133 Reviews for Kevin Bain - Wedding Celebrant & Minister - Contemporary, Inclusive, Non-Denominational

User Photos
Catholic (2)
Counseling (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)
Methodist (1)
133 Kevin Bain - Wedding Celebrant & Minister - Contemporary, Inclusive, Non-Denominational   Reviews

"The best ceremony I've ever seen!!" was a common phrase during my cocktail hour and reception which would not have been the case if it wasn't for Kevin. Not only was he genuinely interested in learning about us as a couple and sharing our story with our guests, but you can tell that he is extremely passionate about what he does which made for a great ceremony.

As much as we were excited to party, my husband and I knew going into wedding planning that the ceremony most important to us. In addition to a questionnaire which ended up in both of us submitting 10 pages each about ourselves, relationship, and family, Kevin would literally talk with us for HOURS to get to know us on a personal level which made the ceremony so special and completely unique to us.

As a (somewhat) Type A bride that doesn't like to relinquish control--my biggest advice if you make the excellent decision to work with Kevin will be to TRUST THE PROCESS. He is great and lets you read the ceremony as many times as you want beforehand, and there were some parts that I would read and think "take that out it's too embarrassing or personal" but my husband rightly convinced me to stop nit picking and trust the delivery will be okay. Well good thing I listened because Kevin knocked it out of the park and those parts that I thought were going to be too dorky were the most memorable to all of our guests.

Photo for Kevin Bain - Wedding Celebrant & Minister - Contemporary, Inclusive, Non-Denominational   Review
Profile Picture Melissa, 2/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Catholic, Jewish, No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed

Kevin officiated our wedding on September 23rd and he did a wonderful job. Our initial meeting with him wasn't just a token 30 minute meeting and here's my terms. He spent a lot of time talking with us, getting to know our story a bit, showing us some of his prior work and telling us a lot about him, as well. From there, once the contract was signed, he sent a questionnaire for the two of us to fill out, which was used to create the ceremony. Since my wife and I were not having a religious ceremony and didn't have any special family ritual, Kevin helped us to find a ritual for our ceremony that worked for the two of us. He was always responsive via email and listened to our concerns.

Come the wedding day, Kevin showed up early, met our families and put them at ease by making them laugh. We rehearsed, but he kept the details of the parents ceremony we chose as our ritual a secret. Our ceremony turned out wonderful. Kevin's performance of it had some people in tears. We received so much praise about how beautiful and personal our ceremony was. We highly recommend Kevin if you want a ceremony that is truly you.

Profile Picture Adam, 9/23/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kevin truly made our day. My husband and I had a very small ceremony, and Kevin made our wedding feel warm and unique to our relationship. Our family loved the words that were said, and felt that it spoke to our relationship. Definitely highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Julia, 12/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

AMAZING work.....Love to see such great customer service!

Profile Picture User7547709, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Words can not express how much we love Kevin!!! He was able to tell our love story perfectly. Our ceremony was better than I can ever have dreamed. I am Jewish and my husband is catholic so we wanted a nondenominational ceremony. Kevin truly delivered a ceremony that made everyone laugh and cry and captures our love. Thank you Kevin and I encourage you all to hire Kevin!!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews

Thank you Kevin!

This November 2016, my wife and I were married in Central Park. It was a magical day, spectacular Fall weather, in beautiful Central Park, NYC. While planning, we researched several wedding officiants and made the decision to go with Kevin Bain. We could'nt have been more pleased. Kevin was very gracious, informed and prepared, with a nice balance of fun. Kevin, preformed a personal and beautiful ceremony for us and our small gathering of friends and family. We highly recommend Kevin Bains' services, you will be in good hands!

Sincerely,

Brian & Laura

Profile Picture Brian, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin was a fantastic officiant. He was genuinely interested in us, our family and friends and you could see he cares. Since the wedding, Kevin has followed up with us making sure we got our license and generally asking about us. I could not recommend Kevin enough!

Profile Picture Claire, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There aren't enough positive things I can say about Kevin. He performed our wedding ceremony this past weekend, October 15th and it was just amazing. The ceremony was perfect! From the first time we spoke, Kevin was truly happy, enthusiastic and showed true love for what he does. He was genuinely excited for us and we can't thank him enough. Our guests loved the ceremony, it was so personal & tailored wonderfully for our relationship. Kevin brought nothing but happiness, tears of joy and genuine emotion and even some great humor and laughter to our wedding. I can't recommend him highly enough. Anyone looking for an officiate would be lucky to have Kevin perform their ceremony. We absolutely love him!!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Kevin was a pleasure to work with! He paid incredible attention to detail and helped to turn our unique love story to into an amazing wedding ceremony! We had some personal traditions we wanted incorporated into the ceremony and Kevin did a wonderful job making it run seamlessly together. We received many compliments from our guests and we would recommend him to another couple in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin put a lot of time and love into creating the most beautiful ceremony for us. He worked with us throughout the entire process, assuring us that everything would be perfect...which it was! We booked Kevin a little late in the game (about 4-5 months before our wedding) and he still got it done with ease. He captivated the crowd with his enthusiasm and spoke as if he knew us for years. He had the crowd laughing, ahhing, and crying with tears of joy. Our ceremony was the most beautiful ceremony and I wouldn't change a thing.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony

Kevin is absolutely AMAZING. He put on a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I this past July 24th. We booked him pretty early on, about 6 months in advance and off the bat we were wowed by his enthusiasm and blatant love for what he does. We told him what we wanted and he delivered! He was sweet, funny, professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. He gives really prompt responses to any questions or ideas you may have and he is very accommodating and helpful. I am so pleased with the ceremony he performed for us. It kept our guests intrigued by our love story and we could tell that they were all captivated. We really wanted a beautiful ceremony as we felt it was the heart of our wedding and Kevin gave us all that and much more. Not to mention he looked very spiffy for the ceremony ;) Kevin is awesome…

Profile Picture Tamara, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil Union, No Denomination, Customized Vows

We booked Kevin pretty early on in the planning process after scouting our a few officiants on wedding wire. When we met with him, it was so apparent how truly passionate he is about telling love stories. His enthusiasm is infectious! Throughout the process we spoke with Kevin about things we wanted to include and not include in the ceremony. We wanted something up beat, non-religious and something that really told our story. It's so often that you're at a ceremony and you're bored, Kevin kept guests captivated the entire time. So many of our guests came up to us praising Kevin's ceremony.

We can not thank Kevin enough for being such a great and inspiring officiant for our wedding!

Profile Picture Michele, 6/25/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, No Denomination, Non-religious

Kevin wrote such a perfect ceremony for our June wedding - it was everything we hoped for!
He was easy to communicate with and many of our guests mentioned how well his words captured our story perfectly!
Thank you so much Kevin!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Civil Union, Non-religious

Kevin is the most flexible, enthusiastic and professional person I have ever met. He followed up immediately and provided us with the service that we wanted for our wedding. It was a pleasure to meet and work with him.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Non-religious

Kevin is fabulous! He married my fiance and me in NYC last week. He put us at ease and did a wonderful job for us. We felt like we had known him forever after our first conversation! I highly recommend him and we will use him when we renew our vows!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin officiated our wedding on 13th May this year and I cannot explain how exceptional the service was that he provided. He is so genuine and friendly, he really put my husband and I at ease throughout the whole process and ceremony. His words were beautiful, exactly what we wanted and he made the whole ceremony fun and cheerful as well as romantic and personal. I'm so happy we chose Kevin to marry us, he is truly fantastic. Everyone who has watched our wedding video has also commented on how amazing he was and said that they have never seen a better officiant. He is such a lovely, warm person and this comes across when he is officiating. I cannot thank him enough for being part of our day and making it so magical for us.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kevin was just amazing! We chose him after reading the amazing reviews. My husband is Jewish and I am Hindu so we wanted a non denominational ceremony with a few Jewish traditions mixed in (we had a Hindu ceremony the week prior to the American Wedding). Kevin was just wonderful. He sent us a questionnaire that we had to fill out and wrote this amazing ceremony telling our story. So many people asked us if he knew us before this because he told our story as though he'd known us for years. We couldn't have asked for more. It was just perfect the way he told it. And it wasn't too long, he kept everyone engaged the whole time.
I am so happy we found him for our big day! It was more than we even expected.

Profile Picture Hinal, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Jewish, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

When it came time to share with our friends and family our special day, we were so very excited to tell them the news that Kevin Bain was going to be our wedding officiant. Not only is Kevin a creative genius, he's an excellent organiser and has an uncanny ability to know exactly how things should unfold. Kevin's voice in unsurpassed as his public speaking is not only succinct, but has just the right amount of passion and he puts his heart and soul into writing and orating a very personal ceremony. He gets to know to his bride and groom so well that he is able to craft an moving and heartfelt event that truly reflects their coming together in love. And, that's what motivates Kevin the most, bringing people together in love and sharing their story with guests and making them laugh, cry, and sigh with happiness. We were honoured and fortunate to have had Kevin officiate our wedding and would highly recommend him to others; in-fact, you must have Kevin do your wedding. In ten years time, we plan on renewing our vows and we already know that Kevin with be at the helm.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

I attended my friend Jacquie Malanga's wedding on April 2, 2016 and was utterly impressed by the officiant, Kevin Bain. He had obviously taken the time to get to know the couple as the ceremony was beautiful... Not a dry eye in the house!!! It was a truly perfect way to start off a beautiful marriage.

I most highly recommend Kevin Bain for every and any wedding; he is kind, caring, and truly thoughtful... I couldn't have picked a better officiant for my friend!

Profile Picture Magda, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin just made our wedding day unforgeatteable. Most emotional ceromony ever. Kevin took the time to get to know Peter and me and he reflected our history as if he has been there the day we met. Absolutely the best officiant I have seen. Thanks Kevin for such a memorable ceremony.

Profile Picture Wanda, 4/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I used wedding wire to help me arrange my wedding in NYC back in March this year. Myself and my now husband James live in Manchester in the UK and so had no clue of how to arrange an NYC wedding. With only 6 or so weeks to plan and organise the wedding, finding Kevin on wedding wire was the best thing that could have happened! The ceremony was just the two of us and Kevin made us feel so at ease and special. Not only did he help us arrange the ceremony from start to finish, and find a fabulous photographer, but he helped make the ceremony what it was: perfect! We couldn't have done it without Kevin and I cannot thank him enough!

Profile Picture Susan, 3/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin was the perfect fit our intimate family wedding in Central Park. I reviewed several "potentials" but after reading his bio, my heart felt he was the one. This was a second wedding for both my husband and myself. We did not want decorations or flash. We wanted the focus to be on the commitment, vows, and blended family. No guest were invited, just simply our children. My husband and I opted to write our own vows, but Kevin's ceremony, guidance, advice, and message about the two families coming together as one......let me say, there was not a dry eye. Kevin listened to my wishes, read the bios we sent him, and by doing so he made our day unforgettable.
I planned my wedding from states away and Kevin was prompt to answer and continually reassured me. My husband and I honestly could not have asked for more. We would highly, highly recommend Kevin!
Thank you again Kevin. You will always be special to our family.

Profile Picture Lauri, 3/19/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Methodist, Orthodox Christian, Customized Vows, Licensed

Kevin is a selfless person. He waited an extra 1hr and half to make one of the most important day in my life possible. He is 100% genuine and kind person

Profile Picture Kamarlo, 2/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kevin was great, he made our day special and perfect, and 24 hours before our planned date and time he was able to reschedule with us due to inclement weather. He was very personal and took the time to make our ceremony special! Thank you Kevin!

Profile Picture rebecca , 12/30/15, 3 Reviews