Kpix photography Reviews

41 | Pearl City, HI

41 Reviews for Kpix photography

Kristina A. · Getting married on 12/18/2021

great engagement shoot

We decided to work with Keoni for our engagement photos. He is very professional, easy going, and knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of a camera. He guided us during the shoot and helped us with our poses (We were clueless! lol). We were very nervous, but he made it lots of fun!

Initially, we were not sure where to do the photo shoot but we told him what look we were going for, and he was quick to offer suggestions, ideas, and pros/cons of possible locations.

When we arrived, he was already waiting for us (he is very prompt). He came prepared with different cameras set up and even a drone!

The photos came out amazing! His eye for portraits and getting the most out of the landscapes/background is incredible. His style of photography/editing is lovely! It doesn't appear too over-processed/exposed and the colors/lighting look very beautiful! Very flattering for our engagement shoot.

Shooting with him was a great experience and we can't wait to have him at our wedding.

Sent on 06/08/2021

Diane H. · Married on 10/04/2020

Fantastic photographer!

So grateful for Keoni!! He did a fantastic job at our wedding during this crazy pandemic!!! We are both so thankful for his hard work and willingness to work with us!! The photos came out so beautifully! He captured our wedding completely, couldn’t have asked for more!!! We are so grateful for his flexibility and willingness to accommodate our schedule. Thank you for making our day memorable and perfect!!!

Blessings,
    Diane

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Erin and Ben

Erin A. · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing engagement shoot!

We really enjoyed our engagement shoot with Keoni. The location he helped us choose was perfect. We're not big photo-takers, but Keoni did a great job at guiding us through different poses in a way that was fun and relaxed. We're so happy with the resulting photos. They're a great mix of intimate and epic shots, with bold colors and fantastic lighting. Looking forward to having Keoni shoot our wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • John

John L. · Married on 09/21/2020

Best choice!!

Amazing pictures and so easy to work with! I hate taking pictures and our engagement shoot was so fun. I could not wait to get our pictures back and was not disappointed at all. Keoni seriously takes GORGEOUS pictures, even the ones I didn't like myself in were beautiful. When looking for a photographer I fell in love with his lighting and could not be happier with my own pictures.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Tracie

Tracie B. · Married on 09/17/2020

My husband hates everyone. And he likes kpix

My husband hates just about everyone (except me and his mama). He was mad that I went ahead and found a friend of my sister while we were on vacation in Hawaii. Our original plan was to have my little sister take our pictures so he would be a little more relaxed because he hates pictures. So after some coaxing and some wine he came around and we met Keoni at “cockroach cove” (I really couldn’t have made this less appealing)

Well we get there and Keoni does his thing and behold, my husband is having FUN. He LIKES it. Ironically, another couple came out and was having their engagement photos taken as well... well, the photographer was literally placing them how he wanted them and it was awkward and weird. My husband turned to me and was like “thank god we got Keoni”. Truthfully thank GOD I went with him because we would have regretted anything else

Once the photos came through we were SO happy with them. They literally couldn’t have been better. We felt like movie stars!! We promptly hired Keoni to do our wedding. We wouldn’t have anyone else.

Sent on 04/24/2020

Shinai · Married on 08/06/2020

Engagement Session

Keoni is an excellent photographer with an even greater personality! He captures moments with such vibrance and warmth of life and love and was just what we’ve been looking for! Modern yet classy, clean, bright, fun, and romantic! I noticed he was based mostly in Hawaii but Seattle too, which was so ideal -- since our wedding is in Seattle, and I was already visiting my husband in Hawaii! I messaged him crossing my fingers that he would be able to capture both our engagement session and wedding, and he was very timely, flexible, and so helpful! Setting up and signing the contract w him was concise and convenient.
    Our engagement shoot was comfortable and fun, and the photos look so natural. We had so much fun chasing the sunlight with Keoni! It was a great preface to having Keoni photograph our wedding ceremony later this year! I highly recommend Kpix photography!!

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 02/23/2020

Amazing and talented photographer!

My husband and I loved working with Keoni for our wedding photos. He listened to everything we asked for and took amazing photos with the most beautiful backdrops. He was a pleasure to work with and made us feel very comfortable, which was a plus because my husband and I are usually not the best with taking photos. Keoni was very professional, punctual, and gave the most reasonable rate for top notch photos. We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Van

Van · Married on 01/08/2020

Engagement shoot

Keoni was so great to work with. He was flexible when we were just flying in town to check out the venue and decided to do an engagement shoot. High quality photos and amazing shots. Made us feel very comfortable and he's so easy-going. We were worried about the weather, but he was very flexible in changing to another day if it was rainy or cloudy too. Would recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2019

Blissful Elopement

Yes, Yes, Yes! Keoni is amazing. I am not the typical bride, I had no idea what I wanted or where, other than Hawaii. We did not have a typical wedding. I just wanted to be married to the love of my life. We did a very intimate elopement ceremony at Monoa Falls (Keoni's suggestion) and he helped capture every moment in the most perfect way. He is very kind, responsive, and helpful. I am a bit of a scatter brain, but he never left me feeling unsure. I told him the look we were going for and he made it happen. We wanted to run away and get married and he helped capture the fun and romance of the day for us to remember always. Definitely book with him, your pictures will be better than you imagine!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Leina H. · Married on 08/18/2019

Wedding and day after wedding pictures

I cannot express enough what a package deal it is to work with Keoni!!

Not only is he an exceptional photographer with an eye for capturing the moment and creating a once-in-a-lifetime beautiful picture from someplace that from a normal eye would just bypass as a ordinary surrounding. They say that a picture is worth 1000 words, well that is exactly what his pictures conveys. Thanks to his pictures we can revisit the emotions, feelings and time slip back to that moment which is otherwise lost in our busy day to day life.

Last but perhaps the most important aspect of our experience, Keoni is very easy to work with and my husband best captures this with his quote,“ I would love to catch a drink and hang out with him outside of this photo shoot.”

We hope to ask Keoni for his services again in the very near future! Thank you again Keoni!!!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Jannisa · Married on 07/06/2019

Keoni is the best!

Definitely recommend hiring Keoni. Keoni is super chill but definitely has a lot of talent! He was so easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable during the shoots.

During the wedding day he was able to work around our videographers (as they were not so "chill"). We had a one bedroom suite to get ready but with 1 bride, 4 bridesmaids, 2 kids, MUA, Hair girl, 3 videographers, and 2 photographers you can imagine it got a little tight. He was able to work around everyone and everything that was going on. During the reception they were so out of the way that it seemed like they weren't even there, which makes me so excited to see all the candid photos that he captured.

Our engagement pictures came out perfect and can't wait to see our Wedding photos.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa C. · Married on 11/28/2018

Easy and perfect

We were looking for wedding photographers in hawaii and we stumbled across keoni's site and thought his photos were not only beautiful but he was actually pretty affordable compared to others. We are not a photogenic couple at all and in fact we hated taking photos but with keoni, he made it very simple and easy to work with. We received the photos quickly and we were sooo happy to share them with friends and family!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Carter A. · Married on 09/29/2018

Great pictures, great guy

We saw the amazing nature-y backdrops and candids that they did, so we decided to use KPIX for our wedding. Great choice. Keoni was awesome to work with, and the pictures turned out amazing. He did great using his artistic judgment when we didn't feel like making decisions about what or where to shoot, and was completely accommodating when we had requests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Camille · Married on 02/08/2018

We loved working with Keoni and his crew! He was so easy to get along with and he made it less awkward being in front of the camera for me. He took our engagement and wedding photos. They honestly were like family at the wedding. So funny and awesome. I can’t even say enough about them! He was able to work with us on our destination wedding. We love love love the pictures! We feel like he was able to capture who we were and what we wanted. We were speechless when we saw them. Can’t wait to so them off! Don’t hesitate to call Keoni!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jill · Married on 11/11/2017

Keoni is truly an artist and it was great to watch him in action. He is able to see the beauty in nature and more importantly the light that will translate beautifully in photographs. He offers the best value with his packages and is responsive to emails.

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I came across Keoni's portfolio as one of the wedding photographer recommendations from our coordinator. Both my husband and I loved the style of his photos. We quickly booked Keoni for our norhtshore beach wedding last October. The process of booking was all done online professionally and efficiently. On the day of our wedding, Keoni and his assistant showed up on time at our wedding. He was friendly and very easy to get along with. I felt very comfortable, and so did my husband, who can get very awkward taking photos, esp with strangers. It felt like Keoni and his assistant were just our friends taking photos during the wedding. It rained on our wedding day, Keoni and his assistant were out in the rain doing their jobs. They were very professional and fun to be around.

The photos turned out amazing. We are so in love with our wedding photos and got nothing but compliments from all our families and friends. They were truly beautiful and caught all the moments of our special day. We highly recommend Keoni and guarantee you will not regret choosing him as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Candice · Married on 10/27/2017

We hired Keoni Kitagawa for both our engagement and wedding photography. All of our photos turned out better than I imagined! Keoni is very easy to work with and made both experiences comfortable and fun for everyone. He is creative and considers the outcome of the photo, taking into consideration the scenery and lighting, before snapping it. He was open to our and our guest's suggestions and requests, and we never felt rushed. I definitely recommend his services and will hire him again in the future!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Lasha · Married on 10/15/2017

Keoni is the best Photographer on the island. He is so professional and his pictures literally take your breath away. He has a way of capturing the beauty of the couple and landscape at the same time. He’s so mindful of what YOU want. Some photographer get too artsy and it ends of being you paying them to be their muse but not with Keoni. He makes it his personal business to not only give you why you asked for but go beyond and give you those money shots as well. I would book him for every picture I ever need to take in life lol he’s that god!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Keoni is the best photographer in Hawaii!! He's very personable, makes you feel comfortable and we shared lots of laughs. I spent ages trying to select a photographer and so glad we went with Kpix. Photos turned out even better than imagined. We did our engagement photos and can't wait for him to shoot our wedding next year. Make sure you book with Keoni. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kalis · Married on 09/17/2017

Keoni was one of the first vendors that we picked for our destination wedding on Oahu in Sept 2017. Though there are a TON of options for photographers on the island and beyond, his style immediately caught our eye. It is fun and not stuffy, which is EXACTLY what we were going for.

My husband and I have ever only had professional photographs taken of us by a local friend who did our engagement pictures, so we were a little nervous about having someone that we never met take pictures for us. Ultimately, that was a silly thing to be worried about, as meeting him the first time was completely comfortable for both of us. It was like we were old friends. He was funny, kind, professional, and a true pleasure to be around. He also didn't complain about us making a last minute additions to our package (sorry for the back and forth, Keoni!).

The pictures speak for themselves. My parents are hard to please and after looking at them, my mom said, "so many of these shots are ones that I would expect to see on a movie poster!", which is basically the highest praise possible from her lol. I wouldn't change a single thing about choosing Keoni and would recommend him highly to anyone looking for a photographer on Oahu. He perfectly captured how our special day felt and we will forever be grateful to him. Keoni, holler at us if you are ever in Portland!! Mahalo nui loa!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Tiana · Married on 07/29/2017

We HIGHLY recommend Keoni & Kpix and are so happy we chose him to be our wedding photographer. We found Keoni on WeddingWire and were a little nervous to just pick someone from online (even with the great reviews). But we loved his work, the lighting, the natural and candid shots he did, and the sense of fun infused in all the photos on his website. So we took the leap.

My (new) husband is super nervous in front of cameras. So I asked Keoni if we could meet ahead of time to just chat. Within a few minutes my husband was laughing and at ease, and I knew we were going to have a great wedding day.

On the day of, Keoni and his second shooter, Ray, were punctual and ready to work, with cameras slung from both shoulders. My bridesmaids were teasing him the whole time. We always run on Hawaiian time but he was good natured about it and kept an eye on the clock (for our sake) and on the chance to take candid shots. He moved through the big group shots really efficiently (not easy with my family!) and on to the bridal party and then couple shots. We got in some sunset shots, too, on the beach, and some fun ones in the waves. (Totally worth it!)

We also rented a photo booth through him, and it was a hit. There's actually a photographer who mans the booth, which was a plus. I put our guest book next to the booth and had people glue in one copy of the picture (the booth gives two hardcopies) next to their note. It's made the guest book an extra special memento.

Everything about Kpix was superb, and the pricing is some of the best we found after LOTS of research. Plus, Keoni has a lot of experience doing fashion shoots, photo journalism, etc, and his skills in these other areas really showed because he got shots I don't know if other wedding photographers would have noticed or framed in quite the same way.

BOOK KPIX!!!! We couldn't be happier, and know you will be, too!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Stephen · Married on 04/07/2017

Keoni was very patient and flexible in the early stages of our wedding planning. He was timely and kept in close contact before, during, and after our wedding. Keoni was very professional and tactful with his photography. I would definitely recommend him for your wedding. The photos came out looking fantastic and he was able to get them to us in a timely manner, not to mention his very affordable rates! Thanks again Keoni!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Lilia · Married on 12/10/2016

Keoni is an AMAZING photographer and he really knows how to capture that one shot. I really wanted photos that weren't "posed" and Keoni knew how to capture that. My husband is terrible at taking pictures (think Chandler and Monica) but Keoni still caught so many great shots, he's a genius. We also used Keoni's photobooth and it was a huge hit at our wedding. When I emailed Keoni asking for a couple photos to do our thank you cards, he sent 24 great options to us and did it within 4 days of us getting married!!! If you're looking for a photographer that's personable, friendly, reasonably priced, funny and EXTREMELY TALENTED, well then Keoni is your guy.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Rayna · Married on 12/10/2016

Keoni is so easy and fun to work with. My husband and I really aren't great at having our photos taken, he especially hates it and feels awkward, I just don't think I am very photogenic. But our photos looked amazing and we didn't feel awkward at all, it was a lot of fun. There was even a slideshow with music. I am so happy we decided to go with Kpix. I would highly recommend Keoni to anyone. We received our online photos in less than a month, which is pretty good considering it was around the holidays.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Kathy · Married on 11/21/2016

This review is long overdue but I have to say that Keoni is a wonderful photographer and extremely easy and flexible person to work with. We took our be-lated engagement photos during our honeymoon in Hawaii and personally selected Keoni (we were travelling from NYC). I loved the work on his website, really appreciated our conversational exchanges via email and telephone and everything leading up to the photo shoot was easy breezy. Keoni also provided us more photos than what was expected which was a wonderful surprise!

I would hands down recommend Keoni and only wish he could have done our wedding shoot as well. :)

Sent on 05/07/2017