Kevin Kienitz Photography Reviews

12 Reviews for Kevin Kienitz Photography

• Jessika

Jessika Hernandez · Getting married on 06/09/2022

Amazing!

Kevin worked with me and my husband on our engagement pictures!

He was amazing and the results were unbelievable. He made us feel very comfortable all throughout the session and made sure he incorporated what we wanted to have in our pictures. His energy was great and we had so much fun shooting.

He was super fun and flexible to work with and will definitely recommend to anyone who wants to have a relaxed and fun session with excellent and dreamy results.
    Jessika

Sent on 11/21/2020

Leah Fraleigh · Married on 08/14/2020

Such a great experience!

If you’re looking for a wedding photographer in Chicagoland (or anywhere, really) look no further. We hired Kevin for our wedding in June 2020... of course, with how this year has trended, we ended up pushing our wedding from June to August, then deciding to elope and rescheduling our family celebration to 2021. Throughout all of our uncertainty, Kevin was understanding and helpful. We decided to elope in Utah (where we now live) and Kevin had everything planned even before we did. He helped us find spots for photos, came up with sample timelines, and didn’t even bat an eyelash when we chose the one that had him meeting us for a sunrise photo shoot at 4:30am. My husband and I have never done professional photos together before, and we never felt awkward or insecure; Kevin directed us when needed and made us feel excited about what he was seeing through his lens. He delivered photos like a literal work of art: elegant, timeless, and just plain beautiful. In the age of the pandemic, where a wedding like this never would’ve been our Plan A, Kevin’s photos and the entire experience of the day made us GLAD that our wedding turned out like this. We are so excited to have him shoot our wedding in Wisconsin next year with our families. Long story short... Get you a Kevin!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Gaby

Gaby · Married on 12/06/2019

Kevin has the genuine desire to capture the most amazing and unique memories

I wish I had the words to accurately describe how amazing our experience was with Kevin. From day one all the way to the day of the wedding he was nothing but professional and helpful. He was quick to respond to any and all of my questions and always went above and beyond my expectations. The day of flowed so smoothly and you could tell he was genuinely passionate about capturing all of the memories and important moments of the day. As someone who hates getting their photo taken I never felt uncomfortable or had the same anxieties about being in front of the camera. He made me feel very comfortable and excited to see the photos! We received sneak peek photos shortly after the wedding and were blown away by how amazing they were. The day of goes so fast and it's hard to remember everything but even with just the sneak peeks I feel as though I was brought right back to that day and am able to relive those moments. I shared some with family and friends who were equally impressed. I could not have chosen a better person to capture and document our day and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for the best photographer around. I wish I had more events to plan just to get more photos from him!!!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2019

Engagement and Wedding photos!

We had such a great experience working with Kevin!

My husband and I don’t really like getting our picture taken so we certainly weren’t “naturals” posing for our photos.

We elected to get a package that included engagement photos so we could get to know Kevin a little better and he could get to know us. We were so glad we did. He helped put us at ease and we ended up with amazing memories to cherish for a lifetime in the pictures he took.

By the day of our wedding, we knew the drill and ended up with a ton of fun and creative shots at some of our favorite spots in the city.

We worked closely with Kevin leading up to our day to establish estimated timelines to see how many places we could manage and made adjustments as needed. He also kept us on task.

Your wedding is one day but your photos are forever. I highly recommend Kevin to capture those memories!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Emily Ott · Married on 08/24/2019

Highly Recommend

My husband and I booked Kevin to shoot our engagement photos as well as our wedding and we could not be happier with the results! Not only was Kevin super professional and easy to work with, but he made my husband and I (who mind you have no experience taking professional photos) feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Kevin always seemed to be in the right place at the right time to catch all of the candid shots and action-packed moments at our wedding. Kevin's skill and passion behind the camera are very visible in his work and my husband and I would use him again in a heartbeat. He captured some unforgettable moments that will serve as lifetime memories for us. Thank you for documenting our amazing day, Kevin! Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Kristell · Married on 08/16/2019

Engagement and Wedding Photography

Kevin was awesome and very professional throughout the whole process. He was very responsive and got us all the photos timely, faster than what I actually expected! We did the engagement and wedding photography with him and all the pictures came out beautiful. He captured the best moments of our lives and also gave us some direction when needed. We were so glad we hired him as our photographer, and would highly recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Lel Malay · Married on 06/29/2019

Would Highly Recommend

I would highly recommend Kevin Kienitz Photography -- whether it be for wedding photos on your special day, a casual couple photoshoot, or even if you simply want some beautiful portraits. He was very easy to work with and was excellent at guiding us with poses. Love how he edits his photos as well. Very professional photographer, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Burback · Married on 06/28/2019

Incredible Photographer

We hired Kevin for our engagement pictures and our 6/28/19 wedding. The price was too good to pass up, and his photos looked beautiful! From the service, to the communication, to receiving our photos... everything was flawless!

For the engagement session, Kevin suggested great locations and made us both feel very comfortable while taking pictures. We loved how they turned out, and used the pictures for our save the date, guestbook, and as decorations at our wedding.

At our wedding, Kevin and his second photographer Mark captured every important moment and detail. The photos are exactly what I envisioned, and I could not believe how quickly we received them. The photos were a perfect mix of fun, candid, and romantic.

If I ever need photography services in the future, I will be contacting Kevin!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Alex · Married on 05/11/2019

Wedding Photography

My husband and I hired Kevin for his photography services for our wedding this past May, and we could not be more grateful that we did. From the very first communication we had with him to receiving our photos back after the wedding day, Kevin has been nothing but professional and passionate about capturing our engagement and wedding day. We loved the direction he took with all of the photos and his ability to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We have so many beautiful photos to look back on and share from our engagement photos and our wedding day, and we love the variety of them from the detail shots to candid pictures throughout the day. We would highly recommend him and we cannot say enough about how great it was to work with him!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Alan

Alan Minski · Married on 04/04/2019

Outstanding Photographer, Went Above and Beyond

Kevin and his assistant did the engagement photos and photography the day of our wedding.

Engagement Photos: Kevin did a truly wonderful job. We took our photos at the Lincoln Park Zoo; there he was very intuitive to all the things important to great photos (having us arrive at the right time of day for evening sunshine glow, angles to capture us and the lighting in outstanding ways, unique spots in the park that caught his eye for a great and unique picture - all things very valuable and appreciated as the couple being photographed!)

Wedding Day: We did the 10 hour 2 photographer shoot and were so happy with both him and his assistant. The photos before the ceremony at the Hotel Lincoln turned out beautiful. Looking back on them, he is really talented at capturing the right light with the cameras and bringing the color and beauty into the pictures - we were very happy.

We didn't do a 1st look at our wedding, but it he helped ensure ensure smooth, fun gatherings and photos all around our venue without feeling rushed - it was a ton of fun! Him and his assistant were great at getting all the angles in our ceremony, capturing all the excitement, smiles, and joy of it without being distracting at all (all the focus on the bride and party!). They caught so many insightful little details that we really appreciated later too.

The reception photos were also wonderful. He caught everything we desired with such beauty and really went above and beyond by finding cool spots in our venue to take us to for unique photos in the perfect lighting in and outdoors. You can really tell he has a passion for photography! The pictures all turned out wonderful and we have so many to select from to share, which we really appreciate. I can't say enough how great it was to work with Kevin and I see him rising as a star in photography in years ahead. Would 100% recommend him and hope to use him again for some future life events!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Kevin was patient yet directive, and all around great to work with! He captured all of our special moments and we are very glad we chose him as our photographer.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • FutureStephD

Stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

2.8
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

Photos not representative of website and unresponsive

The photos we received form Kevin were nothing like those on his website or social media. Ours were dark and had weird objects in the background (ac return, trash, exit signs). I had expected light and airy and definitely did not receive that. I had to ask for multiple edits before they came anywhere close to expectations. And even still, there are shadows all over peoples faces and ugly objects in the background.

Sadly, we only have ONE photo of my husband and I looking at the camera together, which we don’t even like.

We were also missing a few important photos we had asked for we knew were taken (ie of just the groomsmen, or just the bridesmaids) that I had to specifically ask for after we received the first batch of photos and we were told we already received them and then they magically appeared in later galleries/ edits.

Kevin was non-communicative for many many months leading up to the wedding and I had to call multiple times (to reach a full voicemail), e-mail multiple times, and finally had to send a stern text two weeks before the wedding before getting any response acting like I was crazy. I was so concerned I reached out to other photographers and really wish I had gone with someone else.

I waited more than six months to write this review bc I’ve been so sad we don’t have pretty photos documenting our nuptials. And it hasn’t changed. I can’t go back in time and fix this. Instead we might do a one year anniversary shoot so we can have light airy pretty photos of us together. It doesn’t document the real thing, but at least we’d have something.

Sent on 11/10/2019