Katydid Reviews

34 | Spring Lake, NJ

34 Reviews for Katydid

34 Katydid Reviews

Joann · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter had a vision and that is what Kate produced The bouquets were simply elegant. I loved having two different table designs so it wasn’t so cookie cutter! The gazebo flowers added so much. Kate also did flowers for her shower. I can’t say anything but good things. Thank you for making the day even more special. Joann

Katydid 1
    Katydid 2

Ellyn · Married on 12/31/2017

Kate and her team at Katydid are simply the best! When meeting with Kate she has a gift of being able to focus on your vision. Kate brought mine to life; she paired greenery and candles with antique clocks for our NYE wedding! Katydid was able to put 7 of my Mother's brooches into my bouquet; it was simply beautiful. Her work is soft, organic and romantic.

Kathryn · Married on 05/06/2017

I was thrilled with the work Katydid did for my wedding. When I met Kate at her shop, I could see some of the other stuff she was working on and immediately felt confident in her abilities. From there, we communicated mostly through emails. She was flexible with me on price when one item turned out more than I expected and she sent me the names of all the flowers she was using in advance to make sure that I knew exactly what I was getting. I don't have much of an "eye" for this kind of thing so even though I was kept in the loop on what the arrangements would look like, I was STUNNED when they arrived. The bouquets were extremely beautiful and exactly what I had been describing to her. Kate really has a talent to take a few of my words and pictures and be able to understand my vision and make it come to life. The girls could not stop commenting on how spectacular their flowers were. It was just the perfect look... the most beautiful flowers. I have full confidence in recommending Katydid to any bride!!

Janet · Married on 04/01/2017

Kate Duffy and her staff were amazing. Brought our wedding vision to life beyond our wildest expectations.
    She is creative, talented, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Working with her this past year has been an
    amazing experience! Can't imagine anyone not using her!

Alison · Married on 12/02/2016

Thank you SO MUCH for everything you did for me, Bobby, and my mom for both my bridal shower and our wedding. I could never have imagined how beautiful everything was going to turn out. We were ecstatic with your work, the colors, the vibe... everything! It was difficult for me, as I do not know much about flowers or arrangements, but you totally understood my style, and the esthetic I dreamed about for my wedding day. You made the vision I didn't even know I had come to fruition. Your work is flawless, beautifully, and magically. It was such a pleasure working with the Katydid team!

Allison · Married on 11/11/2016

Katydid is a creative genius! What a talented, passionate, and caring woman. She met with my husband, mother, and mother-in-law several times ensuring that our vision would be met. She exceeded all expectations with a smile on her face. Her calming nature made me at ease. I had complete confidence in her and her work. Just by chance, she was the last person I saw before my first look and I will never forget the look in her eyes, she was more than a vendor, but a friend.

Donald · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate is simply fantastic. She did all the flowers for my daughter's wedding in early October. She is so easy to work with, very creative and listens to what your vision is and what you want to spend. Her flowers were so fresh and her arrangements/bouquets were very natural, soft and ethereal. She also has beautiful vases, candles etc that enhance the table decor. Kate also arranged for tablecloth and chair rental.

Katelyn · Married on 09/23/2016

Kate and her team were an absolute dream to work with for my September wedding at Bonnet Island Estate. Her design is very unique and my bouquet, the garland and the reception room was everything I dreamed. Hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!!

Paula · Married on 08/27/2016

Kate and her team are talented, creative, professionals who listen to what the client wants and try to deliver everything on their wish list.

Krista · Married on 08/06/2016

Once I met with Kate in her charming store in Spring Lake I was sold. She was so sweet and passionate about making our day exactly how we envisioned it. I shared a few photos of flowers I had collected along the way and Kate ran with it - her excitement and creativity was palpable. It was so nice to know I was working with a true professional with impeccable taste, that truly loves what she does. I knew she would do an amazing job because she personally enjoys, and takes pride in her work. We never had to be bogged down with every detail - we just discussed broad strokes - a color palette, streaming ribbon, cascading greenery, garland, soft blushes, pops of deep burgundy - and trusted Kate with the rest. We appreciated not being bogged down by more details and having peace of mind that she would do an amazing job. While I was getting ready at the venue (Mallard Island Yacht Club) I snuck downstairs to see how the ballroom was coming along and it was simply beyond my wildest dreams. Seeing her vision brought to life so beautifully was the perfect way to start our perfect day. There weren't enough hugs or expressions of gratitude I could share to thank her and her team for making our day magical.

Jane · Married on 10/10/2015

Kate has a way of envisioning a unique wedding for each bride. Her proposal is like a fairytale story of the wedding day which is delivered perfectly without a hitch or hassle. Her vision is amazing and the staff professional. I have used her for other events, and will continue to recommend Katydid reguarly.

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

Kate Duffy and her team at Katydid truly captured the feel and mood I wanted my wedding to be. I did have to let go and trust Kate at times but it was so well worth it because she knows what she is talking about! I am so thrilled with how my flowers turned out and I can not thank Katydid enough for!! I would highly recommend Katydid Flowers!

Jess · Married on 05/02/2015

Kate and her team did an amazing job at our wedding. Loved everything they did!

She adds a unique artistic flair to everything she does! Love katie!

Caitlin · Married on 10/04/2014

Simply put, Kate and her team made my wedding vision come to life. When I first came to Kate I was not that knowledgeable of the flower-world but I did have this idea in my head of what colors and arrangements that I wanted in my head and Kate was able to produce all of that and more. Her artistic talent was evident from the beautiful altar arrangements, to the bouquets, to the table settings, down to the elegant pins she used to hold everything together. She helped make the room at Clarks Landing shine, and also made my photographer's job much easier with all of the vivid, fresh, beautiful color her flowers provided in all of our pictures. My mom, aunt and I all reached out to Kate in the year leading up to my wedding with different ideas we wanted to incorporate for my wedding day and she was gracious and accommodating to all of our requests (and there were a lot!). Kate and her team did not miss a detail and it did not go unnoticed. We had numerous compliments from our guests on the beauty the flowers provided on our special day and I can't thank them enough. I would highly recommend Katydid for your future wedding!

Meredith · Married on 04/12/2014

I am still on cloud 9 after seeing the flowers at my wedding at Mallard Island Yacht Club - the flowers were absolutely everything I could have ever wanted and more. The peonies, tulips, babies breath, roses, cherry blossoms, and more were BEAUTIFUL. Kate is an amazing artist she understood my vision from day one. From the upside down tulips dangling in the chapel, to the multiple versions of centerpieces, Kate really captured everything I could have ever dreamed of. The planning process was so much fun, and Kate was more than willing to meet with my mom and I multiple times to go over every detail :)

Kate exceeded my expectations for a whimsical/fairy tale wedding and if you have the opportunity to work with Kate I would highly recommend it! She is amazing.

Kathryn · Married on 12/07/2013

Kate helped me create the wedding of my dreams! It has been two months since our December 7th wedding and guests are still talking about how incredible our ballroom looked! Kate is so wonderful to work with and has a true talent in ensuring your ideas/concepts come to fruition. Her vision, taste and creations are flawless. I absolutely loved our personal flowers, church and cocktail hour arrangements, candles/lanterns decorating the staircases & tables, etc. Kate - the ballroom truly took my breath away - it was incredible! Thank you for being so easy to work with and for all of your time. I felt so special throughout the entire process. KatyDid Flowers are simply the BEST!

Kathy · Married on 09/21/2013

It has been 12 days since the wedding and people are still talking about the spectacular designs created by Kate Duffy. Her artistry with floral design is what you might see in notable high style design magazines. (and Kate's work has been featured in major publications) There was nothing ordinary about the florals provided for the wedding party and the venue. Kate listened to what we wanted our room to 'say'. The flowers and garlands were full, lush, fresh, and abundant. They were so wonderful and a few special family members were thrilled to receive the centerpieces at the conclusion of the event. Though Kate is down to earth and easy to communicate with, her floral design rises to the highest level of expertise.

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2013

Kate Duffy of Katydid truly helped me create the wedding of my dreams!! I met with countless florists before hiring Kate and her team, and the second I met her I knew she would be the one I wanted to work with for my wedding. Kate FAR surpassed my expectations and her vision, talent, and skill was worth every penny! When I walked into my reception room it blew me away- Kate executed everything just flawlessly. Our personal flowers were also insanely amazing- especially my bouquet which was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!! Kate spent a ton of time with me going over every detail, learning my vision, and crafting ideas that were exactly what I had in my mind and may not have been able to accurately express. As a very particular bride who was very focused on styling and floral design, Katydid was a dream come true!! I HIGHLY recommend Kate to any bride looking for a high end approach to a very personalized stylish wedding!!!

Niki · Married on 06/08/2012

I loved working with Kate! I had a few ideas of what types of flowers that I liked and didn't like. She spent a few hours in the planning stage with me, just trying to get an idea of who my husband and I are as a couple, how I envisioned the wedding day, what my other design elements were, etc. so that she could use that to help inspire the florals chosen. She really took the time with us as a couple, to individualize our flowers, which I really appreciated. Even though I usually tend to be very hands on, I stepped back and let Kate do most of the deciding since I really did trust her creative vision. I am so happy I did! Every flower piece that I saw I absolutely loved! I especially loved my bouquet. It was so beautiful. I was really impressed with the quality of the flowers that were used. I got so many compliments on the flowers - people saying that they usually aren't impressed with the flowers, but that mine were beautiful. I was very upfront with a budget that I knew I wanted to stick to, and Kate made many revisions and suggestions to keep us at our budget. Thank you Kate! You were a true pleasure to work with.

Matthew · Married on 10/15/2011

Kate is unbelievable, the ideas and visions she comes up with are untouchable. She did high and low center pieces for our wedding and we are still getting compliments on the flowers. The flowers for the bridesmaids where a bright green that brought everything together and really helped the dark purple dresses pop. Kate even went above and beyond to find the picaso calla lilly's that the bride really wanted for the guys to wear. The brides flowers were unbelievable and she kept them for over a week in water on the table. I highly recommend Kate and you can rest easy when she is taking care of the flowers. Thanks

Kate did a fabulous job with our wedding. The flowers, table settings, etc. were absolutely gorgeous and everyone who attended the wedding couldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything was. So much so that a picture of the room that we used for our wedding reception, was used in a brochure for the location. Could not recommend KatyDid enough for your wedding!

Kate was so great to work with and has PERFECT taste. She is a real artist that goes for quality and beauty. I could not have been happier with the centerpieces and my lavish bouquet. She produced my exact vision and I was so happy with the containers, candlesticks and linens she guided me towards. No other florist I looked at came close to her!

Andrea · Married on 12/07/2013

Kate is a dream to work with and our flowers were just gorgeous. She and my daughter, the bride, connected immediately and the end result was breathtaking. Our winter white wedding was one out of a dream.
    Kate is just so wonderful to work with. She is supportive, kind, creative, loving and very professional. We truly felt very special throughout the entire process.
    I would recommend Katydid to anyone. We've seen other florists, but no one compares with Katydid. Outstanding!!!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

I highly recommend Katydid floral design, from the very start Kate got my vision. But I have to say when I walked into our ceremony I was blown away. Not only did she see my vision but she went above and beyond it. Everything was just amazing. She worked with me, as I am a welder and made part of our centerpieces for our receptions, and her flower pieces for the tables were breathtaking. My bouquet was out of this world and I couldn't have invisioned a more beautiful hair piece that she made, the day of for me to wear. Kate is so easy to work with, laid back but very professional, and extremely talented. We both loved every part of what she created for us, and can't thank her and her team enough for making our wedding absolutely breathtaking. Thank you Kate!!!