Kensington Golf & Country Club Reviews

34 | Naples, FL

34 Reviews for Kensington Golf & Country Club

Cheryl Vandenburgh · Married on 02/15/2020

Fairytale Wedding Come True!

I cannot say enough great things about Kensington and Kelly! Our wedding day was a true fairytale. Kelly went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything and more – she is an absolute rock star. Everything was absolutely perfect and ran so smoothly. It was more than we ever could have dreamt. We are so grateful we decided on Kensington and so appreciative of Kelly and all her hard work to make sure our day was pure magic. The dinner service was incredible, our server Alexia was on top of her game the whole night making sure we always had a drink in hand. Everyone also loved the food, shout out to the chef! He even made us homemade pastries the morning of the wedding (what more can one want?). If you are looking for a wedding venue look no further, Kensington is the place to be!

Sent on 03/13/2020

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Cheryl & Brandon for the nice review. You were one of the happiest brides I have worked with and it was a true pleasure to be a part of your day. Congratulations again. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Allison Zawodny · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing venue that includes everything

When looking for a wedding venue, a lot of the places we looked at charged you individually for each napkin, each plate, each individual piece of passed hors d'oeuvres, etc. It was very difficult to figure out what the exact price would end up being, and it felt like it would be a surprise at the end. What we loved about Kensington was that it is a set price per guest and that includes everything from food to open bar to wait staff to linens and tables and chairs, etc. It made it very clear to see what you are actually going to end up paying. The service was fantastic. The food was delicious. And it's such a beautiful venue to get married at. We had our ceremony outside in the courtyard and it was so nice. Kelly was so helpful every step of the way with answering my questions and guiding us through the process. All of our family and friends have raved about what a blast they had at our wedding. We were really happy with how it all ended up working out and Kensington was by far the biggest part of that.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Allison & Matt! It was such a pleasure working with you both. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness and love.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect: Easy, Helpful, Attentive, Gorgeous

Honestly, it was a perfect night that could not have gone any better. It was worth every penny spent. Plus, it is one of the more reasonably priced venues here in Naples, FL!

Where should I even start? First off, Kelly Leonard, their event coordinator, is absolutely fantastic. She works with the bride and groom from day one to help ensure that everything will go smoothly. There was never a doubt in my mind that she had our best interests at heart with every suggestion that she made. Any question I had was typically answered within 24 hours, an attentiveness you don't regularly see. The day of the wedding, she helped to make sure the room looked gorgeous and that we did not notice anything that went wrong (seriously, I had no idea about anything until after and neither did my guests). Kelly went above and beyond when my florist's columns fell, destroying one of the arrangements, finding other flowers to put together within 5 minutes before I even noticed the difference.

The venue itself is stunning with multiple beautiful locations for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies, cocktail hours, and receptions. There is always room for a contingency plan in case of rain, and every option is fantastic.

The food was delicious (I highly recommend the potato bites, BBQ salmon, and vegetable wellington options) and consistent among all of my guests. The chef worked with us to help accommodate some more difficult dietary requests and allergies, ensuring that everyone had an equally delicious meal.

Finally, the staff was wonderfully attentive all day long. They helped make sure the room was flawlessly set, service was prompt, and that no one was left wanting anything all night long. My dad said his server never let his drink empty before offering another one, something he says is very important at a wedding with an open bar!

We cannot thank the staff of Kensington Golf and Country Club enough for their wonderful service and help. It truly made our wedding that much more special.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Ashley & Kenz. We were so happy to be a part of your big day. Congratulations! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
  • Juilet

Juilet · Married on 06/21/2019

Excellent. My vision was executed and the staff and Kelly were absolutely amazing. The attentive to details was what I expected and I received it.

Kelly and her team are amazing and very professional. My husband and I enjoyed every moment and the planning was easy and not stressful. Kelly answered emails and took my calls and adhered to every detail. She was present and ensured everything went perfectly for our special day. There was not one thing I can say went wrong. It was PERFECT. Thank you Kelly, Chef Ralph and the Kensington team, truly professionals.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Juilet for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you and Jeffery. Many wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • hannah

hannah · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly recommended

Kelly and her staff at Kensington are truly amazing! We couldn’t have asked for a better venue, coordinator or staff. Thank you Kensington Country Club for making our day a dream come true.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Hannah & Raul! It was an honor to be a part of your day! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.

Kat Hall · Married on 03/02/2019

Perfect Experience

Kensington was my #1 choice due to the simplicity of their package. Everything is included in the "per plate" price, there is no confusion or any extra, surprise charges. Kelly was very helpful with the planning, from start to finish. The venue itself is very accommodating, comfortable, and beautiful. The staff was beyond pleasant. Thank you so much.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Kat. It was such a pleasure working with you and Earl. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love!

Chelsea · Married on 02/07/2019

Wedding 2/9/19

Kelly and the staff at the Kensington we absolutely amazing! We had the most perfect day. Kelly kept in contact with us From the time we booked the Kensington up to the wedding. The food was amazing as well. We could not have asked for a better time!

Sent on 02/14/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Chelsea. It was a pleasure working with you and Pete. Best of Luck and Congratulations again. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love!

Brandi · Married on 12/15/2018

Perfect December Wedding

Kelly Leonard and her team at Kensington was absolutely fabulous. My wedding was perfect. Hands down the best venue in Naples and at a great/afforable cost.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Brandi and John! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day. Congratulations again!

Laura · Married on 11/03/2018

The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff treats you like family.

I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Kelly, the event planner, and her staff went above and beyond to make my husband's and I wedding unforgettable and beautiful.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Laura for your review. It was such a pleasure working with you Jordan! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Eleana · Married on 04/20/2018

Kelly and her crew were amazing from the beginning to end!!! Our day was amazing!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Eleana for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Aaron. Your family was a delight. Congratulations again. Best of Luck to you and Aaron!

Brooke · Married on 03/22/2018

Kelly was absolutely incredible, and her staff was unbelievably attentive! The event could not have gone smoother and the timing was absolutely perfect. Not to mention the food was so delicious! Everyone is still raving about the day! Thank you so much to Kensington for such an amazing, stress-feee time. :)

Sent on 11/15/2017

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Brooke. It was a pleasure meeting and working with you and your mom. Best of Luck!

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

Everyone at Kensington was so nice and such a pleasure to work with. The day of my wedding they checked in on us constantly and were very attentive. They also took care of my photographer and other vendors which I really appreciated. They made our special day magical.

Sent on 11/05/2017

I met Kelly about 3 months before the wedding and I have to say I was nervous to just be meeting the new person who would be handling my wedding since Rachel had left Kensington. However, Kelly blew me away! She spent the entire meeting going over every detail to ensure she knew exactly what we needed, when we needed it, and ideas of what we may need. She then went over everything AGAIN to ensure we had it all the month of the wedding. She made herself extremely available and was so quick to respond to everything, even with a hurricane two weeks before our wedding. Kelly made sure everything went smoothly and it did! Multiple guests told us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to and that is in large part due to Kensington and the team there. The food was amazing, the service was perfect, and we couldn't have wished for anything better. I am so thankful for Kelly and Kensington and I am so sad the wedding is over because they were that good!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Abby for reviewing myself and Kensington. It was a true pleasure getting to work with you and Kyle. Best Wishes for a lifetime of happiness. Congratulations again.

Bobbi · Married on 09/23/2017

Kensington venue and team were absolutely amazing for our special day. They went over and beyond to help us and our family plan and have the wedding of our dreams. Rachael was absolutely wonderful to work with and made it easy to plan as well as trust their team to take everything over that day so we didn't have to stress one bit. Chef not only attended at the tasting and made us feel special with dinner service going on but he also brought our vision to the table leaving our guests still talking about how amazing the food was. Rachael and Domenic stayed through the night as well as their lead servers until after we did our exit to make sure every detail was taken care of. All the staff was helpful and on top of their service that night. Overall the vendors that we were recommended to us as well as the whole package we had made our special day perfect! We couldn't ask for anything more.

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/17/2017

I truly cannot say enough about our experience at Kensington. Bret and Jessica and their crew are rockstars! They were flexible, professional and had the utmost attention to detail for myself, my family and our guests during the big day. I planned my wedding from out of town and really could only communicate with Kensington via phone and email. They were prompt and very easy to get ahold of and answer any questions. We had two meetings with them in person over the course of our planning process and those were also thorough as well. You will NOT go wrong having a wedding here - they are the best!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Susan · Married on 06/11/2017

Bret was AMAZING!!! ...patient, creative and very helpful. Then, Jessica and Christina could not have been sweeter or more helpful on our wedding day as we got dressed and awaited our guests and the proper moment for the bridal party to walk down the isle. They even took special care to go out of their way to help with the best music selection for when the guests were arriving, when the bridal party walked down the isle and when I walked down the isle. The staff at the Kensington made our wedding a dream come true!!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Susan for the review. It was a pleasure working with you to make your day special.

Kaitlin · Married on 10/29/2016

Everyone at Kensington was a pleasure to work with for my wedding! They ALL went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and exactly what we wanted! The chef at Kensington is amazing! I had multiple people come up to me throughout the reception raving about the food! From the cocktail hour (including 3 hot stations), to the salad, entrees, warm doughnuts, and late night snacks everything was delicious! I would not have changed a thing! Beautiful country club and even more amazing staff!

Sent on 11/02/2016

The Kensington provided a great atmosphere for our wedding. They were flexible in allowing us to bring in our own head table and the flow of the room entering from the bar area and patio was perfect. We were very pleased with the kind service and professionalism shown by the Kensington. Now looking back at it, we wouldn't have wanted our wedding anywhere else. The scenery of the golf course provided a beautiful back drop to our head table and pictures for our guests. This venue allowed for the most lively and energized wedding we've ever been to.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kensington is very accommodating and eager to make sure your event is perfect. No stone left unturned. Great location, great food, and great staff. Our event was both indoor and outdoor. Brett and Rachel were very thorough and made sure all of our requests were incorporated into the event. Kensington went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and having a great time. I will definitely use Kensington again. Thank you!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2016

I only have fabulous things to say about our wedding at Kensington! Rachael was amazing spening her whole morning putting our candy buffet together, that was a big hit! Bret was excellent as well following Drew and I around making sure we had everything we needed. The entire day ran so smoothly. From start to finish working with the whole Kensington staff was out of this world!!! They all went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2016

Bret and the Kensington staff truly made our wedding one of the most special days of our lives. The Kensington team was extremely professional, hardworking and organized. Our wedding was better than we could have imagined!

We had guests with food restrictions. Bret asked for their phone numbers and called them personally to ask if the alternative food option would be to their liking. Our guests were very happy and felt cared for!

Rachel was very attentive and organized with our planning. She answered our emails very quickly and made us feel like we were her only customers (although she has several events she plans at the same time!)

Bret, Domenic, and Rachael met with us several times to discuss any questions that we had and went over all the details for the day-of. You can tell the team works really well together, because it showed during our event. The service was so personal, they really cared about making our day perfect.

The food was phenomenal! The chef at Kensington is extremely talented! We had the shrimp, bruschetta and chicken hand-passed hors d'oeuvres. All were delicious and presented beautifully. The salad had a lovely homemade vinaigrette. We had the filet and grouper entrees, as well as a vegan option. The grouper had a delicious mango chutney and the filet was cooked to perfection. Very impressive for a large group.

Bret went out of his way to take us on a golf cart with our photographer and show us the popular photo spots on the property. He took us all on a golf cart to the spot we chose to take sunset photos at on our wedding day. The photos came out really well!

The Kensington staff really did think of all the little details. We didn't have to worry about anything, except having fun! The events of the day flowed perfectly together and we are still receiving complements from our guests about how much fun they had.

We highly recommend Kensington for any event!

Sent on 06/12/2016

We love working with Rachael! She is always so helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent on 04/28/2016

vanessa · Married on 06/07/2014

We had our wedding at the Kensington and it was absolutely amazing!!! The most beautiful venue, completely breath taking. Working with Rebecca and Brett was fantastic they were so helpful and we felt like they were such a huge part of our special day. Everyone raved about the food, and the venue. The room we got ready in was awesome and the staff was so helpful, we had the perfect wedding and we believe the kensington was the reason for that! We can't wait to see the beautiful pictures!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Kensington Golf & Country Club's reply:

Vanessa and Jake it was our absolute pleasure to work with you and be a small part of your truly remarkable and memorable day. Thank you so much for choosing Kensington G&CC. Bret, Myself and the whole team wish you a life full of love and happiness! All the best, Rebecca

Vlad · Married on 06/22/2013

Wonderful work. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Vickie · Married on 02/04/2012

What a beautiful place to hold the ceremony and the reception was great. Jamie provided us with service that was beyond believe. The ffod was great and the facility was beautiful and clean. The bride and groom were very happy.

Sent on 04/12/2012