Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Hannah
    Hannah M. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Best Wedding Photographer in the Columbus Area

I highly recommend Kismet Visuals! Allison and her second shooter Alina did a fantastic job photographing our wedding on October 31, 2020. They spent 8 hours with us, at 3 different locations and captured each moment of our big day perfectly. Our church had some very strict guidelines due to COVID-19 as to where they could be during the ceremony and they handled it so well. All the photos turned out amazing, the quality, lighting, and style were exactly what we wanted. I love that Allison took so many detail shots during the day, not all photographers take the time to do this. I am especially obsessed with the portraits she took of my husband and me around the church and our reception venue. Allison is super professional, prompt, and a great communicator. She was an amazing leader on our wedding day arranging shoots with our family members and the wedding party. The day wouldn’t have been as smooth and stress-free as it was without her! She had our edited photos back to us within two weeks of our wedding, we were literally sitting on the beach during our honeymoon viewing our wedding photos. Now that we are officially a Kismet Couple, we cannot wait to have Allison take all of our family photos in the future. Thank you Kismet Visuals!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Well this just made my day!!! You guys were so laid back and easy to work with. Thank you so much and can't wait to see you all back some day! :)
    Shannon N. Married on 06/05/2022

She never Disappoints!

Such an amazing experience always. She takes her time and gets such amazing posed and natural photos. I recommend her to everyone I come in touch with.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Thank you for trusting me with so many of your precious memories over the years! 💕 it’s been such a pleasure getting to know you!
  • Nicole
    Nicole H. Married on 05/14/2022

Stop what youre doing and book Kismet Visuals!

I truly cannot recommend Allison from Kismet Visuals enough! One of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process was booking Allison. Both our engagement photos and wedding day photos are spectacular. She is an unbelievable photographer and her work speaks for itself. I also appreciated how professional she was throughout the wedding day and making sure that we stuck to the timeline. You will not regret booking Kismet Visuals!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

You guys were a dream to photograph, so kind and so much fun! Thank you for trusting me to capture such a beautiful day!
    xoxo,
    Allison
  • Lisa
    Lisa W. Married on 05/08/2022

Great Photographer!

Allison is a lot of fun and so wonderful to work with with. Not only does she take amazing photographs but she is very professional and responsive. She helped make the day stress free and I have so many great photos to choose from. We are really glad we used her for our wedding photos.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Thank you Lisa! You guys were so easy and so much fun. I’m so glad you love the photos, thank you for choosing me to document your day!
  • Katlyn
    Katlyn B. Married on 05/06/2022

If I could rate above 5 Stars I would

When it comes to photography, Allison is THE BEST! From our engagement session, my boudoir shoot, and of course our wedding photos, all of our photos were incredible! She captured our personalities and our love, and we will cherish these memories forever! I'd recommend Allison to any and everyone, and plan to use her for any photography need in the future!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

You're THE BEST! :) It's been a pleasure getting to know you, can't wait to see you guys in the future!
    xoxo,
    Allison
    Sarah F. Married on 04/08/2022

THE top photographer for a reason

We had the best experience working with Allison and we are over the moon with our photos. She was my #1 choice for our photographer and I was so excited when she was available on our date and willing to take on a small ceremony on a Friday morning. She captured so many special moments that we get to hang on to for the rest of our lives, and we had so much fun reviewing the shots she managed to get (we kept saying to each other, "I didn't even know she was back there!"). Allison was super responsive right off the bat and I love that she had a detailed worksheet for us to complete to let her know anything and everything we wanted for our wedding day photography. We can't recommend Allison enough, her work speaks for itself and her professionalism and fun personality made the day that much more special.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! What an honor to be chosen and so humbling knowing I was your #1 choice. I had such a wonderful time capturing your beautiful day.
  • Tori
    Tori L. Married on 11/13/2021

Highly recommend!

We are so happy we chose Allison to photograph our wedding day. She captured every single emotion and detail from that day so beautifully. As many others have said, her photos are so timeless and we will cherish these photos she gave us for a lifetime. She made us feel so comfortable with her laid back personality but she knows how to get things done so efficiently and keep things moving on time! She was so helpful leading up to the wedding giving us tips to help us make our timeline perfect. We were also so impressed with how quickly the turnaround was! We got them back about two weeks after our wedding and that included a holiday weekend. Look no further- she's the best :)
  • Jordan
    Jordan M. Married on 11/08/2021

Amazing!!!

Allison is amazing! She made us feel completely comfortable and captured every moment flawlessly. We could not be happier with the photos. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

You guys were so wonderful to work with. So much fun, so easy going and your families were just the sweetest!
    Tabby Married on 11/07/2021

A Talented and Professional Photographer

It has been a pleasure to work with Allison throughout this process. She did an amazing job memorializing our wedding day! Honestly, we didn’t interview many photographers as she was one of the first we contacted, but we knew immediately upon meeting and speaking with her that she was going to be the best fit for us. We reviewed her wedding portfolio, and her aesthetic was exactly what we were looking for, she captures natural and candid moments beautifully.

During the wedding, she was professional and prepared for the photoshoot. She gave us instructions and clear communication on our poses. She was fun, patient, and encouraging and we had a great time taking pictures. We also received our photos in record time and we absolutely love them! We would recommend looking through her portfolio and selecting her as your wedding photographer. Thank you Allison for the lovely memories!
  • Laura
    Laura R. Married on 10/17/2021

Excellent!

Allison is super talented, personable and flexible. She is very experienced in photographing weddings and has a personal relationship with venues all over Columbus. She is detail oriented, creative and goes above and beyond d to produce quality photos. She is timely and has great communication skills.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Such an honor capturing so many of your big life moments! Thank you so much for choosing me again and again!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 10/10/2021

Thankful to have Allison on our wedding journey

Allison was wonderful from the beginning. I had been following her under her previous brand name and knew if I ever got married she had to be my photographer. When that time finally came, she shared some dates that she was available so I could coordinate when booking my venue. Our engagement pictures were great and really captured how much fun my husband and I have together at some of our Columbus favorites. Once COVID hit, Allison was helpful with rescheduling two additional times and was supportive even though she was also struggling with the difficulties many businesses were facing. We had a small legal ceremony Allison was not able to attend but she captured our first anniversary wedding celebration. For me, pictures are the most important vendor of the day and I’m so happy Allison was able to capture our happiness and love. The hardest part was picking the favorites to be printed, then the next hardest is the holiday card photo! Thank you so much for everything Allison!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Thank you Lauren! I'm so humbled you've followed my work for so long and choose me! You guys were so laid back and fun, I really enjoyed capturing your big day! Allison
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 10/09/2021

Allison was so amazing and made everything about our wedding day pictures perfect! She captured every moment!

Allison takes the most incredible pictures and they turned out BEAUTIFUL!! We were so happy with every single photo and not to mention, got them back to us SO quickly (2 weeks). We appreciate all the time she put in and all the little details as well! She captured our relationship in the most perfect way!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

You guys were an absolute blast to work with. Thank you for being so fun and easy going! xoxo Allison
  • Maria
    Maria R. Married on 09/18/2021

Beautiful Photos!

Allison was excellent to work with for our wedding. Our photos look natural and true color, which was what we wanted--classic photos that would be beautifully displayed forever! we would pick her again for any major event in our life!
  • Lauren
    Lauren K. Married on 08/21/2021

A Fantastic Photographer!

I may be biased because Allison is my cousin, but I truly wouldn't have wanted anyone else to capture my wedding day! My photos turned out amazing and captured our most important moments!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Love you and so honored you chose me to document your special day!!! Nothing is more important than family and being there to document my cousins wedding was so special to me!
    Michelle O. Married on 08/14/2021

10/10 would recommend!

Kismet was the first vendor I booked because I had seen Allison’s work and instantly knew I wanted her to capture my wedding day. I knew I would walk away with an amazing collection of photos, but what I got actually far exceeded my high expectations. I was beyond impressed with Allison’s professional manner, creative talent, and turnaround time. She captured moments that my husband and I will forever cherish and pass down to our family for years to come and that is something that is simply priceless. Would 10/10 recommend Kismet to anyone!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

So humbled you chose me to document this day! You guys were a dream to work with, so laid back and fun. Thank you, thank you for the kind review!
    Cooper Married on 08/07/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Having Allison there with us on our wedding day was absolutely amazing! Allison was like a big sister to me that day. She helped me get into my dress and cooled me down when it got too hot! She captured some truly amazing pictures. She is kind, professional, and an excellent photographer!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Ah, this made my day. Loved coming along and documenting this day for you! Heat and rain (downpour) and then a pretty sunset, it was a perfect day!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth H. Married on 07/17/2021

Phenomenal photographer

We couldn't recommend Kismet more. Shortly after we booked Allison, we had to reschedule our engagement photo session due to a conflict on our end. Allison was more than accommodating, working with us to find a new date and time. When we saw our photos from the session, we were hooked. It had been a horribly humid July day, but looking at the photos, you'd never be the wiser. Multiple friends reached out to tell us how good the photos looked, which was wonderful to hear considering that my fiancé (now husband) and I are both a little camera shy. When it came to the wedding, Allison did it yet again. Despite rain early on in the day, general mugginess, and a lack of air conditioning at our venue, my husband and I look completely flawless in our photos. There are so many shots to choose from, and we can't wait to gift so many of her prints to our family and friends. Throughout the day, Allison was professional, calm when any issues arose, and just generally fun to be around. I don't love having my photo taken, but Allison and her second shooter went out of their way to help me feel more comfortable and make sure that the poses we chose felt true to who my husband and I are as a couple. I still don't love having my photo taken, but the next time I do, I'll be sure to call Allison. I recommend you do the same!
    Erika M. Married on 07/03/2021

Simply the best

Such a wonderful photographer! Allison was kind, patient, and even helped me bustle my dress when I couldn’t find a single bridesmaid! She captured our day perfectly.
    Melinda K. Married on 06/05/2021

The absolute best you can find

Where do I begin?? I've worked with Allison many times over the years so when it came time to choose who I wanted to capture this special day, I knew EXACTLY where to go. Allison consistently does phenomenal, stunning work. Not only that, but she is so kind, responsive, and her turn around time is honestly out of this world. Our wedding photos are everything we could have ever dreamed of and more. She has photographed so many important moments in my life and will remain my go-to professional!

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Melinda, I am so humbled you’ve chosen me to document all your lives biggest moments! Thank you for trusting me! 💕
  • Liz
    Liz F. Married on 05/15/2021

best in columbus

allison is so wonderful to work with. she's super responsive over email and was really dedicated to working with us, despite a few covid-related scheduling challenges. day-of, her style and demeanor put us totally at ease, and it shows in our beautiful photos. everyone looks so naturally and genuinely happy, and i couldn't be more in love with the final product - the style of her photography and quality of her editing is flawless. better yet, we received our full digital gallery just over 2 weeks after our wedding day. love being a #kismetcouple!
  • Jacey
    Jacey C. Married on 02/20/2021

More than I could have ever hoped for

This entire wedding process, including working with Allison is more than my husband and I could have hoped for or imagined. It's funny how things have a way of working out just as they're supposed to and I believe that's exactly what happened with us, and being able to work with Allison. This was our 5th (Yep, FIFTH) planned wedding due to Covid. Originally planned in Puerto Rico, then two different locations in the Bahamas, then moved to Mexico and finally in Columbus, OH in February! Not exactly what we had planned or envisioned. #thankscovid. Having all of our friends, family and loved ones together for a huge beach celebration changed to us getting married in front of just our immediate families in our Columbus church. It turned out to be even more special than what we had originally planned and Allison captured every single special moment in the church that we now love so much.

I wish I could take Allison with me on every important day in my future because I know her pictures would tell the perfect story. Nothing felt scripted or forced, nothing was staged or awkward, and I didn't even realize she was there most of the time. She took time to ask up front what our expectations were, and I think that is the most important part of what she did - she knew exactly what we wanted, what our perfect shots would look like, what type of image we were interested in capturing, and she delivered on it 110%. A true creative and caring professional who knows exactly what she's doing, but takes the clients wishes into account and delivers exactly what they want and not what she thinks they should have. Since she asked so many questions up front and got to know us, she also determined that we would appreciate at least a few of the smaller details that we didn't originally think were important and I'm so thankful that she captured those as well. She was a strong leader during family photos, extremely organized throughout the entire process, and was an excellent communicator. She would email me back early in the morning or late at night, usually within minutes if not seconds of my original email. We are beyond happy with our choice to work with Kismet, and as an official "Kismet Couple," we'll look forward to working with Allison again for many special events to come! Cheers!
  • Amy
    Amy L. Married on 02/06/2021

Best decision!

We were so lucky that Allison was available to capture our wedding day. Our wedding pictures are so beautiful and uniquely us. My husband and I are not in front of a camera often, so we were nervous to have our engagement pictures taken. However, any nerves were gone in the first five minutes of working with Allison. She is very relaxed and took the time needed to make us feel comfortable. Not only is her work stunning (just look at her Instagram!), but she also is a great person. Our wedding was supposed to be in October of 2020, but we had to postpone due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Allison was so accommodating and understanding when we had to reschedule. She is quick at responding to emails and is always happy to answer any questions I may have. Honestly, having Allison be a part of our big day was one of the best decisions we made! We are currently planning a reception for 2022 since we had to do a small ceremony because of COVID. One of the first things I did was book Allison again. I could not speak more highly of her and her work.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Gosh you guys are the sweetest! I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you and can’t wait for the big party next year! Thank you!!!
    Ally B. Married on 10/10/2020

Phenomenal

Allison is absolutely amazing and so talented with what she does! We loved her and can’t wait to work with her again in the future.
  • Jenna
    Jenna R. Married on 09/25/2020

Amazing!

Kismet Visual was incredible to work with. We also did or engagement photos with her and I’m looking forward to continuing to book sessions with her as we start our family. My husband and I are both pretty go-with-the-flow types of people, and Allison was great at making us feel comfortable and getting amazing candid photos of us on our wedding day. I’m so thankful we went with Kismet for our wedding day and am truly going to treasure these photos for the rest of my life.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Ah, day made. :) You were fun and easy going and just my type of couple. I am so excited to see you back one day so I can continue to capture life biggest moments! xoxo
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 09/19/2020

Couldn't be better!

Let me start by explaining I had booked a "Budget photographer" in the early days of my wedding planning process, trying to cut costs, etc. After about 4 months of wedding planning I realized that your photos are one of the most important parts of they day, and not just anybody can do it. This is when I decided to break my contract, and I was absolutely heartbroken to do that to another vendor, and felt so upset with myself for rushing into booking with someone who's work I did not particularly love...But I had to rebook another photographer. Well, I was petrified of making the same mistake so I decided I would find the absolute best person I could get, and book them...With this search I found Allison. Wedding planning was stressful for me, and I felt so much relief knowing my photos would be amazing and I didn't have to stress about it because I booked with Allison. Phew! It was such a relief. I kept telling my family and friends she was the absolute best, her work is incredible and we will all be stunned....well, that's what happened! Every. Single. Photo. Is. GORGEOUS! I have looked them over and over and I couldn't conjure up a complaint about Allison if I tried. She also got us back on track time wise (nearly 30-40 mins behind), absolutely cranked out the family photos to get the not-so-fun stuff done quickly. She is efficient, and professional...you truly couldn't be in better hands if you book with here. I am moving to Florida with my husband but we already have discussed flying to Ohio if we need photos in the future because she is so amazing. Thank you Allison! I can't wait to display your gorgeous work in our home.

Kismet Visuals & Co. Photography & Design's reply:

Gah, you’re the sweetest! And I do hope I can capture future memories for you guys! 💕💕💕 thank you for leaving this kind review, it means a lot!