Kristin Johnston Bridal Reviews

132 | Katy, TX

132 Reviews for Kristin Johnston Bridal

• Ashley

Ashley B. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

One of my favorite vendors

Kristin was absolutely amazing! She was able to add length to my full lace sleeves, add length to the hem, and even loosen a tight neckline. She also found lace for the veil, and it looked incredible! She was such a pleasure to visit with, and I will be recommending her to my friends and family who will be married. Thank you Kristin for making my dream dress fit me perfectly!

Sent on 12/21/2020
  • Naomi

Naomi K. · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Kristin is amazing!

She thought of so many things I never would have! My dress fit amazingly perfect and she made so many wonderful suggestions. She was so friendly and great to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/11/2020

Jennifer · Getting married on 02/28/2021

Best Decision Ever!

I got my wedding dress at La Reve Bridal and Kristin was at the top of the list for preferred seamstresses. I am so glad I found her! She’s incredibly skilled and knew exactly what needed to be done. She works quickly and does beautiful work. My dress had a lot of lace work and beading and it all looks untouched even though I had to have it altered for length. Would absolutely recommend her to anybody!

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Melody

Melody R. · Married on 01/24/2021

Wedding Dress Alterations

UGH! Kristin is the most wonderful seamstress and a miracle worker! I found her after getting some quotes from some other locations and she was not only the most affordable, but had the BEST reviews. My dress needed to be taken in about 2 sizes and had some details that needed to be fixed and she did that for about $450. She has been so patient with me as I was a corona bride and had to move my wedding twice. The only downside I would say is that you need to book all your fittings with her fast because she fills up quickly, which I feel like is a good problem to have and means that people love her! Highly recommend any Houston bride to use her.

Sent on 05/20/2020

Syndal B. · Married on 03/21/2020

Great experience!

My experience was fantastic from start to finish! So much attention to detail. She made the fit perfect and comfortable. Always on time and professional.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing and such a kind person!

Kristin was so awesome! I booked my 3 fittings and she was professional and super sweet! She does amazing work and would recommend her for anyone needing bridal alterations!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • riley

Riley · Married on 11/16/2019

Thank you for making me feel like a million bucks in my dress!

The best in the industry, you do not need to look further for a Bridal Tailor. She has so much experience under her belt and have been doing this for more than 20 years or so! She has had experience with every dress you can think of and I completely trusted her to make the changes. She is absolute worth every penny to help make you feel even MORE amazing in your dress.

She’s very professional and very sweet and easy to work with! She is attentive and listens to your concerns about the dress and addresses them.
    I am 4’11” and curvy, and my dress was a ballgown with tons of layers in the front. I was scared the layers weren’t going to look the same because I was so short and I might have to compromise some, but she made sure I didn’t and made it look better than ever.

Thank you Kristin! You’re the best!
    Highly recommend her to all the brides!!!

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan M. · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing seamstress!

I’m so happy I found Kristin!! My grandmother asked me to wear the dress that she wore in the 1950’s. The dress was not only (at least) 3 sizes too small for me, but also not quite the style I would have chosen. Kristin did an amazing job on the reconstruction! She reworked the bodice with lace so the dress retained the vintage look, while fitting me and my personality. She’s also just a really cool person and I looked forward to my fittings!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/19/2019

She is the best at what she does!

I can't not say enough great things about Kristin! From start to finish she was a dream! When asking different people who they recommended for alternations, 8 out of 10 said Kristin! I'm so thankful I found her and had her work her magic on my dress! I loved everything about my experience with her from my dress to Kristin, herself.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Shannon S. · Married on 07/06/2019

Best wedding alterations in Houston area

Working with Kristin was easily the best and easiest part of wedding planning. She made my dress absolutely perfect. I can’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Liz P. · Married on 06/29/2019

I have never been so happy!

Kristin was beyond amazing. I never had to wait on a reply, she always helped with scheduling conflicts when I needed her to, she was an absolute joy to be around and most importantly, customized my dress to fit my body so perfectly. She went above and beyond with the train and the entire dress. I could have never imagined trusting anyone else with my special day. Thank you so much for making it perfect!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Hazel · Married on 06/29/2019

Kristin is the fairy godmother of wedding dresses

I bought my dress from Misora Bridal a year ago, but it was a sample dress off the rack, and discontinued by the designer. It was THE dress and was sold a discounted price. Unfortunately the dress was a size 12 and I am a size 0. The dress had so much details in terms of beading. I saw the reviews of the seamstress that was recommended by the bridal boutique, but I was not gonna take any chances with any negative review. I came across Kristin Johnson Bridal on Yelp and knew this is where I wanted to get my dress done. Pricing was reasonable considering the restructure of the dress, but it was well worth it. She worked well my schedule, given that I started a new job too! Overall my dress was beyond perfect, and the compliments kept pouring in on my wedding day. Kristin is definitely the fairy godmother of wedding dresses. Make sure to book her far in advance!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Carlin

Carlin · Married on 06/15/2019

Kristen knows wedding dresses!

Kristen did a fabulous job on my dress and made me feel confident and beautiful for me wedding day! She is professional, and very detailed oriented and was able to fit my dress perfectly for my body type. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing alterations for their dress. She is proved accordingly for the quality of her work. You will not regret using her!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 06/08/2019

I loved her so much !!!

Mrs. Kristin is so down to earth and I would recommend her to anyone!!! She will make your dream come true. ❤️

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2019

Book her fast & early

Kristin fills up her schedule...FAST! Luckily, I was able to get some later evening fittings. But she is quick to respond, very professional, and does an AMAZING job. There is a reason she is booked fast...because she is the best in the business.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi T. · Married on 06/01/2019

The dress whisperer

Kristin did a phenomenal job altering my dress. When I came in it was boxy fitting, way too long, didn’t fit my chest right and lacked a bustle. The end product was a gorgeous perfect fitting dress.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Adriana M. · Married on 05/18/2019

Kristen Johnston

She is amazing
    She was able to squeeze me in my last minute fittings since i was coming from out of town
    The dress fit amazing
    She was soo cool
    And easy to talk to and her instruction video at the end amazing

Sent on 06/21/2019

Christine · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfection and professional

I had the best experience, her job was perfection and she spent time listening to what I wanted and executed it perfectly. She was amazing! I wouldn’t trust anyone else!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Katstrid

Astrid · Married on 02/09/2019

Kristin is amazing at what she does!

Kristin was seriously the friendliest person to work with. She knew exactly what to do to make my dress fit my body perfectly. Kristin has been doing this for many years; she is truly a pro when it comes to alterations. All 3 of my appointments went smoothly and she was always very welcoming to not only me, but whoever I brought with me to each appointment. It was a blast working with her! She cares about her work and the brides happiness. 5 stars!!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 02/09/2019

A wonderful experience

Kristin is truly the best! She was able to fit me in on very short notice and was extremely flexible, professional, and fun to work with. I was so comfortable during the entire experience, and I would absolutely recommend her to any bride-to-be. Thank you, Kristin!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Mariana

Mariana C. · Married on 12/22/2018

Dream wedding dress

Kristen is amazingly talented, she cares about every single detail, I happened to be unsure about what kind of bustle I wanted for my dress and she ended up making 3 different bustles, she really exceeded my expectations and made my dress look just like envision on my wedding day, Thank you Kristen you rock!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Jenene · Married on 12/08/2018

Kristin is amazing

KRISTIN IS AN ARTIST. Before I met with her, I thought, "oh, alterations are just alterations, you can get them done anywhere and it's the same." Oh my gosh, Kristin sincerely opened my eyes to a whole new world. My mom and I were literally giddy when we left our first meeting with her, she is INCREDIBLE at what she does, and I would trust her with any wedding dress on any body type. I didn't even know I could be excited about alterations. :-) She corrected little things on my dress that I didn't even realize needed to be corrected, and I promise you it was not just to make an extra buck. She took my already-beautiful dress and made it EVEN better. She explained every little detail and why she was making the alterations that she did. And the bustle - oh my gosh. I am very picky about wedding dress bustles, because I always worry that it transforms a dress, and not always for the better. Let me tell you, my bustle was so beautiful that my dress looked just as beautiful bustled as it did without. She is a master at her craft and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/27/2018

Kristin made me feel so beautiful...

Kristin was an absolute joy to work with. She is truly amazing at her craft.
    I bought my gown at La Reve Bridal Couture in Sugarland, TX and she was the first on the salon's list for bridal alterations.
    She is super in demand and you need to schedule her appointments far in advance! She is that good.
    She keeps her appointments very organized and she sends emails and text messages for reminders. She gave a fair quote as well and was in the ball park of the quote when it was time to pay and take my dress home.

I am going to include the final product in the photos. They are my bridal portraits. I do not have any pictures with the bustle, but she took my 7+ foot train and made the most gorgeous American bustle for it. People were absolutely in love with the bustle and for our first dance, I truly looked like a princess. She did a wonderful job. I would use her time and time again. Thank you so much for your work, Kristin. I felt so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day.
    -Laura

Sent on 10/31/2018

Tiffany · Married on 05/05/2018

Kristin did an amazing job on my wedding dress. She really is a master at her craft. It was incredible to watch her work, pinning everything together and seeing how thorough she is. My dress fit me better than any article of clothing I have ever owned! Trust Kristin with your dress and you will be amazed :)

Sent on 05/17/2018
  • LisaJoyce

Lisa · Married on 04/21/2018

Kristin is amazing! She made my dress fit like a glove, is a total pro, super talented, and very reasonably priced, BUT those are not her most important qualities. She is an amazing person to work with and to be around. I total confidence in her talents, but I sometimes questioned my dress choice. She assured me that my dress was beautiful and that it was made for me. She made me feel beautiful and unique in that dress. At the wedding, I had SEVERAL guests not only compliment my dress but the fit as well. Many people told me that it looked like it was made for me. IF you want to work with a talented pro that will also make you feel special and beautiful, Kristin is your girl. Don't bother looking into anyone else, you don't need to. I was almost in tears when I left my final fitting because I was sad knowing I'm not likely to get to talk to her again. I do not have enough words to capture how awesome it was to wok with Kristin.

Sent on 04/24/2018