Kim's Cottage Confections Reviews

Kim's Cottage Confections 1
Kim's Cottage Confections 2
Kim's Cottage Confections 3

Jackie N. · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful work with great flavor!

Kim was very friendly and easy to work with. We scheduled a cake tasting with her a few months before our June wedding and her flavors were on point! We ended up choosing a marble cake having cannoli filling with buttercream frosting and it did not disappoint. The cake turned out very beautiful, tasted great, and arrived to our venue on time without any problems. Thank you again!

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Kim's Cottage Confections 4

Kim's Cottage Confections's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jackie! We loved working with you - the design you selected complimented your wedding style perfectly. We are so happy we could sweeten your special day - Happiness always! Kim
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/25/2019

Easy Decision

Loved working with Kim, she made the cake-choosing fun and easy! The cake we choose as well as our Groom's cake came out just as we had wanted. Kim was also flexible in working with us from the opposite coast, and even came in right around Christmastime to make sure we could get for our tasting. I can't wait to eat that cake top in another year...

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Kim's Cottage Confections 5
  • Dara

Dara · Married on 03/30/2019

Kim was amazing, and so were the sweets!

From the minute we met Kim and had our tasting, we knew it was the perfect match! We wanted something a little different, and she made wonderful suggestions. We had cupcakes and a perfect size cake just for cutting. Last minute we decided to add some cookies and she was very flexible. Everyone has been raving about the cupcakes ever since our event!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Tara · Married on 08/18/2018

Our cake was amazing and they were very helpful during the tasting and accommodating. I would definitely recommend using them.

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Kim's Cottage Confections 6
  • F

Fiona · Married on 07/27/2018

Kim provided the most wonderful cakes for our wedding day! We went to meet Kim at her shop and were immediately blown away by how lovely and friendly she was! She took the the time to guide us through options and had so many pieces of cake available for our tasting! As soon as she said cannoli cake and we put it in our mouths...we were sold!! Kim worked with us on the design of our cake and was so efficient at communicating throughout the whole process. On the day, Kim also provided an amazing little box of treats for our guests that had gluten/dairy allergies and we were so impressed by this. We found Kim through our venue and I am so glad we had the option of someone so talented and lovely to fill our bellies with such delicious cake!!!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2017

We met with a few vendors when it came to our Wedding Cake and Kim was by far our absolute favorite. We honestly knew within seconds of meeting her that Kim’s Cottage Confections was going to be our choice. All of our guests have been talking about how amazing our cake flavors were since our wedding and we were beyond impressed. It looked gorgeous and was exactly what we described/discussed with her, and everything was absolutely perfect. Kim is very professional, responsive, flexible with busy schedules and incredibly sweet!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Abigail · Married on 10/15/2017

We used Kim's for our Riverhouse wedding 10/15/17. We met with her, and she was able to pull our vision for our wedding cake right out of our heads and make it a reality. The cake flavors were so delicious, and it looked beautiful! We can't wait to eat the top on our first anniversary!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married at The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station and worked with Kim to create our vision for a cupcake table and our mini-cake that we could cut during the reception. Everything turned out great and was really delicious! We went with hazelnut amaretto as the flavor for our cake! :) - great variety of flavors to pick from!

Sent on 10/01/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

I had my wedding at the Society Room in Hartford and used Kim's Cottage Confections for my cake. I was very happy with how my cake came out and the experience I had there. The tasting was wonderfully set up, organized, and comfortable. I had a naked white cake with strawberry mousse, it came out beautiful and was delicious!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Lisa · Married on 07/08/2017

Without a doubt one of the most beautiful wedding cakes we have seen, not only was it gorgeous but the two flavored we picked for the four layer wedding cake were delicious!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Diane · Married on 07/01/2017

We got our wedding cake from Kim's Cottage Confections and we are so glad we did! The cake turned out beautifully - it was exactly what I was hoping for, with a beautiful fading blue to match our theme. We bought our own cake topper which was artfully put on the cake on the day of our wedding. And most importantly, the cake was delicious! There were so many great flavors to choose from, and the cake was very moist - I wish I had more! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Kim's Cottage Confections's reply:

Thank you Diane - what a lovely review. I enjoyed working with you - my heartfelt wishes for happiness always - Kim

Brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

The cake that Kim made as part of our Riverhouse catering package was beautiful! From the moment I met with Kim to try some cake samples, I knew that she was the right cake vendor for us. She took time to understand my vision for our wedding cake and completely executed on that vision. Our cake was simple and elegant and matched our color scheme perfectly. Not to mention, it was delicious! I highly recommend Kim!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Alessandra · Married on 11/26/2016

Kim is awesome! We met with her a few weeks before the wedding to taste the cake and everything was delicious. I showed her a picture from Pinterest that I liked and she made it come true.

We actually had 2 flavors and they were both delicious. We don't like butter cream and she was very accommodating in making both types of cakes with a mousse and cream cheese base.

Thank you!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Marissa · Married on 11/05/2016

We loved working with Kim's Cottage Confections. The tasting was incredible and they were extremely flexible with us. We made some changes to our cake last minute and Kim delivered! We were so pleased with the quality of the cake and received numerous compliments on it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Kim did an amazing job and made everything so easy. Plus is was DELICIOUS! Highly Highly recommend Kim's Cottage.

Sent on 08/23/2016
  • S + D

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect and so delicious! Everyone loved it. Our tasting was delicious and Kim worked with us to design exactly the type of cake we wanted. Plus, when we later added some additional details, she did a wonderful job incorporating our additional requests. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Cara · Married on 07/03/2016

Kim is incredibly professional and personable! She was very easy to work with and created the perfect wedding cake to fit out Great Gatsby theme! The cake was beautiful as well as delicious! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

Kim's was one of the bakery included in my venue. If they weren't included I would still have chosen them to make my wedding cake. I was very impressed with their professionalism when we went for our tasting appointment. She had her samples prepared and ready, all fresh and fabulous tasting. We chose the lemon cake with raspberry and white mouse filling. Absolutely delicious. The wedding cake tasted exactly the same as the samples we tasted and were fresh. Also, I wanted one of the sections of the cake to be metallic silver. Other bakers told me it was not possible. Kim's worked with me and made it work to give me the cake of my dreams.

Sent on 07/31/2016

The cake Kim made was part of the package for my wedding. I met Kim at my venue's food tasting and enjoyed her cake designs the best out of the vendors there. I called her after the tasting to set up an appointment time with her. I had a few ideas of what I wanted and brought them with me. For the consultation we first went over the different cake flavors. I am not a sweet-tooth type of person by any means so Kim made sure to point out the more savory cakes that she thought I would like. My husband came with me to the tasting since he enjoys sweets way more than me. He enjoyed all the cakes and as Kim predicted I enjoyed the more savory ones she brought out. She was very professional and courteous. Once we decided on the flavors (we went with double chocolate and a lemon cake with raspberry filling) we moved on to the design. Kim had a detailed sheet with her so as we talked and I showed her pictures of what I liked, she took notes and made sure to ask detailed questions. She answered all my questions about the cake topper and decorations. I found her to be very professional and willing to spend as much time as needed with me and my husband. The cake was exactly what I asked for in terms of the design. The flavor and cake itself was absolutely amazing and delicious. Very moist and flavorful.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kim's Cottage Confections's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! I am so touched that you took the time to share your experience! Best wishes for a wonderful future! Kim

Katie · Married on 10/23/2015

We absolutely loved our wedding cake. We were able to incorporate two different flavors and Kim was able to capture our vision of elegance. The tasting was fun and Kim was incredibly professional. We would definitely recommend her if you are getting married in CT!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Teresa · Married on 09/18/2015

Kim's Cottage Confection worked perfect for us. The staff was extra friendly and helpful. They listened to too us, and provided some great suggestions that made the cake even more special. The cake was delicious, and looked absolutely amazing. We would recommend Kim's Cottage Confections to anyone looking for a cake in the CT area.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Miranda · Married on 08/01/2015

LOVED our wedding cake! The staff was informative and helpful in the design process. Our cake was perfect and exactly what we were looking for. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Suzanne · Married on 06/27/2015

Kim's cottage confections exceeded our expectations! Not only was my daughter's wedding cake beautiful to look at it was just as delicious. She was so professional but also made us feel like we were part of her family. She came through on everything we asked of her! She has a wide variety of different and delicious wedding favors and a nice variety of flavors for the cake. She is very talented and creative. I can't say enough about our experience with Kim' Cottage Confections!!!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Kara · Married on 06/06/2015

Kim was extremely accommodating and met us after hours one night in her shop, with fresh samples of very different flavors. We chose a lemon cake with raspberry fruit filling for one flavor and the second was chocolate chip/raspberry swirl cake with raspberry mousse filling. They were DELICIOUS, our guests are still talking about the creative flavors, the display, and how fresh the cake was.

During our free consultation, Kim listened to what we had to say and talked through our many ideas, taking bits and pieces of what we liked and bringing it together in the design. In the final design, she brought our wedding theme, which was rustic charm, into our cake and our cake table display, which made the event that much more special.

Working with Kim, I had nothing to worry about and I would recommend Kim’s Cottage Confections to anyone looking for delicious cake and great customer service.

Sent on 11/12/2015