Key Largo Conch House Reviews

Key Largo Conch House 7
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 01/01/2019

Absolutely Incredible!!!

When you have a destination wedding, you need to trust the pros. That's what I did with Laura Dreaver's Key Largo Conch House, and it was one of the best decisions I made. I was concerned about having one caterer cover all three of our wedding events...would everything be too similar and run all into one? Should I mix things up? Those concerns were for moot.

The most important thing about wedding food is that it be delicious and abundant. Check and Check. Then you need to concern yourself with presentation, friendliness of staff, professionalism, etc... check, check, check....

Our guests are *still* raving about the food. Who would think that people would rave about a welcome reception taco bar? Our guest, that's who, because it was next-level delicious! Then the appetizers and stations at our main event....out of this world. Desserts? They were almost all gone before we even cut the cake, and btw almost all of our full-sized wedding cake was also eaten. The small amount left didn't last past brunch the next day. Speaking of brunch....YUM! Eggs benedict on the beach, and every yolk was perfectly runny. How do they do it?

And let's just talk about the owner, Laura, for a moment. From the time we booked this caterer, I knew we were in good hands. She was prompt, responsive, helpful, detailed....but most importantly, such a kind and lovely person. She did over 150 weddings last year, and still made me feel like the most special bride on the planet. When I travel back to Key Largo, I will be eating at her restaurant for sure...not just for the amazing food, but to give her a big hug as well.

I can't say enough fine things about Key Largo Conch House. Ten stars if I could give them!!!

Key Largo Conch House 8
    Key Largo Conch House 9
    Key Largo Conch House 10
    Key Largo Conch House 11
    Key Largo Conch House 12

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2018

Insanely Delicious

Laura and her team at Key Largo Conch House was awesome! We chose to go with a simple taco dinner for the reception, and it was a great choice. So many people complimented the food and how unique it was. Also, our cake was amazing. We chose a lemon flavor cake with multicolored sponge. It was so beautiful, I still can’t get over how great it turned out! I really enjoyed working with her! You will not be disappointed:)

Trish Peters · Married on 10/28/2018

Accommodating and a joy to work with

Laura, with her Conch House team, helped make our Welcome/Rehearsal dinner a no-hassle success. We also hired them for the Expert Bar pkg. Laura helped tweek the pig pickin’ dinner to meet our recipe for Eastern Carolina style bbq. We added some items, fruit, at little cost. The Expert Bride’s bar pkg helped me not to tress about buying and storing ice and all the non-alcoholic drinks or man the bar. All of her servers were friendly and very eager to help in other areas, ie the cutting and serving the Groom’s Cake I brought in. The food was delicious and I could not have been happier with the professionalism and attention to detail the Conch House provided.

Key Largo Conch House 13
    Key Largo Conch House 14
    Key Largo Conch House 15
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/23/2018

Incredible!

We cannot say enough great things about Laura and her team! They catered both our welcome party and wedding reception and our guests raved about both! Laura was flexible in customizing our menu, sticking to our desired budget and making my Pinterest dreams a reality! She also worked with my husband’s unpredictable military schedule to ensure that we were able to do a tasting prior to selecting our menu. Not only was the food phenomenal, the staff was so warm and friendly and ensured that all left overs were packed up and put in the refrigerator on the property. We had leftovers for the rest of our stay and they were just as amazing the following day! In fact, my dad loved the food so much that he was busy eating churros when he was supposed to be walking me down the aisle! Haha

Key Largo Conch House 16

Michon Modeste · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome carefree experience

A great local option that will give you true Keys! They took great care, had awesome service, and made adjustments along the way. I was very pleased with Key Largo Conch House!

Kjersten · Married on 08/14/2018

My husband I were a little nervous coming from out of state and not being able to try any of the food before hand but holy moly was it delicious!!! The key largo conch house was WONDERFUL to work with! Everything was even better than expected and they were so kind! Do not miss out on the brunch after the wedding! YUMMM! Would 10/10 recommend:)

Key Largo Conch House 17
    Key Largo Conch House 18

Leigh · Married on 08/10/2018

Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding Reception Catering

If you're having a wedding in Key Largo, the Conch House is a must for your catering! Laura was absolutely wonderful to work with and her staff was the best! We used them for both the rehearsal dinner (Taco Night) and for the reception (Key Largo Nights). The food was AMAZING...our guests raved about it for days! We also went with the Bride's Expert bar which included everything except the alcohol, which we provided ourselves. It worked out perfectly. We also used them for the cake and extra desserts. Nothing was disappointing. You can't go wrong with this vendor.

Key Largo Conch House 19
    Key Largo Conch House 20
    Key Largo Conch House 21
    Key Largo Conch House 22
    Key Largo Conch House 23

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2018

If you're getting married in Key Largo don't even look anywhere else. Laura and her team are the absolute BEST. We had so many people tell us this was the best wedding food they'd ever had and I couldn't agree more. We got married at an all outdoor venue so we decided to go with the Pig Roast and fresh catch of the day....it was unreal! People raved about the presentation as well as how good both items were. About half the wedding asked for the recipe for their tropical rice that we devoured and everyone loved the passed appetizers during cocktail hour. They offer an awesome variety of food and bar options and the servers and bartenders were great the entire night. The desserts were to die for and brunch the next morning was such a huge hit with make your own omelet station. Laura is the BEST to work with. I booked the venue and all vendors sight unseen as we live in San Diego and couldn't get out there until the wedding itself. We weren't able to taste any of the food or desserts and I never had a reservation about Laura or our catering at all. They are extremely reasonably priced especially for value and quality they bring. They also rent the most amazing coffee cart and do made to order cappuccinos, iced lattes, espressos, regular hot coffee and coffee martini's that were SUCH a hit. I recommend them 10 times over!

• Leeann

Leeann · Married on 07/24/2018

"The best food we've ever had at a wedding." - Our Guests

I would like to start by saying my husband and myself own and have been part of the hospitality and food industry for over 13 years. The most important thing to us was food and a good venue for photos/ flexibility. The Conch House Catered a rehearsal dinner, reception and brunch for our wedding week. They did an amazing job and exceeded every expectation we had for "the best wedding food." Their customer service and thoughtfulness did not go unnoticed or play second fiddle to their amazing food spread. To be honest I don't know which was better, the food or customer service. I had one guest who was a vegetarian that I didn't know about/ plan for. They were able to whip something up for him the first night and every night thereafter, with out being asked to. The food was all delicious and if your do a brunch or are looking for a coffee station... DO THE MOBILE COFFEE TRAILER. I had so many guests say how amazing an idea it was! Well worth every dollar.

Mollie · Married on 06/02/2018

Laura and the Conch House were fantastic. They catered our welcome dinner, our reception and Sunday brunch. Each meal was phenomenal. The steak on Friday night was tender and full of flavor. We did the Key Largo Nights menu on Saturday night and it was delicious- the coconut shrimp was incredible! On Sunday, the accommodated me with gluten free french toast- a rare treat!! We also rented the coffee van for Friday and Saturday night and it was a hit with our guests!! We enjoyed working with Laura and highly recommend the Conch House!

Key Largo Conch House 24
    Key Largo Conch House 25

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2018

We hired The Conch house for our rehearsal dinner and our reception at the Key Largo Lighthouse. We had the taco bar with their margarita and corona package which was very good and the staff serving were so friendly. We added dessert for our guest, too. We had cake balls, turtle brownies, and cheesecake. The cake balls were a true hit! We did the dinner stations with the expert's bride bar package for our reception which I highly recommend. The food was absolutely delicious both nights and our bartender Beth was awesome. Our guest have raved about how delicious the food was.
    BONUS: After each dinner, the staff brought the leftovers into our fridge. True worth every penny!!!!

Melissa · Married on 05/09/2018

We had 3 meals rehearsal, reception and brunch plus bar for each event and I constantly heard how good the food and service was. Laura was awesome To work with during planning and was always on site asking if everything was ok. She also was very helpful in planning our meal to include our vegetarian and gluten free guests.

Renee · Married on 04/21/2018

The food and service here was amazing for our wedding! All our guests made sure to let us know how delicious everything was! I don’t even like cake and theirs was so amazing we had it for breakfast the next day! Communication was clear and quick. Their menu is completely customizable and they gave me many vegetarian option I could choose from. Very friendly and professional staff! They took care of everything and it went flawlessly. Even the leftovers were a hit!

Sheena · Married on 04/11/2018

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! Laura and her team are amazing they made my rehearsal and wedding top notch! I have received so many compliments from all my guests on how this wasn’t just the best wedding food but best food they have had!! I’ve even had a few guests of mine go to the restaurant after and still rave about the food!!! On top of the food being good the cake was even better!! I highly suggest the coconut rum it was a huge hit with all my guests even the ones who aren’t fans of coconut!! Besides the food she is the sweetest and most helpful to work with! We found our selves laughing on most conversations, she really cares about what you want and making sure you have a perfect day!! Thank you Laura and your whole team you made my day perfection!

Key Largo Conch House 26
    Key Largo Conch House 27
    Key Largo Conch House 28

Caitlin · Married on 04/07/2018

I don't even know where to begin. I've eaten at the restaurant before and it is absolutely delicious but having them cater my wedding just made it even better! We chose conch fritters (the best) coconut shrimp and lamb chops for passed hors d'oeuvre and I would've been fine if that was all we ate because it was so yummy. We didn't want to do a formal sit down dinner so we opted for stations. Asian, pasta, paella and a carving station as well as the raw bar being open during cocktail hour and dinner. Laura and her team were a dream to work with! Anything we requested she was very accommodating as well as giving us suggestions that really helped. I knew that the last thing I needed to worry about was the food when I picked them and I was right. Your guests will be very satisfied!

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2018

I cannot rave enough about the taste, professionalism, service and accommodations Conch House provided. Laura worked with my husband and I to create our ideal menu including offerings off menu and combining things they typically offer. Conch House catered not only our wedding, but also our welcome dinner and Sunday brunch, and all three meals were outstanding! We still get compliments on our food options and our friends are still commenting on the fact that this was their favorite wedding meal! We cannot thank Laura and Conch House enough for making our day delicious!

Key Largo Conch House 29
    Key Largo Conch House 35
    Key Largo Conch House 36

Jaymie · Married on 03/06/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

We had our wedding at the Key Largo Lighthouse Beach back in March and we had the AMAZING Conch House do our food for the day/night! Laura and her team from the Key largo Conch house were THE BEST! Both myself and husband were so pleased with the ease of organising with Laura as we are from the UK so was all via email. It was absolutely perfect. Both us and our guests loved all the food! Thanks again, Laura and the team for making our day so perfect!

• Marquessa & John

Marquessa · Married on 03/03/2018

Laura and her staff at the Conch House Catering did an amazing job not only catering the wedding reception, but also our Welcome Dinner and Sunday Brunch after the wedding.
    From welcome drinks, to appetizers and the tropical menus of Roasted Pig and Blackened Mahi. The uniquely designed selections had our guests Raving about the food all 3 days !

She even had a personal pastry chef on staff who created and uniquely designed our 4 tiered Tropical pineapple wedding cake with live gardenias and orchids. It’s was breathtakingly Beautiful- too pretty to eat! But the most delicious wedding cake ever eaten !

The Conch House Catering in Key Largo is the BEST!! Thanks for making our Wedding Weekend so Special!

Key Largo Conch House 37
    Key Largo Conch House 44
    Key Largo Conch House 45
    Key Largo Conch House 46

Raj · Married on 02/17/2018

I cant say enough good things about Laura and her staff. Laura worked with us for months in advance to make sure we had the right selections and quantities. Most of this had to be done by email and phone calls since we were not local to the area. We did three events with Laura - welcome party, reception, and brunch. Food and service were excellent across the board! We received numerous compliments from our guests on Laura and her staff. They were also able to accommodate our vegan/vegetarian friends with multiple options. I can wholeheartedly say you wont go wrong with Conch House!

Michelle · Married on 01/31/2018

Amazing food and a great staff. Didn’t miss a beat from hors d’oeuvres to dessert! Even visited the restaurant for a wonderful brunch during our stay in Key Largo.

Mylene · Married on 01/13/2018

We had our wedding at the Key Largo Lighthouse just a few weeks ago. We hired the conch house for our wedding. Laura and her team from the Key largo Conch house were AMAZING!!! I can't say enough nice things about them. From the beginning Laura was so easy to work with. She was extremely responsive to emails and calls even though she is so busy, she would write us back right away, and always such a joy to work with . She even accommodated a last minute tasting for us when we were in town to visit the venue. She took her time with us even though she had a wedding that very same day. It was so fun getting to know her. We ended up hiring them for all 3 events, rehearsal dinner, reception, and brunch. The taco night for our rehearsal was so great, the food was wonderful and the self serve was fun for a more casual event. The food for our wedding and for brunch were equally as good, our guests are still raving about the food. You must do the conch fritters for an hors d'oeuvre, so yummy! Laura even helped set up our tables for brunch that Sunday, I mean how nice is that?! I just love her and her team, I wish we would've had enough time to go back to the conch house for one last meal before leaving. Thank you Laura and Conch House for making our wedding even better with your amazing service and delicious food!

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

Consummate professionals who are attentive and responsive to every need. We had a fabulous Rehearsal and Wedding thanks to the team at the Key Largo Conch House!

Erika · Married on 11/04/2017

EVERYONE commented on how delicious the food was! We had a taco bar for Friday Welcome Party. Delicious! Saturday we had a paella, carving station, pasta station, several appetizers, watermelon salad - everything was great! The servers were great. If you have your wedding in Key Largo, you MUST have Key Largo Conch House cater! Don’t believe me, go eat there before your wedding and you’ll see! The Smart Bride liquor package is a great idea - we and our guests provided the liquor and they provided everything else.

Anna · Married on 11/04/2017

Wonderful experience with Key Largo Conch House! Rehearsal Dinner was delicious, probably my favorite meal of the weekend. The reception was scrumptious and lovely! The brunch was good but fell a little short, lacked luster but got the job done feeding people. The service was outstanding and they went above and beyond making our wedding weekend fantastic.

Tina · Married on 10/28/2017

The food was awesome and the service was even better. They gave us exactly what we wanted for our menu and were so attentive and helpful in our planning.