Kirsten Getz Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Elizabeth W. Married on 06/11/2022

A dream to work with!

Kirsten was absolutely fabulous. She has a terrific eye, an easy personality, and a totally professional operation. All through our wedding day, Kirsten was everywhere and nowhere -- meaning she caught some amazing moments while being completely unobtrusive. I also have a few folks who are awkward in front of a camera and she knew how to put them at ease so the shots look natural.

I love the engagement photo session that she offers as part of the package. It was a great opportunity for us to get to know each other a bit before the big day; it was assuring to know that we were delighted with our photographer going into the wedding day itself. One less thing to worry about!

I would definitely hire her again. So glad we found her!!
    Julianna H. Married on 05/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Decision We Made!

Before I even got engaged I knew I wanted Kirsten to be our wedding photographer. I was lucky enough to have met Kirsten when she was the photographer for my best friend's wedding a few years ago. She made that day so easy and fun for the wedding party when it came to taking photos, and also kept everyone organized and on schedule. Not only was she awesome to hang out with all day, her photos of my friends wedding were absolutely stunning. So naturally, she was the first vendor we reached out to once we booked our date.

Kirsten was so flexible and easy to work with leading up to our wedding (we had a couple postponements #covidbride). She helped establish a timeline for the day and was easy to get a hold of when we had questions or needed to get in touch.

Both our engagement shoot and wedding day were a blast! She helped us feel at ease in front of the camera and came up with some really creative ideas for shots on the fly which we were grateful for since our locations were new to all of us.

I also can't stress enough how much I would recommend to couples to find someone you feel comfortable being up close and personal with for a whole day. Kirsten made us feel like we were hanging out with an old friend who had known us forever, which made capturing all the sweet, fun, and touching moments feel easy and natural.

When she shared our photos of the day, I was beyond thrilled with how they turned out. Everything I hoped would be captured was and much more! Some people say only video can really capture the raw emotions of the day, but the photos Kirsten took accomplished this too.

So, if you made it all the way to the end of this, don't waste anymore time and book Kirsten asap!
    Jon W. Married on 05/21/2022

Our favorite vendor :)

We have so many amazing things to say about our experience with Kirsten. Tl;dr go book her right now :) Kirsten is not just an amazing photographer but also a gem of a human.
    We originally looked at a lot of photographers with “light and airy” style but realized a lot of times the backgrounds of those photos look overly edited, and we didn’t want to lose the natural beauty of our wedding venue. Kirsten's style perfectly captured the setting of both our engagement & wedding pictures.
    When we interviewed Kirsten, we felt by the end of it that she could be a friend! That was really important to us because we wanted to be comfortable in front of the camera.
    Kirsten was SUPER helpful in coming up with a day-of timeline. She is one of those professionals that is so good that you don’t even need to hire a wedding coordinator. For example, she was able to rearrange our order of pictures on the fly based on how the evening was going. On the day of the wedding, she kept us on time without making us feel rushed! She helped us coordinate our first look, sunset photos, and offered great suggestions for engagement photos.
    Both Kirsten and her second shooter had a great eye for creative shots. It doesn’t seem to matter where they are. They handled a venue they had never even seen before so smoothly. Just like we had hoped, they captured action shots, emotion, dancing, and the grandeur of the nature and space we were in.
    Kirsten also made it easy to coordinate from 3,000 miles away. We had to fly across the country for our engagement photos, and Kirsten had the flexibility and quick communication to make sure we could coordinate those on a trip we had already planned to the east coast. However, she is also willing to travel wherever you want to take photos! She is adventurous and was super down for the hike we chose for our engagement photos.
    Would hire again in a heartbeat!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Jonathan E. Married on 11/06/2021

Best photographer ever!

Kirsten is AMAZING! If you’re here, you can already see that she has a fantastic eye and takes stunning photos. Her candid shots of joyous moments, and the way she beautifully captures natural scenery as well as people, were some of her talents that initially brought us to her.

What you can’t tell from the photos is how wonderful she is to work with. My partner and I are not the most natural in front of the camera (read – very awkward), but Kirsten knew just what to say to put us at ease and make us look great. We got to know her first at our engagement shoot, which was included in our wedding package at no extra charge. She drove all the way from Frostburg to Sugarloaf Mountain and hiked up with us for some beautiful sunset shots.

She was of course awesome at the wedding as well. We had a very complex wedding including two ceremonies, two receptions, and various family portraits scattered throughout the day. She knew where she had to be for every shot better than we did! Again, she was just a delight to work with, super flexible and great company for a couple of nervous newlyweds. We love how she’d think of a new shot on the spot and make it happen – in fact I think some of the best photos are the spontaneous ones!

Since Kirsten is fantastic it is not surprising that she works with fantastic people as well. Her second photographer, Patrick, was every bit as great to work with. He was in charge of a lot of the groom + groomsman photos so as the groom, I spent a good amount of time with him. I was pretty anxious about how the day would go, but his easy-going manner really helped calm my nerves.

We cannot recommend Kirsten (and Patrick) highly enough! We haven’t even received all of our photos yet, but the few that we have previewed so beautifully captured the love we felt on our wedding day that they alone were worth the investment. We cannot wait to see the rest of the portfolio when the time comes!
    Claudia G. Married on 10/23/2021

Amazing!!!!

Kirsten was the absolute best! She made sure to capture what we wanted to ensure your happiness on the big day. We asked to get candids throughout the day to show the true emotion, which was done perfectly! With a large wedding party, 210 guests, and big families she stayed organized and was able to get all the group pictures and then some! Took less time than expected to receive the full gallery, which was a great surprise. Our wedding day would not have been as successful if it were not for Kirsten! Highly recommend hiring Kirsten to anyone looking for someone who is talented, reasonably priced, easy to get along with, and goes above and beyond your expectations!
  • Maura
    Maura J. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most AMAZING wedding photographer you could ask for

There are not words to describe how happy and excited we were/are to have Kirsten photograph our day! She was beyond professional and communicated every step of the way. She traveled to Knoxville, TN and worked seamlessly with our wedding planner/coordinator and ensured that WE had the day that WE wanted captured! It was perfect to have her second shooter capture the groom/groomsmen getting ready while Kirsten stayed with us ladies! We would 100% recommend her to anyone who wants their day(s) captured to the fullest! We put our trust in her and she went with it and the amazing photos tell the rest! The photos are beyond beautiful and we can't wait to tell the story behind each one for years to come! THANK YOU Kirsten!!
  • Jay
    Jay S. Married on 10/09/2021

Just hire her already!

If you have found this page, CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve hit the jackpot and do not need to look at any other photographers. Kirsten is not only an amazing photographer but also an amazing human being. Our wedding was originally scheduled for October 2020, but obviously Covid delayed that event and Kirsten worked with us to re-schedule. One year later, we met Kirsten on Billy goat trail outside of DC to do our “engagement sunrise shoot”. We ended up hiking 4 miles and laughing our way down the trail the whole morning; a week later she shot our wedding. Kirsten lives in the moment, she always gets the shot, and she is great in group settings. Neither of us love getting our picture taken, but everything felt super natural and relaxed with Kirsten, there was no pressure to “pose right” or stand forever to get perfectly posed shots. It was just tons of fun while also happening to get some photos. We cannot say enough about how great of a photographer she is. If you’ve read this far, JUST BOOK HER ALREADY!
    Daniela Married on 08/28/2021

Blessed!!!

I can’t even begin to explain how amazing Kirsten is! I mean ABOVE an BEYOND!! Of all our vendors Kirsten was the best! She stayed in contact with us throughout the whole wedding planning process. She even helped with things that did not involve photography. I’m so so happy we found her. I couldn’t imagine my wedding day running as smoothly or as wonderful without Kirsten. She even pushed us to go ahead out in the rain for our ceremony knowing how bummed I was about having rain on our wedding day! I’m so excited to see what she captured. I’m sure it’ll be absolutely f*cking great!

All our guests even complimented me on what a great photographer she was and how well she went with the crazy timeline we had.

Do not hesitate to book her! I promise you it’ll be the easiest decision you make!!

I honestly can’t even put into words how much of a blessing it was to have her with us!!
    Michelle Married on 06/10/2021

Picture Perfect!

Kirsten was wonderful from the beginning! Before we even signed the contract we had a conversation with her about what we were hoping to get out of our photography and what she provides to make sure we were a good match. She was very upfront and honest about her style and process so that we knew what we were getting. Working with her was amazing, she always answered our questions promptly and helped us with our timeline to make sure we got all of the photos and happenings we wanted! She made us feel very comfortable taking the photos, no awkward poses, and truly made our photos unique by capturing our story. Just got our photos back and they’re helping us relive the day! Can’t wait to do our anniversary session with her!
    Kristen T. Married on 06/05/2021

Couldn't be happier

Choosing Kirsten was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. She did an amazing job capturing all of the best moments, and so many additional things that we didn't see during the day. When we looked at the ceremony images, we both noted we didn't even notice her moving around and capturing all of these different angles. We highly recommend Kirsten!
    Tiffany S. Married on 05/15/2021

Amazing, wonderful!

From the engagement to the wedding day she was absolutely amazing! She made us feel comfortable and could be ourselves! I love that we don’t really do much face on smile photos and she mixes things up and makes it fun! Always open to new ideas!
    Katy B. Married on 05/10/2021

Kirsten is awesome!

Kirsten is so wonderful. She has such a beautiful way of capturing nature within her photos. She went for every idea I sent her way, including a special first look off site. She was flexible and easy to get a hold of throughout the entire process. On the wedding day, she made sure we took all the formal pictures we wanted and then took epic candid shots throughout the evening. I highly recommend her and already have to family and friends!
    Alysha N. Married on 04/09/2021

Incredible photographer!

Kirsten is an amazingly talented photographer and an all around wonderful person to work with. I had a difficult time choosing a wedding photographer until my husband and I met with Kirsten. She is very personable, flexible, organized and open minded. She showed up early for our wedding, stayed until the very end and went above and beyond all of my expectations. She made sure she captured every moment of our big day and our photos turned out incredible! I would highly recommend Kirsten to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer.

Thank you Kirsten!!
  • Jesse
    Jesse M. Married on 03/22/2021

A dream to work with!

Working with Kirsten was just the best for so many reasons. When I was hit by a car the day before our engagement photo shoot, she was so kind and accommodating about rescheduling. She made our engagement photo shoot so fun and put us at ease! Her communication throughout the process was timely and easy to understand. On our wedding day, she was EVERYWHERE. My parents, husband, bridal party and I all said that she worked harder than anyone else in that room. All that to say - before we even got our photos, I would recommend her. And then we got our photos, and they are gorgeous. And fun. And unique. Couldn't recommend more highly. She also sent us such a special gift around our 1 month anniversary as a surprise treat and I loved it!
  • Katherine
    Katherine M. Married on 02/10/2021

Excellent, professional, personable, talented

Kirsten was everything I wanted and more when it came time to picking out a photographer to capture our big day! When I initially reached out to Kirsten about photographing our wedding she insisted that we first talk to make sure that her style was what I was looking for, and it sure was! The first time we met Kirsten was at our engagement photo session, which we were already nervous about because we have never taken posed photos like that. Kirsten down to earth, charming and patient personality immediately made us feel very comfortable not only around her but when posing for the camera. She was able to make the session fun for us, and the pictures turned out incredible! She captured everything I wanted and more!

Prior to our big day I told Kirsten about several shots that were very important to me. For example, my mom helping me get ready, my dad seeing me for the first time and giving me away, my husband watching me come down the aisle etc. I was adamant about having natural candid shots that would hopefully capture the happiness and love present on that day. Kirsten’s photographs of our wedding were breathtaking!!! She went above and beyond anything I imagined. And because she is so personable, my husband and I were able to relax and be ourselves which helped capture those priceless candid shots.

Kirsten was around taking pictures the whole time! Not once did she stop to take a break or say I think we got enough. She kept taking pictures of everything she could, absorbing the whole day so we could look back and remember each moment. Not only is Kirsten an excellent photograph, she acted as a coordinator on the big day to ensure my timeline was being adhered to. She kept reminding everyone of the time, told us when to start getting ready, kept track of hair and makeup etc. If it had not been for her coordinating the events leading up to the ceremony it would have been delayed by at least an hour. I suggested to Kirsten that she should add coordinating weddings to her photography package, because she is so good at it!
    Emily S. Married on 02/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding photographer experience ever!

Kirsten is an absolutely amazing wedding photographer, and all around great human! She worked with us every step of the way as our wedding plans changed three times due to covid. She was so flexible and flew all the way to Disney World to capture our small ceremony on very short notice! She is creative and captures every moment in such a unique way. Kirsten is so kind and fun, having her around our wedding and post wedding activities was such a pleasure. Kirsten is a great photographer and you should definitely use her for any event you need a photographer for!
    Gayle M. Married on 01/23/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best experience — and photos!

Kirsten was so wonderful to work with — even through a plan A, B, and C wedding amid COVID. She is collaborative, kind, professional, and because she makes everyone feel really comfortable around her, you will end up with some really lovely and relaxed shots! We were so lucky to have vendors like her work with us in this crazy year of changes!
    Amber M. Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful photos

Excellent photographer!! I highly recommend her. If you want beautiful and unique photos this is your girl!!
    Erin J. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing and fun!

Kirsten did a wonderful job with both our engagement and wedding pictures. She was so easy to work with and went with our flow, made us feel comfortable, and since I'm so indecisive helped with all of my picture locations and poses! She captured all of the candid moments and beautiful scenary which is all I wanted. Most importantly, she did great with getting pictures of my active dogs!
    Brandy B. Married on 09/12/2020

No words can describe

No words can describe the amount of joy and emotions that Kirsten captured during our wedding day! I am obsessed with pictures and had this ideal day in my head as any woman does!! The weather had other plans! Even though I was not upset that day about it for days to follow I worried my pictures were not going to be pretty bc of the lucky weather. I was completely wrong because the true artist that Kirsten is she captured the beauty in the day and the people!! I cannot thank her enough for being an absolute essential part of our magical day!!
  • Miranda
    Miranda P. Married on 09/05/2020

Fantastic Experience!

Kirsten is the absolute best and captured our day perfectly! HIGHLY recommend.
    Mary P. Married on 08/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! She made everything so easy.

Kirsten was so personable and so flexible. I don’t have enough characters here to say how kind and encouraging she was. I don’t get my picture taken often and she made me so comfortable and happy that day. I highly recommend.
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing, talented, artistic photographer

I contacted Kirsten with short notice to shoot our 9 person at-home wedding in Deep Creek, MD. She was quick to respond and she set up a phone call so she could get a better feel of our vision. We had canceled our large wedding due to COVID thus I wanted someone who could document our day to share with the rest of our family in a way that would make them feel like they were there. I could not have picked a better photographer! Kirsten's photos captured the day in a way that makes you feel like you are living the day over again. The love, laughter, and happy tears show in every photo. In addition to the gorgeous photos, Kirsten was extremely accommodating. The weather forecast was not so great and Kirsten took the extra step to reach out that week to let me know she could accommodate us in any way needed. The day-of we decided to move our ceremony up an hour early because of the weather, and Kirsten was more than happy to come early. Being it was such a small intimate wedding, everyone commented on how Kirsten made them feel so comfortable - like we had always known her. I am forever grateful for Kirsten and her talent and professionalism. Thank you, Kirsten, for capturing our love and for going the extra steps (crawling through trees, up a ladder, etc.) to make our day extra special! :). Highly recommend!
  • Z
    Zoe B. Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible, Personal, Professional, WORTH IT

I can't recommend Kirsten enough - she was incredible from start to finish, and our wedding day was everything because of her (certain family members said they felt "VIP" thanks to her, and we got all the shots we wanted without feeling overwhelmed... a big concern since my hubby is camera shy).

As a professional wedding planner, I've worked with a lot of photographers and for my own wedding day I knew I would be picky... I truly feel as if I picked the very best!

Our photos came out incredible and I know we will cherish them always.

Thank you Kirsten!!!
    Kayla S. Married on 09/20/2019

An eye like no other!

Kirsten was born to be a photographer. She has that eye to see things that the average person doesn’t. And to top it off she makes you feel like an old friend! She automatically bonds with you and is so genuine. Just an incredible human! These two things combined make her the perfect person to photograph anything for you! I couldn’t recommend her more! I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to photograph my wedding!

Also check out the picture that looks like we’re in a field of lavender. It’s actually Baltimore city 😱 told you she had an eye for this!
illustration stars