Kristal Lane stylist / make up artist Reviews

49 | Chesapeake, VA

49 Reviews for Kristal Lane stylist / make up artist

Haley · Married on 07/03/2015

Kristal was wonderful to work with! All of my bridesmaids and 4 flower girls loved their hair! We received many comments throughout the night and our hair staying in perfectly even with all of the dancing! My makeup was also just perfect! I looked Like my natural self with a little dramatic touch for my wedding day! It showed up wonderfully in all photos as well. I didn't have a make-up or hair trial before my wedding but felt comfortable that she knew what she was doing and I was right! I would highly recommend Kristal to anyone else who is looking for someone to complete their wedding day look!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2015

I'm so glad that I chose Kristal to do the hair and makeup for my wedding! She was very responsive to all my emails and many questions, which was really helpful in planning everything for the day of. I am so happy with the way everyone's makeup and hair turned our, all my bridesmaids, my mom and my sister looked gorgeous. I also loved my hair and makeup by Kristal, I felt so beautiful for my wedding day!

I would absolutely recommend hiring Kristal as your hair and makeup artist! She is so sweet and very talented at her job!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2014

Kristal was awesome! She did my hair and makeup and the hair and/or makeup for my bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. Everyone looked amazing.
    I had originally done my hair down and to the side at my trial but decided that I didn't like it. I showed up with extensions and asked for it half up and half down the day of and she didn't miss a beat. Everything, curls and extra length, held and looked great into the wee hours of the morning.
    Also, I don't normally wear a lot of makeup so she had a challenge to have me still look like me, but extra special. I thought she added the drama the day called for but I was true to myself. My husband (and I) was very pleased.
    She was right on time and actually finished early. She was a great value and just a delightful person to work with. You won't be disappointed if you hire her.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Hanna · Married on 05/17/2014

Kristal is amazing! She does an outstanding job with hair and makeup! I was so happy with the way my hair and makeup, along with my bridesmaids hair and makeup, turned out. She does the most beautiful hairstyles I have ever seen. She knows what she is doing and is very, very experienced. She has been my hair stylist for years and she will always be the person I turn to for anything involving my hair. I love her to pieces! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Audra · Married on 12/21/2013

Kristal is a true professional and very talented at hair and makeup. I got married on 12.21.13 - she was on time, quick and thorough. She also did up-do's for my mom, girlfriend, and did a quick turn of a pretty necklace into a headband for my step daughter. Everyone was extremely happy with her work.
    I did a trial run with Kristal, which I highly recommend to any bride. On the day of the wedding, I expressed some needed small changes with my hair, and she quickly adapted to my request. She also did my make-up - I can't say enough good things about her. She's sweet, funny, professional, and really good at her work. You will not be disappointed with Kristal.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Kristal Lane stylist / make up artist's reply:

Thank you so much Audra! Just got another inquiry for your beautiful venue at Warner Hall, and was giddy with excitement about returning. Congrats!!!!! beautiful!!!!!

Couldn't have been happier with Kristal! She is top-notch! I would recommend her to any of my friends/family that are getting married -- she is super easy to work with and made my day even more special than it already was!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Kristal Lane was awesome to work with. She was always easy to get in touch with and easy to work with. She has a great deal of experience and that truly shows and I never had one worry about how my hair and makeup would turn out. She was very efficient as she did my hair and makeup as well as hair for six others all by herself. She was professional yet a blast to hang out with while we were getting ready. When I had my hair and makeup trial with her, I had many different styles I was considering. After talking to me for a few minutes, she was able to create a style combining all the different things I wanted that I just loved. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Brittni · Married on 10/13/2013

Kristal Lane was the best person to work with. My wedding was at 10am on a Sunday morning, I had myself, two bridesmaids and a flower girl for Kristal to work on so we had to start at 5am. She was the most punctual, patient, professional, gracious, and wide awake person I have ever met. I could not have asked for a better person to have that morning. I was so grateful to her not only for the early time , but also because our little flower girl was not in the most happy of moods. But Kristal did not let that drag her down she was able to get in there in a jiffy and work her magic. I will absolutely use Kristal for any other event that I have or If I know somebody else I will recommend her to them as well. Thank you so much Kristal Lane :)

Sent on 10/16/2013

Casandra · Married on 10/12/2013

Kristal is so great to work with. They come to you and are willing to work with whatever style you are looking for. I had a hair and make up trial at the salon, which i reccomend, because we used a foundation i didn't like and so for the day of we decided to do airbrush instead. Wouldn't have know if i hadn't done the trial.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Laura · Married on 10/04/2013

WE LOVE KRISTAL! Look no further Ladies! She's WONDERFUL, professional, fun and *incredibly talented*. My wedding was only two days ago and I couldn't wait to write a review and express my complete gratitude for Kristal and her work--her talent and hard work gave me the exact "wedding look" I was looking for. I've never felt so beautiful and my girls were absolutely gorgeous! We were all in complete awe with her--she had 11 ladies to beautify in a 6.5 hour window (11 Heads of hair, 6 faces) all on her own and was still finished an hour early! Book Kristal for your wedding right now!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Anna · Married on 09/08/2013

Kristal was so great and professional! My hair and makeup turned out great and lasted even under the sun at our beach wedding! She worked with me...I just showed her a couple photos of what I had in mind and she went to work! My bridesmaids also loved her and they looked fabulous. I loved that she came on location, which eased A LOT of the stress and we were able to get ready while looking out at the ocean. I would HIGHLY recommend her! Thank you so much Kristal. I'll send a photo of the gorgeous wedding party ASAP.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Tracey · Married on 08/11/2013

I decided on my wedding day that I really wanted a different hair style from the one that I requested on my trial hair and makeup day. Kristal went to work and created a beautiful hairstyle that was exactly what I had hoped for and then some! She also did some terrific hairstyles for my bridesmaids! The makeup she did for me was stunning! She covered a large tattoo on my shoulder as well but I would definitley suggest that anyone getting married outside (beach wedding) or any other outdoor wedding in the warm months, consider having their photographer simply touch up their photos rather than getting your tatto covered. The heat and humidity caused the makeup to bubble and run and I ended up removing the coverup at the beginning of the reception. If you want a hair and makeup artist who listens to what you want and has plenty of great ideas for anyone who is unsure of the style they want, I would highly recommend Kristal! She did a fantastic job!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Kristal Lane stylist / make up artist's reply:

Love you Tracey! Made my day! Glad you listened and cleaned it off, it was a moist day!

Victoria · Married on 07/20/2013

When I found Kristal on this website, I knew she would do a fantastic job on my bridal party and my hair. But until meeting her in person I had no idea what a thoughtful and kind person she was. She helped me find the perfect look for my hair on my special day, and then went the extra mile and referred me to other vendors of her caliber. With her help, my wedding really came together perfectly, and I had the best looking ladies to stand beside me. Kristal is charming and extremely talented. Book her immediately!!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2013

If you want to have the perfect wedding day experience, you have to have Kristal Lane do your hair and makeup. Kristal not only did my hair and make up for my wedding this past June, but also did my bridal party and family members. Everyone loved her work! She is very talented and gifted but most importantly listens and cares for her clients. She is so fun to work with and loves what she does! If you don't use her for your wedding, you are missing out! BIG TIME :)

Sent on 09/29/2013

Amy · Married on 05/04/2013

I loved working with Kristal. She did a fantastic job with my whole bridal party. We were amazed at how good she was at time management. She did hair and makeup for 4 bridesmaids, a bride, and mother of the groom. We were ahead of schedule. Her work turned out amazing. She was so much fun to be around while getting ready the day of the wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Kristal was great to work with and I couldn't imagine my hair and makeup having been done by anyone else. She was flexible, responsive, punctual and her work is excellent! I liked her work so much that I switched hair stylists and she cuts my hair now. I would definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Debbie · Married on 04/06/2013

The first time I spoke to Kristal, I instantly felt comfortable with her. She was on time, which of course was important to me. I wasn't able to meet with her prior to the wedding because the location was three hours away, so I was a little nervous. No need to be. She moved my bridesmaids along and on to me and I felt like a princess. Everyone was beautiful. Very very happy.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Casey · Married on 02/16/2013

I used Kristal Lane for both my hair and make-up for my wedding last month. She did an exceptional job and I would highly recommend her services. I meet with her for a consultation in advance and she was very patient and friendly while trying to help me decide which up-do option looked best for my special day.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Amaris · Married on 11/17/2012

Kristal Lane and her team were amazing! She fit me in after my initial beautician cancelled on me 2 months before the wedding. She organized my day and was very flexible with myself and all 8 of my bridesmaids! they had their hands full and still got everyone done an hour before the wedding! They did an awesome job on everyone's makeup and hair. I wouldnt recommend anyone else! AMAZING!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Kristal Lane stylist / make up artist's reply:

Thank you so much Amaris! Everyone was so great! Congrats!

Carly · Married on 10/13/2012

I had the pleasure of working with Kristal Lane for my 10.13.12 OBX wedding. I highly recommend her!

I was so relieved when I was referred to Kristal. I had been searching the internet and other resources for someone that could do air-brush make-up AND hair ON-SITE at our venue.

From my first meeting with Kristal at my hair trial, she was extremely easy going and easy to work with! She helped create 2 hair and 2 make-up looks for my wedding and reception. I wore my hair down in large loose curls with a brown smokey eye look for the ceremony, and had her put my hair up for the reception so I didn't have to worry about it while I was dancing and having fun. She also made my eye make-up a little more dramatic for the reception!

I am a self-proclaimed hair and make-up addict and I'm sure I am one of the more high-maintenance (as far as beauty) brides Kristal has worked with. Despite that, she was patient with me and helped me create 2 bridal looks that I absolutely loved! My name is Carly Powell and I'm sure there will be pictures on Kristal's facebook site soon if you're curious! https://www.facebook.com/kristallanebeauty?fref=ts

Sent on 10/18/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2012

Kristal did an AMAZING job on my hair and makeup as well as my bridesmaid's hair and my mother's hair! Everything was exactly what I wanted and I can't thank Kristal enough for making me look so glamorous on my wedding day! She came right to my hotel suite so we never had to leave the hotel. In addition to being so talented, Kristal is also super nice. If you want to look great on your wedding day, book Kristal!

Sent on 01/23/2013

Betty · Married on 09/07/2012

Kristal did an outstanding job with all the hair and make-up sessions with the bridal party! As the mother of the groom, I was also included in the beauty sessions on the morning of the wedding. I was so happy that my make up lasted all day and into the evening reception. I highly recommend Kristal for any special event!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2012

Kristal was a recommendation from a friend/wedding coordinator and I am so happy that I found her. I was having trouble finding someone who would travel and be able to handle hair and make-up for 9 people. She not only handle it she ROCKED it making everyone look beautiful for our wedding day. She was great at listening to people and creating what they wanted or helping the indecisive figure out what would look best on them. The airbrush make I think is a must! It was so well done that is seemed wait less and lasted from 2 in the afternoon until 2 in the morning. Kristal made the wedding day priming fun and laid back for me and my wedding party.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Logan · Married on 08/11/2012

I worked with Jenni James, one of Kristal Lane's hair stylist and she was AMAZING! She came to the church and did all three of my bridesmaid's hair and make up and then did my hair and makeup. She does a perfect combo on makeup being subtle but bold for a wedding day. She is so easy and fun to talk to and it was almost like she was one of the girls that day laughing and joking with us!

Sent on 08/24/2012
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/23/2012

Kristal Lane is wonderful. She truly loves what she does and does a great job doing it. She has all her bride's best interests at heart, and will bend over backwards to make sure her brides are comfortable, confident, and happy. I had her do both my makeup and hair. The air brush she uses made my face look absolutely flawless in pictures, which is hard to do because I do have trouble with acne, especially during nervous times! I was blown away with how smooth and flawless my skin looked! I have always been super picky about my hair for formal events, and what she did was absolutely stunning. I still get compliments about my hair on that day two months later! She is a dedicated, hard-working, and a determined beautician and those are qualities that are to be admired and commended, especially with the way the world is today. I highly recommend using Kristal Lane for your event! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/16/2012