Kpix photography Reviews

Kpix photography 5
  • Van

Van N · Getting married on 01/08/2020

Engagement shoot

Keoni was so great to work with. He was flexible when we were just flying in town to check out the venue and decided to do an engagement shoot. High quality photos and amazing shots. Made us feel very comfortable and he's so easy-going. We were worried about the weather, but he was very flexible in changing to another day if it was rainy or cloudy too. Would recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Kpix photography 6

Jannisa · Married on 07/06/2019

Keoni is the best!

Definitely recommend hiring Keoni. Keoni is super chill but definitely has a lot of talent! He was so easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable during the shoots.

During the wedding day he was able to work around our videographers (as they were not so "chill"). We had a one bedroom suite to get ready but with 1 bride, 4 bridesmaids, 2 kids, MUA, Hair girl, 3 videographers, and 2 photographers you can imagine it got a little tight. He was able to work around everyone and everything that was going on. During the reception they were so out of the way that it seemed like they weren't even there, which makes me so excited to see all the candid photos that he captured.

Our engagement pictures came out perfect and can't wait to see our Wedding photos.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Carter and Ashley Chung · Married on 09/29/2018

Great pictures, great guy

We saw the amazing nature-y backdrops and candids that they did, so we decided to use KPIX for our wedding. Great choice. Keoni was awesome to work with, and the pictures turned out amazing. He did great using his artistic judgment when we didn't feel like making decisions about what or where to shoot, and was completely accommodating when we had requests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Camille · Married on 02/08/2018

We loved working with Keoni and his crew! He was so easy to get along with and he made it less awkward being in front of the camera for me. He took our engagement and wedding photos. They honestly were like family at the wedding. So funny and awesome. I can’t even say enough about them! He was able to work with us on our destination wedding. We love love love the pictures! We feel like he was able to capture who we were and what we wanted. We were speechless when we saw them. Can’t wait to so them off! Don’t hesitate to call Keoni!!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Kpix photography 7

Jill · Married on 11/11/2017

Keoni is truly an artist and it was great to watch him in action. He is able to see the beauty in nature and more importantly the light that will translate beautifully in photographs. He offers the best value with his packages and is responsive to emails.

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I came across Keoni's portfolio as one of the wedding photographer recommendations from our coordinator. Both my husband and I loved the style of his photos. We quickly booked Keoni for our norhtshore beach wedding last October. The process of booking was all done online professionally and efficiently. On the day of our wedding, Keoni and his assistant showed up on time at our wedding. He was friendly and very easy to get along with. I felt very comfortable, and so did my husband, who can get very awkward taking photos, esp with strangers. It felt like Keoni and his assistant were just our friends taking photos during the wedding. It rained on our wedding day, Keoni and his assistant were out in the rain doing their jobs. They were very professional and fun to be around.

The photos turned out amazing. We are so in love with our wedding photos and got nothing but compliments from all our families and friends. They were truly beautiful and caught all the moments of our special day. We highly recommend Keoni and guarantee you will not regret choosing him as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Candice · Married on 10/27/2017

We hired Keoni Kitagawa for both our engagement and wedding photography. All of our photos turned out better than I imagined! Keoni is very easy to work with and made both experiences comfortable and fun for everyone. He is creative and considers the outcome of the photo, taking into consideration the scenery and lighting, before snapping it. He was open to our and our guest's suggestions and requests, and we never felt rushed. I definitely recommend his services and will hire him again in the future!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Lasha · Married on 10/15/2017

Keoni is the best Photographer on the island. He is so professional and his pictures literally take your breath away. He has a way of capturing the beauty of the couple and landscape at the same time. He’s so mindful of what YOU want. Some photographer get too artsy and it ends of being you paying them to be their muse but not with Keoni. He makes it his personal business to not only give you why you asked for but go beyond and give you those money shots as well. I would book him for every picture I ever need to take in life lol he’s that god!!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Kpix photography 8
    Kpix photography 9
    Kpix photography 10
  • User7364912 · 1+ year ago

Keoni is the best photographer in Hawaii!! He's very personable, makes you feel comfortable and we shared lots of laughs. I spent ages trying to select a photographer and so glad we went with Kpix. Photos turned out even better than imagined. We did our engagement photos and can't wait for him to shoot our wedding next year. Make sure you book with Keoni. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kalis · Married on 09/17/2017

Keoni was one of the first vendors that we picked for our destination wedding on Oahu in Sept 2017. Though there are a TON of options for photographers on the island and beyond, his style immediately caught our eye. It is fun and not stuffy, which is EXACTLY what we were going for.

My husband and I have ever only had professional photographs taken of us by a local friend who did our engagement pictures, so we were a little nervous about having someone that we never met take pictures for us. Ultimately, that was a silly thing to be worried about, as meeting him the first time was completely comfortable for both of us. It was like we were old friends. He was funny, kind, professional, and a true pleasure to be around. He also didn't complain about us making a last minute additions to our package (sorry for the back and forth, Keoni!).

The pictures speak for themselves. My parents are hard to please and after looking at them, my mom said, "so many of these shots are ones that I would expect to see on a movie poster!", which is basically the highest praise possible from her lol. I wouldn't change a single thing about choosing Keoni and would recommend him highly to anyone looking for a photographer on Oahu. He perfectly captured how our special day felt and we will forever be grateful to him. Keoni, holler at us if you are ever in Portland!! Mahalo nui loa!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Tiana · Married on 07/29/2017

We HIGHLY recommend Keoni & Kpix and are so happy we chose him to be our wedding photographer. We found Keoni on WeddingWire and were a little nervous to just pick someone from online (even with the great reviews). But we loved his work, the lighting, the natural and candid shots he did, and the sense of fun infused in all the photos on his website. So we took the leap.

My (new) husband is super nervous in front of cameras. So I asked Keoni if we could meet ahead of time to just chat. Within a few minutes my husband was laughing and at ease, and I knew we were going to have a great wedding day.

On the day of, Keoni and his second shooter, Ray, were punctual and ready to work, with cameras slung from both shoulders. My bridesmaids were teasing him the whole time. We always run on Hawaiian time but he was good natured about it and kept an eye on the clock (for our sake) and on the chance to take candid shots. He moved through the big group shots really efficiently (not easy with my family!) and on to the bridal party and then couple shots. We got in some sunset shots, too, on the beach, and some fun ones in the waves. (Totally worth it!)

We also rented a photo booth through him, and it was a hit. There's actually a photographer who mans the booth, which was a plus. I put our guest book next to the booth and had people glue in one copy of the picture (the booth gives two hardcopies) next to their note. It's made the guest book an extra special memento.

Everything about Kpix was superb, and the pricing is some of the best we found after LOTS of research. Plus, Keoni has a lot of experience doing fashion shoots, photo journalism, etc, and his skills in these other areas really showed because he got shots I don't know if other wedding photographers would have noticed or framed in quite the same way.

BOOK KPIX!!!! We couldn't be happier, and know you will be, too!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Stephen · Married on 04/07/2017

Keoni was very patient and flexible in the early stages of our wedding planning. He was timely and kept in close contact before, during, and after our wedding. Keoni was very professional and tactful with his photography. I would definitely recommend him for your wedding. The photos came out looking fantastic and he was able to get them to us in a timely manner, not to mention his very affordable rates! Thanks again Keoni!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Lilia · Married on 12/10/2016

Keoni is an AMAZING photographer and he really knows how to capture that one shot. I really wanted photos that weren't "posed" and Keoni knew how to capture that. My husband is terrible at taking pictures (think Chandler and Monica) but Keoni still caught so many great shots, he's a genius. We also used Keoni's photobooth and it was a huge hit at our wedding. When I emailed Keoni asking for a couple photos to do our thank you cards, he sent 24 great options to us and did it within 4 days of us getting married!!! If you're looking for a photographer that's personable, friendly, reasonably priced, funny and EXTREMELY TALENTED, well then Keoni is your guy.

Sent on 12/19/2016

rayna · Married on 12/10/2016

Keoni is so easy and fun to work with. My husband and I really aren't great at having our photos taken, he especially hates it and feels awkward, I just don't think I am very photogenic. But our photos looked amazing and we didn't feel awkward at all, it was a lot of fun. There was even a slideshow with music. I am so happy we decided to go with Kpix. I would highly recommend Keoni to anyone. We received our online photos in less than a month, which is pretty good considering it was around the holidays.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Kathy · Married on 11/21/2016

This review is long overdue but I have to say that Keoni is a wonderful photographer and extremely easy and flexible person to work with. We took our be-lated engagement photos during our honeymoon in Hawaii and personally selected Keoni (we were travelling from NYC). I loved the work on his website, really appreciated our conversational exchanges via email and telephone and everything leading up to the photo shoot was easy breezy. Keoni also provided us more photos than what was expected which was a wonderful surprise!

I would hands down recommend Keoni and only wish he could have done our wedding shoot as well. :)

Sent on 05/07/2017

Jenny · Married on 10/01/2016

If you want a photographer who has a knack for putting people at ease, rolls with the punches and comes through with amazingly beautiful pictures that capture all the genuine emotion of your big day, Keoni is your guy! My husband and I live in Seattle and were married at the Olympic Sculpture Park in October and Keoni flew out to shoot our wedding. Keoni was on time, friendly, responsive, etc. but those are things that I would expect from any photographer or vendor in general. What sets Keoni apart is that in addition to that, he brings so much more to his role as photographer.

First, I am not someone who is really comfortable in front of the camera. Keoni never makes you feel forced or too posed. He has a talent for capturing the quick natural moments between people. Second, the weather on our wedding day was crazy. There was cloud cover, then an hour or two of beautiful sunshine and then pouring rain. He was constantly alert to where we should be to make the most of each situation. Lastly, he has the rare gift of being easy-going and relaxed without ever missing a detail. That's a rare combination and it really shows in his photography. We are truly grateful to Keoni for capturing our wedding day (it's true what they say, the day goes by in a heartbeat)!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2016

We LOVED working with Keoni! We planned a destination wedding, and without meeting in person, he made us feel so comfortable. He truly understood what we wanted--photos of people having fun. He truly captured everyone's personalities, and got amazing candid photos as well as beautiful posed pictures featuring Hawaii. We LOVED Keoni, and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a Hawaii based photog!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Jenifer · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding at Cafe Julia at the YWCA. Keoni was extremely hard working and professional, and most importantly for me, kind, patient and FUN! He was also very adaptable, which is helpful on the Big Day, as things don't always turn out as planned or on time. He took us to a few spots he had scouted previously for our first look and pictures with the wedding party. We felt very comfortable and I think that was reflected in our pictures; they turned out beautifully and really captured everyone's personalities. He understood the style that we were going for, created a vision, and was able to turn it into reality so quickly. Cannot thank him enough!

Sent on 05/24/2016

hoku · Married on 11/02/2015

We were looking for photographers in Hawaii for a long time but so many of the photos looked the same until we found Keoni (kpix photography). We instantly fell in love with his photos and how different and creative they looked. When we got to talk to him over skype, we knew that we had to book him. He was so easy to talk to and helped us with problems that we probably wouldn't even had thought of until it was to late. We got our pictures after 4 weeks and they photos really captured our day in way that we didn't think possible. We recommended him to our friends who are getting married and they booked him for a engagement session and they look absolutely stunning too! A++

Sent on 12/15/2015

Christine · Married on 05/14/2015

There are so many wedding photographers out there, but I'm happy I chose Keoni from kpix photography. Not only did he make me feel comfortable in front of the camera, he made my husband come out of his shell and made it fun for him as well! Keoni has a great sense of humor and personality, which made it a fun day for everyone. He's also been doing photography for quite a while and because of that, I trusted him more with this important day. Price-wise he was a good value for the quality and variety of photos I received. I definitely will be using Keoni in the future for any of my photography needs and recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Kristy · Married on 04/30/2015

My husband and I decided to get married on short notice this past April and we needed to find a photographer pretty quickly. We found Keoni on yelp and because of his rave reviews and his portfolio we decided to book him, he did not disappoint! He was very accommodating, especially considering we contacted him a couple weeks prior to our wedding. Our pictures were beyond stunning and he was such a joy to work with! The pictures were more than we could have asked for, if you're ever in need of a photographer in Oahu Keoni is your guy!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Alia · Married on 02/21/2015

I had a small chapel wedding with no bridal party and a small reception at a Japanese tea house. I booked Keoni alone, just a couple weeks prior, for four hours. He was efficient, affordable, friendly and professional. I was clear upfront that we wanted photos of PEOPLE. Facial expressions, moments, etc, and he sure delivered! He captured so many precious shots of our guests, parents, children, many beautiful memories I would never have gotten to see for myself.. and all the key parts of the ceremony were captured in real time without being obtrusive or distracting at all. The turn around was fast with great communication throughout, and delivered with an elegant personal touch. I highly recommend Keoni and don't doubt you will be any less than thrilled with the quality, deference to your requests, good taste, artful presentation and overall great experience of working with this fine gentleman.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Sherryl · Married on 04/11/2014

Keoni did amazing job from the moment we contacted him to the moment he delivered the photos. When we first saw his photos, we knew right away that he was different from all the photographers and knew he could give us crazy amazing photos. To be honest I was a little surprised at how affordable he was because most of the other photographers we looked at cost a bit more. He was so laid back and it seemed like he was one of our friends.

On our wedding day he was prompt and helped us get everything we needed to get done even when everything became chaotic especially between my mom and our large wedding party. My dad even apologized at one point to Keoni but in the end I think Keoni handled everything just perfect. You can tell that he has alot experience to these events and GOD BLESS him for that!

I can't rave enough about him or the GORGEOUS photos that he gave us but I am really thankful that I found him.

Sherryl G

Sent on 11/23/2014

Brittany · Married on 12/29/2011

Keoni did amazing work with our wedding photos!! We could not be happier with the result; the photos really captured the event and all the emotions. We felt like many of the photos were magazine quality. He was great at capturing candid moments, quirky/fun poses, and details. During the event he was very easy to work with - he worked efficiently and was self sufficient.

In addition, Keoni was very prompt with getting our photos back to us. We have hundreds of great photos, and the editing on the photos was superb as well. We liked the various filters he chose. Our biggest problem is choosing which photos are the best, because there are so many great ones. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/13/2012