Kress Terrace Reviews

Kress Terrace 2
  • Michelle

Michelle Mitchell · Getting married on 12/31/2019

So far So Good

Kress Terrace has been super responsive and has answered all my emails within 5 min maybe less. They setup a tour pretty quickly and we booked the same day for NYE 2019!! I am so bad with names but the young lady that gave us the tour(I think her name was Jennifer but maybe not lol) was really nice. Quick and to the point. But not too quick. I hate when people waste my time. I am def going to request that she is the person I work with from here on out and that she is the staff member that's there on the day of. My Fiance is not a people person and really doesn't have too much to say about things. It's whatever I want but he said let's use her. So that was good enough for me as he finds something wrong with just about everybody lol. But after the tasting I will leave another review. After my meeting for the setup,floor plans and linens, I will leave another review and after the actual wedding I will leave my final review.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Kress Terrace's reply:

Aw, yay!! We're happy to have you!!
    My name is Courtney actually, but people mix up our names all the time-- you will be working closely with our team but I am excited to work with you!!
    Thank you and congratulations again!

Ciara · Married on 07/25/2019

Great Venue in Downtown Greensboro

Great venue! We used the rooftop venue of Kress Terrace for our outdoor ceremony as well as Suite 300 on the lower level for our reception. We loved the look of the venue and it gave an elegant city feel which is what we wanted for our wedding. The staff was very helpful during the planning process as well as day of making sure that everything went how we wanted it to.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Tova

Tova · Married on 09/21/2018

The Hurricane Bride

This vendor saved our wedding. I was a displaced bride because of hurricane Florence and not only did they open their venue for me, they made our wedding day perfect. I would choose them a thousand time over and over.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Kress Terrace 3
    Kress Terrace 4

Leslie · Married on 08/12/2017

This is an absolutely beautiful venue!!! The staff was amazing and my wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Marela · Married on 01/06/2017

We really enjoyed everything about this location! The customer service was great from start to finish, we loved all the vendors and it all came together better than we thought. Very pleased and overall happy with our experience and recommend this place!!!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Logan · Married on 01/01/2017

We had a wonderful time working with Kress and their two new venue managers Crystal and Heavenly. We wanted to complete a winter wonderland look and they helped us with ideas and recommending vendors. The wedding and reception were beautiful and we had a great time with our friends and family. Beautiful rental venues!!!

Sent on 01/09/2017

What a BEAUTIFUL and accommodating place to have our wedding! The staff was so helpful and all of our vendors were great. The views are so perfect for pictures and you can't beat the prices for what is provided. The options included in the rental were everything I wanted and more, and we were able to use other vendors too. Very flexible and helpful service. Our day was beautiful and we would recommend this venue to anyone planning a big event!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Helen · Married on 07/02/2016

I married the man of my dreams on July 2, 2016. Our ceremony was actually at Suite 300, along with our cocktail hour. The reception was upstairs at Kress Terrace. Kristen was our manager on duty the night of the wedding. At the rehearsal the night before, the manager gave us a "plan B" in case it rained on our wedding. Luckily, the weather was perfect. From the minute we walked through the door until the minute we left our entire wedding g. night was perfect!
    Kristen and her staff really catered to us. We paid for open bar for our guests, and my husband and I never had to go to the bar while we
    ate because they served us our dinks. We requested certain drinks for the night of our wedding (crown XR and Moscato) and they were there for us.
    I read another review about the "preferred DJ" not being good.... As a bride I took it upon myself to find my own DJ.... And you should too. It's called doing your homework.
    We had a free "candy bar" because we paid cash in advance. Our guests really loved filling their souvenir cups with candy to bring outside on the dance floor. The communication during our event was phenomenal. Thank you Kristen and the rest of the staff!!

Sent on 07/15/2016

BEAUTIFUL VENUE, EXCELLENT STAFF

Sent on 06/23/2016

trenita · Married on 05/08/2016

I recently booked my wedding at Kress Terrace and everyone I've encountered have been very helpful and have made my wedding planning process very stress free. Their caterer is also amazing. I gave them my budget and they helped me come up with a menu within budget.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Tara · Married on 03/17/2015

This was a stress free wedding reception, thanks to the WONDERFUL staff at Kress Terrace. The food was delicious, the decorations were amazing and matched our 'idea' of this party 100% and then some!! We didn't luck out on the weather and had to move our dance floor indoors, but we knew that was a gamble with a late March event. It's been a month and people are STILL talking about how much fun we all had. Great company - AWESOME RECEPTION! Thank you all so much!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Morgan · Married on 09/20/2014

The venue was beautiful and affordable, and the new staff that just took over are amazing!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Patricia · Married on 09/21/2013

Ms. Niki was very professional and easy to work with. Everything was setup nice for our reception. Thanks Niki

Sent on 10/05/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/03/2012

Kress is a beautiful venue. There was a change in the person in charge about midway through my planning process which presented a challenge; however, once Niki took over, everything went smoothly. The positioning of the tables and lighting provided was great.

Sent on 03/11/2012

3.5

This place is beautiful and really captured a great night for a reception. The only compliant I had was the fact that they were about to run out of food when we had paid for a buffet to feed over the amount of people that we had there.

Sent on 03/16/2017
  • Meika

Meika · Married on 05/18/2019

3.4

Pretty Venue

I actually got married at Suite 300. The food was catered by their catering team visions and it was great. The team I had working that night was great and the event manger was wonderful. One flaw was that it needed to be cooler in the venue. But my biggest issue was the elevator attendant was never at the elevator to take my guest up and down. They have a code that has to be used to come down to the venue so I had several guest stuck upstairs.

Sent on 05/24/2019

3.4
      3.0

Suite 300 was a gorgeous venue! It helped make our vision for our wedding come to life. However, they could work on responding to clients in a more timely fashion. Mindy was the absolute best!!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Chazity · Married on 05/07/2016

2.6
      3.5

I recently got married on June 24th and my wedding itself was AMAZING ! but the manager is HORRIBLE !!!! me and my husband spent over $6000.00 on that venue and I felt like I had to threaten and yell with the manager to even get a call back from her. the space is beautiful and some of the event managers are life saving and brought my wedding to life but michelle needs to be fired . period ! its been three weeks and I still haven't even received my security deposit back and when me and my husband both try calling her she doesn't answer. smh . the venue is worth the money but management isn't !!!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Kayla · Married on 05/21/2016

2.4
      2.0

So we actually got married at Suite 300. It is on one of the lower levels of the Kress Building, but it is all run by the same group of people. It is a beautiful venue and I really did love the space, but I didn't have the greatest experience dealing with the managers. I had to call them several times as they kept messing up our montly payment plan, and a few times when I showed up for appointments to work on my wedding colors or floor plan, I had to wait a long time before anyone helped me. This was especially true the night of my rehersal. We were told that we would receive a day of "wedding coordinator," who was not present at the rehersal. So the night before the wedding, there was no one there helpding us. I ended up getting a really good price for the venue as we booked it while it was still be renovated, so I feel I got "what I paid for," but I would have been pretty upset if I had spent a ton more on the venue as the service just was not good at times.

Sent on 06/04/2016

trenna · Married on 08/19/2018

1.5
      1.5
      2.5

I would write an entire page about how disappointing the venue was on my wedding day, 8/19/18 but I will save you some time and just advise you NOT TO HAVE YOUR WEDDING OR EVENT AT Suite 300 or Kress Terrace. It is all a big facade based on the pictures posted on the website.
    1) The elevator was broken and my guest had to walk down a nasty flight of stairs along with the food & staff. Several of my disabled family members were unable to attend my wedding because of this.
    2) The food was cold. Our meal consisted of the chicken marsala. I'm not sure what happened, but it was cold and you would think that someone poured a bottle of the marsala wine over top of it. The chicken smelled and tasty like pure wine/alcohol.
    3) During the cocktail hour, we had 2 passed hors d'oeuvres, along with a signature cocktail. Several of our tables were not offered any hors d'oeuvres AND the signature drinks were placed on the bar so my guest didn't even know there was a cocktail available for them.
    4) To compensate for the elevator being broken, we were offered 1 hour of unlimited beer and wine WHICH we did not agree to, so the guest were paying out of their own pockets for the beers and wine
    I have made several attempts to contact the venue, but yet no one will return my calls or email.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Johana · Married on 05/18/2017

1.4
      1.0

Kress was 30 min late to multiple scheduled appointments. When they eventually arrived, they weren't prepared and in the end our appointments to plan our wedding were a waste of time because the layout was all wrong. The servers were dressed in old t-shirts while all of our guests were in suits or tux. Our guests were warned to "a fine if we have to stay 1 minute over 11pm" and confiscated cigarettes from guests mouths and hands instead of notifying us (groom and bride) so we could ask guest to stop smoking. The contract did not state "no smoking" so we were very surprised when after the wedding the guest advised us of what happened. So unprofessional.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Anastasia · Married on 10/01/2016

1.0

I had my wedding reception at Kress Terrace, and although it was a great time, the planning process was a nightmare and some things also did not turn out how I wanted. Very, very, very, difficult to reach them, whether its via phone or email. Its clear that additional planning staff is needed, because I went days and days without being contacted back. I also hired a day of coordinator through Kress, as I figured they knew the venue best and would make everything smooth the day of, however, that was NOT the case either. Huge confusion over the limo pick up, even though my day of coordinator said she would take care of everything. I also told her how i wanted certain things set up, which she did not do. We also had a bonus dessert item, but it was never even served to my guests. I was assured that I could have a slideshow above the bar with my photos and asked several times if they knew how to make it work, was assured yes, and then of course, no slideshow, which was disappointing since I had no physical pictures at all since I was counting on this. On one of my planning appointments, my husband and I arrived, and no one was there! We waited and waited and called, went to voicemail, and it was extremely frustrating. Horrible organization, as the owners owns multiple venues, its clear they cannot manage them all. If you want a beautiful venue on the roof, it is definitely that, however - be ready to have a very difficult planning experience and for the attention to detail to be lacking.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Paris · Married on 07/28/2018

0.6
      0.5

Not professional at all and went back on promises made to the bride. Catering servers were very rude to guest. Catering did not taste as it did during the food tasting and the food was cold. Very disappointed and hate that I had my wedding/reception there. Would not recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Cassandra · Married on 10/16/2016

0.4
      0.5

Stay away is right. They have been terrible to deal with. The beautiful venue and view is enough to excite you, but it should have been a red flag to me when they seemed so unconcerned with our big day. They treated it like it was any other event, no big deal, they do it all the time.
    The day of our event, the contact I used during the entire planning process was nowhere to be seen. A complete stranger I'd never met before was the Visions and Kress representative. Not idea.
    The contract we signed was not honored; the bartender opened the bar early, causing him to close it early and our guests had to pay cash for drinks. Not acceptable.
    My contact, the general manager, was late 20-40 minutes to every single meeting we had.
    The kicker is that they are terrible with communicating. It has been two months since our wedding and we still haven't received our deposit back, nor the money that we overpaid. We were assured a half a dozen times that if we paid in full and overpaid for guests, they'd issue a refund.
    I have emailed and called close to twenty times. It's been one lie after the next "your check is in the mail" "oh we're mailing your check today."
    This company owes us over $500.
    We did them the professional courtesy of paying in full in advance. They should have done the same thing for us with our refund.
    I hate to say such negative things about a business, but I have given them two months to make this right and all they do is ignore my emails and don't return my calls.
    Be warned.