Knox Jewelers Reviews

25 | Minneapolis, MN

25 Reviews for Knox Jewelers

• Christine

Christine & Derek Taylor · Married on 08/16/2019

Designing an ring for the ages

Talk about a high level of service. When buying a wedding ring for your future bride, you don't want to go to a big box store and pick out something that you might see on the finger of another bride. Knox can guarantee this. Normally that would be intimidating; personalizing a ring but Brent and his team make this process as painless as they can. They help you design, develop, and brainstorm any and all ideas as they work to get your rough sketches of all the designs you could ever think of. Once you get past the designing stage they couldn't be more helpful picking out the perfect stone that will last you generations. No pressure to buy a certain stone at a certain time. They want you to know exactly what you are getting and why you are getting it. I can not recommend Brent and his team at Knox to enough people but don't take my word for it. Stop in and their level of service will show it.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 10/07/2017

We have nothing but the best to say about Knox. We worked with Katie at the Woodbury store and she was amazing. We had been to other stores and after getting so close to what we wanted we eventually decided that going custom was the way to. Katie was so patient with us tossing idea after idea at her and she always found a way to create it. I was beyond impressed. We will be recommending Knox to everyone. Such an amazing experience.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Joelle · Married on 09/09/2017

I was nervous when my fiance told me he helped design my ring himself (before I saw it) because we have a different idea of what "pretty" rings are... but when I saw my ring I fell absolutely in love. He told me about the whole process, how they would send him updates and pictures of the status of the ring and he said working with them was a breeze. I have a beautiful ring I love to show off! We live on the west coast, so every communication was over the phone and email, and it came out just perfect!

Sent on 01/12/2017
  • Ostrichka

Michelle · Married on 02/13/2016

My fiance proposed without a ring so we could pick one out together. The process was extremely easy, from the moment we walked in the door. Lindsay in the Uptown location walked us through the 4Cs, helped us select the perfect diamond that fit our budgetbut represented the quality and sparkle we were looking for, and was great about explaining their design and purchasing process. I wanted a elegant, dainty solitaire ring, and we were able to add some profile detail by combining elements from a couple of their existing solitaire designs to make it truly unique. We loved learning about the ring-making process through the photo updates that were sent as the ring was being made. And I could not be more impressed with the craftsmanship and quality of the final result! I will definitely be returning to Knox for my wedding band in a few months.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Knox Jewelers created the perfect customized engagement ring and wedding bands for my husband & I. We were happy to support a small, local business in Minneapolis and are incredibly pleased with the rings.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Right from the start, Knox Jewelers was so wonderful to work with. I know my husband had a great time working with Lindsay on designing my custom engagement ring. It's so beautiful! The quality of work is amazing and I get so many compliments on the detail. The band I went with is stunning. It definitely holds its own by itself. I LOVED receiving the email updates on the production of my ring. Knowing how much time and effort went into my rings is why I love and support small businesses. The art of jewelry making is fascinating and I'm so glad we went with Knox. I'll hopefully be back for more! I recommend anyone looking for the finest quality of jewelry to go to Knox; you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/21/2015

My ring was so unique. I felt like everyone had the same ring and knew that at Knox it would be one-of-a-kind. The staff was always helpful too. LOVE my ring.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Melinda · Married on 12/13/2014

Knox Jewelers helped my husband create a beautiful custom-made engagement ring and wedding band that were exactly what I wanted! He was able to work with Rebecca Spain at their Woodbury location to create an engagement ring that was more than I have ever dreamed off. When it was time to get wedding bands we knew we had to go back to Knox's. Their service there made me feel like I was special. They always made me feel like I was the number one priority. A special thing that Knox does is take photos at every step of your rings production. That made for something very special my husband and I could share with each other and our family. It is amazing saying that I can watch my ring being created. Know Jewelers is the only place to go in my opinion if you want a high quality custom ring.

Sent on 01/09/2015

My fiancé worked with Brent at Knox to custom design my engagement ring with me having absolutely no idea. After we got engaged during a trip to Ireland, Brent contacted us to have us come in and tell him our engagement story and clean my ring. My ring is perfect, so sparkly, so unique, and conflict free- which I love!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Laura · Married on 06/13/2014

Knox Jewelers helped my husband create a beautiful custom-made engagement ring and wedding band that were exactly what I wanted! He discovered their website after he couldn't find an emerald cut diamond engagement ring in any local stores. All of their correspondence was via email and telephone, since he lives about five hundred miles from the Knox stores. The employees were very knowledgeable and helpful. Overall, we've had a great experience with Knox Jewelers!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Angela · Married on 02/17/2014

The sales team are very friendly. They taught us how to look at diamonds for clarity and quality, and then patiently waited for us to review the options.
    They had a fantastic selection of unique, custom-designed bands, and a healthy selection of stones.
    We must have spent 2 hours just looking at rings, and then one of the diamonds shot out of the tweezers while I was looking at it - the sales team remained calm and patient.
    I can't say enough about how fantastic they were!

Sent on 09/15/2013
  • RLS

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2012

Great place to shop for an engagement ring. They have all their styles online, so that is a great place to start, and actually where I fell in love with my ring. I went around to all other jewelery stores in town to see if there was anything similar, but I had to go back to the first one. Very helpful staff, comfortable, family run store. We have been back to get it resized once, and that was no hassle at all. They are also open to custom design, so it can be one of a kind. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Jenna · Married on 05/26/2012

When discussing the possibility of engagement, we quickly realized we were on different pages for ring shopping. I talked about wanting an antique ring and was totally turned off by traditional jewelers with cheesy commercials. My very responsible, smart now husband, however, was not comfortable making an investment from some antique dealer. He wanted a jeweler with a reputation that we could go back to if something would ever happen with the ring. After visiting Knox, we knew we had found the perfect jeweler for both of us. Their rings are gorgeous and unlike any other rings I've seen. I loved that the store is family owned and the employees are there to provide information and not to push a sale. Visiting other jewelers, we felt very pressured. At Knox, we had fun, chatted with the employee and felt respected. My husband also appreciated the quality and commitment Knox provides its costumers. When my husband was selecting the diamond, Brent went searching for a diamond that matched his criteria (including budget) and even found us a Canadian diamond. Knox's customization was phenomenal when it was time for us to create the wedding band. I was able to specify exactly what I wanted and was amazed to see the precision in the band's matching hand engraving. I now look forward to going back to Knox every six months to get my rings cleaned! I strongly recommend Knox!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2012
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 02/25/2012

From what my husband has said Knox was really easy to work with. I LOVE my ring and everyone tells me it's different than anything they've ever seen. It's classic but unique, and I'm so thankful my husband chose this company.

Sent on 03/16/2012

Jenn · Married on 10/23/2010

Knox Jewelers not only has a great selection of rings, but they always remember you when you come in! Their rings are as unique and as wonderful as their customer service!

Sent on 12/10/2010

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2009

There work is beyond amazing! My husband and I lived close to Minneapolis when we got engaged and were amazed with my engagement ring. When we moved to Nashville and needed to buy wedding bands we called Brian up and did our order over the phone with him and shipped my engagement ring to them so they could make my wedding band and engagement ring a perfect fit. They have exceptional work and I would HIGHLY suggest going to their store if you live in the Minneapolis area or shopping online.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2009

Knox was and is wonderful to work with! Although my ring is very simple it feels unique and one of a kind. It's beautiful and well worth the money.

Sent on 06/29/2009

Christine · Married on 08/01/2008

Amazing custom work. They made exactly what I wanted. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/20/2008

Robert · Married on 11/11/2012

Purchasing my wife's engagement ring through Knox Jewelers was a wonderful experience. The rings at Knox are outstanding and unique. My wife found exactly the ring she had been envisioning here, and Knox freely offered customized options and advise based off of what she found. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and followed-up quickly with questions and changes throughout the process. They went out of their way to make buying an engagement ring quick and easy. They also went to great lengths to find exactly the diamond I was looking for; I also value the above and beyond standards they have in choosing diamond vendors that are ethical, including certified Canadian mines, which is where they found mine. I'm so happy with my experience here.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Knox made a custom wedding band for me to fit with my antique platinum engagement ring. Knox has amazing professionalism and responsiveness. The woman we worked with, Kristin, always knew my name and what I was coming for as soon as I walked in the door. She made us feel like very wanted and appreciated customers. They worked with us over about a month to come up with the perfect design for my ring, then were able to modify it slightly when the caste of it came out to make it perfect.

As a small, family owned business, Knox can be more expensive than other jewelers, but their quality of product and service make it worth it for me. My wedding band is breathtaking, and I absolutely could not have asked for a better experience with a jeweler. We will be coming back!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Karin · Married on 06/25/2011

My husband selected Knox Jewelry as the jeweler for my engagement ring. They helped him select a gorgeous diamond and consulted with him on styles that fit our lifestyle, price, and personality. They did a nice job since people I have never met before have stopped me to compliment me on the ring. They are not the lowest cost shop in town but are reasonable for the value and quality.

Sent on 07/23/2011

3.5

My boyfriend and I looked around at a number of local jewelers when we decided to get engaged, and were surprised at how little variety there was between most stores. I love vintage jewelry, and my favorite rings that I'd seen online were all Edwardian/Art Deco style designs because I love the metalwork. However, we definitely preferred to buy a new ring with an antique design, versus trying to find a vintage piece that was in good condition.

Knox was the only jewelry store in the area that really seemed to listen to what we wanted, over trying to upsell us with items they already had. They have a gorgeous collection of antique-style rings, and customized a design for us that was a mashup of two previous custom pieces with a new geometric engraving that I preferred and different stones. Since the engraving and filigree work was more important to me than the stones, they helped by giving us the choice of a white sapphire instead of a diamond for the center stone in order to keep the cost low without expressing any judgment about that choice. And I love it! That shouldn't be so shocking, but a few of the other stores we visited spent a lot of time talking about the size of diamond I was worth (while I was there!) in a really sexist and creepy way, or trying to persuade me that I really would like a more modern design. Knox was pure professionalism.

What's more, Kristin - the employee we worked with - was super responsive about trying to incorporate ideas along the way. She kept us updated regularly. Once we'd signed off on the design and wax mockup, Knox sends you photo updates of the ring in production. It was so fun to see this symbol we had created designed along the way. And they actually finished it way ahead of deadline.

Sent on 03/17/2015

jonathan · Married on 10/08/2011

Awesome! I asked them to take one of their standard ring designs and customize it. They did a fantastic job. They were also honest and helpful when picking out a center stone. He actually steered me away from a more expensive stone because a different one looked better with the ring. Level of service was great! We brought the ring in several times before the wedding to have it cleaned. We got both our groom's ring and bride's ring there and are very happy.

Sent on 11/16/2011

rebecca · Married on 03/18/2009

Knox has amazing rings in stock every time I drop by.My husband and I wanted matching rings so it would be easier to choose.We did find a set that was very inexpensive and had a good guarantee.

Sent on 10/18/2009
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/22/2011

unique and won't be disapointed

Sent on 08/03/2011