Kristine Herman Photography Reviews

Kristine Herman Photography 6
Kristine Herman Photography 7

Katie S · Married on 05/11/2019

Thank you Kristine!!!

Kristine shot our wedding on 5/11/2019, and hiring her was one of the best decisions that we made for our big day!! First of all, her pictures are gorgeous, I am still completely blown away by how amazing they turned out! But beyond just her pictures, she is an incredibly kind and easy going person, and it was so nice to have that presence on our wedding day. She did a great job of asking all of the right questions leading up to the wedding so that we were prepared to get everything done as timely as possible (like the family photos). I also highly recommend doing an engagement shoot with her to get to know her and how she takes pictures!! She drove all of the way to Tahoe to take our stunning pictures, and helped with all of the steps along the way, even giving outfit advice when I couldn’t decide what to wear. She did a great job of directing us with posing, and it was nice to get a feel for that during the engagement pictures. I was worried I would look and feel awkward, but a couple of minutes in we felt so comfortable and had a blast! And the end result pictures just have so much personality, and look natural and organic. Kristine did an absolutely fantastic job, I would hire her again in a heartbeat for any future photo needs that we may have! Thank you Kristine for capturing our day so perfectly!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Kristine Herman Photography 8
    Kristine Herman Photography 9
    Kristine Herman Photography 10

Marysia · Married on 10/11/2018

We hired Kristine for our wedding, and just received our engagement pictures back. To say that we are happy with the results would be an understatement. We are thrilled! She made us look amazing! Kristine has a very sweet nature and made us feel so comfortable, and that really came through in the photos. We took our pictures at Redwood Regional Park, which is a huge place. She went to the location early to find the perfect places in terms of light, and views, which was awesome! She found the most incredible spots. Before I worked with her, I was stressed about every element of the wedding venue, constantly wondering where we would take getting ready pictures, pictures with family, etc. I'm not anymore, because I know Kristine's professional/artistic eye will find the perfect spots! We spent a lot of time researching photographers and going through portfolios, and we are so happy with our choice!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Tiffany C · Married on 10/06/2018

Went above and beyond!

The only thing that made our amazing day more perfect was having the beautiful photographs afterward! Kristine was a total professional - easy to work with and made everything flow seamlessly. She has a great sense of what moments are important to capture and caught lots of other little moments I didn't even know about until seeing the photos afterward. In addition to her fantastic personality, three additional things stand out: 1. Toward the end of the night when she was headed home, I asked her to stay an extra 30 minutes even though it was more than we had contracted for. She immediately said yes without hesitation - and captured some AWESOME pictures at the end that I'm so grateful for! 2. I asked her for a photo the next day to have one great one to post and she turned it around immediately for us. 3. She managed to complete selection and editing of ALL the photos a month after our wedding... even though SHE had gotten married during that same month!! I can't believe she was able to produce so many pictures that quickly with so much going on in her life. THANK YOU KRISTINE!!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Alice · Married on 09/23/2018

Stunning cinematic photos to treasure for a lifetime!

Kristine is an absolutely PHENOMENAL photographer. We didn’t hire Kristine for our wedding photographer but we decided to get our engagement photos taken by her (super last minute, 2 months before our wedding date) and it was one of the best decision we’ve ever made.

Before our engagement photo session, Kristine and I communicated mostly over email. She was very prompt with responses and really accommodating with our requests to take photos at two locations completely across town. I was very nervous about our photos session because we’ve never worked with a professional photographer before. Kristine was super nice in person and made us comfortable despite meeting for the first time.

We went out to SF Pier 7 and Sutro Baths to take photos during sunset hours. It was unbelievably windy that day and I was completely caught-guard with my hair flying every which way. Kristine handled everything like a champ and I cannot believe how the photos turned out despite the weather challenges. It goes to show how amazing of a photographer she truly is - being able to capture amazing stills between strong gusts of coastal winds. She also stayed out with us for a really long time on the windy beach just so we can get the perfect shots by the ocean.

Our photos were absolutely stunning and so very cinematic - we were absolutely speechless when we saw the results. She is a master of light and all of our engagement photos have the most romantic ethereal glow. My favorite pictures were definitely the candid shot that she took of us laughing and walking together. It really captured the essence of how happy we were together. I also loved the artistic photos that she took for us as well. We made the photos into canvas prints and a guest book for our wedding and received so many compliments!

Thank you Kristine for capturing all these amazing moment and for coming out with us to the windiest part of California! We love these photos so so much and would absolutely love to work with you again in the future!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Kristine Herman Photography 11
    Kristine Herman Photography 12
    Kristine Herman Photography 13

Tiffany · Married on 06/28/2018

My partner and I had the privilege to work with Kristine for our wedding day--and we're so glad we did!! Not only did she create beautiful quality photos that my partner and I LOVE, she had made the photography experience during the wedding day so enjoyable! Kristine has an amazing ability to be laid back while also showing incredible attention to detail. Our families were blown away by how quickly she found every last credit card in our pockets and strand of hair that was out of place. My partner and I especially loved the secluded location Kristine found for our first look, which gave us a chance to calm down and take a breather before the ceremony.

Just to top all of this, Kristine is just simply a good human being to work with. She's so sweet, chill and at the same time--she really goes above and beyond for things that matter to her. Can you tell that I'm her fan?

Sent on 08/09/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/26/2018

We found Kristine through a preferred vendors list at our wedding venue and we absolutely loved working with her! Kristine met with me a few weeks before the big day to discuss shots and details. She is so easy to communicate with, very prompt when answering emails, and put me at ease throughout the planning process. Kristine has a beautiful way of capturing all the details, and you can tell she is passionate about her photography. We received our wedding photos exactly a month after our wedding, and have loved reminiscing our special day. We couldn't have picked a better photographer, thanks Kristine!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Jackie · Married on 02/10/2018

Kristine was exactly what we wanted! I have a degree in photography, so I thought it would be hard to find a wedding photographer that I would be happy with, but I loved Kristine's portfolio, so I gave her a call to chat. She was personable, charming, and genuinely excited to capture the specialness of individual couples' relationships. When I found out she only shot on film, I was sold. What you get from a photographer that only uses film is an intentional 'shooter.' She is thoughtful. She composes. Then she takes the shot and moves on, instead of taking a zillion photographs and hoping there's a good one. Her style was particularly great for us because we didn't want a lens in our face the whole day. We loved all of our photographs so much! I want to specifically call out our beautiful sunset photographs which were our favorites in the collection. These were Kristine's idea and her suggestion that we just rolled with and we are so happy we did. Hire her. Listen to her. You will have amazing photographs of your special day!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Scott · Married on 08/12/2017

Kristine's photography is breathtaking - but her personality, flexibility, and creativity far exceeded our expectations. We had set up our engagement photos from out of town and flew into SF on a rainy weekend. Not only did she work with us to reschedule during clear hours that same weekend, she was the one to check in with us while watching the radar and providing solutions every step of the way. While nervous about a photo shoot and stressed about all of the last minute schedule changes that weekend, Kristine made us so comfortable - she easily directed us every step of the way and jumped 100% into her vision - at one point she event jumped in the ocean in her jeans and sneakers, getting remarkable shots of us up on a cliff. Our wedding day was no different. Kristine and Zack kept a calm presence while making sure we stayed on schedule and even scouted out the best place for our first look, again willing to go on an adventure to get us to the ocean. We barely noticed her around on the wedding day and she got every shot we wanted, capturing the day more beautifully than we could have dreamed. We would recommend Kristine in a heartbeat and we can't wait to work with her again one day!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/05/2017

Kristine is an amazing photographer and her work truly speaks for itself. I found Kristine through instagram and fell in love with her style, the natural light and colors in her work are beautiful. You can tell she has a great eye for photography. We initially booked her for our engagement photos and after that experience we knew we wanted her to shoot our wedding as well. Kristine was more than willing to do some (extreme) hiking to get amazing photos for us and she was great at directing us and making us feel comfortable. Zach was her second shooter on our wedding day and he also got some great photos of my husband and his groomsmen getting ready. They work well as a team and definitely assisted in keeping our wedding day flowing smoothly. Kristine suggested that we set aside time to do sunset photos on our wedding day and this was a fantastic idea. The pictures turned out beautiful and it was a really fun part of the evening. We are so thankful for the beautiful photos we got for both our engagement and wedding! It is impossible to pick a favorite and we will cherish them forever. I would recommend Kristine in a heartbeat and I sincerely hope we get to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2017

Huge thank you to Kristine and her partner Zack! We have had a blast working with Kristine! Her work is amazing and in my opinion it's like she's been doing this all her life! She didn't pressure us or force us to do goofy poses. Everything about Kristine's work is natural! We love that she uses film and that she does her best to capture natural light! Kristine keeps things professional, but also very fun!! She is down to earth and totally connected with us! Kristine has lots to offer and does her research! She had great suggestions for where we'd take our engagement photos based on the style we gave her! And she hadn't been to our wedding venue before but looked into it and the day of the wedding and already chides the best spots for photos around the venue! We are so so happy with all of her work! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

Kristine is an AMAZING photographer! We cannot thank her enough for shooting our wedding day. We were absolutely thrilled with the results. We will continue to use her to capture all our milestones in life. Not only is she an amazing photographer, she is also super kind and very easy to work with. She was able to keep our bridal party in check as well as all the family members. Everyone raved about her and her partner Zack! You cannot go wrong picking Kristine!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Georgia · Married on 08/27/2016

Kristine captured our wedding day beautifully and was a joy to work with. Her prices were very fair and I am glad now looking back to understand that she provided us with a service not just on the day-of our wedding, but spent so much time with us following up after that 8 hours with touching up photos, setting them up on her site to view, and working with me on an album. I have already recommended her to close friends and family.

She met with us in advance to make sure we were a good fit and that we were on the same page about the photos and styles that we wanted. She was accessible and happy to answer our questions and give suggestions about our photo requests and day-of-schedule, which was incredibly helpful. The day-of, she and her partner were prompt (they helped get us moving!), present and helpful, but blended in with the day. She made sure we got all of the posed photos we wanted (we had a long list) and though we only had her stay for a portion of the reception, she caught the flow and feel of our entire day beautifully. We absolutely loved the mix of candid and posed photos - we feel like we are re-living the day when we look through them.

She really did take time going through the shots and posting great options for us to pick from. Her website and photo portal are incredibly easy to access and made the task of organizing our album photos way less overwhelming than we thought it was going to be. Our package included an album that Kristine puts together. We just finished with the back and forth with her and have finalized our album template. She was patient, responsive and very flexible - she gladly used her expertise to layout photos and was very open to what ended up being some very specific requests on my end. She also gladly shared some photos with me before the date laid out in our contract so I could have some options to use for a "thank you."

Georgia, Napa Valley, CA

Sent on 05/22/2017

Ari · Married on 07/17/2016

Kristine takes incredible photos, is so friendly and approachable, and really listens to the couple to give them what they want. Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kendrick · Married on 05/21/2016

We recently had an engagement shoot and then our wedding done. Kristine is friendly, professional, fun, and still easy-going. I appreciated her ability to set up lots of romantic shoots that I would not have known how to do. I also wanted to do some more fun and silly photos and she accommodated those well too. Just tell her what you want and she's game, and she'll set up beautiful looking shots on her own too if you just want her to create everything.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Anis · Married on 03/19/2016

Kristine is not only personable and easy to work with but she an an amazing talent. She will be famous one day so if you have a chance to work with her please do! Her pictures bring out emotions few can do.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/24/2015

Kristine is the best. She shot our engagement photos and we were so happy with them that we had to hire her for our big day! She is super talented and also really knows how to direct people and come up with great shots. My wife and I were absolutely no help for both our wedding and engagement photos - we didn't know what we wanted or what to do. Kristine took control and we get a ton of amazing shots. She photographed us with our families and wedding parties, took some amazing, romantic photos of just us and snapped a ton of great candid photos during the ceremony and reception.

We received our photo selects shortly after the wedding and couldn't be happier. She is amazing, I'd recommend her to anyone. She's shot engagement photos and wedding photos for several friends of ours and they are all thrilled with her work. She is the best!

Sent on 12/17/2015

lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

Kristine is amazingggg! We were going to California for our anniversary trip, and ended up changing the dates a few times. She was so understanding and flexible with us, gave us driving tips on how to get to our shoot location, and was overall just the sweetest person! Kristine is professional, fun, and made us feel at ease during our anniversary photo session. And the best part of course is that our photos were amazing! I seriously love every single one of them. The turnaround time for getting our photos back was also great! I cannot recommend her enough! Thank you Kristine!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2014

From our engagement session to the big day, Kristine was an absolute joy to work with! She is truly an amazing, talented photographer whose awesome personality is only exceeded by her incredible work! For our engagement shoot, she had tons of ideas and gave great direction while still creating an easy, comfortable atmosphere. And, despite the wedding day chaos and commotion, she captured EVERYTHING we asked for AND MORE, giving us beautiful images that people have been gushing over ever since!!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2015
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 04/29/2017

4.2
      3.0

The first thing my husband and I booked after the proposal was an engagement/wedding photographer. It was the one thing I was very particular about, spending weeks reviewing different photographers' portfolio, style, and pricing. We chose Kristine because she fit all our requirements.

What we loved most about Kristine was her flexibility. With our engagement photo shoot, one of our locations had photography restrictions and Kristine had a backup plan to bring us to another location. We also had a bit of a window between two photo shoot locations and Kristine offered to squeeze in a third location. When my husband and I received our engagement photos, we were ecstatic about how well the two on-the-fly locations looked---we thought they were even better than our selected location! On the day of our wedding, the reception ran longer than anticipated since food was presented to guests 15 minutes later and our DJ had to flip speeches/activities scheduled in our program, but Kristine and her second shooter Zach were again accommodating to provide coverage overtime so that we wouldn't miss important memories such as cake cutting.

Hindsight is 20/20, so the one thing we would request done differently is to have a panoramic shot of the reception courtyard space before guests arrived. There were plenty of close-ups of table decor and flowers but no shot of the entire reception space.

We would certainly recommend Kristine Herman Photography to family and friends!

Sent on 10/08/2017