Compass Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Nicole Mccarthy
    Nicole Getting married on 05/01/2024

Extremely Talented!

Katie and Ryan are the FULL PACKAGE team! We choose their photo/video package and definitely didn't go wrong.

Every step of the planning process was made so easy by having knowledgeable vendors. Katie was so helpful with our day of timeline. We had 2 engagement shoots with them and they were both so much fun and the photos are beautiful! I can't wait to get the rest of our photos and our video back!
  • Allison
    Allison A. Married on 06/11/2022

Amazing video experience!

Compass was so great to work with for our wedding videography. They are super responsive and have great options for varying levels of service at very reasonable prices! I loved that we got an edited highlight video as well as the raw footage. It's great to be able to look back at speeches, the ceremony, etc. in full! Andrew was awesome to work with at the wedding on the day of - he made everyone very comfortable and captured all of the most important moments of our day. Highly recommend this vendor!
  • Autumn
    Autumn D. Married on 06/11/2022

Incredible Videography!!

I could not be happier with my wedding video from Compass Studios! My husband was a little on the fence about hiring a videographer since we had already spent so much on other vendors. We opted for one of the less expensive videography packages and were STUNNED by the results. Erin was a joy to work with on the day of and Katie was excellent to communicate with during the entire process. Everyone will tell you that your wedding day will go by in a blur, but I never believed it. I’m so glad I decided to hire Compass as my videographer because everyone is completely right! The wedding day was magical—and crazy! Watching our video helps me remember all of the joy and love from that day, and it’s so fun to see different moments that I missed while doing other bride things! I also love that we received the raw footage as well, so we can truly have all of our memories from our wedding forever. My husband even told me that he was so glad that I pushed to hired a videographer because the content we received back from Compass was so special. I cannot recommend Katie, Erin, and everyone at Compass studios enough! If you’re looking for a high quality and affordable videography team, look no further! I would give them a million stars if I could.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Maura L. Married on 05/15/2022

Incredible Experience

I don't even know where to start! Hiring Katie & Ryan as our photographers was one of the wisest wedding decisions I made. They're incredibly talented, work seamlessly together, are super responsive to some of the (several) questions I had leading up to our engagement shoot and wedding, and made us feel so at ease.

I am so unbelievably happy with the final wedding photos we got, and I truly can't recommend them more highly. They're good people and great photographers.
    Sydney M. Married on 05/07/2022

Highly recommend!

Katie & Ryan were the photographers for our wedding back in May and they did an unbelievable job at capturing our day! The weather was less than ideal that day but the pictures & video could not have turned out more beautiful. They are extremely talented and were so lovely to work with. I highly recommend this sweet couple!
  • Erin
    Erin O. Married on 04/09/2022

Compass Studios - Best of the Best

Hiring Katie and Ryan is the best decision we made when booking our wedding vendors. Their style is both modern and timeless. They made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera and went out of their way to capture photos that actually felt like “us.” Prior to our wedding day we had an engagement photo shoot which was a great opportunity to meet Katie and Ryan and for them to get to know us better as well. Katie and Ryan are organized, professional, but most importantly NICE! Seriously, we want to hang out with them! They delivered us 30 sneak peak photos the day after our wedding, we can’t wait to enjoy the rest in a few weeks!
    Sara Married on 03/26/2022

Two thumbs up!

We are so happy with our decision to hire Compass Studios for our wedding in March! Katie was friendly, prompt, and easy to work with, and we enjoyed having Andrew there (but somehow invisible!) on our actual wedding day to capture important moments. I was also blown away when they delivered our videos just 3 weeks after our wedding! We've already watched them multiple times and are so happy with how they turned out.

Videography was something I was on the fence about, since we'd already hired a photographer and video would be yet another wedding expense. Value-wise, Compass was the best by far. I talked to multiple local videographers and many didn't include footage of the whole day or any audio in their standard packages. Compass' artistic vision also resonated with me. It was great to watch their example videos and see how realistic yet elegant their footage is. It's high quality video & editing for a very fair price, and this is coming from someone who works in marketing & design.

I'm so glad we have the toasts, special moments, and family and friends on video thanks to Andrew and the Compass team! Highly recommend them for your upcoming wedding :)
  • W
    Wayne Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great people doing amazing work!

Katie and Ryan left us absolutely speechless for our huge indian/American multi-day multi-cultural wedding! We had the pleasure of working with them for our engagement two years ago and we were absolutely floored by their work. We knew then that we would love to have them shoot our wedding. With the pandemic, we were lucky enough to cultivate a two year relationship with these wonderful humans. Despite all of the changes we added, and multiple cultural requests we had, Katie and Ryan handled everything with such grace and positivity. We knew this was a new experience for them and they went into it with such confidence and reassurance. There was never a time where we doubted their abilities to handle our huge wedding/wedding party! They dealt with multiple location changes, contract updates, and day-of crowd herding, and the work that they put out is absolutely stunning. We are already floored once again by their shots, and all of our guests were raving about their ability to be in so many places at once. They truly make magic happen, and maintain poise and grace while doing it. We are absolutely honored to have worked with them, as the wonderful professionals and wonderful people they are!
  • Kristen
    Kristen T. Married on 10/03/2021

What a great team!

Ryan did such an awesome job at our wedding! After deliberating about whether or not we should hire a videographer at all, we ended up going for the video package, and are so thankful that we did! He really did a great job of capturing every moment, and coming up with so many creative shots during our big day. We received our teaser video only a few short days after our event, and it really blew us away how beautiful it was! Katie and Ryan do incredible work, we cannot wait for the final product!
    Kathleen D. Married on 09/25/2021

Your search just ended!

Katie and Ryan made our Wedding experience completely perfect. Not only does their Photo/Video package include complimentary Engagement Photos, they really work with you to make your Wedding as special as possible! The photos & videos were absolutely stunning, delivered in a timely manner, and a great price for the area. One of the things that struck me the most is how I barely remember seeing them on the Wedding Day because they're so good at being able to discreetly capture the most important moments. I can't recommend them enough!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie R. Married on 09/18/2021

Highly recommend!

Andrew captured our day beautifully!! Everyone was so easy to work with, communication was quick and professional. Our highlight video was AMAZING — We are super happy with the raw footage as well. So special to relive our day with our wedding video and so thankful for this vendor. would highly recommend to everyone else :)
  • Kerry
    Kerry M. Married on 08/22/2021

Absolutely amazing experience

Hiring Katie & Ryan (and their team) was the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding day! Our wedding was originally planned for summer 2020 but was postponed until summer 2021. They were so accommodating and responsive during the whole wedding planning process. They made sure all my questions/concerns were addressed but were not overwhelming me with communication. I didn't have to worry about anything leading up to the wedding day or on the wedding day. They arrived on time and provided the best recommendations for pictures and even brought their own supplies for those detailed shots with my wedding accessories. They were flexible and so fun to be around and interact with during our wedding day. ALL the photos they produced were incredible and the video was perfection. They even sent a sneak peak gallery which we received the day after the wedding. They made sure we were 100% happy with everything and provided instructions on how to download our photos/videos and the best way to print them. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any of my friends and we will definitely be using them in the future to capture other life moments.
    Jaida G. Married on 08/21/2021

Perfection!

I used Compass Studios for my wedding videography, and I am 100% satisfied with them. Communication with them was clear was timely. I thought that it might feel weird having someone follow me around with a camera, but Andrew the videographer was friendly, funny and he made everyone feel comfortable behind the camera. You could really tell that he loves his job. Most importantly our video came out perfectly. It was worth the money and we were smiling the whole time watching it back. I will definitely recommend Compass Studios to my friends and family if they have a wedding.
    Christine J. Married on 08/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely AMAZING. Highly recommend.

Katie and Ryan did an absolutely AMAZING job capturing our wedding photos/video and engagement shoot. It was easily one of our best wedding vendor decisions.

As a couple that does not take photographs professionally ever, Katie made it so easy and comfortable for us while providing great direction in terms of poses. Day of, they were professional and captured the day incredibly well. We honestly could not have asked for a better experience. The photos were stunning and the highlight video captured our day so well we both teared up viewing it. We've gotten so many compliments from how the photos and video came out. We could not recommend Katie and Ryan more for your big day!
    Caroline A. Married on 06/19/2021

Blown away!

We booked a silver video package with Andrew from Compass Studios, and it was one of the best planning decisions we made. Andrew was really chill and easy to work with, and Katie was super flexible and responsive with booking and payments. On the wedding day, Andrew showed up right on time and was totally unobtrusive. He was never in the way and you could almost forget he was there - but then he would crack a joke that would have everyone laughing! He's a cool guy - I would totally hang out and get a beer with him. Andrew got us our highlight video even earlier than we expected and it was absolutely beautiful. I think I've watched it 800 times! I can't recommend him enough!
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absoutley INCREDIBLE Photographer/Videographer Team!

Katie and Ryan were truly AMAZING. My fiance and I were so unbelievably impressed with both of their professionalism, attention to detail, creativeness with different photo ideas and backdrops, and fun attitude during the wedding and engagement photos! They made us both feel at ease and comfortable, despite so much going on around us during a busy day and really allowed us to enjoy and capture such special moments with ourselves, closest family, and friends. I am so very appreciate of their work and have absolutely fallen in love with the photos and videos! I had no clue it would be such a quick turn around and it was such an incredible feeling to see photos literally the next morning after our wedding. They are perfect and the bundle package was a great deal! Katie response within a day at most and listened to all of our request. We will recommend them to everyone we know (and already have ☺️)!
    Caitlin M. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Video Perfectly Captured Our Day!

We hired Compass Studios for their videography service for our May wedding at Salamander Resort, after viewing the exceptional video they compiled for a high school friend. Ryan was unobtrusive and worked extremely well in partnership with our photographer to ensure that every moment of the entire day was captured in a video we will cherish forever. Ryan also has a keen ability to put everyone at ease, which makes for a video that captures each moment naturally. In addition to the beautiful highlight video Ryan created, we also received our entire wedding ceremony recording, all of the recorded speeches, and extensive raw footage that captured our guests dancing, socializing, and sharing in our special moments. The quality of these recordings and accompanying highlight video cannot be surpassed. If you are looking for a videographer, you should look no further than Ryan from Compass Studios!
  • Laura
    Laura G. Married on 03/26/2021

Dream Wedding

Compass Studios is an amazing photographer and videographer couple! Katie captured my husband and I perfectly for our engagement photos, mini ceremony and our postponed wedding! She and Ryan go above and beyond to capture special moments. They are so easy to work and their attention to detail is amazing. I would highly recommend and can’t wait to use them for future photos of our family to come.
  • John
    John S. Married on 01/05/2021

Passionate Professionals

We had the pleasure of having Katie and Ryan at a wedding celebration at a Virginia Winery. They were terrific!

They are definitely passionate about their craft. Their attention to detail and to their craft is obvious in their work.

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie O. Married on 11/21/2020

Well Worth the Money

First I should say, our friends hired Compass Studios for their wedding video so we saw their quality work before we hired them. We worked with Katie and Ryan before the wedding to create a package that met our needs and budget. They were so great with helping us determine the number of hours, when video would be shot, and any extras (such as sound bytes).

The day of both of our weddings, Katie's brother Andrew was our videographer. He was incredibly friendly and it was easy to get used to his filming. He was able to capture a lot of video, even things we didn't see during the wedding.

The final product included a 10 minute highlight video and raw footage of the whole wedding. We were lucky to have them record two different days then put it into one video. If you are on the fence about a videographer, the money is absolutely worth it with Compass Studios. We are so happy with the final product and we're excited to watch it for years to come.
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 10/30/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible service + quality!

Compass Studios was a pleasure to work with for a variety of reasons! Katie and Ryan were incredibly flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process, working with us to find the best option within our budget. And always staying tuned during the craziness of 2020 based on what we were thinking, offering their input and expert advice. Katie was extremely helpful, knowledgable, and patient with any question we had along the way. On top of that she was incredibly responsive, I was shocked at how quick she was to respond to each email with their jam packed schedule! On to our wedding day...Ryan was our videographer for the big day. He was amazing! Flexible with whatever was going on, kind, and fun for us to be around on such a happy day. Nothing was stressful at all, Ryan took care of every shot. Watching our highlight video + the raw footage was amazing and something we will always look back on for years to come. Thank you Ryan + Katie for capturing these special moments and helping making our day a dream!! Will definitely be recommending Compass Studios to friends.
  • Taylor
    Taylor T. Married on 10/24/2020

Exceptional Quality!

Katie & Ryan are a must have for your wedding! Not only can my family and I not stop watching the videos, they turned them around SO quickly. Ryan made my husband and I feel super comfortable, had amazing shot ideas and captured everything I could have asked for and more! Thank you Katie & Ryan!
    Gracie W. Married on 10/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So much more than a wedding vendor!!

We felt like we clicked with Katie and Ryan even after just looking through their website and learning more about them. As a fellow wedding photographer, I know how important it is to connect with your photographer and videographer and these two made it easy to do that! One common regret I hear from couples is that they wish they had hired a videographer. High quality photography is a no brainer when it comes to your wedding day, but I can't even describe how happy we are that we have the videos Compass Studios created to look back on and show ours kids in the years to come. It is 100% worth the investment! Photography and videography were a priority for us and these two provided us with an incredible experience, and everything we wanted to relive our wedding day. The process from start to finish and even with a postponement in the middle of it (due to COVID of course), was absolutely seamless. Compass Studios was communicative, reliable, extremely personal, and we are still in love with everything they created! The fact that Katie and Ryan offer TWO extremely important services in ONE is rare in the wedding industry and on our wedding day, it felt like having two close friends document it with ease! Both Katie and Ryan were a calming presence from start to finish, through a difficult postponement with many changes, of course on our wedding day, all the way to the joyous day when we received our full gallery! We had to make some major changes within the last month leading up to the wedding and Katie and Ryan had to move around more than originally planned, but they handled it all with ease! We are lucky to call these two forever friends and if you do anything in preparation for your wedding day, BOOK COMPASS STUDIOS! -love, Dan & Gracie
    Natalie G. Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Compass Studios is a must!

Compass Studios captured our wedding day PERFECTLY! We have watched our video countless times and I'm brought to tears of joy every single time. From the planning stages to the final product, Katie and Ryan were amazing to work with. Highly recommend!
    Michelle N. Married on 09/12/2020

Book them!

If I could give Katie and Ryan one million stars I would! Not only are they the coolest humans ever (seriously go follow them on Instagram)..they will capture your day in an unforgettable way. I can't tell you how many people have said "this is the best wedding video I have ever seen!" They are so sweet and make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. They are worth every single penny! If they are available on your special day...BOOK THEM! You won't regret it!
illustration stars