Kernsy Events Reviews

36 Reviews for Kernsy Events

36 Kernsy Events Reviews

Patrick · Married on 10/20/2018

Yasssss!!!

We had a great experience with Zach. He was super quick and thorough in all of our communications pre-wedding. Being a gay male-wedding, we wanted gay diva disco dancing music (no garth brooks, thanks) and he delivered! If a song wasn't vibing and people were heading to their seats, he changed the song - this kept people dancing all night long. A number of my guests complimented me on our choice of DJ.

• Matt

Matt A · Married on 10/13/2018

What a blast with DJ Kernsy Marfa, TX Wedding

With all the planning that goes into a wedding, nothing is quite as important as the music and I couldn’t be happier with Kernsy Events. My wife and I got married in Marfa, TX. Not the easiest place to get to. Zach made it a breeze. He said the travel wouldn’t be a problem and looked forward to being back in Marfa. We discussed the feel we were going for and suggested some songs and he played off that to rave reviews. Everyone was so happy and we danced for hours. I recommend Zach for a job well done, being easy to work with, and for playing music that gets people moving. What a night it was! Thanks Zach!! Matt and Marie

Alana · Married on 10/06/2018

The BEST after-party DJ I could've asked for!

If you're looking for a great DJ, your search can stop here!!! Zach is incredibly professional, energetic, and FUN! He made the whole process of looking for and booking a DJ super easy (truly the easiest part of planning my wedding!) and was extremely responsive. He even coordinated with my venue to make sure all the equipment was available and he provided his own when needed. I hadn't worked with any vendor who went that above and beyond. I sent him a Spotify playlist to let him know what style of music I was looking for and he worked off of that beautifully and creatively. The dancefloor was packed the whole time and had our venue not stopped the party, I'm sure it would've gone on all night! I can't wait to hire him again for future parties!

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so glad we found Zach for our wedding - we wanted an awesome dance party and he completely delivered! He took our requests and built out an awesome list that had our guests dancing like crazy, even at 3pm for our brunch wedding! He also put in extra time and effort the day before to make sure he could plug in to the venue’s sound system after we discovered the venue setup was different than anticipated - ultimately buying almost 100ft of cable to make it happen, and took care of everything with the venue’s event team...we are so grateful and would recommend him to anyone!

Jeana · Married on 05/12/2018

DJ Kernsy was extremely enthusiastic, prepared, and professional. He took care of all sound / AV needs for our wedding reception and cocktail hour without any issue or stress on our end at all. He is a true professional!

More importantly, however, DJ Kernsy completely understood the vibe for the evening that my husband and I were aiming for and he was able to take that and run. He has excellent taste, and was able to pick up on our musical direction very easily. Our friends and family had a blast and we danced the night away! Would recommend to anyone!

Daniel · Married on 04/22/2018

Wow what can I say... first off not only was Zach talented and professional at his job, but by the end of the night we felt like he was part of the family!! Loved every moment and could not recommend enough. Thank you Zach :-)

B · Married on 12/23/2017

DJ Kernsey was a tremendous hit at our reception. His professionalism and timing with everything was impeccable. I would highly recommend his services to anyone getting married in the NYC area.

• F

Francis · Married on 10/07/2017

DJ Kernsey was our wedding DJ and he did not disappoint. Zach was great to work with. He communicated in a prompt and professional manner. We did not pick each individual song but we gave him a list of what we wanted and he was able to fill out an entire program based on it. What was most important was that I saw all of our guests dancing, singing, and having a great time. Our guests told us he was one of the best wedding DJs they experienced. I highly recommend him for any wedding or party you might be planning.

Casey · Married on 08/26/2017

Zach was amazing! He was very easy to work with. He met with us in person beforehand to discuss the playlist and he fulfilled our song requests at our wedding. Our friends and family had a great time thanks to his help! We highly recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a great DJ.

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2017

As soon as my husband and I decided to have a wedding, choosing Zach as our DJ was a no brainer. When we couldn’t think of a wedding song, Zach was there to save the day with a song that perfectly matched our vibe, and when we slacked on giving Zach a playlist he, the consummate professional, played music that was enjoyed by all. Our wedding turned out to be the best freakin’ dance party ever and I wish I had a reason to hire Zach to DJ for us again.

Daniel · Married on 08/06/2017

I saw DJ Kernsy tear it up at Goodroom in Greenpoint on a few wild nights, so when he agreed to play our wedding, I already felt lucky. Needless to say, he tore it up. Besides making my wife's and my most special day even more magical, we got a lifelong friend in the process. Zach is my favorite DJ in the world, period.

Kernsy Events 1
    Kernsy Events 2
    Kernsy Events 3
    Kernsy Events 4

Stacey · Married on 06/23/2017

We had the best experience working with DJ Kernsy, he was always very responsive which really helped during that stressful planning stage. We really wanted to have people dance at the wedding and DJ Kernsy really delivered! He even created a custom mix for our first dance which was amazing. Everyone kept telling us how great the music was! We would highly recommend DJ Kernsy to anyone planning a fun event!

Beth · Married on 06/17/2017

Zach is fantastic! We gave him a long list of songs we wanted to hear and he played a ton of them, mixing in some others to ensure our guests kept dancing. We only had him play for 2 hours (we had a band for earlier in the evening), but everyone was up and dancing for those 2 hours. Such a blast!

Keith · Married on 10/14/2016

My wife and I had a fantastic experience working with DJ Kernsy. Leading up to our wedding day, he was always friendly, available, and seemed genuinely interested in what music we would like to hear the day of. With the help of DJ Kernsy, we were able to create a laid back vibe that promoted partying and, most importantly, a ton of dancing. People did not leave the dance floor for the final three hours of the night and we have DJ Kernsy to thank for that. I have had multiple family members and friends tell me that they have never danced so much in their life and all had glowing reviews of DJ Kernsy. We received our wedding photos this week and the energy depicted in the dance floor photos is the only thing that can truly do justice to just how great of a job DJ Kernsy did. If you want to create a memorable dance floor the day of your wedding then DJ Kernsy is the guy for the job.

Michael · Married on 10/08/2016

Wall to wall dance party - that's what we asked for, and that's what we got.

Zach was great. He took our input in the weeks/months before our wedding, then used it on our wedding night to create the atmosphere that we were looking for. Not only did we love it, but all our guests did too.

He played enough new hits to keep all the friends on the dance floor, and mixed in enough classics to keep the family happy too.

All the admin stuff was easy too - simple contract, easy to get in touch with, all around straight shooter.

Anthony · Married on 08/13/2016

Got people dancing I've never seen dancing. Played our requested songs. Played a bunch of songs people requested on the fly. Everything he played was really crowd pleasing and not your standard wedding drivel. He was responsive and easy to work with too. No complaints.

katie · Married on 07/30/2016

Zach was awesome!! He took the time to get to know us and find out what we were looking for. We wanted a fun and laid back wedding. He wanted something hip and not the normal wedding feel. Zach is a true artist and made our wedding so special. All of our guests were on the dance floor and raving about the music. I highly recommend.

Natalie · Married on 06/26/2016

The number one thing to always remember is let the professionals do what they do best. Zach did exactly that for us. When we were planning our wedding, I turned to my brother for help with the music. He had nothing but wonderful things to say about Zach, and how great he is at what he does. When I dared to ask my brother a question regarding Zach's style his response to me was, "If you want a F***ing great DJ Zach is your guy" and without hesitation we hired him.

When we had questions he was quick to respond always making us feel like we were his #1 priority. And as we drew closer to the wedding date he reached out reminding us what we owed him, first dance song, father daughter song etc. We had told Zach what type of music we liked though we also said that we understood some of what we liked may not get the guests up and out of their seats. We told him do what you do, your the professional and we wanted to be sure he knew we trusted him. We reusted his experience and expertise in music so much so that when the moment came for us to walk out as the new Mr. and Mrs. we had forgotten to give Zach a song. Instead of freeking out we looked at our wedding planner shrugged our shoulders and said, "tell him to play whatever he thinks is best!" And low and behold he played one of my favorite songs and the same musicians/band that my husband and I had ever danced to. He knew us and we were thrilled!

Since our wedding (June 26, 2016) we have received nothing but compliments about DJ Kernsy. Zach traveled from NYC to LA for our wedding, and though that might stress some brides it was teh best decision we made. We went with our instincts and trusted Zach to do his thing and he delivered. Thank you Zach for making our day so special and wonderful.

Mike · Married on 04/22/2016

Zach was an absolute pro, from set up to breakdown, he was prepared, attentive and enthusiastic. Prior to the wedding day, he welcomed our input for the night's playlist and had the versatility to expand upon our selections in whatever genre we threw at him. On the night, he was able to adjust to the mood of the crowd with ease. Highly recommended!

Can't say enough positive things about our wedding DJ! He provided a service that included many of the things we asked for, and went beyond our expectations. From the beginning, we were able to get a clear idea of the service DJ Kernsy provides - he communicated clearly and stayed in touch to answer our questions. His performance at the reception was entertaining, professional, and smooth-running. We got what we wanted: a DJ who was on time and prepared, had great equipment, could play greatest hits and wedding favorites, as well as take requests. All the important dances were beautiful since we were able to coordinate our playlist and special songs with the DJ. He's got a great presence and attitude, and adds his own style with unique tracks and not just what you expect to hear. We were having a great time thanks to the constant flow of awesome music! Can't recommend this DJ enough!

DJ Kernsy has an extensive collection of music; from classic hits to fun pop songs everyone can dance to. He was very professional and did a great job motivating the crowd to get down on the dance floor. My guests are still telling me that they had never danced so much in their lives! I highly recommend him!

Brent · Married on 10/24/2015

DJ Kernsy made out wedding a night to never forget! From the MC'ing to the DJ'ing all the way from the start of the reception to the late night, the energy level was always perfect for the specific moments of our night. I would HIGHLY recommend Zack for any wedding or other event if you're looking for professional service (with a smile)!

Daniel · Married on 08/14/2015

Kerns was amazing, played all our favorite songs and more that fit perfectly with our playlist. Fun, easy to work with, everyone had a blast!

We had a relatively informal backyard wedding. Zach was absolutely perfect. The music and vibe were spot on. It would not have been the same wedding if he was not DJing. Highly, highly recommended.