Koru Ceremony Reviews

198 | Deerfield, WI

198 Reviews for Koru Ceremony

• Melissa

Melissa Crum · Getting married on 10/05/2022

Very helpful for COVID-19 Couples!

We originally planned a big wedding for this November, but after the pandemic hit we postponed to next May and opted to do a small backyard wedding on August 1, 2020 since we still wanted to get married this year. Both me and my now husband and our families loved the ceremony and we loved working with Pat! She was very flexible and accommodating when we needed to postpone and I was so happy that she was still available for both of our new dates. We can't wait for Pat to do our vow renewal at our big wedding next year!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Koru Ceremony's reply:

It was delightful to work with you and Will. I look forward to celebrating with both of you again next spring! Wishing you all the best in the coming months before your next celebration.

Elizabeth Demma · Getting married on 09/06/2021

AMAZING During These Crazy Times

We loved working with Pat. She rescheduled with us 3 times at 2 different locations for our wedding during this crazy time. Her flexibility and patience was a God send.

She made creating the ceremony fun and personal for my husband and I, and all of our family agreed that our ceremony was phenomenal.

Thank you so much for everything Pat!

Sent on 07/11/2020

Koru Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review. It was a joy to work with you and Alex. I'm so glad everything worked out and that you and your family enjoyed the ceremony. Wishing you all the best in the years ahead as husband and wife.
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin Erdmann · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Highly Recommend!!

Pat was truly wonderful to work with! Throughout the process, we were able to meet with her face to face to discuss exactly what we wanted our ceremony to look like. She was also very responsive to email communication. Pat was very organized, which made putting our ceremony script together very easy. She facilitated the rehearsal and made sure to check in with our wedding party to answer any questions they made have had and to ensure they were where they needed to be. Pat's attention to detail made us feel confident that our ceremony would be perfect. We would highly recommend Pat to anyone who is looking for an officiant!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Tyler Hofmann · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful Experience

Amy Gile officiated our wedding on 9/28/19 and did such an amazing job. She met with us twice to help put together our ceremony and get to know us better. She made everything so easy and delivered a truly one of a kind ceremony that was very heartfelt. She also accommodated our unique unity ceremony - the blending of two whiskeys! I would highly recommend Amy to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Erin

Erin Toogood · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Beautiful personalized ceremony

Pat did an amazing job crafting the most beautiful ceremony for us! She was able to create a ceremony for us that put into words how special this day was. We received so many compliments from our guests on how thoughtful the ceremony was.

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Caelin

Caelin Niehoff · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Intimate and Personalized Ceremony for Our COVID Elopement!

We had less than 30 days until our elopement when we met Sarah at Koru Ceremonies. Sarah and the Koru team worked quickly with us to arrange and plan an intimate and personalized ceremony. Because of the COVID pandemic, we had to downsize and replan our special day. Sarah helped us navigate the challenges of a small ceremony and made the experience more intimate and heartfelt than we ever imagined.

The ten individuals present were able to participate in a small ritual, read from scripture and feel a part of our vows to one another. After the ceremony, our guests said it was the most special wedding they had attended (and it certainly wasn't their first!)

Sarah was flexible, responsive, and insightful when it came to rehearsing and orchestrating the ceremony. She knew all the tips and tricks to help everything go as planned. She was also patient with my husband as I as we worked to set up a tripod to have his parents and sister join via video conference. Throughout the entire process she provided a calm, confident and professional attitude.

We would recommend Sarah and Koru to anyone, especially couples still looking to have a ceremony in the middle of a health crisis. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 06/30/2020

Katie Blaska · Married on 08/08/2020

Supportive and Special

When we first met Pat we knew right away that she was the person we wanted to marry us. We could tell that she really wanted our day to be special and unique to us, and was going to be there to support us during the planning stages.
    The pandemic introduced a whole new level of stress, unknowns, and an extra level of chaos into wedding planning. Pat remained calm, supportive, and flexible through our months of unknown.
    The day of our wedding, Pat delivered a beautiful ceremony. Our families commented a few times about how it was like Pat knew us and what a remarkable job she did.
    We will also be using Pat in our vow renewal/post covid ceremony/celebration.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Sue Wanta · Married on 05/26/2020

More perfect than I could have imagined

We were delighted to have Pat as our officiant for a non-traditional, non-religious, socially distanced pandemic wedding and I cannot recommend her highly enough!

We were VERY specific about what we wanted, while simultaneously needing a lot of guidance. Pat provided that guidance in a wonderfully patient way and was very understanding of how much control I took of the ceremony text and planning.

We met in person a couple times before the pandemic but after that every meeting was done remotely via zoom and by email. She was exceptionally punctuatual about responding when I made changes or had questions.

When the day came, Pat allowed us to be without masks while she and our witnesses wore them, and we maintained social distancing. She was a delightfully elegant, venerable officiant and spoke beautifully. It was truly a more perfect day than I had even imagined and I am so glad we met Pat to walk through it with us!

Sent on 07/01/2020

Megan Twohig · Married on 04/25/2020

The best of the best

I wish I could give this rating ten stars! We were so lucky to find Reverend Pat on “The Knot”. We met with her once, and knew immediately that we wanted her to marry us.

We spent the better half of a year planning and critiquing our ceremony with the help and guidance of Reverend Pat. Her wide array of ceremony suggestions, readings, vows and styles were phenomenal! She created a very personal and customized ceremony for us, and it was beautiful!

Unfortunately, COVID19 struck a month before our planned date, and we had to backtrack and replan everything.

Pat was SO quick to help. She immediately gave us different “civil ceremony” options, as well as offered a shortened/revised version of our original ceremony (which we decided to do).

Our readjusted wedding day was more perfect than I could have imagined! As Pat read our shorter customized ceremony, there was not a dry eye to be seen. Our vows will be remember forever.

Pat connected with my husband and myself immediately. Her kindness and devotion to bring two people together shines through at all times.

We can’t thank you enough Pat! You are truly wonderful 😊

Anyone looking for an officiant....look no further. Reverend Pat will make your day beautiful and intimate. You’ll remember it for the rest of your lives.

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Dougherty · Married on 10/26/2019

BEST Wedding Planning Decision

Pat is the LITERAL BEST! I could not have had a better experience working with Pat as the officiant for our wedding. She sat down with my now husband and I on two separate occasions to get to know us and to plan out our wedding ceremony. We did the customized ceremony and it was one of the best wedding planning choices that we made. We had numerous wedding attendees tell us that it was the BEST WEDDING CEREMONY THEY HAD BEEN TO IN YEARS, and even moved some guests to tears with how beautiful it was... seriously! Pat helped us nail down every detail of the ceremony and provided numerous options to really make it our own. She also will remind you when you need to get stuff done so you don't get behind :).Pat is also very responsive to e-mails, which is so appreciated when you're planning your wedding along with a busy lifestyle. Additionally, Pat had great suggestions on rehearsal day, and I appreciated her direct approach to make things run efficiently for rehearsal and then seamless on wedding day. Pat was worth every penny and then some! I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone tying the knot and she was truly a HIGHLIGHT of our wedding day. Thanks, Pat! :)

Sent on 11/04/2019

c bye · Married on 10/19/2019

Efficient and thoughtful

We loved working with Koru Ceremony for our wedding officiant. Rev. Sarah Harrison was very responsive, and thoughtful. She provided great suggestions for navigating tricky family dynamics, and delivered a memorable, customized ceremony. She had a friendly demeanor with our guests and was super helpful, steady hand in guiding the day of the wedding. I'd highly recommend working with Koru Ceremony.

Sent on 11/02/2019

David G · Married on 09/22/2019

One of a kind wedding

Pat met with us several times to make sure that our ceremony reflected our values. She went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing. She wrote individualized sections for the ceremony that made our day feel truly special.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Katie · Married on 09/14/2019

Pat is amazing

I found Pat Werk through reviews like these, let me tell ya, she's amazing! My fiance and I were so incredibly nervous to find the right officiant for us (my family is Catholic, his is more agnostic) to make the ceremony meaningful for everyone. And she was the best decision we could've made. We had so many compliments on how personalized it felt, and she made it so easy for us. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Charlotte Smith · Married on 09/01/2019

Organized and flexible

It was an amazing experience working with Pat for my wedding. She is very organized and provides all the information you need to help make those important decisions for the big day. She's very flexible and made everything stress free.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Katie R · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent, personable service

Koru Ceremony & Sarah Harrison were excellent to work with from start to finish. Choosing Koru was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding ceremony. The planning proces was organized and personable, which led to an incredibly personable and perfect ceremony for us. We received so many compliments from our family and friends on how wonderful our ceremony was , and perfect for us!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Khloe Pierce · Married on 08/24/2019

Easy, Comfortable, & Special

We had a wonderful experience with Sarah and Koru Ceremony. The process was very easy and Sarah made us feel comfortable through the entire experience. My husband and I were very busy with both moving and planning our wedding so Sarah worked with us and agreed to meet us on FaceTime instead of ever having to meet in person before the wedding. Sarah was patient and understanding. We felt positive vibes from her right from the start. After we hired Koru and mailed a check we received an email filled with different options for our ceremony and we were able to customize it as we saw fit. The paperwork was relatively easy to fill out and it was very detailed. When we weren’t able to get it to Sarah in time for her to draw up a rough draft prior to the last meeting, Sarah allowed us to simply go over it on the phone and didn’t become frustrated with us at all. She offered helpful insights and suggestions and was super easy to work with. Sarah was open to all of our ideas and did not push any views on us. The day of the ceremony I was super busy and Sarah was so understanding. She made us feel comfortable and at ease and the ceremony went perfectly even without a rehearsal. After the wedding she immediately mailed our marriage certificate for the license and even sent us pictures of her doing so. She also sent us an email with directives to get the license and change my name. We definitely recommend Sarah and will use her in the future if ever needed.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/24/2019

Amy is the best!

Due to us being 1 hour apart I had met with Amy via the phone! She was great and super flexible! Once I got to meet her she was even more amazing! Amy made sure everyone was in place and knew their part!!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Samantha Bradley · Married on 08/03/2019

Dream come true

Pat Werk made my wedding dreams come true. I had never been to a nonreligious wedding before and was doubtful that I would be able to have a ceremony that fit our relationship. Pat came to us with so many ideas to personalize every line of our ceremony. We wanted to include our daughter by presenting her a necklace and Pat fit it in perfectly. I never felt unheard or like a burden when communicating with Pat before and during our wedding. I am so thankful to her and she will always hold a special place in our wedding memories.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Dorothy Szymanski · Married on 08/02/2019

Rev. Amy Gile is the absolute best! Professional, and warm! She did an amazing job!

We didn't know what to expect when searching for a wedding officiant. Not only was Rev. Amy Gile from Koru professional, and easy to work with, but we felt like she was actually part of our family/group. Her choices of different scripts to use were outstanding. She helped us to put the best ceremony together, based on our personalities, and love for each other. We also had several guests comment how well spoken, and warm her tone was. I would highly recommend Rev. Amy to anyone wanting the perfect ceremony done by a wonderful person.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Mary

Mary H · Married on 07/13/2019

Koru Ceremony will guide you through more than just your wedding ceremony

Working with Pat Werk for our wedding day was incredible. She was a constant source of guidance for our wedding and went above and beyond what I expected from an officiant. Pat gave us a large packet of decision points for the wedding ceremony that was tremendously helpful and allowed us to make a custom ceremony that was perfect for our wedding day. Pat also gave us guidance on how to get a marriage license and even how to navigate name changes (if you're into that). Pat really whipped everyone into shape during the rehearsal, which made the wedding ceremony run super smoothly on the actual day.

I think working with Pat from Koru Ceremony was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding planning. I didn't realize initially how valuable it would be to work with an experienced officiant, and Pat blew away all of my expectations.

Pat is also very quick to respond to emails, which we found to be very comforting while planning our wedding.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Amanda Bush · Married on 06/22/2019

Rev. Sarah was absolutely amazing!

I worked with Rev. Sarah at Koru Ceremony. She could not have put together a more perfect ceremony for us! We live out of state so most of our interaction was via email leading up the wedding, but she was always available and responded to questions or concerns right away. We met once before the ceremony and immediately felt so comfortable. She made sure the ceremony was personalized to us and delivered it better than I could have ever hoped for. She has a warm, laid back personality and I could not recommend her or Koru Ceremony enough! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Mike

Mike Davis · Married on 06/22/2019

Pat was wonderful!

Pat is extremely professional, receptive to the desires of the couple, and friendly. We felt that she went above and beyond in terms of what we expected out of an officiant, and really made us feel confident in her abilities on the wedding day. She was all around excellent.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Becky

Becky Callan · Married on 06/15/2019

Pat is perfect!

Pat is THE BEST EVER! She is clearly an expert at what she does. My (now) husband(!) and I were so impressed that she still made us feel so special and the process so personal - even though she has worked with so many couples.

Pat was so flexible and attentive throughout the whole planning process. We had two in-person meetings and she coached us through choosing different parts of our ceremony (even adding items that were "off menu"). She also provided such valuable information for obtaining our marriage license and for all the logistics after the wedding as well.

Neither my husband nor I are religious, and there were still so many options for us to personalize our ceremony to us as a couple. My husband is also French - and Pat had so many ideas for how we could make our English ceremony accessible to everyone in attendance. Literally everyone we spoke to at our reception told us how brilliant they thought the ceremony was and how perfect it was for us as a couple.

If I had to choose one word to sum up our experience with Pat and Koru Ceremony: PERFECT. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and a more perfect way to celebrate our love. Thank you, Pat, for everything! If you're still looking for an officiant, look no further!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Aislinn · Married on 06/15/2019

Rev. Sarah Harrison is an excellent choice of wedding officiant!

Rev. Sarah with Koru was absolutely wonderful to work with! We were comfortable with Sarah from the first conversation we had with her throughout the entire planning process. Koru makes planning your entire ceremony easy from start to finish. Sarah worked great with us to make sure that our wedding ceremony was personal and really spoke to our relationship. During our wedding ceremony we even had a reading where we incorporated 10 of our closest friends and it did not even phase Sarah to help us plan and coordinate it during the rehearsal so the transition was effortless! Sarah was warm and personable was also professional the entire time. Thank you Koru and Sarah for giving us the perfect wedding ceremony!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/01/2019

Look no further for your wedding officiant!

We loved creating a ceremony that was personal to us and we received so many compliments from our guests about our wedding ceremony. Pat made the planning and day of stress free. She takes into account every last detail. Pat, we cannot thank you enough for such a beautiful wedding ceremony!

Sent on 06/11/2019