Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist Reviews

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 5
Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 6
Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 7

Maddy · Married on 10/24/2015

It was an amazing and fun time and Kristin created exactly what I was hoping for! She listened and understood exactly what I was asking

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

Kristin did my daughters hair and makeup for 2015 homecoming. Kristin did an amazing job. To say she just did great would not even come close to how amazing it was. Kristin Hit it out of the ball park. Everything my daughter had asked for was exactly what she got. Even better than imagined. My daughter had so many friends asking her " Where did you get your makeup and hair done " ? Kristin made my daughters special day PERFECT! I seriously have never experienced such perfection! I will definitely be using Kristin in the future for any special events.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Heather · Married on 09/26/2015

Kristin was absolutely amazing. She was extremely responsive anytime I reached out to her regarding information, pricing, timeline, etc. I’ve always been very low maintenance when it comes to makeup and was nervous about doing a full face of makeup considering I only ever do my eyes and didn’t want to cover up the freckles on my face. She reassured me that a full face was important for pictures but that she would not cover up my freckles. At my trial, I showed her several pictures of the look I was going for and that’s exactly what she did! On my wedding day, there were a few slight tweaks I wanted to make and again, she delivered exactly what I asked for. She also did my hair and I absolutely loved it. I had reached out to several other hair & makeup places before finding Kristin and her rates were by far the best I came across and I’m so glad I found her. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and that’s all thanks to Kristin!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Kristin was AWESOME to work with. She is super passionate and professional throughout the entire process. She was fun to work with, but listened to all my concerns and made sure my girls and I felt beautiful on my Big Day. I was super nervous since I don't wear much make-up but Kristin has the gift of being able to highlight your features but still letting you shine as yourself. My girls and I loved our make up and it lasted the entire day! And she handled our party of eight like a boss! You're the bomb Kristin!!!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Carlee · Married on 09/06/2015

Kristin was amazing! My makeup was flawless and she gave me EXACTLY what I was looking for. She is very professional and my makeup lasted the entire night through my wedding (through the tears, sweat, kisses, everything). I will recommend her to anyone that is seeking a professional make up artist no doubt.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Mala · Married on 08/15/2015

You will not be disappointed. Kristen is amazing! She is professional, friendly and trustworthy with an incredible personality! What a bride really needs is someone who can keep her smiling throughout the chaos. And Kristen did just that. Her passion for her craft shows in her flawless work. She responds quickly to all communication and has a wide network of professionals to assist in other services.
    I planned my entire wedding in just 3 1/2 months. I live in California, and the wedding was in Virginia so I had to do this cross country! I began by posting on Facebook that I needed a makeup artist in the DC area. A friend recommended Kristen. When I met her for my trial makeup, she came with a big friendly smile and a huge makeup collection in a large roller case. The friendship began! Kristen was the only makeup artist that I met with and when you meet her, you’ll know why.
    A month before my wedding I lost my hair dresser, my wedding decorator, and my wedding dress vendor had no clue as to when my dress would arrive! Kristen regularly texted me to check in and when I told her my problems she would text me back and forth, offering help and advice and sometimes just a friendly ear. She made me laugh, put me at ease and helped me find the vendors I needed in the nick of time.
    My bridesmaids loved her! All their skin tones were a bit different but with Kristen’s talent and expert eye for color and dimension they looked gorgeous. She stayed for the entire event and made sure that I was always picture ready. And she partied as well! I have photos of her hugging and dancing with my sister! She became more than just my makeup artist; she became my friend. For those of you in search of an expert makeup artist as well as a calming energy in a chaotic arena, this is your girl. Kristen, thank you so much! You made my wedding beautiful and reassured me that within so much drama and chaos there are still beautiful souls in this world. I'm so glad we met.

Ashley · Married on 07/31/2015

Kristin was BEYOND amazing. My wedding was featured on Fox 5 on one of their "ziptrips" to Manassas, VA & I was given only 2 weeks notice to plan everything. I reached out on facebook in search of a mua & Kristin was tagged in my search - she immediately messaged me (as I was creeping her facebook looking at her work) & I explained the situation to her. She was so extremely helpful & understanding with what a crunch I was in! She came to me to do the trial & was the sweetest! I absolutely adored her & knew right then I had made the right decision, but by the time she was finished I was even more assured. My makeup was flawless & I felt so beautiful. The wedding was an early wedding because it was during Fox 5 DC's morning show, & she was there early! (about 4:20am!) All of my girls looked absolutely incredible (6 total), & not only that, she offered to stay afterwards & provide touch ups for me (which was completely unexpected). I would recommend Krisitin to ANY & EVERYONE. She was absolutely incredible.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Shauna · Married on 06/13/2015

Kristin was awesome from beginning to end. I had a bad experience with a makeup trial with someone else and was debating just doing my own makeup. My friend talked to me into looking into other options. A friend recommended Kristin, who got right back to me, was very friendly, worked with my schedule, and I loved my makeup at the trial and on my wedding day:-)

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 03/28/2015

I honestly can't imagine my wedding without Kristin! She was excellent in every way - went a million times above and beyond all my expectations, needs and wants.

I was only a couple months away from our wedding and still hadn't secured a makeup artist/hair stylist. I had requested quotes from numerous other places in the area, and the rates were outrageous. My photographer (Venessa Ramirez, Vness Photography) passed along Kristin's information to me, and I'm SO thankful she did!

When I reached out to Kristin, she emailed me back immediately saying she was out for the evening with family but would get back to me ASAP with rates and information - and she did!

I was so impressed with her rates and flexibility. I have extremely oily skin and was very worried that I'd need a touch-up after we did our portraits and after the ceremony. Kristin offered to stay additional hours for a very reasonable extra cost. That totally put my mind at ease.

At my request, she recommended several new skincare products to make sure my skin was in top shape for the big day. Her recommendations were amazing - right away I saw a huge difference in my skin. My face is a very bizarre combination of oily and dry. My new skincare regimen has done wonders to reduce the oil, dry spots and breakouts. I was so pleased with how my skin looked for the wedding.

We scheduled a trial a few weeks out from the wedding. She came to me in Alexandria and was extremely friendly, funny and nice. I knew I was in good hands when my makeup stayed completely intact throughout the night and during my entire drive home to Raleigh.

On the day of our wedding, Kristin arrived early to do my makeup and hair, as well as my Maid of Honor's. (We didn't even have any bridesmaids.) She even stayed on-site to help with my dress and touch-ups during and after the photos - which turned out GORGEOUS, thanks to her amazing work.

Thanks, Kristin!! I'd give you a million stars if I could! I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Tamika · event on 03/07/2015

I loved my makeup and so did my honey! Kristin made me feel so beautiful! She will be hired when I get married. Thanks lady you rock !!

• Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/25/2013

Kristin has done makeup for me several times over the past year for photo shoots. Off the bat her skills are excellent and she's a complete professional. Always arrives on time and is easy to work with when I am scheduling and planning a shoot. Kristin is versatile and consistently achieves the look I am going for, whether it be modest, glamour, or fashion.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks, love! You know I love working with you! Any day, any time!

Alina · Married on 10/08/2016

I just had my wedding on 10/8/16. Kristin did makeup for me, my mom and my 2 sisters. I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments we all received on our makeup. She made us look and feel beautiful but we still looked like ourselves. She was honest if we showed pictures she didn't think would work with our skin tones/face shape and spoke with us about other ideas. She's patient, flexible, and hilarious. Those qualities are amazing for someone you spend the beginning of your wedding day with--it set the tone for me. I am so lucky to have stumbled across her Facebook page and she had one spot available the whole month of October..my big day! You will not be disappointed with her work, she was simply awesome!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Nina · Married on 05/18/2019

Made my day!

Kristin was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was super friendly via email communications and in person! She is also a talented makeup artist/hair stylist and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Everything stayed in place throughout the wedding, and I recieved so many compliments. That's definitely a plus! I would totally recommend her for your big day!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Katelyn · Married on 03/24/2018

Kristin did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my wedding day. I booked her fairly last minute, but she was still able to do a trial run. The make up was absolutely incredible. She had a beautiful way of handling my round, somewhat tipped downward eyes. And when I decided I wanted a slight adjustment on my hair between the trial and the wedding, she adjusted perfectly and it was exactly what I wanted! So pleased!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Katelyn!!! Girl, I had such a fantastic time with you and your girls! You all were so amazing and I wouldn’t have asked for a better group to get ready with. Your maids were hilarious and so sweet! I am so super excited that we had the opportunity to make your day a success and that my book opened up so we could get it all in because anytime I have such an awesome bride, is a HUGE win for me! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day! I wish you all the happiness to you, your hubs & the pup!!

Kristina · Married on 10/14/2017

Kristin was great to work with from start to finish. She was responsive via email, calls, and texts and helped me through an emergency wax burn as well! Did a great job on wedding makeup and it stayed all night. Only thing that faded some was the lipstick near the end of the night. She did a great job on my hair as well and listened to my thoughts to make sure it was what I wanted. My bridesmaids also got their hair done and loved it. Overall very happy with the service received by Kristin!

Sent on 11/02/2017
    Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 8
    Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 9

Sara · Married on 10/06/2017

Kristin did my hair and makeup for my wedding on 10/6/17. Kristin was super accommodating traveling almost 3 hours to come to my home to do my hair and makeup trial. On the wedding day and the trial day she was early to arrive, which I loved. I loved her work- her makeup and fake eyelash application are amazing. She was very accommodating with adding services the day of as well. I would definitely recommend her services for any wedding! My makeup lasted through sweat and tears and I looked flawless the whole night. Overall great work.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jane · Married on 11/01/2016

........................................................................................................................................

Sent on 11/06/2016