Keyed Up Events Reviews

54 Reviews for Keyed Up Events

Keyed Up Events 1
Keyed Up Events 2

Lauren Velin · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator Ever!

The best advice we were given by previous brides and MOB's was to hire a day coordinator. We decided to rely on that advice. Best idea ever!! And Dana was our answer! We met with her twice before the wedding and went over every detail of our wedding. She put together a comprehensive schedule and it included reminder notes, vendor information .... In addition, she gave us great ideas based on her extension knowledge of weddings (and our lack thereof being our first)! She connected with all our vendors prior to the wedding to ensure everyone was on the same page. She, then along with her assistant, came the evening before to run our rehearsal. At that time she told the entire wedding party that if there were any problems, concerns on the wedding day to come to her, not us!!! On the day of the wedding, Dana and her assistant, Krista, took care of everything! They set up the decorations based on my ideas and made it even better! They kept the entire night on schedule which is not easy with a large wedding. They also at the end of the evening had everything all packed up. The first thing we said to each other the next morning was we could not have done it without Dana and Krista! Best wedding ever!
    Lauren (Bride) and Sharon (MOB)

Sent on 09/04/2019

Keyed Up Events's reply:

HI Lauren, Thank you so much for the kind words. You and your mom were so great to work with! It's always a pleasure when a client truly puts their trust in us and let's us really run the day and make it as best as we can for everyone! Congratulations again to you and Pete!
  • Cookie

Cookie Ann Strange-Miller · Married on 07/06/2019

A brides best friend!

I will be the first person to admit that I am a bit of a control freak and I get ideas in my head that I just want others to know and be able to make a reality. Knowing that I was not only going to be a bride but also a bride with an 8 year old that needs a lot of attention I decided to give Keyed Up a chance. I am not sure if there are enough words in the English language to describe how impressed I was with the out come. I could tell from the first time that I meet Dana and AJ that these ladies were organized and on top of all the details. Working through the planning process with them by my side helped keep me on track as well as kept me aware of details that would have otherwise fallen through the cracks. I was particularly concerned with my dessert table and the set up of the cupcakes, doughnuts and cookies that would be displayed. I told AJ and Krista that I had a vision of an Alice in Wonderland style display were there are just treats everywhere and no straight lines please! When I saw the reception space for the first time on the day of I squealed with excitement!! Everything was perfect! Krista had went above and beyond with the set up of my centerpieces and even added a special touch to really pull the look together. As I looked upon my glorious dessert table that was pulled straight from my brain I could have cried from the pure joy I felt gazing at the wonder that it was. There were so many special little touches that went into the set up of everything I could feel the love Krista and AJ had poured into it all. I would also like to say a few words about the amazing calm I felt getting ready in the morning having not received any of the phone calls asking questions about where any people or items might be or any other things that may have come up. In fact I was so blissfully unaware of anything besides the perfect day that followed (and my aw inspiring dessert table) that it wasn't until the next day that I learned the AC had been out at the venue. Here I thought I was just a bit warm from choosing a dress with lace up the whole back for my July wedding. Apparently the AC had went out and once AJ found out she went to work get a hold of fans, and contacting my mother for any reinforcements she might be able to supply as well. Even with the AC out the day was perfect and as far as I am concerned went smoothly without any bumps. The fact that I was able to trust AJ, and Krista with the day of details, and be relaxed to enjoy my day was the greatest gift I could have received. If you are undecided as to weather you should have a day of coordinator you should give these ladies a call. You only get married (to your forever partner) once do you really want to spend your day stressed that your desserts wont be set up to perfection, or that your centerpieces aren't centered? I cant thank the Keyed Up crew enough you truly were my wedding day angels I couldn't imagine my day without you.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Cookie, wow! What an amazing review! Thank you so much for the kind words! I know AJ felt a special bond with all of you from the first meeting and she was so happy to help make sure you had a wonderful day. Krista enjoyed using some of her own pieces to help make your vision a reality and they both thought that you all were just so lovely to work with. Best wishes to you on your wedding and your new little family! - Dana

Karilyn Ryan · Married on 06/29/2019

Dana kept all of us sane and organized.

We hired Dana from Keyed up Events to be the day-coordinator for our daughter's wedding, but she is so much more. We knew from the very start we'd made an excellent choice. She sent vendor recommendations, attended all of the planning meetings at the venue, kept in constant contact via email and text and even stopped in at the groom's dinner to hand out itineraries for everyone and to make sure they knew who to look for if they had any questions at the wedding and reception. Dana has an easy going personality and is the most organized planner. We were able to totally enjoy the day because we were confident Dana had everything under control. We cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Karilyn, thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure working with your whole family and helping to make sure Katie and Nick had a wonderful day. They had a great wedding party and are clearly loved by family and friends.
  • Katie

Katie Harms · Married on 06/29/2019

The best decision we made in our wedding planning process!

Dana was the MVP of our wedding. Everyone keeps asking us what went wrong behind the scenes and our wedding was flawless because of Dana and her team working non stop behind the scenes. Hiring Keyed Up Events was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. She went way above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and we can't thank her enough. I have a special place in my heart for her because of the peace of mind she gave me on my wedding day. Dana thank you for everything, we love you!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for this sweet review! You and your mom were so nice and chill and appreciative to work with, it made it easy and a pleasure. Best wishes to you and Nick on your marriage!
  • Jackie

Jackie Hustad · Married on 06/15/2019

Above and beyond great!

We could not be happier with Dana, and feel like we hit the jackpot with her. From the first meeting we could tell she had the personality and experience needed to be the best coordinator. She was so helpful and patient with my husband and I through the prep process. Most importantly, she showed up our wedding weekend and worked magic. She made sure everything was tested, looked good, and ran smoothly, so we did not have to worry. She also worked magic with our weather, as we had a window from the rain to be married outside.
    We are jealous of the next couple that gets to work with her. She rocks!!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

Taylor is my hero!

Initially we had not planned on having a Day-Of Coordinator. We are so glad we changed our minds! We met face to face with Taylor twice before the wedding.She made sure that we were on track with our planning and went over every detail, even asking for table setup photos so that our vision would happen. The day of our event Taylor arrived as scheduled and took care of every last detail. She was extremely fun and cordial to everyone and we had many glowing compliments about her. Best of all, we knew that with our event in Taylor’s capable hands, we would have absolutely no worries of our day being flawless. We are so happy that we decided to have a Day-Of Coordinator and would definitely recommend Taylor and Keyed-Up Events for anyone planning a wedding. Not having to worry about your vision being executed is absolutely worth it!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Katie

Katie Tucker · Married on 04/20/2019

Organized and Proactive Wedding Coordinator

Dana was hugely helpful in planning our big day. We hired her as our day of coordinator, and she helped us to put a very detailed timeline together, reminding us of all the little details so nothing fell through the cracks. On the day of our wedding, she was so organized, proactive, friendly, and upbeat. She kept all of our vendors and guests in line. Whenever we or anyone else had a question, she had the answer right away. We worked with both Dana and AJ on our wedding day, and they were great! I don't know what we would have done without them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Katie! Thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure helping you, Babak and your families have a wonderful day. You hired a great group of vendors which really helped make my job easier, and it was great to work with all of them. Best wishes to the two of you on your marriage and thank you for letting us be a part of your day!

Jenna · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience

Dana was amazing. We had her for day of coordination. She made everything go smoothly and we had a perfect party because she was there. She's a pro!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Nick H · Married on 08/18/2018

Incredible Wedding Planning!

Dana and Keyed Up events were a joy to work with on our wedding. We hosted a backyard reception that involved challenging logistics, a complicated timeline, and a lot of moving pieces. Dana seamlessly collected vendor information and reception details all while making sure to understand who we were and the vision we had for our big day. Dana made planning for our wedding fun and manageable. She met with us before the wedding and thoroughly walked us through the weekend and helped us clarify a list of things to prepare ahead of the wedding. On our day, Dana allowed the two of us as well as our families to be truly present. She graciously coordinated everything that needed to happen among all of our vendors. She was friendly, professional and helped our complex reception go off without a hitch. We couldn’t imagine our day without Dana and highly recommend Keyed Up Events!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Karen · Married on 07/14/2018

Dana was a huge help at our wedding, it would not have gone as smoothly without her! She was hyper organized, starting with our initial phone call where she asked great logistical questions that we hadn't even thought of yet and gave us great tips and hints. She was willing to come to us for meetings and very much listened to our vision and what we wanted to happen. She did a great job running our rehearsal and coordinating with vendors on the day of. Dana is flexible, knows how to run the show, and manage guests. She was a good communicator, took initiative with things that needed to be taken care of, and exceeded our expectations for hiring her as our Day of Coordinator. I highly recommend her for making your day less stressful!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Bidisha · Married on 07/07/2018

I cannot recommend Dana and her team enough! From the very beginning, Dana was sincere, responsive, and full of energy. Our wedding was quite complex, with a lot of moving parts, and she went above and beyond to take care of issues I didn't even know were going on (I found out later). She was a great ear during the planning process to bounce ideas and questions off-of, and she helped me think of things I would never have considered (for example, she brought stands so that my foam-core signs wouldn't blow away in the wind). She is great - hire her!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

We decided to go with Dana and Keyed Up Events as a day-of coordinator for our wedding because my husband's brother and his wife recommended them, and we couldn't be happier with our choice! Dana met with us twice before the wedding and was on the ball each time, asking us about things we hadn't thought of. She had also worked a wedding at our venue before and had great insights on how the layout should go.

On the day of, Dana was a tension-diffusing, guiding presence amidst all the chaos. She and her assistant AJ cleaned up all the decor and waste so we didn't have to worry about a thing. To top it all off, AJ took a video on her phone of the last song where we all circled up and sang along to "Piano Man" and sent it to us after! Now that's next-level service. :)

Sent on 07/11/2018

Claire · Married on 04/15/2018

Upon beginning the wedding planning process, my wife and I knew we needed help (and a lot of it). Dana was the first planner we met with and we both fell in love with her instantly. Her warm, bubbly personality makes her easy to get along with and she was just excited about our wedding as we were. We told her that we needed as much help as we could get so we hired her for her full planning services. Our biggest wish was that we wanted to show up on our wedding day to have a good time without needing to stress about any of the event details.

Now that our big day has come and gone, I can officially say that Dana and her team delivered big time! My wife and I had the magical, COMPLETELY stress-free wedding day that we had always dreamed of (how many people can say that?!). The day of, she and Erica handled EVERYTHING from coordinating all the vendors, to setting up and tearing down, to being our DD at the end of the night and driving us to our hotel, and so much more!

During the months leading up to the wedding, she was never more than a text or email away and she continues to help us iron out some details with our vendors post-wedding. We have come to think of Dana as a friend and look forward to working with her in the future!

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Keyed Up Events 3
    Keyed Up Events 4

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Thank you Chelsea and Claire! It was such an honor working with the two of you and being part of the whole process. The two of you were so fun to work with and even though there was a blizzard on your wedding day, you kept up an amazing attitude and the love you share kept everything so warm at the wedding :) Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

Karen · Married on 11/11/2017

Dana works magic. I called and spoke with her approximately two months before our November 11th wedding in a bit of a panic - knowing that we needed help as the person who had been initially helping us had been unable to continue. Dana was calm and "can-do" and jumped in and did an amazing job of handling the finalizing of our 250 people wedding/dance party. She directed set-up and brought with her a team that handled the prep, decorating, clearing tables, and taking every worry and responsibility off of my groom and me so that we could completely enjoy the fabulous fun! I cannot stress enough how wonderful Dana and her team were. Dana and Keyed Up Events will be my go to for any future large parties/events. She is completely reliable, knows what she is doing, does it perfectly! Thank you Dana & crew! Matt & I cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for the kind words. The whole process was great for us as well and you were wonderful to work with. My staff loved the whole event and I've never had so many vendors who came up to me and told me your wedding was one of the best they ever worked. I am so happy you and Matt had everything you wanted in the day and were able to enjoy it. Congratulations again and thanks for letting Keyed Up Events be a part of your day! - Dana

Paul · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Keyed Up Events primarily for day of coordination. Leading up to it I wasn't sold on needing that service but now that it's behind me I have NO IDEA how we would have managed without them.

My husband and I didn't have to worry about a single thing day of. If any issues came up I didn't know about them. My day was worry free, on time, and cleaned up and organized in people's cars without any intervention from me.

Dana and Gretchen also went above and beyond with helping us decide decor ahead of time and attending several meetings with the venue.

They made my day perfect and I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2017

We used Keyed Up Events to plan our wedding this last fall and it was literally the best decision we made while planning the wedding! I joke with my husband that we wouldn't be married if it weren't for Dana and her awesome crew. Being a busy veterinary student, I knew there was no way I could plan a wedding myself so picking out a wedding planner was our first big decision. We fell in love with how personable and down-to-earth Dana is - our first meeting was like running into an old friend I never knew I had. From there, she took the stress out of planning the big day. She listened to our wishes and wants and was able to make just about everyone of them come true. And she was proactive about handling any hiccups that came along, including but not limited to finding us another photographer and videographer when ours fell through - and for less than we were originally going to pay! With Dana, every step of planning was so much easier than it would have been if I'd tried to do it myself. Having a contact in the wedding industry made searching and meeting wedding vendors a breeze. For each big piece of the puzzle - venue, rentals, bride and groom attire, food, music, etc, Dana already had several contacts and once we let her know what our vision was, she was able to steer us in the right direction. Then, not only did she make the appointments to meet with them, but she went to the meetings with us and helped us deliberate afterwards. I don't know any other wedding planner service that would do all of that with no stipulations attached! I cannot say enough about Dana and Keyed Up Events to pay her back for all she did for us! I'll just say this - if I had to plan my wedding all over again, I would choose Dana and Keyed Up Events every time. Thank you so much Dana and AJ for all you did for us!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Keyed Up Events's reply:

Wow! Rachel, we can't even say how much we enjoyed working with you and Brandon on your wedding. I think it was really true after the ceremony when we got the first hugs and said it was such a team effort to get there. Every step of the way was fun and challenging, but it was worth it in the end to see how happy you two were. Thank you so much for the kind words and letting us be a part of your day!

Allison · Married on 09/23/2017

Very flexible and willing to work with you to make sure you're getting the support needed for your day. Helpful with ensuring we had a timeline in place that covered all the necessary items.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Hello Allison!

Thank you for the kind words! Gretchen and Adam enjoyed making sure you and Joey had a wonderful day and we are so glad we could be a part of it! Congratulations!

Erika · Married on 09/16/2017

We LOVE Dana, and we LOVED keyed up events to make our wedding extremely special. She was the most helpful beforehand, getting to know us and referring other vendors for our big day! We got the day of package $$ from keyed up events, and she went up and beyond what she needed to do. She made time to have a few sit down meetings, which we could tell she came organized each time with checklists and ideas. If you're on the fence about having planning services, jump on in! You won't regret it. Seriously, if we or our families had to get all of the "things" put together and take down we wouldn't have had anytime to enjoy the day! Book them!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Tammy · Married on 09/09/2017

Dana & her team did a wonderful job with Day of Coordination for my wedding a few weeks ago at Semple Mansion. Her and her team wore may hats that day and I am so thankful for all their help. They helped decorate, helped organize photos, helped with an impromptu rehearsal (as we didn't have a formal one prior), made sure the vendors were doing a good job, helped us clean and pack-up and overall helped keep the day on track and running smooth. I would absolutely recommend Dana and her team to anyone considering a Day of Coordinator. Dana is the gal for this job and she's also fun to work with, so an extra bonus! Well worth the money. Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Hello Tammy!

Dana and Casey had a great time at your wedding and really enjoyed the atmosphere that you and Brian created. And the food was AMAZING! So was the Spotted Cow ;)

Thank you again for letting Keyed Up Events be a part of your day and congratulations!

Tiffany · Married on 07/29/2017

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator look no further. You will not find a better group and you cannot beat the price! I have nothing but gushing things to say about keyed up events. Everyone who knows me has heard, that they weren't just wedding coordinators to me, but in the end they were friends. Dana, Gretchen, and Taylor were with me every (and I mean every) step of the way! Not only did they help me find my dress, caterer, florist, DJ, and decor (and everything else), but I did not lift one finger, the day before, or the day of my wedding. If something didn't go right I still haven't heard about it a whole month later. Our wedding was perfect and I truly believe it could not have been done without them. I am forever grateful!
    Tiffany (Bride)

Sent on 08/31/2017

Tiffany!

It was so wonderful getting to know you and Stephen during the planning process and then getting to watch all of our plans come together on the big day. You are one of the sweetest, most thoughtful brides we have ever worked with and are glad to call you our friend now :) We wish you and Stephen all the best on your new lives together and can't wait to celebrate other big moments in the future.

Thank you so much! - The KUE TEAM

Korie · Married on 07/17/2017

Dana and Gretchen went above and beyond during our wedding planning process. Our day was effortless with their help! Not only did they keep our timeline moving, but they also assisted with decor, paying vendors, greeting guests, and dealt with unexpected "issues." I would highly recommend keyed up events to anyone in need of planning services!!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Chloe · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend booking Keyed Up Events for anyone getting married. Having them there the day of would have been enough, but they were very supportive in the weeks leading up to our big day as well. Our coordinators, Taylor and Gretchen, each had great ideas, coming from their past wedding expertise, and helped to narrow down some big final details. They helped to direct all the families and wedding party during the walk-thru, before and after the ceremony, and helped at the end of the night by packing up all decor and gifts. My family could relax knowing that the coordinators were able to handle anything that came up during the day. They also kept their promise, and brought very little, if anything, to me on my big day. If there were minor issues, I certainly didn't know about them! Overall, Keyed Up took a huge weight off our shoulders. BEST DECISION WE MADE!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2017

We hired Dana as our day-off coordinator for our wedding. We first met with her about 9 months before our wedding. During the meeting, she asked lots of questions that we hadn't even thought of, offered advice / recommendations and very clearly explained her process. We were in regular contact the last month leading up to the wedding, including a 2 hour meeting at our house to walk through the schedule for the day, plan for the ceremony, etc. She continued to offer great advice and be a resource to bounce things off of when I had questions. Dana took the lead during the rehearsal, guiding the wedding party and our friend that was officiating through the ceremony. I never heard of a single issue the entire day of the wedding so I can only imagine the things that Dana worked through on her own! It was an amazing experience and worth every penny! Thank you, Dana!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Rachael · Married on 04/08/2017

Booking Keyed Up Events made my wedding day so flawless!! Taylor and Dana took control of every little detail during my wedding day and thought proactively of all the things that I had not so we could plan accordingly to make the day of even smoother and seamless. Booking Keyed Up Events was the best choice I made, it took a ton of stress of me and my husband during the day, which is already packed with a ton. They coordinated and took care of everything, and even came to our ceremony rehearsal to help organize our bridal party to ensure everything transitioned and flowed nicely. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely book Keyed Up Events!!!

Sent on 04/28/2017
  • User7326115 · event on 10/11/2016

This was the second year in a row that we used Dana to plan our staff party, and this year's was even better than the last (Which was also pretty darn awesome). She maximized our budget by finding an all-inclusive venue at a great value, and so we were able to offer more perks and prizes, as well as food and drink options to our Team. The party was VERY well attended, in part because of how successful the even was last year - I think people knew that with Dana taking care of it again this year, it would be just as much fun - Which is surely was.

Sent on 10/18/2016