Kickin' Aspen Entertainment Reviews

Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 3
Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 4
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome DJ. We are beyond thrilled with our experience with Ronnie.

Ronnie was unbelievable. We couldn’t have asked for a more professional, personable and talented DJ. The timeline was perfect, his suggestions were spot on, and he read the crowd perfectly all night. We keep getting compliments on the DJ from all our guests. He killed it!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Brad

Brad Henderson · Married on 09/07/2019

Look No Further than Kickin Aspen Entertainment!

Our experience working with Kickin Aspen Entertainment was a fantastic one! We had no idea how important a quality DJ would be for our wedding until we started working with Ronnie. He was instrumental in helping us with our day-of schedule. He spent at least 2 hours with us developing the timeline for our big day, which as we approached our wedding day we realized we clearly hadn't clearly articulated.

The most reassuring thing he told us was that; "If anything doesn't go as planned, and we need to amend the schedule to accommodate, the only people that will know something isn't going as planned is you, the vendor that screwed up, and your DJ." It was so comforting to know that Ronnie would keep our guests entertained while things got back on track. Luckily for us, the only schedule adjustment that was necessary was extending the party for 30 minutes because our guests were having too much fun on the dance floor to end the party.

From coordinating with the other vendors, helping to keep the schedule on track, nailing the right songs at the right time, and crafting the perfect blend of music based on the few sample songs that we sent over, to above all making sure that we knew exactly where we needed to be and when, Kickin Aspen Entertainment took so much stress off our plate so that we could enjoy our wedding day.

Huge thank you to Ronnie and his team, you guys knocked it out of the park for us. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you guys, THANK YOU! To anyone looking for a quality DJ reading this review, look no further!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

April · Married on 09/30/2018

Ronnie was amazing! He was so helpful even before we had the wedding. He was always returned our calls, kept us in the loop for everything and even made sure we got everything we wanted. Our families loved him and the music he played for us.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/17/2018

DJ Ronnie played a hugely important role in our wedding from planning to execution. He helped set the timeline to encourage the tone we wanted—fun and dancy. He customized songs for our ceremony and first dance perfectly. He cared about our wedding being everything we wanted and didn’t rush through any part of the process. He went out of his way to meet with us as many times as necessary to make us feel confident and answer all our questions. Our wedding was an absolute blast and it is without a doubt thanks to Ronnie! We highly recommend Ronnie and Kickin Aspen Entertainment for your event!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Dan · Married on 02/03/2018

Ronnie was great - he went far above and beyond, not only giving us the perfect musical background for every part of our wedding, but also was very helpful when we were creating the wedding timeline. We loved him, our guests loved him, all the other vendors loved him. We can't recommend Kickin' Aspen strongly enough!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Jessica · Married on 01/01/2018

I am an Event Coordinator in CO. Having worked with multiple DJ's, I was thoroughly impressed with the level of service Ronnie provided. He was well prepared, professional, and maintained the energy of the reception perfectly. He got to know my clients well enough to know their taste in music and provided them with their ideal reception experience. I will go to him first for all future events.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Ellie · Married on 11/11/2017

I admit this is a very belated review as my wedding was in November, but better late than never, right?

My experience with having Ronnie as my wedding DJ was unique. He is actually dating one of my closest friends, and they were attending my wedding as guests. The week of the wedding, they flew into town (Miami from San Francisco) and my friend asked me what my music arrangements were. I had already booked an awesome band nearly a year before, and I was just going to plug music in and play a playlist when they were done (I had my wedding at my parent's house, so there were no time restrictions). Well, Ronnie had others plans... if I could get ahold of a few pieces of equipment, he was MORE than happy to DJ for the remainder of the wedding. WHAT?! Of course, my wedding band was able to provide some of the equipment and some other connections provided the rest. He spoke to a band member a few days before to get everything sorted out, and bam, I had a DJ to close out the night. Everyone thought he was phenomenal! Amazing music selection, rowdy crowd, and Ronnie's presence made my wedding night better than I even planned for, literally. Thank you so much Ronnie for doing what you do best and love - DJing at my wedding. I can't wait to hear you again!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Allison · Married on 10/08/2017

We worked with Ronnie for our fairytale wedding in Aspen, CO. First of all, Ronnie is the sweetest guy ever. He was so thorough with us. He helped us make a timeline, decide on activities, he really went above and beyond for us. He even kept me calm during small moments of panic leading up to our big day. He is seriously the best, such an amazing person! His Dj skills are on point!! He kept our small crowd of about 22 people on the dance floor all night! He played what we wanted to play and used his experience to add songs and every body loved it. Everyone at our reception said he was the best DJ they had ever heard. They also said that our reception was the best party they had ever been to and I can’t help but credit Ronnie for that! I definitely feel we got an amazing value for what we paid. You will not be disappointed working with Ronnie!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Alexa · Married on 10/07/2017

Dj Ronnie was absolutely amazing for our wedding! He helped organize our whole wedding timeline as we wanted to keep our guests engaged and having fun the entire evening! We provided him with a long list of songs that me, my husband, my parents and our siblings loved and he played just about all of them. The flow of the entire night was perfect and I barely ever left the dance floor! He took song requests from our guests throughout the evening and played those as well. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the tempo of the evening, the music that was played and the energy in the whole room! Thank you so much for making our wedding spectacular!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/23/2017

Let's put it this way, if you want a top-notch DJ, HIRE RONNIE. I've planned tons of events and attended numerous weddings and, without a doubt, Ronnie is the best! He has a vast knowledge of music in every genre. He can easily read a crowd. He has the ability to change the mood or energy level instantaneously. He's a great MC (doesn't sit on the mic but also knows when he needs to engage the crowd). He doesn't play the same song for longer than one minute (unless it's a killer song and deserves more time). His transitions between songs are seamless so the crowd will never lose the beat. He's extremely friendly to your guests and plays requested songs. I could really go on and on. Choosing a DJ is probably the most difficult decision you'll have to make while planning your event bc you're expected to just "take their word". Being that music was very important to us, we knew we had to hire a quality DJ to satisfy our expectations. We were confident in Ronnie throughout the whole planning process and, after our wedding, all our guests said the most memorable part of our wedding was our DJ. Trust me on this, Ronnie IS THE BEST!

Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 5
    Sent on 10/22/2017

Alexa · Married on 10/08/2016

From the moment we first talked with Ronnie, we felt like he really "got us." With a smaller wedding (80 people), we were unsure whether or not we would be able to have that awesome dance party feel at our wedding. Ronnie knew exactly how to read our crowd and at one point in the night the party was so live we were getting thrown in the air. He knew when people needed to rest and when they wanted to jam out. We had multiple people come up to us during and after the reception making comments about how amazing he was. We couldn't agree more. Ronnie truly made our wedding the best night of our lives and we would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/02/2016

Ronnie was excellent to work with for our party and wedding.
    We had one meeting and a few phone calls to get the timeline and music organized for our pre-wedding party. He asked us to send him our favorite songs/band, which he played during the evening. He also took requests from guests. The flow of the music and the whole evening was perfect.
    Our actual wedding was in Oregon, which Ronnie wasn’t able to attend. But he went above and beyond to make us a long playlist with all our favorite songs, which we took with us.
    I highly recommend Ronnie for all your weddings and parties, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • F

Fernando · Married on 09/24/2016

Because of his punctuality, attentiveness, and dedication to your wedding, he made our wedding what it was. Extremely professional and will always take your phone call to discuss your ideas or concerns after the first few 'face to face' meetings. He is very accommodating and will make you feel like the most important person. He's GREAT at reading the crowd and keeping the fun level at an all time high the entire reception. No detail is too small or too big for him. There's only one clear choice for a DJ in aspen. Thank you again Ronnie for making our wedding so memorable.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Travis · Married on 09/01/2016

To put it bluntly, Ronnie is the guy you need during a wedding. While we are local to Colorado, we weren’t to the Aspen/Snowmass area. When we found Ronnie, we were still in the middle of sorting through the disparate pricing of regional vendors for flowers, photography, shuttles, dog sitting, you name it. Ronnie incredibly assisted us with many of these aspects of our day, even finding us a local dog sitter! As you can see, I didn’t lead off with ‘Ronnie the DJ’ because he goes beyond his advertised skillset. However, as a DJ, Ronnie is top notch. He is a DJ for the people at YOUR party. He isn’t a DJ that will play the music he wants to hear. Ronnie took our song list and then added structure and elaborated on our song titles for a complete track listing that people from their 20s to 60s complimented (and even asked for copies of the set list). Despite rain and weather, Ronnie was prepared and adapted and moved his tent and we kept the reception going.

Another important factor to us was the flow of our reception, Ronnie went over this at length with us and gave us his thoughts and then we thought and collaborated several times to develop the perfect schedule for our day. We didn’t feel this was a cookie cutter pre-planned, here-is-what-you-are-going-to-do, type of set-up. He truly cares enough to make each performance different and you can tell that in the effort he puts into keeping a stressful event in control. If you need a DJ, I can’t recommend him highly enough, he was one of those aspects of our wedding we didn’t have to micro-manage, and he ultimately helped us in ways beyond what we had hoped.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Aime · Married on 02/27/2016

My now husband and I are from Australia. We traveled all the way to the United States to be guests at a wedding in Aspen Colorado. We were deciding between a band or a DJ. Halfway through the wedding my fiancé and I decided that Ronnie was going to be the DJ for our wedding in Australia and he didn't know it yet. We talked to him at the end of the wedding party and exchange contact info.
    Fast forward one year later, 30 emails, 20 phone calls, 10 Skype sessions, it's really happening… Our big day is approaching and our DJ is coming all the way from Colorado.
    This is our first wedding (hopefully last) and there are so many things going on. After our Skype sessions and phone calls we had a clear picture of what was going to happen. He created the perfect timeline. He organized with the caterers, photographer, and videographer to make sure everybody was working together.
    Although we met Ronnie at another wedding, our wedding was completely ours. The music, timeline was created just for us. Our party was supposed to be over at 11 o'clock and we got shut down at 1 AM.
    Australia has never seen a wedding like this… We partied all night to the best music!

Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 6
    Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 7
    Kickin' Aspen Entertainment 8
    Sent on 12/30/2017

A+B · Married on 09/26/2015

Words cannot express how thankful and lucky we were to have DJ Ronnie in charge of our reception and dance party! Said ALL of our guests at the end of the night: "best DJ ever." First off, Ronnie is a kind, genuine, honest guy who clearly LOVES his job and makes it his priority to make sure that you and your guests are happy and having a great time. Second, he is a true professional. He was easy to communicate with, reliable, and obviously very talented. Several weeks after the wedding, our guests are STILL talking about how amazing Ronnie was - even the people that "don't dance" (riiight). Seriously, if you ever find yourself needing to organize a dance party for any reason, Ronnie is your guy, you won't regret it. Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kelley · Married on 09/24/2015

Ronnie is the best DJ you will find for your wedding. I contacted Kickin' Aspen last year regarding my wedding that took place last week and from the start, communication with him was flawless. Any question I had he was quick to respond. He was great at checking in during the weeks leading up to the wedding. It's one thing to communicate via phone and email, but I highly suggest meeting with Ronnie in person. My husband and I met with him and just hit it off! We went over the timeline and other logistical information, but Ronnie was really interested the music we wanted to hear and the flow of the night. I gave him a playlist of songs we needed to hear and songs that would be nice to hear, and he ran with it! Ronnie was at the reception early in the day to set up and make sure everything was perfect. We had a small 50 person wedding, but everyone at some point in the night was on the dance floor, even grandma! I didn't even make it to the bar that night because I was dancing the whole time with everyone! Ronnie felt the energy from the crowd and played what we wanted to hear. He's not going to play a song from the beginning to end, and then start a new one. He mixes and mashes and keeps surprising you, which is exactly what we wanted! He has amazing dance moves too! Everyone I talk to about the wedding always brings up Ronnie and how amazing he was! He has such a positive energy that radiates from him and through his music. We are beyond thankful for Ronnie and so happy to be friends with him. I just want to relive the night over and over because it was so amazing. It would not have been the same without our DJ. Thank you Ronnie!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Got several comments from wedding guests throughout the night about how great Ronnie was including "I was out of breath and sweating but couldn't sit down because the music was so good!". Kept the dance floor full all night. Also handled the first dance and father-daughter/mother-son dances well by inviting guests to join after ~30-45 seconds. Worked with us on arranging AV for the night too. Enthusiastic and good to work with - would definitely use him again!

Sent on 09/26/2015

DJ Ronnie was amazing! He went above and beyond DJ responsibilities to make sure our wedding was perfect! He treated us like we were family and even allowed my daughter to "guest DJ"! Couldn't have asked for better.

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • m

m · Married on 07/18/2015

Hands down the best event DJ in the Roaring Fork Valley & Aspen/Snowmass. There are literally not enough words to properly describe his professionalism, attention to detail, ability to get every single person up and moving, and keep the timeline running smoothly. He essentially ran my entire reception, and literally the only people in chairs all night were the two grandmothers! He played popular, appropriate, but not overplayed songs, and worked with our individual tastes in country and bluegrass, and even though I'm fairly sure he hates country, he did it magnificently.

We have had literally dozens and dozens of people let us know that we had the best dance reception they've ever been to. We were even told while attending another wedding, "I'm just going to say what everyone's thinking... your dancing was WAY BETTER." He made sure all my requested songs were played, provided all the equipment, no nickel and diming (everything we needed would be included - speakers, mics, extension cords, tables, etc).... This was literally the best money we spent wedding planning, I honestly don't think even the best band in the world could've out done it!

Sent on 09/17/2015

This is the best DJ in the Roaring Fork Valley. Ronnie is a true professional with tons of experience. He has you covered. If you are not sure what you want, he will work with you. He has done many weddings and knows how to create what each and every couple is looking for. He was great at working with us, recommending music, and making our special day truly special. You will not be disappointed. Kickin' Aspen Entertainment is awesome, no ifs, ands, or buts about it! Thank you Ronnie for making our day and reception truly magical!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Cody · Married on 06/13/2015

Your wedding with be a 100% success if you choose Ronnie. Ronnie was not only our DJ, but he also (i) microphones/sound equipment for our ceremony and reception; (ii) provided additional party-lighting for the reception; and (iii) served as an amazing resource when planning our guest's pre-wedding activities. He is fully committed to his clients and ensuring that they have the wedding of their dreams. He is never more than a phone call or text away, and is always positive and up beat. I cannot accurately describe how happy we are having selected Kickin' Aspen as our entertainment, and, not surprisingly, Ronnie has become a dear friend with whom we remain in contact.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Nolan · Married on 08/07/2010

Was recommending DJ Ronnie to a friend and realized I never gave him a proper review. So here it is, much belated.

To be honest, we kind of haphazardly assembled and planned our wedding. Our venue was my mother-in-laws BBQ restaurant in Hotchkiss, my sister was the officiant, a family friend took the pictures, etc. But couldn't be without good music so we used Kicken Aspen on a recommendation for music and equipment. Thank god we did.

DJ Ronnie saved the day. He quickly realized that we didn't know what we were doing, haha. He then helped us organize and plan the ceremony, made sure things went smoothly.

Then came the party! Can't tell you how many people told us afterwards that it "was the most fun wedding they had ever been to." I don't know how he does it, but Ronnie got everyone dancing, even when it started raining people kept going. We gave him some music to play, but mostly Ronnie did his thing.

Overall, I can't recommend Ronnie enough. I really liked how well he communicated with us, and even though he didn't like texting, he always called us back and took time to hash out details.

Thanks again for making our wedding awesome!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Bethany · Married on 08/01/2015

2.2
      1.5
      2.5
      2.0

I hate to write this, but our experience was not as wonderful as we would have hoped. We hired DJ Ronnie for our wedding and found him to be extremely opinionated and difficult to work with. We had our guests list on their response cards what song they would like to hear at our wedding, so yes, the DJ's ability to be creative was limited. However, as we are the paying customer, we should be able to get what we want. In my opinion, when a bride and groom tell you they encouraged their guests to select most of the playlist perhaps you should decline the job as he obviously had a hard time taking instructions from us. We were informed that during our reception he was texting a mutual friend of ours complaining about working our wedding. We put together a timeline which we provided to him (and all our vendors) that he told us was, "Horrible and stupid, but he'll do it." Our timeline was exactly like every other wedding we had been to -- for example, he wanted myself and my father to dance at 10 PM. Not only is this very late and not what we wanted, my father has health issues so we knew his energy would not be good by 10 PM. Little did he know, my dad was in the ER the morning of our wedding, thus confirming exactly why we picked our particular timeline. The songs we requested for our cake cutting, last dance, etc. were not what was played, the microphones were cutting in and out all night, our speakers stopped working during the middle of dancing, he called me (the bride) the day of our wedding to ask for a vendor's number I had already provided to him and he gave us a hard time with payment saying we verbally agreed to a tip. He also told us he was cutting us a deal, but upon further research of other DJ's in the area and DJ's who would travel from Denver to Aspen, their pricing was exactly what we were paying him. We were a couple who knew what we wanted and was clear from the beginning. Probably the #1 thing we would have changed about our wedding, the DJ.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Shelby · Married on 08/26/2017

1.0

I emailed DJ Ronnie (Kickin' Aspen Entertainment) requesting a quote for my wedding. After a couple of back and forth messages of me asking for his base price (which he would not reveal), I finally told him my fiancé and I weren't looking to spend more than $1,000 on a DJ. His response was "Just a heads up...$1,000 is not realistic or any DJ". I had gotten a couple of quotes earlier for around $1,000. Didn't appreciate his attitude and happy I didn't hire him.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Kickin' Aspen Entertainment's reply:

Wow... this is surprising to me. I responded to Shelby's email in 1 min and she was so thankful. Her biggest concern was price and I said I couldn't give a quote without knowing more information... such as ceremony, how many hours, etc. She asked again for my basic price and again I can't answer that without knowing what I'm signing up for but I did say if price is your biggest concern I am probably not the cheapest DJ in town and I would still like to talk when she has time. She wrote that her budget was $1000. Again I told her I would love to talk but $1000 is not realistic in Aspen. She writes me again 30 minutes later telling me she found a DJ for $1000 in Aspen so it must be realistic for someone. Considering I have been Djing in Aspen for 14 years I reached out to every DJ in town to find out who would book a wedding at the top of the mountain for $1000… Turns out no one I know.
    The reason I prefer talking to clients versus email is so we have a chance to get to know each other. We will be spending a lot of time on the phone preparing for the wedding and discussing music. During that phone call we are basically interviewing each other to see if we are going to get along for the next eight months preparing for your wedding.
    So the funny part to me is that someone wouldn't call to have a 15 minute conversation with a professional DJ that could be playing music at one of the most special nights of their life but they can take the time to write bad reviews on 2 different wedding sites. The other challenging part is figuring out how to explain to someone that this is one of those scenarios where you get what you pay for. There will be 16-year-olds with an iPod that charge much less than a professional that has been playing events all over the world for 19 years.

Not sure if 1 star is fair because I wouldn't email a quote. To get to know me please refer to the rest of my reviews.