Koru Ceremony Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Melissa
    Melissa C. Getting married on 10/05/2022

Very helpful for COVID-19 Couples!

We originally planned a big wedding for this November, but after the pandemic hit we postponed to next May and opted to do a small backyard wedding on August 1, 2020 since we still wanted to get married this year. Both me and my now husband and our families loved the ceremony and we loved working with Pat! She was very flexible and accommodating when we needed to postpone and I was so happy that she was still available for both of our new dates. We can't wait for Pat to do our vow renewal at our big wedding next year!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

It was delightful to work with you and Will. I look forward to celebrating with both of you again next spring! Wishing you all the best in the coming months before your next celebration.
    Amanda E. Getting married on 05/08/2022

Helpful, Detailed, and Caring

We had the joy of working with Pat Werk for our wedding, and we absolutely loved the process from start to finish. Pat is so personable and really takes the time to get to know you as a couple. We could really feel that she cared for us and our story. Pat does a wonderful job of providing a consultation process to walk you through the various parts of the ceremony and to talk through the abundance of options you have. We loved that she provided several examples and allowed us to choose what we felt was most important to us.

Another great thing about working with Pat is that she did a wonderful job at providing direction to our wedding party. She made sure to provide lots of advice on the little details such as directing bridesmaids on how to hold flowers and directing groomsmen on how to hold their hands. The little details can make a big difference and she sure knows how to watch for them.

Pat also takes away a lot of the stress of the marriage license and name changing process and she provides detailed handouts on how these work.

Overall, we only have great things to say about our time working with Pat and Koru Ceremonies. She emulated the perfect feeling that we wanted conveyed for our ceremony.
    Virginia W. Married on 11/16/2021

Wonderful Officiant

Pat was warm, kind and knowledgeable about every aspect of our ceremony and the marriage license. My husband and I eloped and Pat had crafted a beautiful ceremony for us during our initial Zoom meeting. We had a private ceremony, and Pat even helped me with the buttons on my wedding gown! We were so happy with everything Pat did for us!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Virginia and Chris, for your heartfelt review. I really enjoyed working with you, and it was an honor to be at your intimate elopement celebration. I particularly liked that you read a poem to each other during the wedding, and to end with dancing to Etta James’ song, “At Last,” was the perfect way to finish the ceremony. Wishing you all the best in the years to come.
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 10/29/2021

The best we could've imagined!

Pat was the best officiant we could've asked for. From the beginning, she was extremely detail oriented and truly wanted to get to know us and our story. She was so timely in scheduling meetings and sending us all of the information we needed. She made planning so easy and was the best coordinator during the rehearsal dinner and day of! We've received so many compliments from friends and family that attended the ceremony, noting how personal it was. They knew that it was curated exactly for us. We would recommend Pat to anyone looking for the best officiant for their special day!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

I adored working with Sam and Matt. They were such an incredible couple to work with. Their ceremony was very unique and memorable. It was touching to share their love story with their guests. But what made it memorable is that we had the ceremony on the rooftop, and every time we got to an important part in the ceremony a fire truck would go by with their sirens blaring and their horns tooting. It felt very celebratory for this fun-loving and really sweet couple.
    Megan Married on 10/23/2021

Highly recommend Koru's Services

They were absolutely perfect. Our officiant, Peter L, was amazing to work with. We wanted an intimate and unique to us ceremony and he more than delivered. Their packages and customization are so flexible and fairly priced. We even got several guest's compliments about our ceremony and officiant Peter afterwards. We cannot say enough positives about Koru or Peter!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan, for your glowing review about Peter. We are so delighted to hear the ceremony turned out perfect, and that you had a lot of compliments about Peter from our guests! I agree. He is a fantastic officiant.
  • Sam
    Sam M. Married on 10/09/2021

Amazing experience.

Keith and I were married on October 9th, 2021 after becoming engaged in June of 2019. Well we all know what happened between June 2019 and October 2021. We were blessed to have Pat from Koru Ceremony with us through it all. After our initial meeting with Pat, we immediately knew that she would be perfect for officiating our wedding. Pat was with us ready to officiate our original wedding date in 2020, and after we postponed a year out, she made sure she was available to officiate the new wedding date in 2021. Pat is warm and open, and she is incredibly professional. She answered all of our questions about the not-so-romantic logistical parts of the marriage (how to get the marriage license, etc) and also helped us create the most beautiful and personalized ceremony. For anyone like us who doesn't belong to a church and didn't want a friend or family member to officiate our wedding, Koru Ceremony is the perfect option. We couldn't recommend anyone more highly!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Sam and Keith, for your heartfelt review. I loved working with both of you. I particularly loved the beer toasting ritual we added. But most of all, I adored how present in the moment both of you were. Your warm, vivacious, fun-loving personalities came through and shone during the ceremony, and it swept your guests up in the emotions and joy of the ceremony. I do lots of ceremonies, and I want to tell you how unique your ceremony was, and that was because of the two of you!
  • Zach
    Zach P. Married on 10/08/2021

Perfect Ceremony

Rev. Pat was absolutely amazing. She delivered an incredible ceremony that didn't leave a dry eye in the room. I felt that Pat really made our story feel unique and special. Not to mention Pat provided tons of material to help us write our own vows, and customize our ceremony with plenty of options for every detail. She also gave our wedding party tips during rehearsal and talked about how she would be positioned to make sure the pictures turned out the best.

I don't think our wedding day would have been as special as it turned out being without Pat.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Zach and Ava for this heartfelt review. I loved working with both of you, and I agree, there wasn't a dry eye in the room by the end of the ceremony. Even I choked up during the benediction because I too was feeling all the emotions of such an awesome ceremony.
  • Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 10/08/2021

Pat Werk is the BEST!

We could not have imagined having anyone else marry us. Pat is extremely organized; she provided multiple documents, including, but not limited to, instructions on obtaining a marriage license, examples of muscle for the ceremony, romantic and religious readings, and a huge wedding planning document containing different options for all parts of the wedding ceremony. We were able to easily customize every part of our ceremony to make it unique to us as a couple. For our pre-wedding meetings, as well as on the big day, she arrived early and always had an enthusiastic and positive attitude during every in-person and virtual interaction. She is s a very polite person, who worked with us so graciously when our ceremony had to be changed because of the pandemic. We will definitely contact Pat again if we decide to do a vow renewal in the future
  • Scott
    Scott B. Married on 09/25/2021

We are very happy with our choice!!

Working with Pat and Koru Ceremonies has been a great experience. My wife and I just got married on 9/25/21 and we feel lucky to have had her as part of our big day. She brought a professional and calming presence that was certainly welcome. It is clear that Pat takes pride in what she does. If you are looking for someone to be in your corner on your wedding day I highly recommend giving her a chance.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Scott and Megan, for your extremely kind words. I'm so glad to hear you were happy with the ceremony and the service I provided. I care a great deal about the couples I work with and it was truly a joy to celebrate with you on your big day.
  • Aaron
    Aaron R. Married on 09/19/2021

Outstanding!

Pat was amazing. Her experience and organization & friendly personality made the ceremony so much more stress free and enjoyable then we ever could've hoped for. She was extremely flexible with our schedule and made sure to stay in touch with us throughout the planning process. Would definitely recommend her to anyone, no matter what type of wedding you want to plan!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Sanam and Aaron, for writing this really nice review for Koru. It was an honor and so much fun to work with you in planning your ceremony. To give you a sense of how much I enjoyed working with you, this is what I wrote about your wedding on social media.
    "What a fun couple. During their ceremony, they included their older son getting their one year down the aisle in a car walker (adorable), a Rumi wedding poem (heartfelt), breaking the glass (joyous), and recessing down the aisle to Marry Me by Bruno Mars while wearing sunglasses (upbeat and celebratory). Congratulations, wishing you continued happiness."
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 09/18/2021

Super great!

We really enjoyed working with Pat from the first time we met with her! She was warm, supportive, organized, and fun to talk with. She had super helpful handouts for everything we needed, and she was always on top of things. We loved our ceremony and had lots of compliments from our guests!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Monica! Your extremely kind words mean the world to me. I loved working with you and Marc, so I’m delighted to read how happy you were with the process and the ceremony. It was truly a perfect wedding day.
    Elizabeth D. Married on 09/06/2021

AMAZING During These Crazy Times

We loved working with Pat. She rescheduled with us 3 times at 2 different locations for our wedding during this crazy time. Her flexibility and patience was a God send.

She made creating the ceremony fun and personal for my husband and I, and all of our family agreed that our ceremony was phenomenal.

Thank you so much for everything Pat!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review. It was a joy to work with you and Alex. I'm so glad everything worked out and that you and your family enjoyed the ceremony. Wishing you all the best in the years ahead as husband and wife.
  • Gibson
    Gibson A. Married on 09/04/2021

Great Experience

Working with Pat and her company Koru Ceremony was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding. Pat has a great process that will produce the ceremony you have dreamt about. Pat did a good job helping us through the planning process for the ceremony. She was receptive to our ideas and tweaks that we wanted to make our ceremony unique. I would highly recommend Pat and her company to anyone needing her service. She truly helped make our day special.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Kassi and Gibson, for your wonderful review about the services Koru can provide couples. I am very grateful.
    Your wedding was one of the most unique ceremonies I officiated this year. Getting married in the woods where you grew up made it special. It was such a magical day that I wouldn’t have been surprised if fairies and elves had come skipping and dancing down the aisle. All the details, such as branding a tree during the ceremony, we added to the ceremony made it exceptional.
    Brandon H. Married on 08/08/2021

Amazingly helpful for last-minute ceremony!

Pat was amazing to work with especially on our extremely short notice. Finding an officiant on such a quick turnaround was a huge stress point for us, but she worked around our schedules to meet with us and discuss our wants and needs. We immediately knew we made the right choice after our first call. She offered us a variety of options to create a ceremony plan that still felt like our own but was easy enough to personalize on our busy schedules. We couldn't recommend her enough for helping you plan your special day. She made ours one we will remember forever!
    Ellie A. Married on 08/01/2021

She personalized our big day

We contacted Pat via her website, she replied to us very quickly, set up a video call with us to discuss our special day, and got to know us. Thanks to her, everything went smoothly and she created our perfect day the way that we envisioned it.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Ellie, it was a joy to work with you and Jeff. I agree; I thought the day was perfect. I'm so glad everything went smoothly, especially with the remote technical parts so your family and friends could celebrate with you from around the world. Wishing the two of you all the best in your new home.
    Caitlin K. Married on 07/31/2021

She made our backyard wedding so special

Pat officiated our wedding and we were so happy that we found her. It was a small, intimate wedding and she made sure everything was absolutely perfect. She spent a lot of time discussing the details with us and went above and beyond to make sure the ceremony was special for us. With Pat’s assistance and ideas, the ceremony turned out even better than I had imagined. Pat is kind, caring and very professional. I highly recommend Pat as a wedding officiant!!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Caitlin, for your wonderful review. I loved officiating Ryan and your wedding. It was a joy to work with you in creating the perfect intimate ceremony, and it was fun that you included your four dogs.
    Sonya M. Married on 07/30/2021

The Best Day Of Our Lives

Reverent Pat was one of the first vendors we talked to and we clicked right from the beginning, our first conversation was nearly two hours long. Pat is so very patient, calm, caring, detail oriented and full of ideas, planning our ceremony with her was very easy and an experience we will never forget.
    Our ceremony could not have been any better, Pat did an extraordinary job, we received so many compliments from our guests. We could not imagine anybody else marrying us. She will always have a special place in our hearts and we look forward to stay in touch with her in the years to come.
    Thank you Pat for making our special day the best day we could have ever imagined.
    Sonya and Klaus

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Your extremely kind words of praise are so very appreciated! It was wonderful to work with you and Klaus, and I am so happy that you felt the ceremony was exactly what you wanted. Both of you have a special place in my heart as well, and I wish you nothing but the best in the years to come as husband and wife.
    Dana K. Married on 06/26/2021

Pat helped make our day so special

Pat was honestly so wonderful to work with! We are so happy that we found her to officiate our special day, and she helped make the day special. She helped guide us through the process of planning our ceremony and made it so simple! She kept in touch with us regularly and answered any questions we had.

Our guests continue to make comments about how warm and comforting she was, and they loved how emotionally involved in the ceremony she was.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Dana and Dan, for writing such a glowing review for me. I loved the personal elements we included in the ceremony, such as taking turns saying each line of your vows and the Unity in Glass ritual. And I remember choking up at the end of the ceremony when I shared the benediction because the love in the room was so palpable. You were such a great couple to work with.
  • Victor
    Victor B. Married on 06/20/2021

Made a relaxing and custom experience come to life

Pat was a real pleasure to work with. A very sincere, genuine person who accommodated us in a custom experience. She is very responsive, outgoing and flexible to work with. You can tell she is passionate about what she does. Highly recommended!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Rick and Lily for your generous words of praise! You are correct, I am passionate about officiating weddings and the reason is that I love rituals and I get to work with wonderful couples like you. I'm so glad you were happy with how the ceremony turned out.
    Carly D. Married on 06/17/2021

Unforgettable

It was amazing having Pat officiate our wedding. I really had now clue where to even start with planning a ceremony, even the timing was confusing to me. Pat was so helpful, she had incredible resources that told me exactly what I needed to think about and gave me options, but that were also incredibly personalized. Our ceremony was anything but run-of-the-mill. Our procession order had a lot of moving parts and was a little complex, but Pat handled it with grace and was always so affirming, never making me feel like I was over complicating things. We wanted our friend to be involved in the ceremony, so Pat graciously invited him to present his own “charge to the couple” and even let him have the “you may now kiss your wife” line. I cried, my husband cried, we laughed, it was truly incredible. Pat was able to blend all of our hopes for our wedding so beautifully. It was truly unique and unforgettable and I can’t thank her enough.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Carly and Gage for writing such an awesome review. When I think back about the weddings I officiated this wedding season, yours was one of my all-time favorites. I adored working with you and the unique ceremony we created for your wedding.
  • Logan
    Logan Married on 06/12/2021

Personalized Ceremony

Koru and Peter, our officiant, were absolutely amazing. They helped to create a personalized ceremony, provided resources to help with marriage license and name change, and were so respectful and flexible. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Peter Leidy and the ceremony he helped you create. We are tickled pink that you found the experience of working with Peter and Koru so positive.
  • Wendy
    Wendy S. Married on 06/12/2021

A real joy to work with!

Pat was a real joy to work with! She did wonderful in adapting our secular ceremony to include traditional Chinese elements. Her excitement about these details encouraged us through the challenges of planning a wedding during a pandemic. She provided an abundance of sample texts and worksheets that helped us personalize the ceremony but we never felt like we had to write the whole thing. My wedding party including us were so impressed by her leadership and calming presence during the rehearsal even though we had to move to a different location than the ceremony due to rain. She thought of the small details and everyone felt fully prepared for the big day! We could have pulled it off without her and couldn't recommend her more.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Alex and Wendy! I loved working with you and helping you create such a unique ceremony that was truly a reflection of your relationship.
    It meant a lot that you specifically chose June 12 because it is Loving Day, and you wanted to acknowledge this historic event, 54 years ago, when the US Supreme Court struck down any laws forbidding interracial couples from getting married.
    I also adored the Tea Ceremony we included in the ceremony. It was extraordinary, and I was super impressed by Alex's Chinese.
    Wishing you an abundance of happiness in the years to come.
    John Married on 05/22/2021

We loved working with Pat

We chose Pat at Koru Ceremony to officiate our wedding. Pat was friendly, fun to talk to, and easy to work with. She kept a consistent line of communication throughout the ceremony planning process. We were thrilled that we could customize the ceremony as much as we did, making sure that it matched our personalities and highlighted the important parts of our relationship. Pat was so kind and helpful, and even after the wedding she made sure we knew all of our next steps to get licenses and change names. We would recommend Pat to anyone needing an officiant for a wedding ceremony.

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, John and Elizabeth, for your wonderful review! You were a fun and laid-back couple and it was a complete delight to work with both of you. I am delighted to hear you were thrilled with the customized ceremony we created together and that you felt it matched your personalities and highlighted the important parts of your relationship. Those comments mean the world to me!
  • Meghan
    Meghan W. Married on 05/08/2021

We are so lucky we found them!

Rev. Pat was fantastic leading up to our wedding. She was personable, timely, and efficient. She worked with us to create the ceremony we were after- something that still had some traditional elements, but ultimately felt like "us." I had complete confidence in her going into my wedding, but she really went above and beyond the day of. She coordinated with the DJ to get the mic set up, spoke to our harpist, and talked to the bridal party and parents to make sure everyone knew what was going on (all things I meant to do before getting caught up in first look photos!). She was quick to adjust when things didn't go exactly as planned. My MOH even commented on how on top of it our officiant was and how her sense of humor was great! The ceremony itself was everything we could have wished for and more. We are so lucky to have found Koru Ceremony!

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much, Meghan and Brock, for your heartfelt words of praise. I appreciate it and truly enjoyed working with both of you. I loved your personal vows and the handfasting ritual we added to your ceremony. All the personal elements created some wonderful memorable moments.