109 Reviews for Kristin Johnston Bridal

Appts. Only (12)
Customization (7)
Customary (7)
109 Kristin Johnston Bridal Reviews

Kristin did an amazing job on my wedding dress. She really is a master at her craft. It was incredible to watch her work, pinning everything together and seeing how thorough she is. My dress fit me better than any article of clothing I have ever owned! Trust Kristin with your dress and you will be amazed :)

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin is amazing! She made my dress fit like a glove, is a total pro, super talented, and very reasonably priced, BUT those are not her most important qualities. She is an amazing person to work with and to be around. I total confidence in her talents, but I sometimes questioned my dress choice. She assured me that my dress was beautiful and that it was made for me. She made me feel beautiful and unique in that dress. At the wedding, I had SEVERAL guests not only compliment my dress but the fit as well. Many people told me that it looked like it was made for me. IF you want to work with a talented pro that will also make you feel special and beautiful, Kristin is your girl. Don't bother looking into anyone else, you don't need to. I was almost in tears when I left my final fitting because I was sad knowing I'm not likely to get to talk to her again. I do not have enough words to capture how awesome it was to wok with Kristin.

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customary, Alterations, Appts. Only

Kristin did an amazing job with my wedding dress! It was absolutely perfect - it fit like a glove. The shop where I purchased my dress recommended that I go home that day and schedule my appointments with Kristin immediately. I'm so glad that I did. I know several brides that have used Kristin for their wedding dress alternations, and every single one of them has been thrilled!

Profile Picture Holly, 4/7/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Kristin is amazing! When I thought my dress was going to be a nightmare to adjust, Kristin worked her magic and my dress looked like a dream afterward! She came up with suggestions I would have never thought of because she is THAT GOOD! Not to mention she is kind, easy to talk to, and truly cares about making her brides feel their best. She takes pride in her work and you can absolutely tell. Don't think about it, just go with Kristin!

Profile Picture Kaileen, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristen is AMAZING!! She is one of those people you know you can fully trust with your wedding dress, as she is in the profession she was meant for! If she suggested something, I definitely took her word for it and knew it was the best choice. She was able to make the changes to the dress I was hoping for and it turned out beautifully. I am forever recommending Kristen to any future bride. I loved her both for her professional work and just as a person; she’s so down to earth!

Profile Picture Erin, 1/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin did an absolutely incredible job with my wedding dress. From the moment I walked into her studio, she went down to business – I loved it! She is so knowledgeable and made all alterations look easy! Nothing was impossible! I did not know how, but she always knew what to do at every fitting. My dress fit perfectly. It hugged in all the right places without any constriction! I also looked and felt like I had a curvy, hour glass shape (which does not happen every often, haha!). I also was super (super!) comfortable in it throughout my entire wedding day! I was able to sit, eat, dance, walk, etc. without hesitation, frustration, or fear that something would happen to the dress.
Kristin does amazing work. I highly recommend her. Thank you, Kristin for making me the most beautiful I have ever felt!

Profile Picture Elma, 1/12/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Ladies... your wedding gown is one of the most (if not THE most) important details of your wedding. Do yourself a favor and book Kristin NOW. She books up at least 6 months in advance and there is good reason for that... she's incredibly talented and basically a magician! I was crazy and booked her 1 year in advance.. as soon as the calendar opened for fitting #1, I snagged the appointment.

My dress was purchased off the rack during a sample sale. Luckily, it was my size and zipped right up. However, I wanted to alter the silhouette from a modified A-line dress to a trumpet shape that would flatter my body. I also requested the straight neckline to become a sweetheart and needed a built-in bra for the bodice. My designer gown had 5 different layers of French Alencon lace. The work required on the dress was all done by hand and intricate to say the least. I couldn't trust any tailor with the dress so after some research and a personal referral, I was so glad to find Kristin.

After 4 fittings, the dress fit like a glove! I had so many compliments on the gown, and it just wouldn't be right NOT to give Kristin credit for making me feel like Cinderella! :) She was so wonderful and easy to work with.. I was a bit sad after the final fitting that I wouldn't be seeing her anymore! She lives in Katy and works out of her house, so it may be a trek for some of you but she is totally WORTH it!

Profile Picture Yen, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization, Bride

Kristin is a MIRACLE WORKER. I came to her with a wedding dress that was multiple sizes too big and wanted to add custom, delicate lace sleeves to the dress as well. Not only did Kristin tailor the large dress until it fit my body like a glove and gave me a rocking hourglass figure, but she added the most beautiful lace sleeves I have ever seen onto my dress. You can't even tell the dress started out strapless because her alterations are so seamless.

Kristin isn't your average tailor who does what you request and nothing more, even if the look of your garment requires otherwise. She went above and beyond and spent time on every little detail. She added buttons to the inner wrists of my sleeves, spent a whole fitting going over each lace piece and where I wanted them to lay on my arms, added loops in the corset back to thread my strapless bra through so it would be hidden, and created color-coded bustle ribbons so my Maid of Honor can bustle my dress in no time on the big day. Just to name a few!

After four fittings, I have to admit, I was a little sad leaving with my dress last night. Kristin's appointments have been such a highlight of my wedding experience! She took away all of my worries about the dress and created something better than I could have ever imagined. I can't recommend her enough to every Houston bride!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin is amazing! She made a sample store dress fit me like a glove. Super intricate dress detail that she made look like it was never touched. Highly recommend for someone who wants the best with exceptional attention to detail!

Profile Picture User6773279, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Absolutely the greatest! Kristin was so helpful through the entire process. She did things that I didn't know were possible. I didn't want to go just anywhere for alterations due to the amount of lace on my dress, however Kristin handled the challenge perfectly. Could not have been happier and I would recommend her to everyone I know.

Profile Picture Patti, 2/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customary, Alterations, Bride

To be honest, you really shouldn't do any further research... she's it. Utterly blown away by Kristin's attention to detail and handiwork. I had my mothers wedding gown revamped (sleeves cut off and shortened to a cocktail dress) ..Kristin did so with the most incredible attention to detail and concern / care for its vintage self. Not to mention my wedding day gown of my own.... AMAZING.... she is unmatched with her needle and thread.

Profile Picture Annie, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin is amazing at what she does! I am so happy to have found her. She was so kind and patient, there were a couple issues with my dress and she handled it so well. I was really stressed about it not fitting and she assured me it'd be fine and it was. She did a fabulous job and did it exactly as I wanted. I was mostly worried about the bustle, but it turned out perfect!

Profile Picture Asena, 6/4/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

She is absolutely amazing! It is obvious that she loves what she does. She spends a lot of time with her customers and makes sure everyone leaves happy. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User6803807, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

I loved working with Kristin. She was so sweet and made you feel completely comfortable. Every idea she had for the dress was just plain beautiful. I am not sure what I am going to do with my dress but I am hoping that if I ever renew my vows and it still fits I may shorten it and she will be the best person to call! Thanks Kristin, because of you I received so many compliments on my beautiful dress. I loved it!

Profile Picture Diana, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customary, Alterations, Appts. Only

I was referred to Kristin after purchasing my dress from La Reve Bridal Couture in Sugar Land and I'm not sure what I would have done without her!!!!! When I first purchased my dress, I had that "feeling" you're supposed to get when you find "the one" but I wasn't quite obsessed with it because it was almost 3 sizes to big and not form fitting (it was a fit-n-flare) UNTIL Kristin got a hold of it and really turned it into what I was envisioning! She is extremely talented and fun at the same time so I felt very comfortable tossing ideas around with her to mesh her professional opinion with my vision. What we came up with was amazing! My dress was strapless and I was originally wanting a keyhole back so from scratch, she created these beautiful (detachable) timeless sexy beaded lace straps! She somehow developed them flawlessly out of my confusing direction for wanting something more than just a strapless dress or adding just a beaded belt. My mom was completely floored by Kristin's talent when she witnessed my french bustle mock up and her alter suggestions. We ended up scheduling 4 fittings because she kept having to take my dress in, which was perfect and I couldn't have been happier with how perfectly my dress fit on my wedding day! Choosing Kristin was the best decision ever, I still put my wedding dress on because she turned it into everything I could have ever wanted!!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/4/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

I can't thank Kristin enough for all of her hard work on my dress. I really couldn't even envision what my wedding dress would look like when I first got it, it must hung on me looking like a huge expensive lace table cloth! She really pulled together my vision of the dress and changed it to make it unique for me. I got so many compliments on the dress and my mom cried she couldn't believe all of the changes she made and how far the dress had come. She never thought it'd fit right and I had her redo do the entire top taking it from a off the shoulder dress to strapless. She built a bra into my dress so that it could be a strapless dress. Than after she added the belt we ran into a snag when the dress kept wrinkling at the waist from the weight of the belt. But it was no problem for Kristin she added drapery weights to pull out the wrinkle! The dress is one of the most important things on a wedding day and I made a wonderful decision entrusting her to alter it for me. It really was a pleasure working with her and you will not regret choosing her as your seamstress for your big day! She's also very reasonably priced when compared to other couture alterations shops.

Profile Picture User6569303, 2+ years ago, 16 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin did a FANTASTIC job!! She instantly made me feel comfortable and made me love my dress even more! She truly takes pride in her work and I would recommend her to EVERYONE!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Customization

Kristin is my fairy godmother that transformed my dream wedding dress into THE ONE AND ONLY DRESS I want to wear every day, all day! I designed my dress and had it custom made; however, I had my measurements wrong. The dress maker was from out-of-state and I did not see the dress until it was completed and shipped to me 2.5 months before my wedding. Totally not the dress maker's fault - I should have gone to somewhere else to get my measurement instead I was lazy and went to a place down the street from where I lived. The torso was made for a tall lady, whereas I am petite 5'1. Kristin had to complete reconstruct the entire dress, remove boning and cut off inches from my torso area. But not once was I freaked out. The moment I emailed her about my issue, she knew exactly what was wrong before even seeing the dress in person. I knew I was in good hands. After 4 appointments, my dress fit me like a GLOVE. I am so in love with it! THANK YOU KRISTIN!!!!!

Profile Picture Becky, 3/19/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customary, Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON.....BEST ALTERATIONS EXPERT in Houston...State of Texas...and BEYOND!!!! Kristin truly has a gift from GOD and everything she touches becomes a magical work of art. She is an AMAZING/CARING vendor, who truly has her clients best interest at heart. I am so blessed to have found she a ROCK STAR/AWESOME PERSON. KRISTIN THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY SO SPECIAL!!! ALL THE BEST TO YOU.

Profile Picture Deandra, 3/6/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customary, Alterations, Customization

There is a reason she books up to 7 months in advance. My wedding dress fit perfectly. Wish I could wear it more than once! Thank you Kristin!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/14/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization, Bride

Kristin Johnston Alterations - All brides have a few panicked moments. Mine was a less than adequate dress alteration. The first place I went wasn't attentive to what I wanted and rushed me through my fitting. After a small panic attack and some research a friend (Manager Aisha Osanyin of La Réve Bridal Couture) sent me to Kristin Johnston, who is very knowledgeable and took the time to listen to what I wanted. I felt like she truly cared about me looking beautiful for my wedding. I loved the dress when I bought it but after seeing Kristin's work I was completely blown away.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 10/10/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I was referred to Kristin by La Reve Bridal Couture in Sugar Land, TX for any of my alteration needs. In March, I booked Kristin 4 months in advanced because she was so popular for bridal gowns. I'm so glad I did! Kristin's attention to detail and superb customer service made me wish she can do all of my alterations. My dress was all lace and intricate which had me worried on how the alterations will look like. Kristin is very very detail-oriented and made sure she gets it right every fitting. I had 3 fittings total and each time she spent quality time addressing the things she will be altering. My dress turned out beautiful and even created an easy and different way to bustle my dress.

Profile Picture Trisha, 10/4/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Kristin is absolutely amazing! She puts her heart and soul into making each dress perfect and makes you feel like you are her only bride! I had so much fun at each alterations appointment and it was a stress-free experience. She is phenomenal at what she does! I received endless comments about how beautiful my dress looked and I felt like a million dollars when wearing it. Thank you Kristin for helping to create the perfect wedding dress!

Profile Picture Kara, 8/22/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Kristin did an AMAZING job with my alterations and sewing on my sparkly belt! She made my dress fit perfectly and at a great price too!

Profile Picture Adriana, 5/23/15, 14 Reviews