King River Ranch Reviews

King River Ranch 1
  • Tabetha

Tabetha Obenhaus · Married on 08/11/2019

Dream come true!

This place was my dream! I only looked at this venue and was sold!! The staff there is great and they did a magnificent job! It’s a bonus that the house is one site....which is also huge and beautiful. Annnnnd the new honeymoon suite is dreamy and so comfortable! I couldn’t have found a better place!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2019
    King River Ranch 2
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2018

You don't need to star in a Disney movie to feel like a princess, KRR will take care of that for your wedding day!

To put it simply, King River Ranch will make your Texan/ranch wedding fairy tale come true. My husband and I visited numerous ranches in the Texas Hill Country to find the perfect venue for the day we say "I do". When we arrived at KRR, David was so welcoming and friendly we were immediately comfortable and couldn't wait to hear details and take our tour. Words cannot describe how wonderful the team is at this venue and how their attention to detail is truly just impeccable. The venue is designed for the perfect wedding from how the ceremony site faces the river for the perfect sunset behind you while you say your vows, to the absolutely breath taking bridal suite and lounge for the day-of rituals, not to mention your reception will feel like something out of a bridal magazine with how beautifully ornate its designs are even before your florals and decor. David and his two sons did all of our florals and decor; I don't know how else to describe it other than magical. We had also hired Amy from Avenue Q Consulting out of KRR as our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have made a better decision. She knows the venue like the back of her hand, and is not only the sweetest person you'll get to know, but she is ALWAYS on her game with vendors. Amy will keep your mind at ease and keep you calm for your big day! KRR will accomodate to your every need and make you feel like you aren't just getting married there but that you've become part of their family. Our guests are still talking about how incredible and beautiful our wedding was and it's all because of the team at King River Ranch. Now that KRR has lodging on site (it wasn't quite ready for our wedding), I know my husband and I want to gather up some friends and stay there for another weekend to enjoy the scenery/wine country and get to see Amy again! Couldn't recommend King River Ranch enough, it will just make all of your dreams come true for your perfect wedding day.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Mikhal · Married on 07/08/2017

I am not even sure where to begin. Our wedding day was PERFECT and I owe a lot of that credit to David Hahn (venue owner) and his staff. From the moment we pulled into the ranch for our first tour we knew that this was going to be the place we were going to get married. The ranch is so beautiful and absolutely breathtaking (and there are cute animals too). David provided us with more guidance than we could have ever hoped for. He answered every question that I had (and I have a lot of them) without hesitation, even if it had nothing to do with the venue. Not to mention he was also our florist and did an AMAZING job. If you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue with an amazing staff, you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. I would recommend this place 10 times out of 10. So thankful we chose The King River Ranch for our wedding venue.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Burt · Married on 05/06/2017

David and his team at KRR were wonderful to work with in every way. As a pastor for over 30 years I had a heightened level of expectation now as the father of the bride who was also doing the service. KRR delivered in every level. Trust is a word often tossed around lightly in our shallow world today, but KRR displays an "Old School" style of trustworthiness. We traveled over 400 miles to be with family that drove in from Houston and Dallas so the trust we placed in David over the phone was well placed. We are still revelling in the joy of the event and venue days later.

This is a wonderful venue with beautiful, rugged scenery and the pictures on the website are what you will see in person (according to the season of course).

I cannot say enough good things about KRR! I have been in many venues over the years and nobody has done it better than KRR!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Cathy · Married on 05/04/2017

This venue was absolutely the best! What a magical evening at KRR, the wedding was perfect thanks to David and Willem! The ceremony site, King Barn, and the house for the wedding party to get ready, allowed us to have such a memorable day. Beautiful setting on the Perdernales river with breathtaking views, provided the perfect setting for our special day. Hands down the best venue in the hill country!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

OH MY GOODNESS!! We have so much to say about King River Ranch, so I'll just start from the beginning. When we were looking our venue, we looked at probably 15, picking up pieces of what we liked from each one. When we got to King River Ranch, we were blown away because it rolled all of what we envisioned together! The house to get ready in was ADORABLE and had a great space for both the guys and girls (so many venues lack a good space for the guys to get ready/hang out, but KRR didn't forget the guys!) The ceremony site was a DREAM! Beautiful field and river as the background, gorgeous stairway leading down. You won't need much decor as it is so naturally beautiful! The walk to the reception barn is surrounded by a field with sheep, mini donkeys, and horses! How fun! Then the barn, WOW! This barn is truly stunning and was the perfect space for us to enjoy our night with our family and friends. Our wedding was beautiful, all of our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the setting was!

I cannot thank David and Willem enough for all of their help both during the planning process and the weekend of. David was so easy to communicate with and was quick to respond to all of our (many) emails. The team out at King River Ranch truly wants to make your wedding weekend special and memorable, and will work with you to make it incredible! Please go out and take a tour, you won't want to look anywhere else!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/02/2017

King River Ranch, and the owner David Hahn, made our wedding day into a real life fairytale come true! We fell in love with the beautiful venue when we toured it! It is located in the middle of the hill country, and is just breathtaking. When we dreamed of the setting we wanted for our wedding, this was exactly what we had in mind, plus so much more! We hired David for our design and florals as well, and he is amazing at what he does, and it was so nice to have everything "in-house." I couldn't of imagined anything more perfect for our wedding day! David truly cares about the couples, and will bend over backwards to make sure it is everything you've dreamed of! We couldn't be more thankful to David and to King River Ranch for making all of our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/01/2017

My husband and I could not be more thankful that we chose King River Ranch as our wedding venue. The space is absolutely gorgeous - pictures do not do it justice! David was so easy to work with - very organized, would answer any questions we had and met with us at the venue on multiple occasions prior to the wedding. We got married on April 1st and there were bluebonnets and other wildflowers on the premises - this definitely made for beautiful pictures for both us and our guests! David (Willem-Aiden) can also handle the flowers/decor on site - which makes everything run very smoothly. Also, his designs are amazing - you just have to tell him what you like and sit back and let him work his magic! On multiple occasions after the wedding people told me it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to - this was all thanks to David's very unique and inspiring designs! I would recommend David/the venue to anyone - thanks David!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Suzanne · Married on 01/21/2017

Wow! What an experience. I really don't know where to begin to rave about this venue. I only give it 5 stars because there are no more stars to give…

This venue is simply incredible!! I cannot express how amazingly beautiful, breathtaking and magical this place is. We knew from the first moment we stepped onto the property that this was the place. The facilities, including the house on the property, reception barn, and ceremony location overlooking the Pedernales, are absolutely stunning. My husband and I were married at King River Ranch on 1/21/2017, and it was the perfect start to our marriage. The guests' minds were blown.

Most importantly, David (Owner) is an absolute PRO. As I read through his reviews, I can see I’m not the only one who recognizes what a blessing and amazing talent he is. He made the planning process so simple, seamless and fun. He truly has a gift for turning your vision into reality and making your wedding dreams come true. I would highly recommend using David for your floral and event design – he is simply the best. So many of my guests raved about how beautiful the décor and floral arrangements were. I still get chills thinking of how amazing my ceremony site and reception looked…David somehow created an even better version of what I had always dreamed of. You can relax when you hire David because he never fails to deliver.

I am proud and fortunate to have had the opportunity to get married at King River Ranch and to meet David and his sweet family. The wedding might be over but David will be a life-long friend!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Jordan · Married on 01/07/2017

This venue is fabulous!! Romantic and rustic, secluded yet only a half hour drive to Fredericksburg. Many of our guests toured the wineries surrounding the venue and LOVED the whole experience. From the luxurious farmhouse to the riverside terrace to the intimate barn, KRR has it all!! David is wonderful to work with and is willing to be as involved or as hands-off as you desire. He was our florist, and his arrangements, from my bouquet to the dramatic flower arch, were better than I could have ever imagined!! This venue helped make our wedding day the most magical day of our lives. My husband and I were married in January, and the temperature was not ideal. Yet, David and his team worked hard to make the terrace comfortable, buying heaters for the terrace and keeping the barn nice and warm and cozy for our guests after the ceremony. Look no further than this venue! Highly recommend <3

Sent on 01/31/2017

Jill · Married on 11/12/2016

Beautiful venue, great service. Everyone LOVED it

Sent on 02/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

King River Ranch was the first place we went out and looked at, and it ended up being the only place. We booked it that day. It was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony site, the guys/girls house, the King Barn and all the beautiful, natural landscape was just perfect. We thought everything couldn't be more perfect...and then we met David, the owner. My wedding was almost a month ago and I still get a little emotional when I think about how wonderful David and his sweet family are. Once the wedding day had arrived, I have to say we felt more like friends and family than clients. David did everything he possibly could to make our dreams come true. We also used David for our floral arrangements and decorations, and we were so glad we did - he really is the best in his trade. The day of the wedding me and my husband got to walk into the reception before our guests, and I think both of our jaws dropped to the floor. I'll never forget how magical everything looked. I don't know how he did it, but it represented us perfectly. Several of my guests came up and told me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to. And I know we did not spend as much as so many other people do!!! David is professional, compassionate, sympathetic, patient, extremely talented and easy to communicate with! I cannot imagine a better place to get married. I'm so grateful that we will look back on our wedding with so many more beautiful memories than we ever expected to. King River Ranch is a very special place.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Anne · Married on 10/08/2016

We could not have chosen a more beautiful venue, and cannot say enough about our experience working with the owner David! One of our biggest priorities for the wedding weekend was creating an event where our friends and family could spend lots of time together, both relaxing and partying. King River Ranch was perfect for both. Although our wedding was in the evening, we had access to the site all day, and even used the house to host a casual bridesmaids' lunch. Having everything located at a single site made the day more stress-free, but we still had the benefit of so many different beautiful settings: the house for hanging out and getting ready (with separate sides for bride's and groom's parties), the riverfront terrace that we used for the ceremony, and of course the elegant and simple barn that we used for the reception. The site was also the perfect setting for our wedding portraits. The planning process was a joy with David. We used his company, Willem-Aidan, for florals and decoration. I have very strong opinions about what I like and don't, but was not able to express or define specifically what I wanted. David worked diligently to understand my preferences, and did an incredible job creating exactly the look and feel I had in mind but had been unable to articulate. He also had great ideas for cost-savings (like putting money into the centerpieces on the central long table but using very simple, small, and all green arrangements on the other tables). The result was magical! Warm, wild, intimate, casual and elegant all in one.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Domingo & Melissa · Married on 07/02/2016

King River Ranch is a truly amazing venue! We searched throughout the Texas Hill Country when trying to find a venue site for our July 2016 wedding. When we met David Hahn and toured the ranch we knew immediately that we had found not only our location but had found the perfect person to help us make our dream wedding a reality. Anyone that is considering choosing King River Ranch as your event site will not be disappointed! Five star rating all the way! Thank you again to David and his sons for all the hard work and love you poured into our wedding! Domingo & Melissa

Sent on 08/27/2016

Claire · Married on 05/07/2016

Oh my word.... THIS IS AN AMAZING VENUE!!!!! My (then) fiance & I visited the venue back in November at their grand opening. When we drove up, we were so nervous this venue would already be booked but luckily they had our desired date available!! Very rare for this area, but I guess we snagged it with it still being so new. We got married at the beginning of May, and wow... What a dream! David Hahn (the owner) and his two sons were beyond helpful and I can't say THANK YOU enough! It was truly a HUGE help when I felt like such a scatter-brained bride! David was great with communication during our entire engagement, and that was very beneficial for my 27 million questions. He was gracious, positive and enjoyable to be around. Very willing to help however he could. He genuinely seemed to want the day to go as perfect as I wanted. It helped that I had beautiful weather, but aside from that- the barn is stunning, the animals were fun to have, the bridal/groom quarters were perfect and the ceremony altar created a beautiful focal point :) Loved, loved, loved getting to have our wedding at King River Ranch and it really lived up to our expectations & dreams. Book now, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Christine · Married on 04/30/2016

I do not have enough words to express how happy I am that our daughter found this wonderful venue! Love King River Ranch! Our daughter was married here on 4-30-16 and it couldn't have been more perfect! The venue is gorgeous! David Hahn is great to work with. He was very accommodating to make the special day just perfect! Absolutely breathtaking venue along the Pedernales River in Johnson City, Texas. Great Hill Country Wedding Venue!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Amy · Married on 04/30/2016

I truly cannot say enough good things about King River Ranch and the Hahn family who own it. It's very obvious how much David and his sons have poured themselves into making this venue what it is- PERFECT. David was more than accommodating every step of the way and is someone who truly wants couples to have the most amazing wedding day and will lend himself in whatever way in order to achieve that. My guests loved the setting of our reception- enjoying cocktails by the Pedernales River then moving to the barn. That barn- WOW. Talk about the perfect Hill Country setting. As someone who loves a little glam the chandeliers and scones plus our décor made it the perfect glam + rustic setting I wanted. My husband and I are more than grateful to have had our wedding here. Thank you, King River Ranch!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Trisha · Married on 04/23/2016

Amazingly beautiful venue! It was my dream wedding! Gorgeous barn and breathtaking views of the Pedernales river! Couldn't have asked for a better day!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

King River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much! You will always be very near and dear to our hearts, not just because you were our first couple to wed here but because you are both amazingly kind people. We're so glad you found each other.