60 Reviews for Kay Meyer Photography

Boudoir Shoot (1)
Albums (1)
Canvas (1)
57 Kay Meyer Photography Reviews

Today we had our engagement photos taken with Kay and it got my fiancé and me so excited for our actual wedding day. Kay made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, she listened to what we envisioned for our pictures and went above and beyond to achieve our vision. We even climbed onto a SHRIMP BOAT for some fantastic photos. After we were done my fiancé and I couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had, how anxious we are to see our pictures and how EXCITED we are for our wedding day. Kay did an amazing job and I can truly say she gained us as clients for life and will continue to be our photographer for exciting life moments beyond just our wedding.

Profile Picture Kylie , 2/23/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay Meyer was absolutely fantastic at our wedding. Her photography skills exceeded our expectations. Plus she was kind, courteous, fun to work with, and organized down to every detail! Everything about our wedding was perfect and Kay had a large hand in that! We 100% recommend Kay Meyer Photography for weddings and any other events!! Thanks again Kay!

Louisa & Andrew

Profile Picture Louisa, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits
0.5

Brides beware!!!!

I hired Kay a while ago for my wedding. My fiancé and I have to postpone due to unexpected circumstances. When I originally told Kay she told me I would lose my deposit, which I already knew. She told me that she would do a refund for the other amount that I paid her or we could put it to another date. At the time I told her I would wait to decide. Now it's been 2 weeks since I've tried to communicate with her about a refund and no response. She is completely MIA! I've tried emails, phone calls, and messages on Facebook. NOTHING!

After writing reviews about this and also a Facebook post I finally got a response. She told me that it was her policy that if you cancel your wedding with her you forfit all the money you paid her. No where in her contract does it say anything like that, nor did I ever sign anything agreeing to that. This woman is a lied, cheat, and probably spent all the money I paid her and that’s the reason why she won’t pay back what is owed. She is a extremely unprofessional and does a poor job managing her own company! This woman uses her own personal problems as excesses on why she doesn’t respond or get back within a timely manor.

Worst photographer I have ever come across!!! I have never been so taken advantage of!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jennie, 3/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great experience, her attitude and personality really help with the whole experience!

Profile Picture courtney, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Kay for our wedding. She is absolutely AMAZING! I was a long distance bride, so I did all of my planning remotely. I was 100% confident from the very beginning that Kay was the best choice to capture our special day. She went above and beyond for my husband and I every step of the way. On our special day, she made me feel so calm and comfortable and relaxed. She is so much more than your wedding photographer. She's your friend, advocate, coordinator and fairy godmother! She expertly captured every special moment from that day. She truly goes above and beyond to make sure you have the best and most memorable day possible. I cannot thank her enough for her kindness, patience and devotion. Thank you, Kay!

Profile Picture Amelia, 12/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot
2.7

Overall i was disappointed with how my wedding photos turned out. Kay was very pleasant and nice but the photos looked sloppy :( I still get upset when I look at them. The photos of me with my bridesmaid, family and grooms family are not centered and not straight..... There are no photos of my mom and I which i specifically told her I wanted. Unfortunately I would not recommend her.

Profile Picture sheila, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours

Kay was the photographer for two weddings for us this year. They were both unique and Kay was perfect. She made each of my daughters feel
special and beautiful. Kay captured their individual joy with gorgeous photos. Well worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Cindy, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I think back on my experience, here is what comes to mind about Kay:
1) Organized: Before our wedding we had a meeting to go over our logistics. We went through the timeline together, while she took notes about our wedding (placing, timing, the who's-who, etc). She knew all the right questions to ask. We had a large and complicated wedding party, but on the big day, she knew everyone's names, and was able to make sure we got every picture we wanted. There is a lot to worry about on the wedding day, and it was such a relief to know that Kay had everything under control on her end.
2) Hard worker: In our meetings leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day, Kay was diligent. When we were doing our photos in the park, Kay actually laid down on the ground in her dress and heels to get the right shots! I was so impressed by her determination to take the best pictures, even if it meant getting dirty!
3) Personable: We also all really enjoyed Kay as a person. Emotions run high during wedding planning, and having someone as kind, compassionate, and funny as Kay was refreshing. She made it clear that she cared about our story, and making sure we got exactly what we wanted on our wedding day.
4) Professional: We were initially unsure about hiring a professional wedding photographer, but after hearing horror stories of people who didn't, we decided we wanted to have the best. And Kay is the best. She was always on time to meetings, she always responded to emails promptly, and she even referred us to our DJ.
5) Gifted: We just got the pictures back this weekend. And I have to say, they are absolutely breathtaking. Going through the album was like reliving our wedding all over again, and Kay captured it all-- from me getting dressed to our exit at the end of the night. Each picture was perfect. I am so very grateful we were lucky enough to get to have Kay for our wedding. I cannot recommend her highly enough! Thank you for everything Kay!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay Meyer did an absolutely stellar job photographing our wedding. She was so fun and professional to work with. Her eye for the small details and the candid moments is incredible! We cannot thank you enough for the amazing experience we had with you!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

Kay took photos of my family and I for Christmas. We were all impressed with her patience getting us all posed and focused on the camera; especially, considering we had two small dogs in the mix in addition to a small child. We were very pleased with the shoot and the outcome and are excited to use Kay again for our upcoming wedding festivities this year!

Profile Picture User6221203, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files
4.7

Kay is a great photographer to work with - she is also fun! She takes charge of the session / wedding and gets the shots done. She is keenly aware of the weather and sunrise / sunset and works diligently to use the natural light for beautiful photos. She did both the engagement, rehearsal, and wedding. She was great with the bridal party and guests! Can't wait to see ALL of the final photos!

Profile Picture Wendy, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

I would highly recommend Kay! She was so incredible! I met with her a few days before the wedding to go over everything, and it was so clear that she knows exactly what she's doing and she can navigate any potential wedding issue. On the day of the wedding she was there right on time and she was so calm and organized, it helped me stay calm! She got all of the shots I wanted and more. When it came time to get pictures of the whole family together she was efficient and kind; it didn't take long at all! Aside from her wonderful personality and calming presence, she takes gorgeous pictures. They really capture the love and happiness of the day! She also really makes you feel special, and pays careful attention to you. Again, I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Kay was absolutely one of the best vendor choices we made for our wedding. She is professional and efficient -- both of which are particularly important for big family weddings like ours -- and also a very talented photographer. She got all the photos we wanted very quickly and without disturbing the event at all. Our family and friends rave about how beautiful her pictures turned out, too. Kay and her team are the absolute best at what they do. Thank you Kay for helping make our wedding day last for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Carlton, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay was one of my favorite parts of my wedding. She has an awesome sense of humor, but is very professional at the same time. She is very good at directing traffic and getting important shots done in a timely manner, and I could tell by her demeanor and her way with people that she is elite in her field. Can't wait to see the pictures she got!

Profile Picture Sonia, 5/16/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Kay so much! She was so much fun and captured the most amazing images from our wedding day! She has the best attitude to wrangle groups of people—she does everything with a smile and made us all laugh all day. I never felt like I was missing out on anything throughout the day because she kept things flowing efficiently and blended in with whatever we were doing. Kay doesn’t stop! Several of our guests commented on how much she moved around during the reception and the images we received from her show that too—she is dedicated to and successful at capturing every moment of your special day. Kay is truly passionate and dedicated to creating a story through images that you will cherish for the rest of your life.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the initial planning to the execution on the day of the wedding, Kay was a joy to work with. Her professionalism and artistic vision were evident in our engagement and wedding photos. We would highly recommend anyone in Tallahassee to choose her for their photography needs.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 4/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Great eye for catching perfect moments! Very easy to work with as well!!

Profile Picture User4969618, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mark and I are so happy we chose Kay to photograph our wedding!! Kay made every experience relaxing and fun!! And the photographs are incredible!!! Kay beautifully captured and forever documented one of the best days of our lives!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kay Meyer is absolutely amazing. Our first experience with Kay was when she shot our engagement photos. We live out of town, and she was so flexible in working with us to get our photos done when we came home to visit. Obviously, they turned out better than I could have imagined.

For our wedding, Kay was so helpful in coordinating the appropriate timeline for photos prior to the ceremony, after the ceremony, and at the reception site. Kay has a way of making you feel so comfortable, that she gets the shots of you looking natural and not forced. I LOVE candid shots, and she was able to capture those moments that were real and organic.

Every photo Kay took was perfection. If you're looking for a professional, organized, personable, FUN and talented photographer, then Kay is your girl.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay is absolutely amazing! I love her! She is so organized and she makes you feel so comfortable and confident for your big day. Not only is her photography absolutely amazing but she is so easy to work with. She really takes the time to listen and get to know your likes and dislikes. I was worried that it would be hard to gather everyone for pictures and to direct everyone for different pictures but Kay works wonders! I didn't have to worry about it at all. I honestly didn't worry about pictures all night because I knew Kay was there and she had it more than covered. She is also very good at blending in and making sure she doesn't get in anyones way. I cannot compliment her enough! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that is in need of an awesome photographer.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kay Meyer is Simply the Best there is!
Her work speaks for itself. I knew when I booked Kay that I could trust her to get the quality shots. She is very timely, very responsive, and she brings a sense of structure where she goes. She brings fun and laughter to a very anxious bride and she is wonderful at organizing the mass chaos of family, after the wedding. Pictures are the one thing you invest in on your wedding day, that you actually get to keep forever. That being said, I am so excited to see my images, because I know I had the BEST in the business.

Profile Picture Meagan, 11/9/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Kay was amazing on my wedding day. I wish I had found her before the wedding to do our engagement pics. She was on top of everything and knew exactly what to tell people and where to be. Kay And Her assistant Took The Best shots. I was extremely happy with how my wedding pictures turned out and we will use her in the future.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay is Amazing!!!!!! She makes you feel comfortable and confident. I knew I could count on her to get the perfect shots without having to direct her. Photography is a passion of mine and something I truly love and value, knowing that Kay will be there on my special day not only gives me peace but makes me so excited!!! She's very responsive and she works with your schedule. I must say to be a busy mom of 3 that is impressive! We Love Kay Meyer!!!!

Profile Picture User4220343, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kay Meyer and her assistant were very professional and pleasant, and did an outstanding job shooting our daughter's outdoor wedding at Southwood Plantation House. Our daughter was very pleased with the photos and felt that Kay captured a romantic 'vibe' that is sometimes hard to achieve at weddings. We can readily recommend Kay and her staff to others.

Profile Picture Dena, 6/6/14, 1 Review