Kloeckner Preferred Flowers Reviews

18 | Chicago, IL

18 Reviews for Kloeckner Preferred Flowers

18 Kloeckner Preferred Flowers Reviews

cara · Married on 09/23/2017

Beautiful bouquets, boutonnaiers, mother's armwrist flowers and prompt delivery service. Thanks so much for everything and making my day the best.

Lauren · Married on 03/17/2017

Absolutely beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! Everything was on time and flawless! Recommend!

We recently had Mark from Kloeckner do the flowers for our wedding and we could not be happier with how everything turned out! We met very early in the wedding planning process and he helped us brainstorm ideas, steered us in right directions when we had questions, helped us think of things we were not thinking of (matching the style of the bridal bouquet to the wedding dress, etc.), but never once was he overpowering-- he let us think things out and made sure it was the vision we wanted. When we met closer to the time of the wedding to see our trial, he was extremely flexible when our vision had changed slightly and absolutely nailed the final look we were going for. He went out of his way to give us advice on color schemes of linens, chairs, etc. and lighting, etc. He has worked a lot of venues, including ours, Cafe Brauer, so that familiarity with the venue itself and the colors and lighting, etc. came in very handy. The bridal bouquet was exactly how we discussed, and the bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces were everything and more than we could have dreamed of! We got so many compliments, and I loved the flowers so much that I made my bridesmaids bring every single keepable centerpiece back to my apartment that night! He was very reasonably priced compared to everyone on our preferred vendors list. He was also just extremely nice and never negative when the bride was being indecisive/inarticulate :)

We had our daughters' wedding at Cafe Brauer in Chicago. Many of the vendors on their list were extremely expensive. We wanted beautiful flowers and Chuppah, but thought these vendors were very high priced. We found Kloeckners' great reviews, received a way more reasonable quote from Mark Weber (owner), and He absolutely delivered!! The chuppah was beautiful as were the high/low table arrangements, etc. He was a delight to work with.

My husband & I were married at River Roast this past Labor Day weekend. We selected Kloeckner after meeting with Mark because we were so impressed with his level of experience, familiarity with our venue, wonderful demeanor & the value of the flowers & services he was offering. Kloeckner did not disappoint. I felt assured that they would set up & deliver the flowers without issue and both the flowers and their services exceeded my (high) expectations. The flowers were all delivered promptly & to the appropriate locations & were absolutely beautiful. Our ceremony & reception spaces were completely transformed & just breathtaking. I had 3 different types of centerpieces & I am not sure which was my favorite. They also offered complimentary flowers for the cake, the powder room & rose petals for the ceremony aisle, which again just shows the high level of their service. Mark & Pam were a pleasure to work with & were flexible on price and willing to offer suggestions that helped us stay within budget. I would recommend Kloeckner in a heartbeat. They are very knowledgeable & their work is amazing & all for a reasonable price. Call them now.

My flowers were EXACTLY my vision and EVERYTHING I could have imagined and better!!! The meetings at Kloeckner were concise and fun. I LOVED working with Mark Weber and his assistant Pam. Both incredibly professional and accommodating. Not pushy and went with my ideas. The flowers were delivered the morning of the wedding to where I was getting ready and I was shocked by their beauty. It was exactly how I wanted it! The reception hall was beautifully decorated to my vision as well from top to bottom - with gorgeous votive candles everywhere adding an extra special touch.

This is a family business that has been running for a very long time. Mark Weber loves what he does and it shows in his work... also the prices can't be beat!

Thank you!!!

Patricia · Married on 05/25/2013

I truly loved the flowers for our wedding. Mark made sure I would get the perfect purple bouquet that I wanted and the dyed blue roses for the bridesmaids were beautiful. Everything was setup on time which really helped everything run smoothly.

• Justin

Justin · Married on 09/03/2011

Mark and Pam did an amazing job on my wedding. The flowers were reasonably prices, and absolutely beautiful!!! We got so many compliments. They exceeded our expectations on every category and I would recommend them highly.

Casey · Married on 08/06/2011

I worked with Rob at Kloekner and loved it! He has a great eye and is extremely talented. To top it off, he's so easy to work with! Mock-ups of centerpieces are included, which is so amazing, and he let us take ours to the reception ballroom to look at them in the room with the tablecloths, etc. I got his name from a friend who used him and her flowers were fantastic too! I highly recommend them, even if the shop isn't convenient... it's worth the drive.

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2011

I loved working with Kloeckner's! We met with other florists who were ritzy and high-end, and found that they would often have a vision that didn't really take into account what we actually wanted. Plus we found it telling how they treated my husband, who went to every meeting. If they ignored him, they weren't for us. Mark Weber at Kloeckner's was completely the opposite -- we sat, had a great conversation about what we wanted, and then he started making suggestions and we came up with some reasonable ideas, all very much within our budget. And then he continued to answer questions and be very patient since it took us a while to make a decision (based on our own delays, not theirs, that's for sure). They made multiple deliveries, first the personal flowers to my hotel suite (right on time), and then they returned (twice more, I think!) to set up/take down the reception flowers. And the flowers were BEAUTIFUL. The room just glowed with their centerpieces, and I loved my bouquet and the other personal flowers. Many of our guests complimented us on the flowers, because they were just so wonderful. Great place, and such great prices for the phenomenal service you get!

Erica · Married on 05/21/2011

Klockners did an AMAZING job with the flowers at our wedding. I didn't really know exactly what I was looking for at first, and Mark somehow took my random thoughts and helped pull it all together for a complete vision for my wedding. The outcome truly exceeded my expectations - everything was gorgeous! I received so many compliments on how lovely all of the flowers were. They were also very professional and reliable to deal with throughout the entire process, and very reasonably price, especially for what you get! I definitely recommend them for your event!!

Emily · Married on 12/11/2010

Mark did such a great job, our flowers were beautiful.

Jamie · Married on 05/01/2010

I was extremely impressed by Kloeckner's... They were recommended to me by my reception venue (the Murphy) and the caterer (Blue Plate). They are a huge value for what you get as compared to most florists in the city. They were extremely creative, friendly, and responsive. And I guess most importantly, gave us wonderful, intricate, and artistic floral arrangements for my wedding! The centerpieces were so amazing, male guests at the wedding came up to my husband and commented on them! All my guests and myself, were truly impressed with their work. They were so great to work with, produce great arrangements, and I highly recommend them!

Erin · Married on 05/23/2014

The business has been around for a long time and you can tell because of their professionalism and quality ! The flowers were absolutely stunning and held up through the night into the next day and long after. I worked with Mark in the beginning of the process for a consult and he was very personable and easy to work with. They were also incredibly flexible and sensitive to my questions and concerns. Only thing I could think of to improve on would be responsiveness to emails, sometimes it was difficult to reach them and get a quick response although I am sure they are always busy with events. Pam was very cheery and helpful- we spoke with her more often closer to the day of the wedding. One more thing to look into -at cafe Brauer they lit 250 or so votives around the entire ceiling ledge creating this magical glow throughout the venue- look into this - truly stunning !!

• ejon9

Edwina · Married on 12/31/2009

3.5

This is my hidden gem - they were recommended to me by someone at Blue Plate Catering, after he had realized I was a budget bride telling me that Mark at Kloeckner was really good at making things work with smaller budgets. They are on the trusted vendor list at one of the most expensive Chicago wedding locations, Cafe Brauer so I knew that this wasn't a second rate florist.

I didn't sign with Blue Plate for my catering (I'm small potatoes) but I am so thankful to Blue Plate for recommending Kloeckner. They provided the flowers and centerpieces for our wedding last week and I could not be happier!

One, their prices were unbeatable - even my DOC said his contacts couldn't be as cost competitive. The flowers were gorgeous and totally tied my wedding together thematically. I didn't have a big floral budget but Mark made it work! It was perfect!

Mark was also great with customer service - when I requested a sample of a centerpiece to take to our rental company and look at our sample dining table, I was able to go to his shop and pick it up. He was also very flexible with changes to the contract.

Again, recommend highly!

Sasha · Married on 12/01/2017

After consulting many flower vendors, Mark was the only one that listened and created the arrangements and design that we envisioned. He is a great vendor to work with and will work with you on your budget. Kloeckner Preferred Flowers provides you with the most value.

Allison · Married on 06/07/2014

Kloeckner's was wonderful to work with! We found them because they were on the preferred list of vendors for our venue, Cafe Brauer, and they were specifically recommended because for that venue they will place 200+ votive candles around all the ledges for a very reasonable price, which turned out gorgeous. Mark and Pam were very nice to work with and when we didn't like one of our centerpieces at our trial close to the wedding (not because it wasn't pretty, it was just very large and I didn't think guests would be able to see around it) Mark came to the rescue with a perfect, original idea for one of the centerpiece options (we had three types). I was very happy with the bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet, as well.

I rated them down a bit on professionalism because on the day of the wedding they were early delivering the personal flowers to the hotel room (no problem) but late delivering the flowers to the church, which caused a small panic, but it worked out fine in the end and everything was set up by the time it needed to be and looked great.

Pricing was not much different than any other Chicago floral vendor I got proposals from, though I was a little surprised by that because I thought based on their location they might be a bit cheaper.

Overall, I was very satisfied with Kloeckner's and would definitely recommend them.

c · Married on 07/11/2008

3.4
      1.5
      3.0

I wanted to keep flowers simple, and they helped me do that. Though based on their website they can do much more lavish affairs too. The woman (whose name I don't remember) is both color and cost conscious - she'll work to get you the look you want at the price you want too.

They are a locally/family owned florist; however, they DO NOT use flowers grown locally (a bit of a bummer).

The quality of flowers that I saw in the shop wasn't very good, but the flowers at my wedding were great and lasted 2 days (so we could use them again for the brunch the next morning). We had some communication issues regarding the vases used for the centerpieces (stressful at the time, but it all worked out in the end), and they were at times not very responsive (I would email and then not hear back and have to email/call again).