Kotecki's Grandview Grove Reviews

Kotecki's Grandview Grove 7
  • Jenn

Jennifer · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Upcoming Kotecki’s 2019 Wedding

Kotecki’s has been amazing in regards to planning our upcoming wedding. They have been responsive to messages and are willing to work with the ideas we have for our wedding. We are looking forward to having our wedding there this October!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 06/15/2019

Kotecki's is the best reception venue in Buffalo!!!

So many things led us to choose Kotecki's as are reception venue. We wanted to book over 3 years in advance and Kate and John were one of the few places that weren't freaked out by that. Kate and John were also the most relatable out of all of the reception venue coordinators. The venue in general does need very much to make it look amazing and elegant. They also have a wonderful and kind staff, we still aren't sure who it was, but someone made sure to put horderves at the head table for my husband and I to eat.

I can't say enough about how amazing Kotecki's was, they were also super quick to respond, and made sure everything went great!

If all of those things weren't enough, they food they serve is some of the best food myself and my guests have ever had. My neighbor who is 100% Italian, said the Italian Wedding soup that was served was the best she ever had!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 05/25/2019

wedding 5/25/19

After struggling to find our perfect venue we found Kotecki's. John and Kate were amazing! From the beginning they were nothing but nice and accommodating! We originally booked our wedding in September of 2019 but about a year into our planning we found out that my husband was being deployed and that we needed to change our date. when I contacted John he was super understanding and let me switch my date with ease! Any time I had a question they would answer me right away! When it came down to the day of the wedding everything went smoothly! Kate even stayed back and bustled by dress for me! I am so happy we chose them,! They made our wedding magical and the best day of my life! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Brittney · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding day

I had the best time of my life!
    The hall is beautiful and I couldn’t ask for anything better service was perfect

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing venue!

John & Kate were the BEST to work with! After not being happy with my original venue I was able to switch everything over to Kotecki's with no issues! They let me come in and set up a couple days before the wedding which was so awesome! I am so glad I went with them, everyone raved over the venue, food, drinks and the music! Honestly, nothing went wrong! John even made us a plate of the hand passed hors d'oeuvres so we were able to enjoy them while greeting people. The pork wontons were sooooo good!! All the staff were beyond professional and took care of all our needs. I have not heard one complaint! 10/10 - I will definitely recommend Kotecki's to everyone!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Emily Kohler · Married on 10/20/2018

Our perfect wedding day!

We could not have asked for a more perfect day thanks to Kate and John at Kotecki’s. Leading up to our wedding, they were extremely prompt in answering emails, calls, and even texts and they were always patient with my many questions. They also provided helpful information on ideas that made our day run smoother especially because we had approximately 280 guests making things a little hectic. We had planned for our ceremony to be at the venue outside and when it rained and hailed our whole wedding day, John and Kate were able to set up a beautiful indoor ceremony just a few hours before we got married and it was perfect! The food and late night snacks were absolutely delicious and all of our guests raved about it. The bartenders were so fun and great with our guests and all of the staff at Kotecki’s is professional and prompt. We also used DJ Johnny K who we booked through Kotecki’s and he was great and catered to all of our requests. Kotecki’s is also very accommodating if you want to bring in your own items so we were able to decorate exactly how we wanted and we were able to make our own homemade desserts to bring in. Prior to the wedding we were a little concerned that there was another wedding in the other ballroom but you would have never known they were catering to anybody else but us. Kate and John checked in with us several times throughout the night to make sure the night went smoothly and exactly how we wanted. I would recommend Kotecki’s to anybody who wants to have an amazing wedding day! We can’t thank Kate and John enough for making our wedding all that we dreamed of!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sarah Burns · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect venue for the best day ever!

From the moment I met Kate and John I felt so comfortable around them and I knew they would help to make my wedding vision come to life. They were receptive to all our ideas, always responded in a timely manner, and gave very helpful advice every step of the way. The food was incredible, our DJ kept everyone dancing the entire night, it was everything we hoped for and more. I would highly recommend Kotecki’s Grandview Grove.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

If you are looking to get married in the Buffalo area, THIS is where your wedding NEEDS to be! To start, they recently had renovations done so the venue is immaculate. The garden/gazebo area is beautifully landscaped and is the perfect backdrop for any ceremony. If you take a short walk down the property you can also get some really great pictures by the creek which we took advantage of. And the food - SO GOOD! We got a ton of compliments on how good the food was. There is no cooking the food and letting it sit in a hot box at this venue - it is going from the pan/grill to the table. Even my mother-in-law who is a picky eater was raving about the food which is HUGE! Beyond that, the people who you will work with are what really makes the place special. John is awesome! He responds quickly, is very knowledgeable and an all around good person. He puts in some serious work and late nights to make each event perfect and it shows :) There there is Kate - I LOVED working with her. She's been doing this for a while and knows exactly what works and looks the best. She's worked with most vendors in the area so her recommendations are 100% honest and helpful. She's not afraid to tell you the truth and that's something that I don't think you can put a price tag on! She went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect in every way. We were able to relax and enjoy every minute of our day because of the confidence that we had in John and Kate!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

I couldn’t be any more happy about having our wedding at Kotecki’s Grandview Grove. Everything from day 1 of booking thru our wedding day was a dream come true thanks to Kate, John and their staff. The food was out of this world and I still get compliments on not only our dinner but our appetizers and service from our big day. Kate and John made sure everything we wanted was fulfilled and I have to say they went above and beyond what we expected. Not only is this venue absolutely stunning, inside and out but they have the food, drinks, expertise, and staff to meet every need for a wedding venue. Booking with them was one of the best decisions I made with wedding planning and I didn’t worry about a thing after doing so. I HIGHLY recommend Kotecki’s Grandview Grove for your wedding venue!! 5+ stars!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/17/2017

I couldn't have imagined our wedding anywhere else but Kotecki's. The venue is gorgeous, Kate and John were wonderful to work with, so accommodating and the food and waitstaff were phenomenal.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kristine Shumway · Married on 09/16/2017

Kate and John did an amazing job with helping to plan my dream wedding.
    Everything was gorgeous, the food was delicious and I could not have been happier!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Laura · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing all around. The night was phenomenal. Kate and John were responsive to our needs and made sure everything ran smoothly. The food was DELICIOUS. We are still getting guests telling us how wonderful the food was!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Angela · Married on 06/30/2017

Kate and John were fantastic to work with! They had every concer, any wish, any and everything handled! They were extremely organized and kind. The ceremony and reception worked out perfectly. The food was fantastic and the reception was beautiful. Their recommendation for a decorator was great as was their DJ. I couldn't imagine a more perfect day. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

To the staff at Kotecki's: you are truly the BEST in the business & Brett and I could not have picked a better venue! Especially to Kate and John who made this process so flawless! From the minute we signed the contract I knew we would not be disappointed and every last detail was truly perfect. When we walked into our venue the day of our wedding I had to take a step back to look at every last detail as I was blown away on the beauty. The food was the best we have had at a wedding and our guests would agree! We loved the personalized video with our pics in the entrance and the personal bridal lounge. Our cocktail hour on the patio was also amazing as the weather turned out perfect. I also want to add in house DJ was so great, Book with Kotecki's and you will sure have the wedding of your dreams!! Thank you again!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2017

Kate did such an amazing job with my wedding! Our seven month process of wedding planning was a breeze with her professionalism, availability, and understanding. Throughout the whole day she was checking in constantly, I never felt like I would have had to wait to have an issue resolved. John was also great to work with along the way. He stepped in several times to make sure everything was going smoothly (from my niece accidentally spilling her drink, to a broken cake topper of my late grandmothers). The Kotecki's staff was awesome, as well. I had the pleasure of meeting a few of them towards the end of the night, and I could tell it was such a great family feel to the business. I had the most perfect wedding day, I know i made the right choice with my venue!

Sent on 06/05/2017

What is there not to say about Kate and John? First of all, they are very experienced and personal. They made my special day even more than what I ever could have dreamed of. They were helpful through every step of the way. I was panicking about rain and they help find a solution and made my rainy wedding day beautiful. I love you guys! Everything was perfect! I'm still getting compliments on how awesome my wedding was. All thanks to you guys !

Sent on 05/18/2017

Kotecki's Grandview Grove's reply:

Jen, this review sincerely makes us smile. Thank you for your review and we are certainly glad that we could help make your dream wedding day come true! We told you that we would take care of everything! (A little bit of rain was certainly NOT going to stand in our way!) We wish you and Bryan the absolute best and of course, a happily ever after!

-John & Kate

Lisa · Married on 11/19/2016

Unbelievably amazed by the care and kindness from Kotecki's. My husband and I were married in November and it was the most beautiful time. Kotecki's really did an amazing job and surprised me by how helpful they were unlike other places we had looked. Kate and John were able to make ALL of my special requests happen! Our families are still raving about what a great time they had and how amazing the food was! They took the time and effort to make the day "our perfect day"! We are so happy we chose them and would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Kotecki's Grandview Grove's reply:

Lisa, thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Kevin and we're glad we were able to execute everything you wanted! Kate and I sincerely wish you and Kevin a happily ever after and make sure you guys keep in touch in the future.

-John & Kate

Anne · Married on 10/15/2016

I have been meaning to write a review for so long! I had the best experience with Kate and John at Koteckis. We knew from the moment we stepped in there that we wanted our wedding there.

I loved how everything was recently redone and looked amazing. The food was really good, and many people have told me that it was the best filet mignon they have had. I liked that the DJ was provided by them (with a charge) so that was one less thing to worry about. The bridal suite and private bathroom really came in handy as well.

I dropped off all my decorations with instructions on the Thursday before and the way everything was set up when I walked in on my wedding day was even better than I could have decorated myself! The fireplace was beautiful and everyone loved the photo slideshow and menu when you walked in, it was a nice extra touch.

The best part was that I was very adamant about being there for cocktail hour to chat with my guests and enjoy appetizers and I ended up being a little late and needing to use the bridal suite/bathroom so I missed them. I mentioned this to Kate and she had her dad make me a special plate of bacon wrapped scallops to enjoy at the head table! This was above and beyond and I really appreciated it. Kate came and found me on the dance floor later to check in with me before she left for the evening to see if there was anything else I needed. The bartenders and servers were all super friendly and remembered drink orders.

Overall, I loved my experience there and would recommend Koteckis to anyone planning a wedding if you want everything to be taken care of and all inclusive. You really can't go wrong :)

Sent on 09/29/2017

Cheryl · Married on 10/08/2016

We just had Kotecki's as our venue for my son's wedding and I cannot say enough in regards to the food and service that we received by Kate and Jon. It was beyond our expectations. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the rooms are newly remodeled and first class. Bar service, servers and management "on point"! I was overwhelmed by the compliments given as our guests left the reception. This is the place to have your wedding if you want attention to detail and most importantly food, something they have been noted for, for many years!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jillian · Married on 09/17/2016

If you are looking for venues in the Buffalo area and you have not looked at Kotecki's yet, do yourself a favor and go! First off, the site was recently totally renovated and it shows. You walk into this huge foyer with a breathtaking staircase and chandeliers--total wow first impression. Everything is clean, fresh, glamorous, and elegant (and that bridal lounge, come on! Such a nice touch).

The wedding coordinator is Kate, and fiance John helps her run the show. She is warm and welcoming and takes her time to make sure you understand every option that is available to you. It's a family business, and you are treated like such. She always gives you her honest opinion and sometimes a four year old peeks his head in your meetings, it's part of the charm. Everyone is beyond accommodating. Kate will answer any (even silly) questions kindly and promptly and John is the type of guy who will rush over to help if he sees your mom carrying a heavy box in. They are a business, but they never forget the business they are in--your special day.

The night ran so smoothly (or if it didn't, Kate didn't show it!). She periodically checks in with you to make sure you're OK and on such an overwhelming and crazy night, that little bit of reassurance means everything.

If all of this isn't enough to convince you to take a look at this place, then consider THE FOOD. Oh my gosh. There is a reason this place has been in business for so long. It is literally the best wedding food I've ever had. So many of my guests agreed. The passed appetizers were a hit, the late night snacks were so fun, and the dinner was just perfect--everything on that plate was good.

Five stars for this place!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Carl · Married on 09/10/2016

Think about how an optimal wedding layout should be. Open dance floors, intimate feel, warm colors, amazing service. I seriously have no regrets for booking my daughter's wedding here. I would book 10x again if I had to. Kate and John do an amazing job and the place is absolutely stunning with their renovation. Not to mention, the food was amazing. We received positive feedback from our guests ALL NIGHT LONG!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

AMAZING! Kate worked with us and from the moment we booked, she made us feel special, comfortable, and confident in our venue. She was always answering any questions we had and provided us with the most professional service we could have asked for. The packages available are perfect, they include everything you want, making everything so easy while wedding planning! The venue was gorgeous, the decor is perfect and it made our wedding photos beyond incredible! There's a ton of property behind the venue, a perfect place for photos as well. We felt like we were in the middle of the forest, right off Seneca St.
    I have not stopped receiving compliments from our guests on the incredible food - we had 250 people & serving that many people a delicious meal is a testament on how great their chief, Mike, and kitchen staff are. Had DJ Johnny who read our crowd perfectly and kept us dancing all night long.
    I highly recommend Kotecki's Grandview Grove, you will not regret it - especially when your guests are still complimenting everything almost a month later. I enjoyed my wedding day so so so much, partially because I wasn't worrying about details that Kotecki's took care of!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Julie · Married on 08/13/2016

Our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding reception was August 13, 2016 in the Natalie Room at Kotecki's. It was the BEST. As I told Kate later that night : BEYOND PERFECT! Throughout our whole planning process, from day one until wedding day, Kate & John have been gracious, helpful, fun to work with and knowledgeable. Kate was anticipating our every need all evening, yet was unobtrusive to our party. The food, staff, and venue were all amazing. We used the fixed bridal table not only as the sweetheart table, with bride & groom in the center, but as a centerpiece and focal point for the room: the large cupcake tier on one end, homemade cookies on the other end, interspersed with church floral arrangements, unity candle and pictures of the bride & groom. Because the table is raised, all had a perfect view of the couple and the cake cutting. The photographs we will have from the gorgeous lobby will be priceless. We had guests aged 15 to 92 and all had an enjoyable time. We ate, drank and danced all night! As one guest said, this was the best wedding she'd ever been to. Yes it was: BEYOND PERFECT! Thank you Kate, John and all Kotecki's staff!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Meghan · Married on 11/28/2015

We had our wedding reception at Koteckis and everything was absolutely amazing! Kate was the best, the food was delicious and the service was phenomenal! Thank you so much Kate and all of the Koteckis's staff! Their recommended DJ, DJ Johnny K, was also amazing! I would definitely recommend him as well!

Sent on 12/01/2015