Kentucky Pro DJ Reviews

147 | Richmond, KY

147 Reviews for Kentucky Pro DJ

Susan Hyland · Getting married on 12/09/2020

10/10 Would recommend KY Pro DJ!

Jason and Russ were our DJs/MCs for our 9/12/2020 wedding and could not have been happier with their performance! We had a lot of unexpected changes to our wedding plans in the week leading up to our big day, and they rolled with the punches and were super flexible and easy to communicate/get a hold of. We told them our top priority was to get the dance floor filled and party going- and they did just that! We have had endless compliments from guests regarding how amazing the music was and how much fun they had dancing the whole night. Jason does an exceptional job of reading the room and playing it by ear. He made it so the last thing we had to do was worry about facilitating the flow of our reception. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy our night. Well worth the investment!!!

Sent on 09/16/2020
  • LeighAnn

Leighann Adams · Married on 08/29/2020

Awesome DJ!

We had Kentucky Pro DJ our wedding on 8/29/20. They did an excellent job with the MC and we got so many compliments on the music played! There was never a dull moment the whole night and we had an excellent time. We also had the photo booth and that was a big hit! Couldn’t imagine having anyone else DJ/MC our day, highly recommend KY pro!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Andrew

Andrew Johnston · Married on 06/20/2020

Fantastic and Flexible

Jason was wonderful to work with. He provided great sound for our ceremony and reception. All the guests loved his music choices for the evening and he got everyone, including the grandmas, out onto the dance floor. Our guests especially loved the photo booth they provided. With COVID we were unable to have physical props but the photobooth allowed you to add digital “props” via filter to both still pictures and gifs and all our guests had so much fun with it.

Sent on 09/04/2020
  • Derrick

Derrick Archibald · Married on 04/11/2020

Calm, Collected, and Professional

Jason with Pro DJ could not have been a better choice for our wedding. The meetings with Jason went incredibly smooth and helped ease all of my wife's worries. The day of the wedding went even smoother with Jason's help and, we received multiple compliments for Jason and his choice of music. Every generation there loved the music choices.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Stichnot · Married on 01/07/2020

Kentucky Pro DJ, Jason Henninger EXCELLENT

We hired Kentucky Pro DJ, Jason Henninger when our oldest daughter was married several years ago. When we were hosting another daughters wedding we immediately went to Jason. Jason is a great communicator, listens, pays close attention to details, keeps the guests engaged and the dance floor full. I would highly recommend Jason and Kentucky Pro DJ.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • CHRIS

CHRIS COLLIER · Married on 10/26/2019

Simply Amazing

I am so glad we chose to work with KY Pro DJ. The entire process was stress-free and they had everyone out on the Dance floor. If you get the opportunity, request Brent!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Murray · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Dj, music, and experience

Kentucky Pro Dj was everything we were looking for in a Dj. When we first started looking for a Dj we wanted someone who would be able to capture our relationship through music as well as keep our guest dancing the night away throughout the reception. Kentucky Pro not only delivered but made our day so much more special with the little things such as a lighted piece that had our initials on it. Jason was amazing to work with and helped to make the process so easy with the online picking of songs. We were worried about new music and lyrics but Kentucky Pro is family friendly and everyone raved about the music choices and how much they loved the Dj. We could not have been more happy with our choice.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Blake Branham · Married on 09/21/2019

The Branham Childress Wedding

1) The most important thing was that we got all the songs we wanted played and we did.
    2) The only concerns we really had were making sure everything was organized in the way we wanted and they most definitely were.
    3) We chose Ky Pro DJ because I have seen them in action before and it was an amazing party with great vibes. So you can say it was an easy decision.
    4) Our experience was a very great and happy one. Everything went the way we wanted with absolutely no hassle and KY Pro DJ took a lot of stress off of us. All we had to do was show up and dance. I promise, words can’t describe how thankful we are that we chose KY Pro DJ.
    5) The only advice I have for others considering to choose Ky Pro DJ, is get ready to party and have a great time because they are the real deal!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Hunter Botz · Married on 09/13/2019

True Professionals!!

1.) What was most important to you with DJ Services?
    Great sound quality and seamless transitions! It was absolute perfection.

2.) What were your biggest concerns about DJ Services?
    That there would be awkward moments during the ceremony and reception... there were none! Jason Timed the music perfectly and knew exactly what to do.

I didn’t have to feel anxious about things at all because he helped us move things along and he just had everything under control.

3.) Why did you pick our services?
    They did such an amazing job at my brother’s wedding and we knew we wanted them for ours! They were literally the first vendor we booked!

4.) How was the experience for you with our services?
    Wonderful. We didn’t have a wedding planner and Jason just helped us navigate everything seamlessly. I am BIG on sound quality and their equipment is the real deal!
    Couldn’t have been any happier .

5.) Any advice for others considering Kentucky Pro DJ?

Um, CHOOSE THEM!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 08/23/2019

Too legit to quit.

Where do I start with Kentucky Pro DJ? Whenever choosing a DJ there were a couple of things that I was looking for and truly wanted. First, I wanted to book a DJ that was fun and easy to work with. Wedding planning can get stressful and if vendor communication is stressful then it can become a disaster. Jason was absolutely everything I could have asked for when it came to easy communication and friendliness. Super awesome guy and we talked for hours, it’s like you’ve known him your whole life. Second, I wanted a DJ to give me great advice! At the end of the day I’m not the professional and I wanted to hear what he had to say when it came to my ideas. Jason always offered his opinions and didn’t always tell me just what I wanted to hear which ended up being crucial in the end. I appreciate him SO much for that because it can be easy to just go along with the client and not offer the best option for your wedding day. Lastly, I wanted a DJ that played the music that I wanted and got the party started! Jason played all my top favorites and there was never a dull moment where people were not dancing and having an absolute blast.

In the big saturated field of wedding vendors and DJ’s I knew music and atmosphere could make or break your wedding. I found Kentucky Pro DJ because a good friend used him for her wedding and went on and on about how amazing he was and how talented. Once I skimmed his social media and saw all the different events he dj’ed for (not just weddings) you could tell that he was legit. And he was more than legit.

The wedding day was amazing and flowed so nicely and a lot of that was because of how great Jason was. Highly recommend would be selling him short so I 1,000% think you need Jason as apart of your wedding day. You won’t regret it.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Caroline C Tyler · Married on 06/01/2019

Jason is the best!

I can't recommend Jason and Kentucky Pro DJ enough. They went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly at our wedding reception. Our guests had a great time and Jason played a big role in our event's success. Jason is very professional, accommodating, and thorough. He went above and beyond the duties of a DJ and was helpful throughout our entire planning process. We were so happy to have Jason as a part of our team and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Megan · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing !!!

Working with KY Pro DJ was a breeze ! Brent made our night spectacular!! Me and my husband would highly recommend them to anyone who does not want to have to worry if their guests are going to have a good time. Brent made sure the dance floor stayed full all night long !!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 05/24/2019

I had so much fun!

I always wonder when I read perfect reviews whether the people writing them are real. In fact, when I initially read the reviews on this page I thought it might be too good to be true.

But, having been a customer, I would give nothing but the highest recommendation to Kentucky Pro DJ. Each element of planning, from my initial meeting to reminders to paperwork and payment was easy and efficient. KY Pro DJ staff were extremely respectful of my time, as wedding planning can keep you very busy. I was pleased with how meetings were fun, to the point, and comprehensive. They also provided great tips, like how to keep your guests dancing.

Brent was our MC and he did an amazing job helping us plan the perfect timeline for the reception. We relied on his expertise, which was a great decision, because everything flowed smoothly and allowed us time to enjoy ourselves and do what we most wanted, which was dance! I will also add that Brent was very professional, relaxed, and just seemed like an all-around fun sort of person who inspired me to be the life of the party. He was clearly having fun watching my new husband and I have fun, and he never seemed rushed at all. Brent obviously has a passion for his work and made it seem effortless. I will probably join his fan club, that's how great he was.

I could tell that KY Pro DJ had closely reviewed our reception planning forms. I heard a lot of my favorites played and the dance floor was full most of the night. In fact, I moved a couple of tables to expand the dance floor because people were having so much fun! Because KY Pro DJ assigns both an MC and a DJ to each event, all the transitions were seamless and smooth. The staff works together like a well-oiled machine.

Finally, I will say that as a bride who worked with several different vendors, it was a huge relief that I never once had to nag KY Pro DJ, worry about whether they would follow through or have the right equipment, etc. It was so nice to be able to trust them to do a good job, and on a day that should be full of joy, you just can't put a price on not having to worry, because a bad DJ can ruin a reception. I would highly recommend KY Pro DJ to any engaged couple, and have already sent their contact information to my best friend, who will be tying the knot next year.

It's so easy to want to scrimp and save on things when it comes to wedding planning, and I'm always very frugal. But I promise you that nobody will care about the napkins or linens you use. They WILL care about the quality of your DJ. KY Pro is the way to go!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Johnson · Married on 03/08/2019

Best night ever!

We had such a great time with Brent at our wedding! Everything was so seamless between announcements, toasts, and dancing. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily Norrick · Married on 10/06/2018

October 6, 2018 Wedding

Jason is incredible to work with! He was always very responsive to us and the best DJ I could’ve asked for. He’s an awesome person too who we enjoyed getting to know. Our dance floor was packed and so much fun! I highly recommend the glow sticks and photo mirror. Our guests loved it and so did we!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Christan · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Brent from Ky Pro DJ was a pleasure to work with. He was fun, upbeat, very professional, organized, and just made the entire event very classy and special. He was very easy to communicate with, he had perfect song selection for reception, and handle the music perfectly for the ceremony. The monogram we ordered through Ky Pro DJ was absolutely beautiful!! We will absolutely be using them in the future and recommending them 100% to everyone we know. Great Job Brent!! You have a real voice and personality for this job.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

We LOVED Jason and i am so happy he was our MC for the evening! Our wedding planner knew we would love him and she was right! Jason is so professional and does whatever he needs to do to make sure EVERYONE at the wedding is having a great time.

I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Chelsea Riney · Married on 09/15/2018

Fantastic!

KY Pro DJ was the absolute best choice I made on my wedding day, besides marrying my sweet husband of course. Jason and his team were truly fantastic! I have received so many compliments from family and friends of all ages about how fun my wedding day was and that has everything to do with KY Pro DJ! I am so so so thankful I chose them!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely the best experience and DJ service we could have asked for! Jason is extremely thorough throughout the whole planning process and ensures your reception goes off without a hitch! Future brides-- I wouldn't waste any time looking elsewhere for your big day!

Sent on 09/08/2018
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/11/2018

KY Pro DJ should be your ONLY choice

Jason and the rest of the crew was amazing! I can not say enough kind words. I wasn't too concerned about the music, but my husband was. We didn't give too many restrictions, and were actually pretty vague with our music preferences... however, Jason knew JUST what our wedding needed! He listened to who we liked, and the style/setting of our wedding and made the music fit the vibes. Actually, the music SET the vibes ;) The music was perfect during ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. ZERO complaints! Also, he is the BEST MC for a wedding. He kept the night going and stayed on schedule, but more importantly, was entertaining and kept everyone active in the reception. We also booked their Photo Booth. This is one of my favorite memories from the night. They give the Bride and Groom a copy of every single photo and asked the guests to sign a scrapbook with their photo. (So thoughtful) AND, Jason surprised us with their selfie mirror!! GUYS, this thing is so cool!! (and yes, you guessed it, we now have all of those photos too!) Thank you again and again, KY Pro DJ!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Alexandra · Married on 07/28/2018

We simply can't say enough about Kentucky Pro DJ! Jason and his team played a vital role during our Wedding Planning process as well as on our Wedding day, especially since we ended up not hiring a Wedding planner/coordinator. Jason knew our Reception venue front to back and work extremely well with their staff to make our Cocktail Hour/Reception run smoothly! Jason was always willing to answer any questions we had and even helped us construct our Reception timeline. His recommendations were useful and constructive and without them, out Reception would not have turned out to be as fabulous as it was. On our Wedding day, Jason and his staff showed up in plenty of time to insure everything was setup and working flawlessly. Jason also kept us informed on exactly what was going to take place all night long. Not to mention the music was absolutely fantastic and exactly what we hoped for! Our guests were breaking it down on the dance floor the entire night! Our guests are still commenting on how swanky our dinner music was. Jason was so accommodating, he even helped us through a last minute request for a speech to be given at our Reception the night before, our Wedding day. Needless to say, Jason and his team are always willing to go the extra mile for their clients and in Wedding planning that is priceless!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Karen · Married on 06/30/2018

KY Pro DJ was fantastic! My guests LOVED the music played at the wedding. TJ Hood was our DJ for the wedding and he made it extra special by having a friend set up to sing for us at the reception. It was PERFECT and a wonderful gift to get to have her sing for us. The party was super fun and the guests danced all night long! He did a great job with the crowd...The photo booth and uplighting was also a perfect touch to make the reception perfect! I HIGHLY recommend this DJ for any wedding! It was awesome!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • W

Willie Overmann · Married on 06/30/2018

Great DJ! Highly recommend.

KY Pro was our DJ at our wedding back in June. We were recently reliving our experiences and how much fun it was. Adam and his assistants were fantastic. They were extremely professional, timely, and very flexible. Adam made for a great MC as well. Thirty minutes before they were scheduled to be finished, I asked if they would mind play another 30 minutes to keep the party going. Adam didn't even hesitate and he and his team kept up the same energy. I highly recommend Adam and Ky Pro.

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/29/2018

Jason and his team at Kentucky Pro DJ were an essential part of our wedding planning process and our wedding day. Leading up to our big day, Jason took time to get to know my husband and I individually and as a couple. The monthly planning checklist was very beneficial in keeping us on track throughout planning proceHaving a link to personalize our wedding music was fun and helped make our day SO much more special. My husband and I spent many nights listening to music and choosing music for our reception. On our wedding day, Jason showed up plenty early to make sure everything was absolutely flawless from beginning to end. Jason kept my husband informed on exactly what was going to happen all night long. We without a doubt highly recommend KY Pro DJ; they are true professionals and fantastic, caring individualize.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Brandon · Married on 06/16/2018

I absolutely could not have had a better experience working with Kentucky Pro DJ. We're STILL receiving compliments on how good of a job that Adam and Alex did with the entire ceremony!

Sent on 06/17/2018