world. It was a pleasure to bake for you and i hope to do that for you again soon.
    Best regards

Jen · Married on 07/27/2014

Gorgeous and Delicious!! Wow, we got so many compliments on our cake (and the Grooms cake that was just a fun stacked cake of tiered Oreos!) The cake was amazingly flavorful, moist, and delicious. Christian was so easy to work with – and as you see in the pictures – their work speaks for itself! Truly the sky is the limit when it comes to their capabilities! You can have your cake and eat it to – Krumbs is by far the best! Thank you for helping make our wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 02/16/2015

HI Jen,
    it was a pleasure baking for you. Thank you very much for the great review!!!
    Best regards,

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2014

We tried Christian's cake at a friend's wedding and when it came time for us to choose our wedding cake baker, we didn't think twice. We enjoyed our cake sampling and loved Christian's creative use of fresh ingredients. He was a joy to work with and was very accomodating - he even baked a small sample of coconut and cactus flower for us to try after our initial meeting. It was out of this world and our favorite flavor. When it came down to discussing the design, we had no idea what we wanted. Christian showed us the beautiful cakes that he created and made a few suggestions. We even dropped off a color swatch of our theme color and he matched the ruffled bottom tier of the cake to it..we were beyond impressed with our cake :) We highly recommend Christian!

Sent on 09/23/2014

I love Christian! He responded to my million emails so quickly and thoughtfully. I was freaking out about not seeing the cake design until the day of but he was so confident that I felt comfortable leaving my cake in his hands. He gave me his honest opinion about some of the ideas I had while encouraging . He was also willing to stay within my budget and threw in little things for free. He did a wonderful job and everybody raved about how delicious my cake was!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Krumbs Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your great review! It was my pleasure working on your cake design with you. Brides like you make my job very enjoyable.
    Best regards,