Kimpton Everly Hotel Reviews

3 | Los Angeles, CA

3 Reviews for Kimpton Everly Hotel

Katie Aldrin · Married on 09/11/2019

Perfect Hotel for a Room Block!

The Kimpton Everly is the best! My husband and I did a room block at the hotel for our wedding, and had a wonderful time!

One look at the hotel's website shows you how beautiful all of the spaces are -- from the gorgeous lobby bar to the rooftop pool with a view. All of our guests told us how much they loved the hotel -- and its daily complimentary wine hour!

While you do have to guarantee a minimum number of rooms to secure a room block, the group reservation team was graciously flexible about letting us start off with a conservative number of rooms and adding more rooms to the group code as needed. They were also able to consolidate reservations for guests who stayed additional nights outside of the room block and coordinate the handout of our welcome bags.

We also held our Sunday brunch on The Everly's Skydeck. It was beautiful and the food was delicious -- from the avocado toast to the bacon to the grapefruit mimosas. It was a great experience and wrap-up to the weekend for all of our guests!

Overall, our experience with The Everly was that the employees were incredibly friendly at all levels and willing to help accommodate us for whatever we needed -- from reserving a room in the lobby to take our wedding photos to having static cling spray on-hand for when my veil was sticking to my dress. I would definitely recommend booking your hotel block here!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Dana · Married on 08/17/2018

We held our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception at the Kimpton this past August and booked a block of rooms for our out-of-town guests.

The service the whole weekend was awesome. We especially appreciated the thoughtful celebratory touches including the champagne, the wine, cheese plate, and the sweets that were sent to our room- it definitely made us feel extra special that weekend.

We had our rehearsal dinner in one of the meeting rooms. The ambiance was great for our small gathering of people and everyone said they enjoyed the dinner- we had a taco bar and veggie platters, which fed aprox. 30 people. The hotel was also very accommodating in letting us bring in a cake for my mother-in-law's birthday for a small cake cutting fee. We also were able to bring in our own AV equipment at no extra charge. We then moved the party to the rooftop deck for the welcome reception. The rooftop deck and the pool area was such a cool venue to have everyone hang out the night before the wedding! Everyone raved about the grilled cheese station and the desserts that we had for our guests. The views from the deck are especially cool with all the lights during the night time. Our guests also enjoyed the bar area and Jane Q, the restaurant down in the lobby area.

The one thing I would provide constructive criticism around is improving communication between the event staff and the front desk/valet staff. Several times during the weekend, it seemed like the people working the front desk/valet staff were unfamiliar with the fact that a big party was staying there for a wedding (for example, the valet staff did not know we had already paid for parking and they tried charging our guests for it although it had been taken care of already). After having done so much planning and arranging several events with the hotel to ensure the quality of our guests' stay for the weekend, this was a little frustrating.

Overall we had a great weekend! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • I

Ina · Married on 11/04/2017

We hosted our rehearsal dinner and henna party on the rooftop terrace last November (2017). In doing some research, I found the hotel before they even opened, in their last few weeks of construction. We ended up looking at the space when it was still a hard hat zone, and immediately loved it. The hotel is beautiful, modern and hip, but still retains the high level of Kimpton service that you don't always find at other establishments. We could not have been happier with the event. The staff was exceptionally organized, communicative and friendly. Their team executed everything perfectly, and to be honest... we may have been even more satisfied with this event that we ended up being with our wedding day! The food was delicious, the space was perfect. I can't say enough good things about it and look forward to hosting more events there in the future.

Sent on 10/04/2018