Kernsy Events Reviews

Kernsy Events 2
Kernsy Events 3
Kernsy Events 4

Billy Calder · Getting married on 12/03/2020

Reliable DJ/MC and Cool Dude!

Zach was highly responsive, flexible, easygoing, and professional. He even MC'd when called upon! Highly recommended

Sent on 05/10/2019

Cindy Marks · Married on 08/03/2019

DJ Kernsy was a smash!

Zach did an INCREDIBLE job at our wedding last weekend. My husband and I are huge music fans, so between all the different vendors, picking the right dj was at the very top of the list. Lucky for us, Zach won us over right away with his easy going demeanor and deep musical knowledge, and then continued to impress in the weeks to come with his thoughtful responses and attention to detail.

Day of the wedding everything turned out just as we had imagined! All the ceremony cues were executed perfectly. During cocktail hour and dinner, there were so many unique selections that people were grooving in their seats. All of the introductions were polite and well-considered, and once it came time for dancing, everyone was fully on board and ready to party. I’m not even exaggerating when I say that the floor was packed the entire time! Couldn’t have asked for anything more, thank you so much again, Kernsy Events!!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Gao · Married on 07/23/2019

Great music, vibe, and energy!

Zach was our DJ for our anniversary dinner, and he kept the music and dancing SUPER LIT throughout the night. He really knew how to gauge the audience to deliver the best vibes. I couldn't have had a better DJ! Super professional and incredibly accommodating (we asked for additional hours on the last minute) - I can't recommend more!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Jerry Wang · Married on 06/09/2019

Fast response, good DJ, fantastic vendor

Very good service from Zach for my own wedding

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Marcella

Marcella Rodriguez · Married on 06/01/2019

The easiest vendor to work with!

Zach was so pleasant to work with! When our previous DJ bailed a month before the wedding we were in a panic to find someone else. Luckily Zach was available and came recommended by a friend. I truly believe everything happens for a reason because we quickly realized having Zach as our DJ really completed our wedding.

He was easy to work with, listened to our requests without hesitation and delivered an evening of tunes perfectly tailored for the different moments of the event.

Thanks, Zach!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Peter M · Married on 04/27/2019

Great DJ for any event!

We had great experience working with Zach! He was easy to reach and talk to. Zach promptly addressed any questions and concerns that came up in preparation for our wedding. He did a great job incorporating our song selections into the playlist and everyone had a great time at our wedding.

We were very happy and would definitely recommend Zach for any event!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Matt Hoppenstadt · Married on 02/23/2019

Nothing but jams

Zach was awesome at our wedding.

He was a pleasure to work with and rocked an awesome party. Dealing with him was super easy. I had nightmares of having a guy in a gold vest play the electric slide at my wedding and that is not Zach’s deal at all. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Sara · Married on 01/19/2019

The dance floor was packed!

Zach was fantastic! He was so flexible – I sent most of my music requests the week of my wedding, and he incorporated them into his playlist with absolutely no warning. The volume of the music was well-controlled, the announcements were brief, and he pronounced everyone’s name correctly (much appreciated!). His song choices were excellent, and he kept the energy level high -- the dance floor was packed throughout the night! He is truly an excellent DJ, and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Christy

Christy Petray · Married on 12/28/2018

Hire him or you'll regret it!

Zach is an amazing person and DJ! He was laid back and easy to work with prior to and during the wedding. With Zach at the turntable, I didn't have to worry; I knew he had it covered. We sent him a Spotify list prior to the wedding so he could get an idea of what we wanted. He enhanced our list by adding his own suggestions which were perfectly chosen. He took request, and spun one hit straight into the next! And did I mention he is extremely affordable??? If you haven't booked him for your event, you need to do so immediately!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Patrick · Married on 10/20/2018

Yasssss!!!

We had a great experience with Zach. He was super quick and thorough in all of our communications pre-wedding. Being a gay male-wedding, we wanted gay diva disco dancing music (no garth brooks, thanks) and he delivered! If a song wasn't vibing and people were heading to their seats, he changed the song - this kept people dancing all night long. A number of my guests complimented me on our choice of DJ.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Matt

Matt A · Married on 10/13/2018

What a blast with DJ Kernsy Marfa, TX Wedding

With all the planning that goes into a wedding, nothing is quite as important as the music and I couldn’t be happier with Kernsy Events. My wife and I got married in Marfa, TX. Not the easiest place to get to. Zach made it a breeze. He said the travel wouldn’t be a problem and looked forward to being back in Marfa. We discussed the feel we were going for and suggested some songs and he played off that to rave reviews. Everyone was so happy and we danced for hours. I recommend Zach for a job well done, being easy to work with, and for playing music that gets people moving. What a night it was! Thanks Zach!! Matt and Marie

Sent on 10/23/2018

Alana · Married on 10/06/2018

The BEST after-party DJ I could've asked for!

If you're looking for a great DJ, your search can stop here!!! Zach is incredibly professional, energetic, and FUN! He made the whole process of looking for and booking a DJ super easy (truly the easiest part of planning my wedding!) and was extremely responsive. He even coordinated with my venue to make sure all the equipment was available and he provided his own when needed. I hadn't worked with any vendor who went that above and beyond. I sent him a Spotify playlist to let him know what style of music I was looking for and he worked off of that beautifully and creatively. The dancefloor was packed the whole time and had our venue not stopped the party, I'm sure it would've gone on all night! I can't wait to hire him again for future parties!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Assumpta · Married on 08/25/2018

More than we expected

When it came down to our two choices, we chose Zach because he looked like a hip, trendy DJ with this California-cool. And he sure was! He out-performed himself and was funny, engaging and not shy! He MCd and DJd the wedding perfectly and even helped me out during the wedding to put together a playlist for a short video I showed. He is friendly, calm and SO NICE. He ended up being our most favourite vendor; easygoing, genuine and truly wanting to make us happy. I have no doubts about Zach and no doubt he will please everyone who chooses him. I had a lot of stress with other vendors so trust me when I say, take this review to heart. Zach will not disappoint!!!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so glad we found Zach for our wedding - we wanted an awesome dance party and he completely delivered! He took our requests and built out an awesome list that had our guests dancing like crazy, even at 3pm for our brunch wedding! He also put in extra time and effort the day before to make sure he could plug in to the venue’s sound system after we discovered the venue setup was different than anticipated - ultimately buying almost 100ft of cable to make it happen, and took care of everything with the venue’s event team...we are so grateful and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Jeana · Married on 05/12/2018

DJ Kernsy was extremely enthusiastic, prepared, and professional. He took care of all sound / AV needs for our wedding reception and cocktail hour without any issue or stress on our end at all. He is a true professional!

More importantly, however, DJ Kernsy completely understood the vibe for the evening that my husband and I were aiming for and he was able to take that and run. He has excellent taste, and was able to pick up on our musical direction very easily. Our friends and family had a blast and we danced the night away! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Daniel · Married on 04/22/2018

Wow what can I say... first off not only was Zach talented and professional at his job, but by the end of the night we felt like he was part of the family!! Loved every moment and could not recommend enough. Thank you Zach :-)

Sent on 05/31/2018

B · Married on 12/23/2017

DJ Kernsey was a tremendous hit at our reception. His professionalism and timing with everything was impeccable. I would highly recommend his services to anyone getting married in the NYC area.

Sent on 12/27/2017
  • F

Francis · Married on 10/07/2017

DJ Kernsey was our wedding DJ and he did not disappoint. Zach was great to work with. He communicated in a prompt and professional manner. We did not pick each individual song but we gave him a list of what we wanted and he was able to fill out an entire program based on it. What was most important was that I saw all of our guests dancing, singing, and having a great time. Our guests told us he was one of the best wedding DJs they experienced. I highly recommend him for any wedding or party you might be planning.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Casey · Married on 08/26/2017

Zach was amazing! He was very easy to work with. He met with us in person beforehand to discuss the playlist and he fulfilled our song requests at our wedding. Our friends and family had a great time thanks to his help! We highly recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a great DJ.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2017

As soon as my husband and I decided to have a wedding, choosing Zach as our DJ was a no brainer. When we couldn’t think of a wedding song, Zach was there to save the day with a song that perfectly matched our vibe, and when we slacked on giving Zach a playlist he, the consummate professional, played music that was enjoyed by all. Our wedding turned out to be the best freakin’ dance party ever and I wish I had a reason to hire Zach to DJ for us again.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Daniel · Married on 08/06/2017

I saw DJ Kernsy tear it up at Goodroom in Greenpoint on a few wild nights, so when he agreed to play our wedding, I already felt lucky. Needless to say, he tore it up. Besides making my wife's and my most special day even more magical, we got a lifelong friend in the process. Zach is my favorite DJ in the world, period.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Kernsy Events 5
    Kernsy Events 6
    Kernsy Events 7
    Kernsy Events 8

Stacey · Married on 06/23/2017

We had the best experience working with DJ Kernsy, he was always very responsive which really helped during that stressful planning stage. We really wanted to have people dance at the wedding and DJ Kernsy really delivered! He even created a custom mix for our first dance which was amazing. Everyone kept telling us how great the music was! We would highly recommend DJ Kernsy to anyone planning a fun event!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Beth · Married on 06/17/2017

Zach is fantastic! We gave him a long list of songs we wanted to hear and he played a ton of them, mixing in some others to ensure our guests kept dancing. We only had him play for 2 hours (we had a band for earlier in the evening), but everyone was up and dancing for those 2 hours. Such a blast!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Keith · Married on 10/14/2016

My wife and I had a fantastic experience working with DJ Kernsy. Leading up to our wedding day, he was always friendly, available, and seemed genuinely interested in what music we would like to hear the day of. With the help of DJ Kernsy, we were able to create a laid back vibe that promoted partying and, most importantly, a ton of dancing. People did not leave the dance floor for the final three hours of the night and we have DJ Kernsy to thank for that. I have had multiple family members and friends tell me that they have never danced so much in their life and all had glowing reviews of DJ Kernsy. We received our wedding photos this week and the energy depicted in the dance floor photos is the only thing that can truly do justice to just how great of a job DJ Kernsy did. If you want to create a memorable dance floor the day of your wedding then DJ Kernsy is the guy for the job.

Sent on 12/01/2016