Ken Wenzel Music & Entertainment Reviews

19 | Leesburg, VA

19 Reviews for Ken Wenzel Music & Entertainment

Paige E. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Ken is amazing!

Ken is AWESOME! His ability to play different genres of music and sound good at it... is outstanding! I would highly recommend Ken for your next wedding, party, fundraiser etc. He's super easy to work with as well! Does everything he can to make your day perfect!

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Aiola

Aiola S. · Married on 12/18/2020

Ken felt like a longtime friend, and his music made our wedding feel like a dream

We found Ken through recommendations from the venue that we had our small wedding at, and were so lucky to have had him perform for us. He's extremely diverse with his music, and played songs that were familiar and perfect for each moment. We gave him complete reign over whatever he wanted to play, and he nailed it each time. Not only was his talent exceptional, but he very soon felt like he was a longtime friend of ours-extremely personable, nice, and so easy to work with. Cannot recommend enough, and can't wait to have him back for our next event!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • KEW

Kew · Married on 10/31/2020

Excellent-professional-great music

Excellent and easy to work with, even learning new songs, would hire again without reservation! The guests loved his talent and were impressed.

Sent on 11/12/2020

Jess M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic DJ!!

We hired Ken for our intimate wedding at Stone Mountain Vineyards, where he will play on occasion. We were so happy to have Ken for our special day. He played live acoustic guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour in addition to DJing our reception. You will not be disappointed in hiring Ken. He was professional and played perfect music for everything! We hope to have Ken at any future events we may have!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Lauren H. · Married on 05/30/2020

Ken is the Best, Offers it ALL!

Ken performed at my mother's surprise 60th birthday party, and it was exceptional! His song choices were perfectly tailored to the crowd, his voice was incredible, and interacted with the guests to keep momentum lively! He also offers DJ'ing services, which offered our party with the best of both worlds. As a professional event planner, I would recommend Ken without hesitation!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Mikaela G. · Married on 10/20/2019

Hire Ken!!

I was a bride who procrastinated on everything. When it came time to choosing our DJ, I interviewed six people - Ken being the last one, and once talking to him the choice was easy. He is so chill while also being very professional. He offers several years of experience, especially doing live performances - look him and go check him out sometime! He performed acoustic guitar during our ceremony & then transitioned to DJ for our reception. And let me tell you, he was a blast!! My friends and I didn't leave the dance floor all night. He really knows how to mix music to keep the positive energy and dance vibes going. He's great at reading the crowd and will happily accept song requests. My husband and I provided our day-of timeline to him two days before the wedding and he was such a breeze to work with that day. I was impressed with how calm and happy he was while keeping us on schedule, so we didn't have to think about it while mingling with our guests. We never felt rushed & just kept having fun, which is super important. Hire Ken, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • G. Gatti

G. Gatti · Married on 09/28/2019

Great music is a must at weddings!

Ken played everything we requested. He kept our guests on the dance floor. Plus his acoustic guitar/vocals during our cocktail hour were spot on! We definitely recommend him. He surpassed our expectations 👰🤵🏼🥂🎶

Sent on 10/02/2019

Lauren K. · Married on 08/17/2019

Incredibly Professional and Fantastic Experience!

My husband and I were impressed by Ken! He was immediately responsive to my initial request for information, followed up regularly, listened to what was important to us and followed through to ensure that our event was exactly what we wanted, and provided us with music that all of our guests raved about. Ken is an absolute professional and who truly stands out amongst all of the other music vendors I reached out to for our wedding.

Also, for what other DJ's charge (and for some, less than), he provided both acoustic music and DJ services. We had acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour and then transitioned to a DJ after dinner for dancing. It was the PERFECT situation that I had spent weeks hunting for before finding Ken.

My husband and I will be forever grateful for him and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for music services at their events.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/28/2019

Ken lived up to our expectations!

Ken was very responsive to our needs, he was even willing to accommodate our unique requests. Ken kept the crowd going during the reception and the music selection and lighting were amazing! Ken was a very genuine musician, he cared about the set up, the sound, and decor. I would work with Ken again in a heart beat! He made our wedding dream a reality!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic DJ!

Ken was amazing. He has an incredible talent, and really listens to his contractors to make sure they get what they want. I almost want to get married again just to enjoy the fantastic production from Ken!

Sent on 11/05/2020
  • Brian

Brian K. · Married on 06/08/2019

Super talented musician, DJ, and emcee!

We are so glad that we hired Ken! He served as our DJ, emcee, ceremony musician, and played an acoustic set during a post-ceremony cocktail hour that included a surprise visit from the local fire department and paramedics who responded when one of our guests had a medical emergency. Ken remained cool and collected and continued to play and sing and entertain our guests to the point where some remained unaware of the dramatic goings ons occurring just outside (our guest ended up being ok). Ken’s music choice during the reception created a great ambience during dinner and later, he got everyone out onto the dance floor (and kept them there) for hours. We highly recommend Ken!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/20/2019

Great Wedding DJ!

Ken did a great job as DJ for our wedding! He was professional, prompt and very accommodating. We wanted our wedding to have a fun and casual feel and that is exactly what Ken helped create. He set up lights by his booth that really made the space look incredible. Our guests were up and dancing and had a blast the whole night! Ken also did a great job in making sure our timeline was followed was was very kind to our guests. Thank you Ken for making our special day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Kristen W. · Married on 04/19/2019

Ken Made the Party!

Ken was the DJ for my 50th birthday party in April and was amazing to work with! His set-up, complete with lighting, took the room to a whole other level and created such a fun atmosphere for my guests. Given the ages ranged from 6 – 76, and the fact that everyone danced all night long, proved that his set list was a real hit with everyone. When the teenagers started making requests he accommodated with ease – we had to pull them off the dance floor at the end of the party. He was such a treat to work with and I would hire him again in a minute!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Meghan K. · Married on 04/06/2019

One-Stop for Wedding Entertainment

Ken is your one-stop shop for all your wedding entertainment needs. For our April 2019 wedding, Ken was our DJ and entertainment for our big day. He played an acoustic guitar set for our cocktail hour and I heard from numerous guests how much they enjoyed it. The DJ set he played was awesome and kept our guests on the dance floor the whole time! He also provided beautiful pink back-lighting that set the mood! You can't go wrong with Ken!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Mf Wain · Married on 10/25/2018

Rocked my birthday party!

Ken was amazing. Did an acoustic set that was killer and then ripped into a four hour DJ set that had everyone dancing all night. I would absolutely recommend hiring him again and again and again. He brought the party!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Gretchen · Married on 04/11/2018

Ken was the DJ for a fundraising event for a non-profit where I serve on the Board of Directors. The event needed just the right atmosphere for people to have fun and feel generous. We were raising critical funding for a career program that supports local foster care youth. He was phenomenal at reading the crowd, which was full of all ages, and was open to requests. Not only is he accommodating, but he is a really nice guy who seems to truly enjoy what he does. Don't hesitate - book him now!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Julie · Married on 10/23/2017

Ken did an amazing job with our wedding. First he was a replacement for our original musician who had an emergency a week prior to our wedding. Ken stepped up with confidence and managed all portions of the event. He not only learned new songs, played acoustic guitar in a remote location, performed vocally, and also became a DJ for our reception. He did so with style, grace, and humor. He was perfect for the event, and also allowed us to add hours onto the event. Ken will not disappoint you for this special event. Recommended with pleasure.

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • KRIV

Kriv · Married on 10/31/2020

Excellent Guitarist with Extensive Playlist and Beautiful Uplighting

I can not say enough about the professionalism and knowledge Ken brings as an acoustic guitarist for our wedding then reception at Sunset Hills Vineyard. Everyone loved his music and some even asked if he had a CD for sale. The red uplighting was stunning for our Halloween reception, he even provided the acoustic guitar music for our outdoor wedding. It was seamless and exquisitely executed!! I recommend him without reservation for any event you need these types of services.

Sent on 11/04/2020

Daniel I. · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Wedding DJ and Live Guitar

Ken did a great job for our cocktail reception and wedding. He played live guitar with a wide variety of country and rock at the cocktail reception.

For the reception, he followed the timeline we gave him and made sure the music got people going. He wasn't the center of attention on the Mic, letting us (bride and groom) take over when we wanted to teach line dancing to our guests.

I would recommend to others in Loudoun county getting married!

Sent on 05/30/2019