Keith MacDonald Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Eve
    Eve B. Married on 08/27/2022

Wonderful experience

We are so glad we hired Keith to take our wedding photos! His style is vibrant and we felt captured the feelings of the day perfectly. His manner working with us was reassuring and relaxing — his presence never felt intrusive but flexible and supportive. He captured everything we wanted and moreso from the day. Would absolutely recommend Keith for any wedding.

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Eve! Congratulations again, and thank you so much for including me in your day!
  • Kasy
    Kasy G. Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We love Keith MacDonald!!

We absolutely loved working with Keith MacDonald and we would be happy to recommend him to others! He was referred to us by our wedding planner. He included an engagement photo session, which we are so happy we did. It gave us an opportunity to get to know him and what to expect before our wedding, and the photos came out fantastic. Keith showed up early at our engagement session and wedding day to check out the locations and lighting. He was very prompt both with responding to messages and with getting photos to us. We had a hard time deciding which photos to use for our save the dates because we liked them all so much. On our wedding day, Keith took all of the photos we requested, even in the colder weather. He was so kind and professional to us, our other vendors, and all of our guests. Many guests asked him to take photos and he happily obliged. He sent us sneak peek photos within a couple days of the wedding even though he was traveling, and he got the rest of our photos back to us much sooner than we expected. We highly recommend Keith MacDonald Photography!!

Thank you so much Kasy!!
  • Ian
    Ian K. Married on 06/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Keith Is Top Notch & The Real Deal!

Keith is at the top of his game! My wife and I worked with Keith for both our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier with the outcome. He is someone who you feel like you have known for years right out of the gate in your first five minutes of meeting him. He makes everything from start to finish so easy and natural, especially given the circumstances we faced last year with covid, and matches his creative talents and eye with a genuine care for who you are as individuals and people which is sometimes a lost art in today's world of commercial transactions and contract or freelance work. Our photos are absolutely stunning and more awe-inspiring than we ever expected. Plus our family and friends absolutely loved working with him and just getting to know him in the moment which says it all. Thank you again Keith for helping us capture the amazing memories in an otherwise crazy year!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ian! I had a great time working with you and Maria!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Sarah G. Married on 04/30/2022

Highly recommend!

Working with Keith was amazing. Not only is Keith a phenomenal photographer who captured our wedding day perfectly, but he’s a kind person who is easy going and great to work with. Communication was always easy, and the gallery we received a few weeks after our wedding was presented so nicely. We can not recommend Keith enough.

Thank you Sarah!
  • Brock
    Alexandria B. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful photos by a wonderful person

Hiring Keith was the best decision! From the very start to receiving our photo gallery he was professional, kind and prompt. Keith is so much more than just a person to take photos – he really does care and was always willing to help with questions. One day I realized there was an issue with our timeline and immediately panicked. Keith did an amazing job of calmly listening to the problems and helping me to find a solution. His attention to detail and making sure there was enough time for photos throughout the day was also above and beyond. Just a few days after our ceremony we were with friends in the area on our honeymoon and he sent us a sneak peek (we even got our final gallery a little early on an easy to use platform!). We all looked at them together and when I say we were just in tears they were so perfect that is not an exaggeration. I have had many many family members and friends comment on how beautiful our photos were. I also really loved that Keith captured moments – not staged shots – but was also more than happy to take group shots and portraits. The man does it all! He captured so many special moments that I didn’t even realize were happening and looking back to see those stolen glances or secret wiping away of a tear was just truly special. Even on our wedding day when everything was running behind he helped keep the pace going and was able to adjust without a problem. My husband was also just amazed at how he seemed to be everywhere and nowhere all at once. Having Keith there didn’t feel like someone putting you under a microscope but somehow, he managed to get all the best photos and be in three places at once. Keith was also super accommodating to all the requests we had. For example, I had asked if we could get a quick photo with each guest during our receiving line and he handled it no problem. He was also able to take our layout photos using our stationary and artfully cover up the incorrect date on the papers (thank you Covid!) to create beautiful photos. He was also fantastic working with us as we had to postpone. Lastly, he was very sensitive to body image. I had explained to him that my dress tended to bunch up and that I am a bit self-conscious about my arms and when I look at the photos its clear that he took that into consideration and made sure everyone looked their best. Without a doubt I would hire Keith again and again. You won’t find a more professional kind hearted person. If you want photos you and your family can cherish forever look no further.

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lexie! I had such a great time working with you and Adrian!
  • Sarah
    Sarah S. Married on 09/24/2021

Perfection!

Keith was beyond amazing to work with!! We fell in love with his bright, beautiful photos from past weddings and knew he’d be perfect for us. Keith made us feel extremely comfortable and natural during both our engagement and wedding photos. He made everything feel seamless and the finished product was more than we could’ve ever dreamed of. We 1000% recommend Keith!! Thank you so much for documenting the best day ever.

Thank you so much Sarah!
    Elyse R. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we wanted and more

Keith was amazing to work with! We had to postpone by 2 weeks at the last minute leaving us scrambling for a photographer. Keith was available and more than happy to help. On the day of, we were quite behind schedule (my fault), and he was still able to capture our day perfectly. He organized my family quickly for group shots, still leaving time for some portraits as the sun was going down. We got our pictures before the agreed upon time frame, and they look incredible! My original photographer was a family friend who has done our photos forever, and we were worried about replacing her, but Keith exceeded our expectations.

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Congrats again and thank you so much Elyse! I'm glad I was available to work with you and Ben!
    Lindsey L. Married on 09/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great experience, very responsive, easy going and flexible

Keith was so flexible on our wedding day. We had plans to have our ceremony outside but the weather didn't really corporate so we had to switch plans and move things inside. He was so easy and fun to work with! Our photos came out amazing! We would highly recommend him!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! It was a lot of fun to work with you and John!
    Alexander H. Married on 09/04/2021

Fantastic Photographer!

We had such a great time working with Keith! He was really easy to work with and provided us with amazing photos of our wedding day. We received a variety of great portraits and candids that truly captured how we all felt that day. We are always smiling when looking at the photos and can't thank him enough for doing such an unbelievable job.

Thank you Alex!
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia R. Married on 08/08/2021

Truly Extraordinary

Keith is truly a gifted Photographer. His captures of our day were remarkable and extraordinary! He's fun to work with and he has a beautiful vision for settings and lighting. The results were stunning! I highly recommend him for any special occasion!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Cindy, it was so much fun working with you and Dave!
    Erica S. Married on 08/07/2021

Keith is terrific!

Keith did an excellent job taking photos of our wedding in August 2021. The final products were beautiful and very high quality. Keith was easy to work with, communicative, and flexible. I highly recommend him.

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Erica! I had a great time working with you and Will!
    Nicole T. Married on 05/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Far surpassed our expectations!

Keith was the perfect person to photograph our special day. He was a joy to work with during the preparation months leading up to the wedding, and he far surpassed our expectations with the moments he was able to capture. I would highly recommend working with him if you have the opportunity.

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I had a great time working with you!
    Laura D. Married on 12/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic Vermont wedding photographer!

Keith created the most memorable photographs of our mini wedding. From the beginning of the process to the end he was easy to work with, fantastic at communicating, and just super talented in knowing how to compose and capture effortless and beautiful moments. We were looking for really authentic captures of our wedding day and we found it and more. It was truly one of the highlights of our day working with Keith, he was pivotal in the success of the entire event.

Thank you so much Laura!
    Mary C. Married on 09/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Photo Skeptic Shown the Light!

Words cannot do justice to Keith's incredible work. His kindness and artistic eye captured the joy and natural beauty of all the festivities in such a beautiful way! His greatest talent is finding the small, organic moments of light and love that are so easy to miss. Don't worry if you are camera shy; Keith is extremely patient and will tell you exactly where he wants you to walk, and will let the light and scenery take care of the rest. He understood what we were looking for in our photos, and was extremely flexible to additional requests from family and friends. From meeting me first thing in the morning with coffee to carting us off to portraits before the reception, Keith is the real deal. We are lucky to call him a friend. Call him! You won't be disappointed. :)

Thank you so much Mary!
  • Erik
    Erik Married on 09/05/2020

Keith can do it all!

Keith was very easygoing and accommodating. He took the time to get the right shot. Keith was flexible and very open to all of our ideas. As a couple who was not used to having a photo shoot, Keith's easygoing demeanor really made the whole experience easy. I would highly recommend Keith for his personality, professionalism, and his ability to execute high quality and creative photos. The final product was way more than we ever expected!

Thank you Erik!
  • Darcy
    Darcy R. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing Photographer!

Keith truly did an amazing job for our wedding photo journey. We met Keith back in 2019 for our engagement photos, he helped bring both of us out of our shells and feel comfortable in front of the camera. From the start, it felt as though Keith was one of our old friends.
    Our wedding journey was not the easiest due to the pandemic, but Keith was there for us through the changes in plans and scheduling, making the process as easy and enjoyable as possible.
    All of our photos are absolutely amazing, Keith was able to capture our special day in such a beautiful way. We love reliving our wedding through his photos, and highly recommend Keith to anyone looking for a wedding photographer in Vermont.

Thank you so much Darcy!
    Morgan R. Married on 08/08/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely fantastic - must book!

I cannot say enough good things about Keith and his work. In fact, I'm about two months late in posting this review because I've been spending so much time trying to ensure that it perfectly encapsulates how much we loved worked with Keith. This is my best shot (no photo pun intended), but know that my husband and I could go on for pages!

We were SO lucky to be connected with Keith by my brother, a former college crew-mate, and even more fortunate that not only was Keith available for our wedding weekend but more than willing to travel out-of-state to photograph our big day. Of all of the vendors we worked with (and there were a lot, even though we ended up having a very small, COVID-conscious wedding), Keith made me feel the most comfortable and totally at ease from day one. He put a great deal of thought and time into his correspondence with me from the very first time I reached out (over a year before our wedding). He was extremely timely in his responses (and still is, even after the wedding!). Even virtually, I felt that we were able to develop a good relationship, which is so important with all of your vendors, but especially your photographer. Keith made every business transaction super easy and overall was just SO good to work with. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Keith continued to demonstrate his patience and empathy as we endured many pandemic related changes. He did not add to that stress at all and his easy-going nature actually put me at ease just days before when I was trying to perfect a timeline for him. The day of the wedding was our first time meeting in person, but it felt like seeing an old friend. He was totally delightful to work with and made both my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera, despite both of us being a little nervous about our modeling skills. Besides being an all-around great person - kind, quiet, thoughtful, intelligent, talented - Keith's photography is out-of-this world stunning. I mean, truly incredible! Monday morning after our wedding, we had tons of sneak peak photos and he delivered our complete album on our one-month anniversary (and remembered that it was our anniversary!) which was several weeks earlier than anticipated. He captured more emotion than I thought possible in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO. We can't stop looking at them, and neither can our friends and family. We cannot wait to book Keith again in the future. Don't hesitate - book Keith today. You won't regret it!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan!! I had a really great time working with you and Armand! Even though your plans had to change it was an awesome celebration.
    Carrie B. Married on 10/12/2019

Incredible experience!

Keith’s pictures go beyond what I could have imagined. He captured our day perfectly. His attention to details caught every piece of our perfect day. He was organized and easy to work with. We planned our wedding in 5 weeks and his ability to respond to emails quickly to answer questions we had made booking him as our photographer stress free. I would highly recommend Keith for any event you may have. We will have his photos to cherish forever!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie! I really appreciate it.
  • Katherine
    Katherine M. Married on 10/01/2019

Can't recommend enough!

Keith shot our wedding in early November and we could not be more thrilled with how our photos turned out! He was awesome through every step of the process - communicative, helpful, thoughtful. We were nervous about photos since neither of us loves having our photo taken. Keith was great in making us less nervous and not forcing us into any photos that felt strange. Most importantly, he truly captured the emotions we felt that day and the joy we felt in the room during our ceremony and reception. Our guests cannot stop commenting on how great the photos came out. Highly recommend working with him if you have the opportunity - you won't be disappointed!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Kate! I had so much fun working with you and Zach!
    Michelle Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great eye for capturing the excitement of the day

We absolutely loved working with Keith! We had an engagement brunch at a restaurant in NYC, and wanted to be able to capture the day with our close family and friends with more than just phone snapshots. We are so glad that we went with Keith!

From the beginning, Keith was very easy to communicate with by phone and email. On the day of the event he arrived early enough that we were able to do a mini engagement shoot outside the restaurant before our guests arrived!

Keith’s photos captured the warmth and excitement of our guests and the day, and we were very happy with the mix of candid as well as posed shots he got. Also, for an event with 100 guests, he was able to capture multiple photos of nearly every guest, which we are so happy about.

We would absolutely work with Keith again, and highly recommend him!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Michelle! I loved working with you and Mike too!
  • Dan
    Dan B. Married on 09/11/2019

Keith was fantastic!

Keith is very friendly and professional. It was easy to get set up for our date, and on the day he was very prompt and fun to have around. He payed attention to the certain photos I wanted taken and he took initiative to explore and capture us and our guests. I am a photographer and have always admired Keith's work. After the wedding, Keith uses a very good site to view and download the photos. My wife and I are thrilled with the final product!

Thank you Dan!!
    Luke Married on 08/03/2019

One of the Beat

Keith is very kind and professional. He has a great eye for composition and gets great photos. He’s very easy to work with and gets you the shots you want as well as recommending fun and creative shots that make up a great photo album!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you Luke! It was a lot of fun to work with you and Rachel!
    Dan S. Married on 06/10/2019

Keith made our day!

Thank you Dan!!
  • Amy
    Amy S. Married on 05/11/2019

Gorgeous Wedding Photos!!

I can't say enough great things about Keith! My husband and I were absolutely blown away at how beautiful our wedding photos turned out. Keiths organic style combined with his keen eye for natural lighting and the outdoors made for some really gorgeous shots. I didn't think I would have so many favorites to choose from!

Keith is also such a pleasure to work with. He is professional, organized and was so accommodating when I asked him last minute to stay an extra hour at our reception. I was so appreciative because we got so many great shots and he was so flexible and wiling to help.

I rarely post reviews but his is so well-deserving. I would highly recommend Keith and hope to work with him again in the future.

Thank you so much Amy!
    Vivian W. Married on 12/28/2018

Thank you!

With Keith I had a good feeling from the beginning - the final photos prove this feeling. Our wedding day was rainy and dark, but the photos are stunning. When we met before the ceremony Keith already had ideas where to make pictures afterwards. The locations were perfect, some photos look right out of a fairy-tale (or a professional photo shoot for a magazine).

In the contract Keith confirmed us that we will get the pictures 2 weeks after our weeding but we got them just 8 days after.

Thank you Keith!

Keith MacDonald Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Vivian! It was really nice to meet you two and be included in your NYC wedding celebration.
illustration stars