Khoa Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Lauren
    Lauren G. Getting married on 07/12/2024

Engagement Photos with Khoa

Khoa was an absolute delight to work with. His laugh is infectious and he is one of the most positive people i've ever met. Khoa truly loves what he does and the photographs he captures serve as living proof. My fiance and I couldn't have asked for a better engagement photo experience and we certainly know that our paths will cross again down the road to capture more terrific photos and memories.
  • Logan
    Logan R. Getting married on 10/01/2022

A truly unforgettable experience!

My wife and I decided to elope to start off 2021 on a wonderful note and we needed a photographer to capture the day last minute. Within a week, Khoa was able to meet with us over Zoom and answer all of our questions, suggested a stunning location for the shoot, and gave us a memorable experience in which we will never forget. He is professional yet personable, funny, and has a detailed eye for a great shot. Not only was he able to capture our perfect day through photographs but he was able to get them back to us within a week! I highly recommend using Khoa Photography and I personally hope we are able to hire him again in the future.
  • Connie
    Connie C. Getting married on 06/25/2022

Khoa will capture your most precious moments in the most beautiful, elegant, and fun way!

We are beyond satisfied and elated that Khoa was the one who took our engagement photos. These are the reasons why we believe he was the perfect photographer to help us celebrate our engagement:

1) He is VERY responsive and professional- From the very beginning when we first contacted him on instagram, he was very responsive and professional through online messaging. Every time we saw a message from him, we were excited, because he would give more details about the photoshoot or respond to a question that we had.

2) He goes ABOVE and BEYOND- He took a few extra photos for us during the photoshoot and was very open to ideas that we had. He was so kind and really wanted to capture every moment. He even stayed a little overtime to help us get beautiful sunset photos. He also brought prisms and even gave us special gifts at the end- polaroid photos of us during the photoshoot! The gift at the end was very thoughtful and it made the engagement photoshoot so special.

3) He will fix you up before taking the photos- When our hair or clothes were messed up, he was always there for us and he fixed us up to make our photos perfect.

4) He has excellent editing skills- His editing skills are meticulous and natural. We really liked how the background was not too edited and even though the photos were edited, it still looked very natural and candid. We thought the prism and filter effects he chose were unique and they looked great!

5) He is experienced in posing couples candidly and finding the best areas to take pictures- The area we were shooting at required a lot of walking around and finding areas to take the photos, but he was very experienced and he was able to find the best spots to take beautiful pictures.

6) He is very kind and patient. He makes you feel very comfortable- It took some time walking from one location to the next and during that time he talked to us sincerely and got to know us better. I also had to change clothes halfway. However, during the entire time, he was very patient. He really helped make us feel comfortable and happy throughout the entire photoshoot.

All in all, we are VERY satisfied with Khoa's photography and editing skills. He is seriously the BEST and we would highly recommend him to anyone! He will definitely be able to capture your best moments so you can cherish them forever!

• Michelle
    Michelle Getting married on 05/09/2022

Loved working with Khoa!

Khoa did any amazing job with our engagement photo shoot! We had to relocate from Yosemite to Santa Barbara due to the fires, and Khoa made the process very easy. We loved his work we saw online and our final pictures are so beautiful! He is very open to ideas and is very laid back. We highly recommend Khoa and would love to work with him again in the future!
    Ashlyn P. Getting married on 05/04/2022

Amazing and Exceptional!

Khoa was hands down the best photographer/person we could have asked for. What started off as a normal photo shoot soon turned into a nightmare after our pup ran into a cholla cactus and was completely covered with 1000’s of thorns! Khoa remained completely calm and helpful during a stressful situation. He offered to follow us to the pet hospital (seriously, how sweet is he?!), and once we had everything with our dog under control, Khoa was able to re-route the shoot and make a nearby destination work PERFECTLY for our engagement shots. After everything happened with our baby (dog), I never in a million years thought we would be able to proceed with the shoot and capture the amazing photos he did. We were probably more trouble than we were worth lol, but he went above and beyond and helped save our day. Life throws unexpected challenges your way, and we were BEYOND thankful we had Khoa with us. After a traumatizing experience, he was still able to help bring smiles to our faces with a light hearted and loving approach. He made us laugh, dance and cry! What more can anyone ask for?? You’re amazing, Khoa. Thank you so much for everything
  • Sharon
    Sharon L. Getting married on 01/10/2022

Amazing experience!

I'll be honest. I was never big on the idea of an engagement photoshoot, but it was important to my fiancé and I eventually got on board with the idea of capturing this pivotal point in our lives.

Along came Khoa, whom of course my lovely fiancé found after some research. Our initial call to get to know each other was as fruitful and productive as it can get. Khoa broke the ice, asked smart questions to gauge our personalities, and gave us some thought starters to mull over ahead of our shoot date. But really his incredible friendliness and absolutely infectious laugh truly won us over.

My fiancé and I picked Trona Pinnacles as our destination, a solid 3-hour drive for us. However, it was easily a whopping 5 or 6+ for Khoa. That is one hell of a champion right there. The journey together to the site itself was not for the faint of heart. Dodging pits, jagged rocks, and everything a desert landscape could throw at our poor sedans (pro tip for anyone thinking Trona Pinnacles: bring an SUV or ATV), the 1-hour photoshoot turned out to be an unforgettable experience. Khoa was effective and efficient. He took charge in helping us get into position, dissolving any awkwardness, and actively asking us for feedback on how we felt and if there was anything we'd like to try. He was open-minded all the way and his sense of adventure only helped get my fiancé and I out of our comfort zones, which we deeply appreciated.

It's been close to a month since our photoshoot and my fiancé and I continue to recommend Khoa to our friends and family. And now we want to recommend him to the rest of the world.
  • Tierra
    Tierra A. Getting married on 01/10/2022

A surprise proposal to remember

Planning a proposal is STRESSFUL! Khoa was incredible through this entire process. He was responsive, polite, and professional. We are absolutely blown away by our photos. He captured this special moment beautifully. Every time I look at them I'm transported back to this day. Khoa comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me and my fiancee. His eye for composition and color is unmatched! We LOVE LOVE LOVE our engagement photos.
  • Joe
    Joe B. Getting married on 12/19/2021

5 stars for a fun experience and talented photography!

We found Khoa by Googling ideas for an idyllic San Diego engagement shoot. Samples of his photography came up, and the panoramic scenes from La Jolla Trail caught our eye immediately. We sent Khoa a message, and he was happy to schedule us for a Friday afternoon in June. Before we met, we arranged a phone call to talk about our vision for the shoot. Having never had professional photos taken of us before, we readily deferred to Khoa's expertise and creativity. He was a true pleasure to talk to, and we were excited to meet him for the shoot!
    When that Friday came around, we met with Khoa at the trailhead. Right off the bat, he exuded enthusiasm and professionalism, making us feel comfortable straight away. Within minutes, we just felt as if we were hanging out with a close friend. We hiked to the sweeping peaks of the trail, and Khoa got to work. Again, we've never taken professional photos before, so we had no idea what we were doing! Khoa made it extremely easy and entertaining altogether. He was generous with his time, staying a little later than scheduled to get photos with better lighting. We left the shoot feeling happy and lucky to have chosen Khoa as our photographer.
    Our photos were returned to us in a very reasonable timeframe. He emailed me a zip file containing high-resolution photos that we've since printed on canvas paper! All of the photos came out beautifully; needless to say, we'll be having Khoa take our wedding photos, too!
    If you're in the San Diego area (or anywhere, really -- as he'll travel to you), we cannot recommend Khoa highly enough. Of all our wedding vendors, he's been the best to work with by a mile, and we're looking forward to working with him again soon. Thank you, Khoa!
  • Adelina
    Adelina Getting married on 11/26/2021

The absolute dream come true

We had the honor to have Khoa as our photographer for our engagement session. The pictures came out better than we could have dreamed they captured every feeling shared in the moment. It was so much fun to work with him, his personality added so much to the experience.
    Natasha Married on 09/04/2021

Superb experience! - engagement photos

Khoa is simply fantastic! He made us feel super comfortable during our engagement photoshoot and his pictures are just gorgeous! He is easy going, good listener, very professional, and goes above and beyond to capture the best moments. We are so happy with the overall experience with Khoa and we will for sure be calling him in the future to capture our next life event. We highly recommend Khoa!
  • Marianne
    Marianne H. Married on 06/12/2021

Great experience!

Our experience with Khoa was fantastic. He helped us with our engagement photos and supported us throughout the entire process. He is very familiar with the San Diego area and was able to give us multiple suggestions for locations. He was full of energy on the day of the shoot and helped guide us on different poses. The entire time we had a lot of fun! The photos turned out beautifully and I highly highly recommend him for any occasion!
  • Leightyn
    Leightyn C. Married on 06/12/2021

Engagement Shoot

Having my pictures taken is not one of my favorite activities but Khoa made this day so fun and effortless I would do it again in a heartbeat! My fiancé and I came from out of town and Khoa was able to suggest two great locations for photos that were close by to where we were staying. Khoa was so easy going and down to earth we had the best afternoon getting to know him and taking our pictures. He was so helpful in giving us direction but also making us feel very comfortable and natural. We are beyond thrilled with our stunning pictures and we cannot thank Khoa enough for making this such a wonderful experience. From sending us tips and tricks beforehand and suggesting a personal playlist during our photos I would give more than 5 stars if I could. We hope to be back in San Diego again so we have a reason to work with Khoa again!
  • Hannah
    Hannah H. Married on 04/27/2021

Magical Experience!

Khoa is simply amazing. We haven't had any professional photographs taken before, and I was definitely nervous. But Khoa put me at ease quickly, and talked us through the entire shoot while playing our favorite music. It was a surreal and magical experience, and we had so much fun. When we look back at the photos, we relive those beautiful moments with happy smiles. Choosing Khoa as our engagement photographer was one of the best decisions we've ever made!
    Angela K. Married on 04/07/2021

Above and Beyond

Khoa is so amazing. Where do i start? I stumbled on his page while googling best photographers in the area. I started reading his "about me" section on his website and quickly realized, this is who i want to work with. His passion for not just photography, but connection with people is what drew me to him. He cares about the little things and he is so extremely talented. Khoa was EVERYTHING and more we were hoped for. He is so caring, sweet, and such a joy to work with. Khoa is not just a photographer, but someone that you want to know and keep as a friend. Such an amazing human being. Thank you for everything.
    Sandy P. Married on 01/02/2021

Amazing photographer!

Since the moment we connected with Khoa to discuss our vision, he was passionate, attentive, professional and immediately responsive. My husband and I loved how Khoa captured everything so beautifully. Khoa is truly gifted with an artistic eye in his use of the lighting, angles, and in facilitating a wonderful photoshoot experience.

We were very appreciative of his warm and positive energy! The experience was fun, comfortable, and natural! We will be connecting with Khoa in the future and would highly recommend Khoa to anyone looking for amazing quality and special photos!!!
  • Megan
    Megan R. Married on 12/31/2020

Engagement photo session

We used Khoa for engagement pictures (our dog was able to be included in some!). We had a great time and the end result was beautiful! He was super receptive to our requests for locations and activities. At the end of the session, he printed out two polaroids of pictures we had taken that day; it was such a thoughtful surprise.
    Genesis M. Married on 11/07/2020

Your love story

My husband and I had to change our entire location of our wedding a month before our wedding date. We went on the Knot and found Khoa and we are so grateful! We knew we wanted photos to relive our day of how much love and happiness we felt.The moment Khoa shared our photos we cried with so much joy. He captured all of the love and genuine moments.
    Khoa has such a beautiful talent capturing your love story. His love for his work truly shows in your photos. We highly recommend having Khoa be part of your special day !
    Sue S. Married on 11/04/2020

Wonderful photographer

We made the best choice hiring Khoa to photograph our wedding! From start to finish, he was open, communicative, and so fun to work with. His style is impeccable and our pictures came out so beautiful. He’s able to capture how we feel about one another and that’s no easy feat! He made us feel comfortable and we had so much fun shooting our engagement photos. Khoa will go above and beyond to make your wedding special. He safely shot our wedding during the early parts of the pandemic and has been so flexible and understanding as we’ve rescheduled our wedding celebration several times. We cannot say enough good things about Khoa!!!
  • Madeline
    Madeline M. Married on 10/25/2020

Amazing photos!

Our experience with Khoa was amazing! My fiancé and I had never done a formal photo shoot and were pretty nervous, but Khoa just made it feel like a super fun date! He played all of our favorite songs and let the shoot reflect us as a couple. Our photos were spectacular! We are so excited to display them at our wedding and send them out in our save the dates!
    Schuyler W. Married on 10/24/2020

Khoa for the win!

Khoa did our wedding photos and he is the best! He has great customer service and always answered our correspondence quickly, and our wedding album was delivered in a very timely manner. He has an exceptional eye and artistically has a terrific sense of space and composition. The icing on the cake, if you'll excuse the pun, was how enjoyable he was to work with every step of the way. He made the entire photography side of the day so much fun!
  • Phuong
    Phuong N. Married on 10/17/2020

Engagement photographer

Khoa did an amazing job photographing our engagement shoot! So glad we chose him to be our photographer. My fiancé and I are extremely picky since he is a photographer himself. After we saw his photos on his Instagram page, we were hooked and decided to book him right away. The hike we did was so much fun. The shoot was fun and stress free the entire time. He made the experience fun and easy, which allowed him to capture the most natural moments. Khoa is so talented and patient. He even surprised us with the polaroid at the end. The photos turned out great and beautifully! We highly recommended him for any occasions!
    C Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

We had Khoa take our anniversary photos and they turned out perfect! We had never done professional photos before and he was so helpful with both the planning and the execution. He suggested venues, ideal times, and wardrobe ideas. During the shoot he helped us relax and gave us good instructions on poses. Of course the pictures are phenomenal and he perfectly captured us as a couple as well as the scenery we love.
    A Z Married on 10/10/2020

We Love Khoa.

Honestly, we love Khoa. We found him through a Google search. After speaking/emailing with a few photographers, we felt Khoa was the right combination of professional but also human and fun! And we were so right. Khoa was such a joy to work with, it always felt effortless and fun. He puts everyone at ease with his kind nature, and does an amazing job with the photography itself. If you're looking for a great photographer who is also a lovely person, hire Khoa.
  • Allie
    Allie B. Married on 10/03/2020

Best Decision Ever

I am not sure where to begin with how amazing the experience was with Khoa!!! Much like many 2020 couples, our plans changed soooo many times throughout the year, but we eventually decided to postpone the big wedding. But we really didn't really want to wait! SO I had an idea to just elope and marry him on our favorite beach in San Diego. I reached out to Khoa and he just so happened to have an opening the day we needed. It was meant to be! I had admired his work for years, and I was so ecstatic for him to shoot our little ceremony. I have never felt more comfortable getting my photos taken, and my husband who is literally anti-camera (HATES being in front of a camera), came out of his shell and I could NOT be happier with the photos! He captured us in a way that hasn't been done before!!! He did everything to get the shot he wanted! At one point he was in like a foot of water haha. Cannot wait to work with him again in the future! You will not be disappointed. Which I could give more than 5 stars!!! Also, he is one of the kindest and best people to work with! Music, fun, laughter was all present on our non-traditional day! :)
  • Rocielle
    Jason Married on 09/26/2020

Best Photographer you can have

We knew from the beginning that we wanted the best photos and photographer for our wedding. We’re extremely glad we researched early and came across Khoa’s work which was amazing. After meeting him, we knew he was the perfect photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding weekend. He’s the most down to earth and friendly person you can have. He knows how to assist people that aren’t used to taking photos and making them look like models. He captures photos at the perfect angles and knows how to work with whatever lighting available. He’s not afraid to run, sweat, or get dirty to capture the best possible photo. One time, while enroute to our engagement shoot destination, a big tree fell over in the middle of the road which prevented us from reaching our location. Khoa was determined to move and break the tree down to allow just enough space for our car to fit through. He never once gave up or even mentioned to turn around or to give up. His editing skill is even better. He provides instant teaser photos for you to post on social media and for you to share with friends/family. The rest of the photos follow shortly and much faster than we could have expected. Our entire wedding party had nothing but awesome things to say about Khoa. He is definitely more than just a vendor/photographer to us now. He is our friend indefinitely. Will definitely recommend him to everyone we know and we are super glad we chose him. Thanks Khoa!