69 Reviews for Kim Kirkley, Celebrant & Modern Minister

Civil Union (1)
Baptist (1)
No Denomination (1)
69 Kim Kirkley, Celebrant & Modern Minister Reviews

Kim made our wedding over the top with her warm loving touch of professionalism. Her ceremony was so personable that we felt like she had known us all our lives!! Thank you again Kim!!

Profile Picture Avia, 1/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We can not say thank you to Kim K. enough! What a wonderful wonderful ceremony!!!! You blew us and the entire room away!!!
We highly recommend Kim! She is thoughtful, professional and extremely good at what she does.

Profile Picture tasha, 11/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Married July 2017: After researching for some time an African American, female officiant I was fortunate enough to find THEE Officiant, Kim Kirkley. From the initial consult to the premarital counseling sessions to the wedding, Kim was phenomenal! My favorite part of the whole process was the Premarital Counseling Sessions. We purchased a package that included 3 sessions. I am a big believer in counseling in general but wasn't really sure what to expect from the PCS. I have been with my husband for 10 years before we tied the knot and one would think I would know him well and there isn't much left to discover. Well, I was wrong. Not only did I learn more about my husband but the sessions brought us CLOSER! I cannot recommend her sessions HIGHLY ENOUGH!!!! I am so grateful for the work she did with us, which ultimately led to a beautiful ceremony. Icing on the cake, we received feedback from our guests and they said they had never been to such a "personalized" ceremony before / they normally tune out but were "engaged" the whole time. We connected with Kim so much, we invited her to attend the Reception (and she did!) :o) Kim is a beautiful person inside and out and it comes through in each interaction you have with her. We are truly blessed to have had Kim officiant our ceremony. Thank you Kim!

Profile Picture Raechelle, 7/20/17, 18 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Civil Union

Kim Kirkley advertised herself as a wedding officiant. The honest truth is, she was that and quite a bit more. Kim became a friend, a confidant, a mentor and a counselor to us prior to our union as husband and wife. She offered us counseling sessions as part of her package, and I immediately thought, “well, we don’t need any counseling.” As it happens, Kim’s sessions were extremely helpful in improving communication and understanding between my husband and I. The amount of energy and time that Kim invests in her couples is astounding and goes a long way. We could not be happier or have received more compliments about our ceremony thanks to Kim. She is caring, genuine, detail oriented and a true professional. We highly recommend using Kim as an officiant!

Profile Picture Irim, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was such a pleasure to work with. She was thorough, pleasant, and she made our wedding ceremony unique and personal to us. She even followed up with us after the wedding to make sure the marriage license was processed. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to get married.

Profile Picture Yolanda, 4/28/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Baptist

Kim was the most wonderful, grounding & supportive presence for us on this day. We had so much craziness happen in terms of timing & she was so open & accepting of us & our guests. This was a destination ceremony for us, & unfortunately our fiancé visa took longer than expected to be processed. However we decided that we wanted to go ahead with the ceremony, & adjust it to a commitment ceremony so we could continue to celebrate & mark our commitment to one another in the spirit of what the day is truly about. Kim was open to assisting us with that & helping to create memories we will cherish for years to come!
Then when our visa is processed we can easily go down to the courthouse & do the paper work.. But she was so supportive in helping us celebrate our spiritual & emotional connection to each other.
We had approached her months ahead of time & she was so responsive & clear in communication. Especially because this was a destination ceremony, Kim Skyped with us, emailed us & was happy to talk on the phone too!

She let us have complete access & control over our ceremony script & on the day, her delivery of it was so earthy, committed & present. She really connected with all of us. Our guests loved her energy too & for us, she was the most perfect, grounding strength in officiating our Love to one another.
She really understood us, our personalities & what the day means! I would recommend her to anyone & everyone who is in NYC!

Profile Picture Sabryna, 7/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My partner and I wanted to get married in the best place in the world for a wedding - New York City! We searched on New York websites for someone who would be willing to marry us. Kim's reviews were glowing, and she promptly responded to our enquiry - unlike some other celebrants who did not reply to us reliably. Kim is courteous, encouraging, supporting and life-affirming. Our arrangements were relatively simple, being so far from home (Australia) and having a small gathering, but Kim made everything as smooth as possible, and all her helpful advice ensured that everything went very well. The ceremony was beautiful, Kim has great presence and you can sense the joy inside her when she speaks! We had a lovely, emotional ceremony and we could not have chosen a better person. To anyone in Australia who is considering getting married overseas, because some of us are not allowed to here, consider New York City and Kim Kirkley.

Profile Picture Paul, 12/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I were extremely happy with the ceremony Ms Kirkley performed. It was tailored to suit us and incorporated personal details that touched both of us. We definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Bruce, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

This is a well deserved review that I only wish I was able to write sooner. Almost a year ago, my husband and I were frantically searching for an officiant to marry us in NY. After following up on a recommendation by my wedding planner, I was so blessed to have found Kim Kirkley. She is an officiant based out of Brooklyn, NY (my hometown) and an alumnus of the college I too graduated from. It was clearly meant to be! I was planning the wedding in NYC while living out of state, my husband was stationed with the Navy in Sicily. Yet Kim patiently worked out how to effectively communicate with us so despite the difference in time zones, we could all be on the same page. She first had a couple of phone chats with the both of us to learn our history and get a feel for what made Us Us. We joked and laughed and confided and really got to know each other. Kim then sent samples of wedding ceremonies for us to go through and select which styles complimented the message we wanted to convey that day. After that, she drew up a version of our ceremony and allowed us to read and re-read. She encouraged critiques and was open to revisions, and more revisions until we were satisfied. It was nice to have the ceremony before hand so my husband and I could practice before the big day and work out those nerves! In hindsight it's very nice to look at now almost a year later as well. Everyone at the wedding commented on how warm, heartfelt and friendly the ceremony felt. Almost as if Kim had known us for years. My husband and I were very satisfied with all she provided. It was a beautiful, fun, and romantic ceremony- it reflected us as a couple perfectly, exactly what we wanted!

Profile Picture Carla, 3/30/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Kim was God sent to us. We were dead set on a different officiant but things didnt work out and we were skeptical of anyone else. From the moment we sat down with Reverend Kim, we felt her love and eagerness to please us in anyway she can. She performed a beautiful ceremony for us and our family was in awe of her as well. Thank you Reverend Kim for making our day extra special. We appreciate everything you did to make our day extra special!

Profile Picture Davone, 12/23/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kim was truly wonderful. We felt a connection with her very quickly during our first meeting. She was fantastic at getting a true sense of who we are as individuals and as a couple. Her approach to creating a unique ceremony that reflects the couple getting married was comfortable and engaging from beginning to end. Everyone commented on how amazing the ceremony was. We could not have asked for better. Kim was everything we hoped she'd be and more!

Profile Picture Ginny, 12/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was warm, friendly and a true professional. She was a great listener and gave us helpful feedback during our process. You get the feeling that you have known her for a long time and her delivery at the ceremony includes many personal touches. I could rely on Kim getting back to me promptly and she was very thorough. Many guests commented positively to the ceremony. Her confidence in knowing exactly what she was doing and her warm delivery made it memorable. I highly recommend meeting with Kim to see if you are the perfect match!

Profile Picture Gee, 10/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim met with us for about an hour and answered a series of question to help her get to know us. After taking copious notes she got back to us with a first draft of the ceremony that was so spot on, we only had two minor changes. She arrived at the wedding venue as we were arriving an hour before the ceremony and did a brief run- through with us. Here delivery of the ceremony could not have been better. Some of our guests told us theft had determined they would not cry, but they did anyway. Guest we have seen in the weeks since our wedding are still raving about how beautiful it was. We would heartily recommend Kim to anyone seeking a unique and poignant, beautifully ceremony. -- John and Phil

Profile Picture Phil Burgess, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was absolutely amazing - she's highly recommended. We had been renovating our house for months, with the wedding due to be held in our backyard, and the contractors had been awful which resulted in our stress levels reaching ridiculously high levels and consequently our relationship deteriorating quite badly. With 4 weeks to go we still hadn't finalized a celebrant and we found Kim - thankfully! She bicycled over to our house and we sat in the backyard and started asking us questions about ourselves - how we met, what we loved & respected about each other etc. What started as an awkward conversation due to where we were emotionally, helped to reground us and remember all the wonderful things that we loved about each other and why we were getting married. Tears, hugs and laughter later we were back on track and feeling very positive. Over the next week she worked with us to turn our answers to her questions into a very person ceremony, which we refined via email and phone. On the day of the ceremony Kim was fantastic - she is loving, warm & takes great joy in joining two people together in marriage. We're grateful that we found her and that she was able to be a part of the start of the rest of our lives together!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/1/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you are looking for a unique ceremony done with the utmost professionalism and love, please have Kim as your officiant. She was extremely patient and helpful every step of the the way. Our wedding was 5 months ago and my guests are still talking about the ceremony!

Profile Picture Estefania, 9/24/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kim Kirkley combines warmth and kindness with impeccable professionalism. Her presence was a crucial and beautiful part of our wedding from the first stages of planning through the unforgettable ceremony. She has now officiated at two very different weddings in our immediate family, and I recommend her work with all my heart.

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't say enough about how much both my husband and I enjoyed working with Kim Kirkley. From our first meeting we felt extremely comfortable and connected to her and her approach. We knew almost immediately that we had found the perfect Celebrant to make our wedding day as special and as personal as we had envisioned.

Guided by Kim, we were able to create an extremely honest and personal story that reflected who we were as a couple and as individuals. This story was woven beautifully into a dialogue between ourselves and our guests that revealed not only the essence of our 'love story' but also described each of our personalities and life journey.

Profile Picture colleen, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was an absolute pleasure....my now husband and I fell in love with her instantly when we first met her. She got to know us and what it was we wanted to portray and share with our guests on our big day. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and filled with tears of joy...it was the perfect day!

Profile Picture Janelle, 3/19/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kim was the officiant at our wedding on 11/12/2010. Not only was she a model of professionalism, she also delivered a great ceremony that truly helped us capture who we are as a couple. One of the things we said after it was all said & done was that if we had it to do all over again, we would want Kim to officiate- hands down. Kim is not only a good at what she does, she is a terrific human being and her positive energy comes through during your meeting with her and at the ceremony. She is a lovely person to know and we are proud to say she married us.
~Erika & Jamaal

Profile Picture Erika, 11/12/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was extremely caring and always responded to your questions promptly! She put our minds at ease and was very personable!

Profile Picture Sandra , 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim was available and responsive to everything. She made us comfortable and made sure we were ready for the ceremony. She also read the ceremony beautifully. Kim is highly recommended by my wife and myself. Thanks Kim.

Profile Picture douglas, 11/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you are looking for someone personal, caring, friendly, professional and experienced to officiae your wedding, then Kim is your person. She is not like any other. Pictures hold memories dear to the heart, but so will your wedding service officiated by Kim.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kim Kirkley is a fantastic Officiant, we live in England but were married in New York and Kim answered all our queries beforehand and was so helpful in helping us decide on a location, time, transport arrangements etc, nothing was too much trouble for her, she answered all questions quickly and made me feel very at ease, she was amazing!
The ceremony itself was beautiful - she was so professional but also really enthusiastic and passionate and made the ceremony exciting, emotional and memorable. All our friends and family commented on how great she was and how they had never been to such an enjoyable and heart warming service.
If you are looking for an Officiant for your wedding, I urge you to go with Kim, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Claire, 10/23/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I saw Kim officiate a wedding several years ago and I thought at that moment, that if I was ever lucky enough to get married, I would have to find her. A few weeks ago I was so happy to have Kim officiate my wedding, and I could not have ben more delighted. Not only was she absolutely perfect for me and my husband, but everyone who attended mentioned how wonderful she was. Her energy is just so special and full of love and joy, everyone was smiling ear to ear. Kim is a beautiful person and helped us have the wedding of our dreams. If you have the opportunity to have Kim officiate your wedding, do it! I am sure you will be so glad you did.

Profile Picture Adele, 9/25/10, 1 Review