Knodel's Bakery Reviews

10 Reviews for Knodel's Bakery

10 Knodel's Bakery Reviews
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 12/13/2014

I had such a beautiful cake that my family brought to my bridal shower! I will highly recommend you to anyone! Thank you!

d · Married on 07/13/2013

always the best wedding cake in st. Louis (and we've tried a lot) exceptional value and service, family run, extraordinary flavors. everyone loved it... thanks for the personalized service

Christine · Married on 06/15/2013

My cake from Knodels Bakery was more than I could have EVER imagined!!!! I was stunned when I saw it for the first time!! SO extremely happy with the outcome!!!!! The taste was delicious as well!! Thank you SO SO much Knodels Bakery for once again going above and beyond for my family!!! This is the third generation of wedding cakes from Knodels, My oma, My mother and now both my sister and I as well!!! Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

We are glad to see you are pleased. We are actually the 5th generation of Knodels bakers.. Lets keep the tradition going. Do you have pics of all cakes? We would love to add these to our website send them to chris@knodelsbakery.com

Leah · Married on 05/15/2010

The staff was friendly. The cake tasted excellent and was beautiful and was VERY reasonably priced.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review!! Knodelsbakery.com

Melissa · Married on 03/08/2008

The people working there were extremely prompt and professional. The cake was delivered at the specified time as promised, and looked amazing. It was under what we had budgeted for a cake, and the quality was great. I had so many compliments on the cake and the way it tasted. My wedding date wasn't ever set in stone since my husband is in the military and had just gotten back from a deployment, and they were more than willing to work with me.

Sent on 04/27/2008

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your thumbs up! Our customers is what has kept us going since 1901. Please check out our site: Knodelsbakery.com

Rebekah · Married on 12/30/2005

While the actual cost of the cake is unknown, as it was included in our reception cost per person, the cake was yummy! They totally worked with what we wanted, and I loved my cake design. We had SO much leftover, which was great too.

Sent on 12/27/2007

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Please visit our website Knodelsbakery.com

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2006

4.2
      3.5

Excellent tasting cake, lots of choices in icing, cake flavors, filling flavors, designs. Very mom and pop shop feel.

Sent on 11/18/2007

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

We are glad you enjoyed our cakes! Please visit out website for more! Knodelsbakery.com

barbara · Married on 08/07/2015

2.5

the actual cake and the photo of the cake that i wanted were not the same, my cake looked thrown together quickly and very sloppy, although it tasted very good and was super moist i was not satisfied with how it looked. a lot of my guest didnt even eat any cake because they said it didnt look like it was good. i would recommend this vendor not for a wedding which should be perfect or close to perfect but for like maybe a kids party

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2009

2.6
      3.0

It was very very difficult working with the bakery when odering. I finally comprimised on what I wanted because I was getting so frustrated with the rep I was speaking with. The cake was delicious, but it looked like a 4 year old had crayoned all over it. Fortunately, our fab catering rep decorated it with flowers to hide the bad design. In addition, they WAY underestimated how much cake we would need. The groom and I didnt get any besides the bites we cut out. The cost was ridiculous. It all turned out great, but I would not recommend this company to other couples.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

Amanda, I wanted to reach out to you and apologize for the mishap on your wedding cake. I know it was a while a go but we want to make it right for you. We would love to get your trust bake in our bakery and have you refer our business, Please let us know if there is anything we can do to re-insure you that we are the best bakery in st. louis.

Scottie · Married on 12/29/2007

2.6
      3.0

I don't know what happened but the cake I ordered was not the cake I received on my wedding day. We ordered a cake with cascading roses with Christmas lights intertwined. When I got the to reception to cut the cake it was just white and off set. Definitely not the cake I wanted and definitely not the cake I wante in my wedding pictures. They did give us a minor credit but I would have rather had the cake I ordered. Besides the lack of design, the cake tasted really good.

Sent on 01/17/2008

Knodel's Bakery's reply:

Scottie, I wanted to reach out to you and apologize for the mishap on your wedding cake. I know it was a while a go but We want to make it right for you. If you need any other service please consider our bakery and we will show you why we are the best bakery in St. Louis.