Kelilina Photography and Films Reviews

Kelilina Photography and Films 6
Kelilina Photography and Films 7
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/30/2019

Everything I could have dreamed of

I got married last month to the man of my dreams at the most beautiful location I could dream of, on the beach in Kona Hawaii. Sarah, from Kelilina Photography was absolutely AMAZING! I am not exaggerating one bit. My husband and I aren’t the best in front of the camera. We are what some may say camera shy. Sarah broke us out of that shell and captured some miraculous photos capturing the beauty of Hawaii and the love my husband and I have for each other. She even got a few photos of my husband with this look that he is giving me, and I cry because it’s a look I’ve never seen him give to me before. It’s a look that shows how much he truly loves me. I would 100% recommend for others to chose Kelilina Photography to capture special moments and don’t forget to ask for Sarah she’s incredible! You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Kelilina Photography and Films 12
    Kelilina Photography and Films 13
    Kelilina Photography and Films 14

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

I'm so glad you enjoyed Sarah's company...isn't she just great to be around?! And yes, her photos are awesome, I'm glad you love them too! Thanks for choosing Kelilina Photography...don't forget, now that you're a part of the Kelilina Family, you'll receive a lifetime discount of 20% off any future photo sessions, so be sure to look us up next time you're in Hawai'i or South Florida. Best wishes for a beautiful marriage!
  • Corie

Corie · Married on 06/01/2019

Such beautiful photos!

I tried to convince my fiancé that we didn’t need anything fancy in terms of photography- why not just let our guests take pictures on their phones? I’m so glad he disagreed- the photos we got back from Sheri and her team are nothing short of stunning. On top of that, they were a pleasure to have at the wedding- so many of my guests mentioned how friendly and professional they were, and they went out of their way to get the kind of candid, quirky shots you dream about. I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Corie, your original idea for your wedding photos is giving me heart palpitations!...I'm so glad Matt convinced you otherwise:) It was a gorgeous day at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens, and was equally as fun - your friends and family were fantastic to be around.
    Welcome to the Kelilina Photography family....don't forget, you'll now receive a lifetime discount of 20% off, so we hope to see a lot more of you as your family continues to grow! Congratulations again on your marriage!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 03/16/2019

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, you won't be disappointed !

Where do I even begin with Sheri & Phil (and Lisa) ?! My husband and I are photographers ourselves...so when it came to finding a photographer/videographer for us, I was really picky. I was also looking for someone who does a lot of outside/beach work since our ceremony was outside. Their photos and videos caught my attention and was one of the first vendors we contacted. I had contacted a few different photographers, some just only messaged me back and some we messaged and spoke with via phone..they were one of them. Sheri was wonderful with responding with messages and then of course wanted to chat over the phone. She offered to meet in person but we are on the other coast of FL so phone was just easier.
    Within maybe 5-10 minutes on the phone with Sheri I looked at John and we both nodded our head yes! I could tell she was taking notes during the phone convo even had suggestions for things we were telling her we wanted. She kept in contact with me leading up to our big day. Literally the second they walked into the room they were shooting/recording. They were so easy going, fun to work with and easy to joke with! Some shots we got I didn't even know they were getting!! I watch my video pretty much every day (haha) and my photos- I CAN'T GET ENOUGH. We have had so many compliments on everything. Cannot thank them enough. I don't even think it was 24 hours and they had a sneak peak posted of this sparkler shot I wanted and Lisa NAILED it. Thank you guys so much again! :-)

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Kelilina Photography and Films 26
    Kelilina Photography and Films 27
    Kelilina Photography and Films 28

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

We LOVED your wedding! Such great friends & family you have, made us feel like part of the tribe:) The best is when our clients love our photos and films as much as we do, and we surely are proud of yours...it really was an incredibly gorgeous day! ...Can’t wait to meet the lil one on the way!!!
  • Tiarne

Tiarne · Married on 10/19/2018

Would 110% recommend! AMAZING.

We requested Sheri for our wedding in October 2018 after viewing her wonderful selection of photos. From the moment Sheri walked into the room and met myself and my bridesmaids it was instantly a warm feeling. Sheri had an amazing personality that made the day of everyone there, comfortable and happy vibes when taking photos. It was a great experience! We have received our final photos and they’re amazing!! Thank you!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

This is what we love...being a part of the fun, keeping you comfortable in front of the camera:) Such a gorgeous day...can we do it again??!!
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 03/30/2018

Sheri Lynn and her team (Matt & Dawn) were beyond amazing!!! We planned our wedding through the Royal Kona Resort in Kona--Kelilina was one of the photographers recommended to us. Once I saw her work, I knew I had to book her (and with my love for pineapples, her logo sealed the deal!)! ...And I'm so glad I did! Sheri and I had never met or spoke before showing up day of, while I was getting ready--I instantly felt comfortable. She got right to work, knew exactly what she had to do to make her creative vision(s) a reality--and her cheerful personality was the cherry on top! I felt at ease and confident with her and her team--they knew the resort like the back of their hands and took us to all of the best locations. Throughout the day, they were encouraging, positive, friendly and helped make our special day so perfect! Sheri got our pictures to us us lightning fast! Two-ish weeks after our wedding, when we got back from our honeymoon, we had our whole gallery to view and relive the best day of our lives! Her work is simply stunning. When it came time to make an album, we had too many favorites to choose from! If you're looking for a Big Island wedding photographer... Sheri Lynn is your girl! She's an absolute pleasure to work with, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Kelilina Photography and Films 29
    Kelilina Photography and Films 30
    Kelilina Photography and Films 31
    Kelilina Photography and Films 32

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

You guys!! We love you so much, we loved your wedding so much, we love your family so much!!! But seriously, your brother’s speech...best one I’ve heard, like ever! Thanks for having us!!!!

Erin · Married on 01/18/2018

The photographers from Kelilina are top notch! The photos turned out great as did the video. So happy we chose them for our big day.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

You two beautiful people made our jobs easy:) Thanks for an amazing day, we were so happy to be a part of it!

ERIN · Married on 10/28/2017

Five stars is not enough! We got married on 10/28 at Royal Kona Resort and our pictures were absolutely perfect. I actually really hate having my picture taken, but Sheri Lynn was wonderful and patient. Our sunset pictures especially were a hit. Sheri went all out (8 months pregnant and barefoot climbing on lava rock with all her equipment) to make sure we were happy and got the pictures we wanted. We also got our pictures back very quickly. She's just the best!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Oh gosh, if only we had a good BTS shot of that! Thanks for trusting me and my (then) pregnant self...no way I would’ve missed it, your day was just great!

Anna · Married on 10/01/2017

Very professional, great quality photos, very candid and in the moment. The video was amazing as well.

Sent on 03/28/2018
    Kelilina Photography and Films 33
    Kelilina Photography and Films 34
    Kelilina Photography and Films 35
    Kelilina Photography and Films 36
    Kelilina Photography and Films 37

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Yours is still one of our favorite films, you two are just so sweet and I think we captured that tenderness perfectly. Congratulations!!!

Corrine · Married on 07/29/2017

Sheri Lynn is a great videographer. My husband and I are very happy with our beautiful wedding video. I received so many compliments from all our friends and family. The money was definitely worth it for the quality and the great service. She was also very prompt to send me the edited video to my email and she also sent me a flash drive. I would definitely recommend Kelilina Photography to anyone that wants an amazing wedding video and great customer service. Thank you, Sheri Lynn, for capturing all the special moments on our wedding day!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

You’re so welcome! I’m so happy to have been a part of it, just honored to be one of the select few able to witness the special day!

Katie · Married on 01/06/2017

We hired Sheri Lynn to shoot both our photos and film for our 1/6/17 Kahua Ranch wedding about seven months out. From the initial moment of contact Sheri Lynn was invested, she made me feel like I had just hired and old friend, so nice and personable. Then on our big day both her and her husband Phil were on site ready to go well in advance. They were so in sync with shooting and getting all the money shots you dream of having from your big day, it was incredible. I’ll be honest I was more focused on my wedding than what she was doing most of the day so when I got the photos of the ceremony I felt like I got to see it from a whole new perspective, it was awesome. Sheri Lynn provided ample input and guidance for different shot ideas making everyone feel extremely comfortable and confident. She was also sure to document the little details of the ceremony and reception that I would have never thought to ask her to shoot. She’s got skills. Something that was extremely important to me to have pictures and video footage that captured the emotion of the day and the Kelilina team did just that!! I’ve been watching my highlight reel on what seems to be repeat in awe of how well everything was captured and tied together. I felt as though she paid attention to our personalities and used that during the editing process to make a film and that captured us. In addition to her amazing on site skills, the editing time was extremely efficient and on par with was is stated on her website. Sheri Lynn makes you feel as through your wedding is the most important item on her plate and she truly puts her heart into each aspect of the process. I have already received so much amazing feedback on her work. My recommendation for prospective clients is that if you’re on the fence, don’t be, you will not be disappointed when you choose to go with Kelilina Photography + Films. I feel so fortunate to have joined the Kelilina Photography + Films family.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Dude, you two are stillllll on our top 5 fave weddings! Such a great venue & perfect weather, we were lucky to capture it for you!

Tara · Married on 10/12/2016

Sheri was incredible to work with! She beautifully captured the highlights of our day and preserved our memories so we can relive them over and over again. So creative with the video and shots that captured the emotion through our ceremony and first dance. My Tip is to keep her through the entire event!! I wish we would have opted for longer because I know that would have preserved even more memories to cherish- she's awesome!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Aw shucks, thanks for the kind words! Your first dance was something to remember, that’s for sure! So glad to have captured it!!

David & Lindsey · Married on 06/25/2016

We hired Kelilina Photography + Films for our destination wedding in June 2016. It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with Sheri and Phil. Leading up to our wedding day, communication with Sheri was great. She was always quick to answer any of our questions and walked us through how the day will go. The day before our wedding we were able to connect with her and do a day of walk-through to find some great spots for pictures. We appreciated this nice touch because it allowed us to bond with Sheri before the big and scope out possible photography locations. We received our photos and films exactly when they said we would (within two weeks!). Sheri and Phil were very professional throughout our wedding day, but also made us feel like we had two good friends capturing our day. She was able to capture so much more than the smiles and portraits and instead our photos reflect the true beauty and emotion of the day. We could not be more pleased or feel more blessed to have had Sheri and Phil apart of our day. We cannot thank you enough Sheri and Phil!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

You guys were so great, with amazing friends, it was really a great day to be a part of! So glad to have witnessed it, thank you so much!

LAUREN · Married on 10/03/2015

My wedding day fell in the midst of a hurricane/4 day rain storm/historical flooding. I had rented a bus to bring the bridal party to several specific areas with great backdrops for pictures. Because of the rain and flooding, all of these places were blocked off. It went from being a picturesque outdoor wedding/reception to an indoor ceremony/reception in a day. I was really bummed because I would not be able to capture the beautiful wedding day moments at the places I had imagined. However, Sheri (and Phil) did not disappoint. In fact, she completely exceeded my expectations! ALL of the pictures are AMAZING and I have several shots that PERFECTLY capture the uniqueness of my wedding day. I wouldn't trade those for anything. Don't even consider anyone else. Book with Kelilina Photography NOW!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Uniqueness is one way to put it! You get BEST BRIDE OF ALL TIME award for what you put up with that day and the days leading up to! I thought, “what’s gonna break this woman?!” Seriously the most memorable day ever, such a great wedding to be a part of....and the stories we get to tell now, you two are rockstars!!

We had our anniversary photos taken by Kelilina Photography on our vacation to Kona. We were hesitant to hire someone by looking at online reviews and photo gallery, but choosing Kelilina Photography was the best decision! Sheri was very easy to work with, responsive with her communication, delivered her photos by the date promised, and took beautiful photographs! We could not be more pleased! If we ever travel back to Kona, we will definitely have Sheri take our photos again!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

I am so glad that you are happy with your photos and your experience with me! All of the points you mentioned here are things I very much pride myself on, so I am thrilled that these are the things that stood out to you about me and my services. Thank you for your very kind words, and for sharing your experience here - much appreciated! Aloha and MAHALO!

Lindsay · Married on 07/20/2015

On our recent trip to Kona, Sheri did a multigenerational shoot for our family of 18. We were VERY pleased with the photos. There were many great photos to choose from and she managed our large group with patience and flexibility. As well, Sheri was a great communicator throughout the entire process and returned our photos by the deadline promised. I would highly recommend Sheri to my friends and family and would not hesitate to use her again when we return to Kona.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

LF, I'm so glad you are happy with the photos and I'd love to see you out here again someday! Thanks for your kind words....Aloha!

Chelsa · Married on 05/24/2015

Sheri was amazing! We hired her to be our videographer and words cannot say how happy we are with the video of our wedding. Just like that day, so was that video, absolutely perfect and more than we ever imagined. Her work is just beautiful!
    Sheri went above and beyond for us and stayed a little longer then planned and was able to capture all of those butterflies in your stomach, smile on your face moments. She was so sweet and easy to work with before, during, and after our wedding. We can't wait to work with her again, which we already started planning our family photo shoot!
    We most definitely recommend Sheri with Kelilina Photography!! We cannot thank you enough, Mahalo Sheri!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

C + W, I am so thrilled that you are happy with your wedding film! It was a most gorgeous day at the ranch with a most gorgeous couple - a great combination to make a beautiful film. Thank you so much for having me and for the wonderful review!

I cannot recommend Sheri highly enough. She recently shot our wedding on Kona (March 2015) with her husband Phil officiating. We wanted a low stress experience (second wedding for both of us). They both could not have been more accommodating and helpful with arrangements. Everything came together beautifully and the pictures we received were amazing. Sheri is truly an artist and has an amazing flare for lighting, and capturing the moment. Everything looked very natural and not staged at all. When we returned she went out of her way to rush us a few preview shots to show family, and the thumb drive we received with all of our pictures came in a beautiful local wooden box. A nice touch. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much, this was a really neat ceremony to be part of, I’m so glad you love the photos as much as I do!

Robin · Married on 02/28/2014

I found Sherri Lynn online, planning a wedding across the ocean in Kona. She was extremely professional, had great follow-through and kept me in contact the whole time. On our wedding day, she had such a great attitude and kept us smiling and relaxed the whole time.

During the ceremony, we didn't even notice she was there, and when we did family photos afterwards, it was very relaxed and very fast.

We received the photos in time for our reception in California, and everyone was blown away at the quality.

The photos are incredibly beautiful and romantic, and my husband and I still look at them often. A good photographer is an absolute must for a destination wedding, and we were lucky to have Kelilina Photography. Thank you!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Such a gorgeous wedding and couple, you guys made my job easy! Thanks for having me be a part of it!

Kacie · Married on 12/05/2013

Sheri was everything I wanted in a photographer and more! She showed up early on the day and did a great job making me feel at ease. She even ran out to the store to get a needle and thread when she found a loose ribbon on my dress!
    She was so professional and fun to work with and the finished product is beautiful! I am so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much! We do our best to help during those missteps on the day of so you can relax and enjoy! Congratulations again!

Laurel · Married on 10/04/2013

Sheri was phenomenal. We had portraits done on our honeymoon and Sheri did a beautiful job. She is so sweet and nice - the kind of person you'd love to just hang out with. My husband doesn't really like doing portraits, but even he had fun!

We had a 2 hour session with Sheri. She flew over to Maui and scoped out the area before the time of our session. She found a little rainforest area with an amazing tree a few miles up the road from where we were staying. We did an hour there and then went to the beach. Her pictures are beautiful - she captured our personality as a couple wonderfully and the gorgeous scenery of Hawaii. We didn't get a single picture that we disliked; they are all absolutely beautiful. I actually have our 2 favorite pictures on canvases hanging up in our home.

My husband and I are planning on going back to Hawaii in a few years and are planning to have another portrait session with Sheri. I highly recommend Sheri - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

This was such a fun session, you guys were so sweet & so photogenic. I’m so in love with that spot we found, and you guys rocked the session!

Sheri was sweet, professional, and the pictures were amazing. She's an all star.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much, I’m so glad you like the photos as much as we do! Just a beautiful day that we were happy to be a part of! Congrats again!

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2013

We did honeymoon beach potraits through Sherri and loved them! Her prices were very reasonable and she had great suggestions for locations.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much!! These are the most fun sessions, no stress & we get to know each other a bit better. Thanks so much for choosing Kelilina Photography!

We had planned a last-minute wedding and Sheri was able to work with us to get our day captured for us. She asked in advance about what styles of photos we wanted, and also came up with great ideas of her own. She was great to work with, and we'd definitely recommend her!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much, this is nice to hear, we always try to come up with something unique for each couple, and you guys rocked it!

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2012

Sheri photographed a surprise vow renewal I planned for my husband's and my one year anniversary - let me just say that Sheri is the best of the best. Not only is her work beautiful, she's just so sweet, which made working with her a dream. She's thorough, professional and so incredibly thoughtful - she even went out of her way to suggest locations, florists and our officiant! We just received our photos today and love every.single.one. They're better than we could have ever hoped for! Sheri perfectly captured one of the most special moments of our life, and thanks to her, we'll have the most amazing photos to cherish for the rest of our lives. We can't thank you enough, Sheri!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Kelilina Photography and Films's reply:

Thanks so much, I love getting input on those other details and vendors, because we know who does a really great job. What a beautiful renewal it was, thanks for choosing Kelilina Photography!!