Kirsten Getz Photography Reviews

21 Reviews for Kirsten Getz Photography

• Alysha

Alysha Nails · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Incredible photographer!

Kirsten is an amazingly talented photographer and an all around wonderful person to work with. I had a difficult time choosing a wedding photographer until my husband and I met with Kirsten. She is very personable, flexible, organized and open minded. She showed up early for our wedding, stayed until the very end and went above and beyond all of my expectations. She made sure she captured every moment of our big day and our photos turned out incredible! I would highly recommend Kirsten to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer.

Thank you Kirsten!!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Mills · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Excellent, professional, personable, talented

Kirsten was everything I wanted and more when it came time to picking out a photographer to capture our big day! When I initially reached out to Kirsten about photographing our wedding she insisted that we first talk to make sure that her style was what I was looking for, and it sure was! The first time we met Kirsten was at our engagement photo session, which we were already nervous about because we have never taken posed photos like that. Kirsten down to earth, charming and patient personality immediately made us feel very comfortable not only around her but when posing for the camera. She was able to make the session fun for us, and the pictures turned out incredible! She captured everything I wanted and more!

Prior to our big day I told Kirsten about several shots that were very important to me. For example, my mom helping me get ready, my dad seeing me for the first time and giving me away, my husband watching me come down the aisle etc. I was adamant about having natural candid shots that would hopefully capture the happiness and love present on that day. Kirsten’s photographs of our wedding were breathtaking!!! She went above and beyond anything I imagined. And because she is so personable, my husband and I were able to relax and be ourselves which helped capture those priceless candid shots.

Kirsten was around taking pictures the whole time! Not once did she stop to take a break or say I think we got enough. She kept taking pictures of everything she could, absorbing the whole day so we could look back and remember each moment. Not only is Kirsten an excellent photograph, she acted as a coordinator on the big day to ensure my timeline was being adhered to. She kept reminding everyone of the time, told us when to start getting ready, kept track of hair and makeup etc. If it had not been for her coordinating the events leading up to the ceremony it would have been delayed by at least an hour. I suggested to Kirsten that she should add coordinating weddings to her photography package, because she is so good at it!

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing, talented, artistic photographer

I contacted Kirsten with short notice to shoot our 9 person at-home wedding in Deep Creek, MD. She was quick to respond and she set up a phone call so she could get a better feel of our vision. We had canceled our large wedding due to COVID thus I wanted someone who could document our day to share with the rest of our family in a way that would make them feel like they were there. I could not have picked a better photographer! Kirsten's photos captured the day in a way that makes you feel like you are living the day over again. The love, laughter, and happy tears show in every photo. In addition to the gorgeous photos, Kirsten was extremely accommodating. The weather forecast was not so great and Kirsten took the extra step to reach out that week to let me know she could accommodate us in any way needed. The day-of we decided to move our ceremony up an hour early because of the weather, and Kirsten was more than happy to come early. Being it was such a small intimate wedding, everyone commented on how Kirsten made them feel so comfortable - like we had always known her. I am forever grateful for Kirsten and her talent and professionalism. Thank you, Kirsten, for capturing our love and for going the extra steps (crawling through trees, up a ladder, etc.) to make our day extra special! :). Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2020
  • Z

Zoe Balmuth · Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible, Personal, Professional, WORTH IT

I can't recommend Kirsten enough - she was incredible from start to finish, and our wedding day was everything because of her (certain family members said they felt "VIP" thanks to her, and we got all the shots we wanted without feeling overwhelmed... a big concern since my hubby is camera shy).

As a professional wedding planner, I've worked with a lot of photographers and for my own wedding day I knew I would be picky... I truly feel as if I picked the very best!

Our photos came out incredible and I know we will cherish them always.

Thank you Kirsten!!!

Kayla Slenbaker · Married on 09/20/2019

An eye like no other!

Kirsten was born to be a photographer. She has that eye to see things that the average person doesn’t. And to top it off she makes you feel like an old friend! She automatically bonds with you and is so genuine. Just an incredible human! These two things combined make her the perfect person to photograph anything for you! I couldn’t recommend her more! I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to photograph my wedding!

Also check out the picture that looks like we’re in a field of lavender. It’s actually Baltimore city 😱 told you she had an eye for this!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Allie Broadwater · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful, Kirsten went above and beyond my expectations in everything she did for us!

Kirsten did an amazing job capturing my wedding and engagement pictures! She was so flexible and easy to work with. Looking at our pictures is like I’m back in that moment because she truly captured everything that was important to me!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Samantha Barton · Married on 08/10/2019

Kirsten Getz photography is amazing!!!

Kirsten Getz is an amazing photographer!! She is so easy to work with and is extremely talented!! We LOVE our pictures!!

Sent on 09/15/2019

EL Ruminski · Married on 08/06/2019

Pittsburgh wedding well captured

Kirsten has creative ideas and professionalism. She was able to blend in and help everyone feel relaxed and confident.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Beth Folk · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

The highest quality photos from a photographer that truly takes the time to get to know you and connect on such a personal level. She cares about not only your photos, but your experience. She went above and beyond for our engagement/family shoot as well as wedding! I will pick Kirsten over and over for all my photography needs!

Cherokee Drummond · Married on 07/13/2019

Wedding Photographs

Kirsten was amazing! She showed up early for our wedding, and was nonstop the entire day! She worked hard racing back and forth to capture every moment of our big day! She stopped at nothing to get a perfect or natural shot. Kirsten was great to work with, she helped keep our whole day on track and made sure that we had all the pictures we wanted before she finished up for the night. We definitely recommend her, and will use her again in the future! Great choice!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome experience!

Kirsten did an amazing job at capturing authentic, special moments throughout our wedding day! She made the experience so fun each picture turned out unique.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Janelle

Janelle Burkhart · Married on 06/07/2019

More than just a photographer!

Kirsten Getz Photography produces not only a collection of photographs that you and your partner will want to admire for the rest of your lives but an amazing experience that you both will hold near and dear to your heart. Kirsten offers and encourages an engagement session prior to shooting your wedding which is a great way to get to know each other and get comfortable in front of the camera before your big day. Kirsten also encourages her couples to select an activity that you enjoy doing together as a couple. For Mark and I, that meant hiking and exploring a new location together. Kirsten threw out some ideas of places she has been dying to take her adventurous couples. Mark and I decided on her recommendation of Dolly Sods Wilderness in WV (a place that had been on our bucket list for quite some time). The three of us drove to Dolly Sods Wilderness for an epic sunrise adventure in October 2018. We watched the sunrise over the mountains, froze our butts off (but you’d have no clue looking at the photos), hiked around, laughed until our stomachs hurt, made a new awesome friend (Kirsten), and created a great memory all while having our photos taken. Our engagement session not only produced some epic photos but was an experience that neither of us will ever forget. It has become one of our most favorite days (well besides our wedding day of course).

Fast forward to the weeks leading up to our wedding day...we met with Kirsten at a cool little coffee shop to create the game plan for the wedding day. She’s so much fun to hang out with and very easy to talk to. She is attentive to your vision and your requests for your big day organizing it into a very helpful timeline. Mark and I really enjoyed hanging out with Kirsten leading up to our wedding and we were so excited to have her at our wedding as our photographer. Now for our wedding day: July 6, 2019. Kirsten arrived early to scope out the venue and plan our first look. She brought her second shooter, Leah who is just as awesome as Kirsten. The two of them had Mark and I laughing all day along with our wedding party and guests. Both Kirsten and Leah made everyone feel at ease and comfortable in front of the camera. She did a great job of capturing every moment of our big day while incorporating all the beauty, nature, and love that surrounded it. She stayed until the very end to ensure that she captured every moment and didn't miss a thing. Our wedding photos turned out better than we could have asked. If you want artsy, candid wedding photos then Kirsten Getz is the woman for you! Kirsten, thank you so much for being such an amazing photographer and a totally rad human!

Much love, Janelle and Mark Burkhart

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • alexandra

alexandra · Married on 05/18/2019

Great and Organized

Kirsten is awesome. She is supremely organized which matters so much when you have a ton of friends and family you need to wrangle. She did an excellent job of listening to what we wanted while at the same time getting some shots we wouldn't have ever thought of but love! She is great to work with and will take away any photo-related stress you have!

Karina · Married on 10/20/2018

Creative, professional, fun photographer

Kirsten was very attuned to our vision for our wedding day. She was very professional and time sensitive with all materials and responsive to any questions via email/call/text. She captured all aspects of the wedding with creativity. We have so many pictures we love. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Abby Helmick · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing candid photography

We loved working with Kirsten! She did a fantastic job learning about us as a couple and capturing all of the moments from our wedding day. From the biggest moments to the tiniest detail she was able to capture it all!!! She did an amazing job of blending into the background and allowing us to experience our wedding day while she captured some of the most intimate and candid photos possible. She was completely flexible and went with our flow as we took all of our bridal party and family pictures. I can not speak highly enough of the quality of images she captured for both our engagement session and wedding. Kirsten was able to take amazing photos, that showcase our true emotions and personalities, that we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Kristan Mason · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding photos!

Kirsten is great!!! She did our engagement and wedding photos! So thankful she captured our perfect day! She is so personable and makes you feel comfortable when getting photos taken. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Freaking amazing!!!

Kirsten is not only an amazingly, talented photographer, she’s also an amazing soul! She made our engagement and wedding photos bring to life our personalities and relationship. Everything was so candid and didn’t look “posey” (if that’s even a word). Easy to work with, super friendly, and so sweet! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2018

sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

Best choice I made!

Since booking with Kirsten for my wedding and engagement photos I found that she was super responsive and sooo helpful! I felt overwhelmed trying to get everything perfect in preparation for the day. She has a great list for you to fill out so she is 100% prepared for anything you might be wanting to do on the big day. The list was very helpful to me even, asking questions I hadn’t even thought about. She cane up with great suggestions for anything I might have had in mind as well. I am extremely happy I chose every vender, but Kristen really helped make the day extra special. I’m super happy with the finished product and would recommend her for any type of photography in the future.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Bethany · Married on 09/23/2017

Unparalleled

Kirsten was beyond the best photographer I could’ve asked for at our wedding! She was creative, kind and patient, assertive when we needed it, and super easy to get along with! She sort of served as a wedding planner, because she kept the whole day running on schedule. And the pictures she gave us were amazing beyond words! Her talent is very apparent. She went above and beyond our expectations! We highly recommend!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Kirsten was everything we hoped for in our wedding photographer- cool, funny, and able to capture us in a way that made us feel comfortable. She was present and yet unobtrusive which is so hard to find! We are so excited to see what is to come of the pictures but the previews look wonderful! She and her partner were 100000% above and beyond. Whole heatedly recommend!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Brooke · Married on 08/13/2016

Kirsten is absolutely awesome to work with. The majority of our communication has been via online thus far, but she has been so flexible with scheduling everything with me and to meet up to discuss her style and what I envision for my wedding day. I have seen her work at friend's weddings and from her Facebook (Girl.Getz.Photography and website http://kirstengetz.zenfolio.com/) and she is amazing. I can not wait to work with her on my big day!

Sent on 01/13/2016