Kay Meyer Photography Reviews

67 | Tallahassee, FL

67 Reviews for Kay Meyer Photography

Mary Heather · Married on 05/01/2010

Kay and her team were wonderful. The photographs are amazing and she was so great to have around for the wedding - non-invasive, easy going but dedicated and she really always got the shot. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Sheila · Married on 03/20/2010

Fabulous! The photos that Kay took of our engagement and wedding are great. She was so patient and her laid back personality put me at ease. She blended in so well and I liked that I barely saw her. Kay was able to capture every emotion I felt that day and you can really feel that emotion in each picture. Even the "must take" posed pictures were very stylish and fun. I will definitely use Kay again and will recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 04/09/2010

Shaun · Married on 01/16/2010

Kay is amazing. She has a gift for capturing all of the beauty and detail in every aspect of your wedding and the artistic talent to create brilliantly stunning photographs that you will cherish forever. We are eternally grateful to her for being a part of our wedding and you will be too!!

Sent on 03/15/2010

christy · Married on 12/16/2009

Where do I start? Kay's photos perfectly captured the moments of our special day. I cant believe how awesome some of the shots she got, and without me even knowing. Even the posed pictures I typically find boring have a certain flare to them. She is professional, creative, and a blast to work with. She was very attentive before our big day, and completely unabtrusive without missing a beat the day of our wedding. She made us feel as though we were the only ones in the world that day! I am absolutely thrilled that we have these gorgeous memories caught by her right here in our home!

Sent on 08/31/2010

hannah · Married on 10/23/2009

awesome photographer and person! was very flexible and very layed back. made everything very stress free! the pictures turned out better than what we could have ever asked for! would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Christen · Married on 10/10/2009

Kay was absolutley wonderful! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable. The pictures turned out better than we could have wished for. If you have the opportunity to book her, do it!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Caycee · Married on 08/01/2009

WE JUST LOVE KAY! SHE IS AWESOME AND OUR PICS ARE AS WELL! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE FOR THEIR SPECIAL DAY AND YOU CAN TRUST THAT YOU WILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL,QUALITY PHOTOS FOR A LIFETIME TO REMEMBER THAT SPECIAL DAY! THANKS KAY!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Cathy · Married on 09/27/2003

Kay Meyer is such a easy person to work with!! She has wonderful and new ideas. Kay is always willing to work within your schedule and requirements. Kay has such a talented eye and is able to capture the moment. I will definitely refer her services to other friends.

Sent on 01/25/2011

Malissa · Married on 03/10/2001

Kay was so fun to work with. I love how she captures the personality of all of her subjects. She is so easy-going and relaxed which is so refreshing on what can be a stressful day.

Sent on 01/28/2011

Cary · Married on 05/18/2013

Kay Meyer is more than a photographer, she loves her profession and is very talented. From our first meeting, then onto the engagement shoot, wedding dress photos and the whole wedding event, Kay was extremely personable and professional. She spent time with us discussing our needs to make sure she was able to capture everything we dreamed of. Kay made our day stress free with her personality and abilities. She is calm and in control, and most importantly, captured the moments with an artistic eye!
    We have continued to use her since then, and would encourage anyone to contact Kay for their photography needs!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2010

The pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! It was great to see so many great moments captured that would have gone unnoticed or forgotten otherwise! Kay did a GREAT job! :) All of our family agreed she was very fun and easy to work with. I have only so far seen the photos online, but I cannot wait to get the prints!

Sent on 07/08/2010
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/07/2015

3.5

Kay is a great photographer to work with - she is also fun! She takes charge of the session / wedding and gets the shots done. She is keenly aware of the weather and sunrise / sunset and works diligently to use the natural light for beautiful photos. She did both the engagement, rehearsal, and wedding. She was great with the bridal party and guests! Can't wait to see ALL of the final photos!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kay did a great job capturing our wedding. She was very easy to work with and made us feel relaxed. Our photos are gorgeous. She even helped me make a last minute guest book from our engagement photos when the one I tried to make didn't work out!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/24/2010

Kay did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!! I have had multiple compliments from various people on our photographer--how friendly she was, how much fun she was to work with, and just how great the pictures turned out. Some look like magazine ads! We truly enjoyed having her there to capture our special day and the pictures speak for themselves! We are SO happy we chose Kay as our photographer!! :)

--Joey & Amanda Moore

Sent on 06/01/2010

sheila · Married on 03/19/2016

2.6
      1.5
      3.5
      2.0
      2.5

Overall i was disappointed with how my wedding photos turned out. Kay was very pleasant and nice but the photos looked sloppy :( I still get upset when I look at them. The photos of me with my bridesmaid, family and grooms family are not centered and not straight..... There are no photos of my mom and I which i specifically told her I wanted. Unfortunately I would not recommend her.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Callie · Married on 05/15/2010

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

I am sad to say the one and only regret I have from my wedding experience is hiring Kay Meyer as our photographer. I seriously doubt there is enough room allotted for this review to explain every reason why I regret my decision, but please feel free to email me if you have questions. Following the wedding experience I wrote this letter to Kay:
    Kay,
    For the past few weeks I have been vague in my opinions in an attempt to maintain a good relationship with you until the end of our business agreement. My intention at this time is not to upset you, but I believe it is important to let you know how I feel about your performance as the photographer at my wedding.
    When I hired you as a professional photographer I believed I was paying for a professional that would take charge of getting the requested photos, use your expertise to take special photos that were not requested, and provide professional, finished photos for my use after the event.
    After viewing the proofs I feel this is not what I received. After a full day of multiple photo opportunities I do not have one picture of me and my husband with my entire family or with his, not one picture with my brothers or brother-in-law, and not one picture with my extended family or his. This fact brought my mom to tears as she had made a point to tell you how important those pictures were and even offered to give you a list, to which you replied, “ I don’t need a list, don’t worry about it, that’s my job.” In addition to this, I must say I was extremely surprised and upset to hear the final pictures I was to receive would be unedited. In my opinion, an unedited photo is not a professional photo. After reviewing the contract once again I see editing was not included, but none the less it made me wonder what I had paid $3600 for and also makes me question why I am unable to receive the color copies of the photos if my contract state I will receive all unedited proofs on a CD. My mom is beyond upset about the fact you have apparently deleted the color copies of my photos as she does not like black and white. I like the black and white, but why would you take it upon yourself to deny us the option?
    To your credit, many of the pictures are great and will be absolutely beautiful once they are edited, and I loved that you were able to be there without being obtrusive. Unfortunately, we cannot recreate the missing family photos but I would appreciate it more than you know if you would take the time to re-upload the pictures that are in black and white so we have the option of having them in color, specifically the black and white pictures I have saved as my favorites on the website. As for the free 5X7 pictures I would like pictures 187 and 435 both in color, and picture 433 in black and white for the 8X10. I hope you are doing well, and truly wish I did not feel this email was necessary. Please let me know if there is anything you can do.
    Sincerely,
    Callie Neal

In addition to the issues I mentioned in the letter, I was also upset with the fact that she didn’t take time to position anyone in the pictures she did take, so all the pictures I have with the wedding party look like a quick snap shot taken by a friend rather than a professional planned picture. I also feel it is important to let you know that nowhere in the packet information I received from Kay does it specifically state the pictures would be unedited, it was disclosed in the contract.
    Kay was very apologetic in her reply and found some of the color photos (though many she had already deleted) which I was told would be put on a CD. Kay told me she would call me the following week when everything was ready but I never heard from her. After calling multiple times I finally got an emailed response saying everything was ready for pick up, but when I went to pick everything up (June 17th) the only thing ready was the printed proofs. I was then told she wouldn’t have the additional CD and prints ready for ANOTHER 10 days, with her reason being she “has other clients she has to get orders to on time.“ I’m assuming her comment meant she no longer considered me a client, as she obviously wasn’t worried about getting my order to me on time.
    11 days later I still had not heard from her so, again, I emailed her to get an update. She responded that everything would be ready on July 1st (at this point it was 46 days past my wedding). I went to pick up the order and she had printed the wrong pictures. I emailed her, again, on the 1st and did not receive a reply until the 5th stating she had based her photo numbers on the printed proofs (which I did not receive until 7 days after I had placed the order for the prints). She responded to my next email today on July 7th saying she would reprint the photos and email me when they are ready but didn’t tell me when that will be.

Your wedding photographer is by far the most important decision you have to make while planning your wedding. Please consider my experience before hiring Kay Meyer as your photographer.

Update: Kay did finally give me the revised pictures two weeks later. And in regards to Kays comment below - My apology was for having to go upstairs during the wedding while pictures were being taken because I was so hot. And, I was no longer upset when I wrote the review. I waited nearly two months to ensure my review would be less emotional and based entirely on fact, though I admit it is hard to do given the nature of the situation. I too wish her the best.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Kay Meyer Photography's reply:

CRN,
    Thank you for your apology via email. I understand that you were upset when this was written. I'm so glad that everything has been resolved.
    My very best,
    Kay
    I invite you to view this wedding at
    They will be online through October 1. After that, feel free to email me for access to their gallery. You can also check out my blog and website at www.kaymeyerphotography.com.

Originally, I felt that any response from me would antagonize her. But, at this point I feel that I must defend myself and the business I have proudly built over the past 10 years. This has caused me great stress and sadness. But I am happy to say she has everything she requested.
    Any issues she has with me are, unfortunately, personal.
    I have gone out of my way including going through the B&W images at no cost and converting them back to color. I did this as I said free and in the middle of wedding season. I tried to appease someone who is consistently unhappy with any of my efforts. I and many other professionals stand behind my work. I was proud to shoot their wedding despite the challenges that occurred during and after that day.

Jennie · Married on 03/23/2018

0.4

Brides beware!!!!

I hired Kay a while ago for my wedding. My fiancé and I have to postpone due to unexpected circumstances. When I originally told Kay she told me I would lose my deposit, which I already knew. She told me that she would do a refund for the other amount that I paid her or we could put it to another date. At the time I told her I would wait to decide. Now it's been 2 weeks since I've tried to communicate with her about a refund and no response. She is completely MIA! I've tried emails, phone calls, and messages on Facebook. NOTHING!

After writing reviews about this and also a Facebook post I finally got a response. She told me that it was her policy that if you cancel your wedding with her you forfit all the money you paid her. No where in her contract does it say anything like that, nor did I ever sign anything agreeing to that. This woman is a lied, cheat, and probably spent all the money I paid her and that’s the reason why she won’t pay back what is owed. She is a extremely unprofessional and does a poor job managing her own company! This woman uses her own personal problems as excesses on why she doesn’t respond or get back within a timely manor.

Worst photographer I have ever come across!!! I have never been so taken advantage of!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Kay Meyer Photography's reply:

I am perplexed and saddened by this former clients review. Couples that have worked with me have nothing but good things to say and wonderful raves about me and my work over the past 17+ years.
    This is the last communication I had with Jennie was in November 2017 as follows...
    “On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:18 PM Kay Meyer wrote:
    I have had a no refund policy since the time I started this business. Most wedding professionals follow the same rule of no refund as rebooking dates can be challenging. As I stated before, once your original wedding date is booked, the remainder will be refunded to you ASAP.
    Warmly,