34 Reviews for Katydid

Chuppah Decor (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Non-Floral (1)
34 Katydid Reviews

My daughter had a vision and that is what Kate produced The bouquets were simply elegant. I loved having two different table designs so it wasn’t so cookie cutter! The gazebo flowers added so much. Kate also did flowers for her shower. I can’t say anything but good things. Thank you for making the day even more special. Joann

Photo for Katydid Review -  Bridal shower vases for table and for guests to take home
Photo for Katydid Review - Beautiful bridal bouquet and gazebo flowers.
Profile Picture Joann, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages
2.0

Before leaving a review I want to agree with everyone in saying Katydid's flowers are stunning. I had the most beautiful bouquet of all time and my arrangements were equally as pretty. However, as a bride you want to be completely confident when booking your vendors that they have your best interest at heart. When our reception ended and our guests and family were wishing my husband and I goodbye (downstairs, outside) ALL of our flowers were loaded in a van and taken WITHOUT MENTION. After paying a few thousand dollars for floral arrangements, my parents returned home with only my bouquet. Upon reaching out with my concern after returning from my honeymoon and finding out, I was told "we should have told them before the wedding we wanted the flowers." I couldn't disagree more- We paid for each flower with cash. These were our flowers. Therefore, we should have been ASKED while planning what we wanted done with our flowers after the reception ended, before this even became an issue. An honest company would have forewarned us BEFORE the wedding that in 20 minutes time, after guests left the ballroom, all flowers would be taken away. Those who have had wedding before know the hustle and bustle of wishing the bride and groom off. Had they known, my parents would have been prepared to ask for their flowers. Instead they returned to a flowerless ballroom and they held brunch the next day in our home without a single arrangement...except my bouquet. So sad and disheartening.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate and her team at Katydid are simply the best! When meeting with Kate she has a gift of being able to focus on your vision. Kate brought mine to life; she paired greenery and candles with antique clocks for our NYE wedding! Katydid was able to put 7 of my Mother's brooches into my bouquet; it was simply beautiful. Her work is soft, organic and romantic.

Profile Picture Ellyn, 12/31/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We found katydid very late in the planning process - about a month prior to the wedding. We were a bit nervous after our initial meeting as the shop itself was a bit of a mess, however everything was delivered on time and set up perfectly and she even included a free flower crown for our flower girl. Overall, I would recommend katydid.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I highly recommend Katydid floral design, from the very start Kate got my vision. But I have to say when I walked into our ceremony I was blown away. Not only did she see my vision but she went above and beyond it. Everything was just amazing. She worked with me, as I am a welder and made part of our centerpieces for our receptions, and her flower pieces for the tables were breathtaking. My bouquet was out of this world and I couldn't have invisioned a more beautiful hair piece that she made, the day of for me to wear. Kate is so easy to work with, laid back but very professional, and extremely talented. We both loved every part of what she created for us, and can't thank her and her team enough for making our wedding absolutely breathtaking. Thank you Kate!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was thrilled with the work Katydid did for my wedding. When I met Kate at her shop, I could see some of the other stuff she was working on and immediately felt confident in her abilities. From there, we communicated mostly through emails. She was flexible with me on price when one item turned out more than I expected and she sent me the names of all the flowers she was using in advance to make sure that I knew exactly what I was getting. I don't have much of an "eye" for this kind of thing so even though I was kept in the loop on what the arrangements would look like, I was STUNNED when they arrived. The bouquets were extremely beautiful and exactly what I had been describing to her. Kate really has a talent to take a few of my words and pictures and be able to understand my vision and make it come to life. The girls could not stop commenting on how spectacular their flowers were. It was just the perfect look... the most beautiful flowers. I have full confidence in recommending Katydid to any bride!!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate Duffy and her staff were amazing. Brought our wedding vision to life beyond our wildest expectations.
She is creative, talented, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Working with her this past year has been an
amazing experience! Can't imagine anyone not using her!

Profile Picture Janet, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Thank you SO MUCH for everything you did for me, Bobby, and my mom for both my bridal shower and our wedding. I could never have imagined how beautiful everything was going to turn out. We were ecstatic with your work, the colors, the vibe... everything! It was difficult for me, as I do not know much about flowers or arrangements, but you totally understood my style, and the esthetic I dreamed about for my wedding day. You made the vision I didn't even know I had come to fruition. Your work is flawless, beautifully, and magically. It was such a pleasure working with the Katydid team!

Profile Picture Alison, 12/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Katydid is a creative genius! What a talented, passionate, and caring woman. She met with my husband, mother, and mother-in-law several times ensuring that our vision would be met. She exceeded all expectations with a smile on her face. Her calming nature made me at ease. I had complete confidence in her and her work. Just by chance, she was the last person I saw before my first look and I will never forget the look in her eyes, she was more than a vendor, but a friend.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Kate is simply fantastic. She did all the flowers for my daughter's wedding in early October. She is so easy to work with, very creative and listens to what your vision is and what you want to spend. Her flowers were so fresh and her arrangements/bouquets were very natural, soft and ethereal. She also has beautiful vases, candles etc that enhance the table decor. Kate also arranged for tablecloth and chair rental.

Profile Picture User7381092, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kate and her team were an absolute dream to work with for my September wedding at Bonnet Island Estate. Her design is very unique and my bouquet, the garland and the reception room was everything I dreamed. Hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate and her team are talented, creative, professionals who listen to what the client wants and try to deliver everything on their wish list.

Profile Picture Paula, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

Once I met with Kate in her charming store in Spring Lake I was sold. She was so sweet and passionate about making our day exactly how we envisioned it. I shared a few photos of flowers I had collected along the way and Kate ran with it - her excitement and creativity was palpable. It was so nice to know I was working with a true professional with impeccable taste, that truly loves what she does. I knew she would do an amazing job because she personally enjoys, and takes pride in her work. We never had to be bogged down with every detail - we just discussed broad strokes - a color palette, streaming ribbon, cascading greenery, garland, soft blushes, pops of deep burgundy - and trusted Kate with the rest. We appreciated not being bogged down by more details and having peace of mind that she would do an amazing job. While I was getting ready at the venue (Mallard Island Yacht Club) I snuck downstairs to see how the ballroom was coming along and it was simply beyond my wildest dreams. Seeing her vision brought to life so beautifully was the perfect way to start our perfect day. There weren't enough hugs or expressions of gratitude I could share to thank her and her team for making our day magical.

Profile Picture Krista, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

The best floral design in the state! These girls will make all your Pinterest flower fantasies come true! Our wedding flowers were everything we wanted them to be, and more! Katydid made the bouquets and grooms boutonniere for our wedding and they turned out even more beautiful than expected! I gave Kate and the girls pretty specific directions on what I wanted/ didn't want along with some inspiration pictures, and they made sure to meet all my requirements. Lovely staff, beautiful store, and the best experience!

Profile Picture Alana, 7/15/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres

Kate has a way of envisioning a unique wedding for each bride. Her proposal is like a fairytale story of the wedding day which is delivered perfectly without a hitch or hassle. Her vision is amazing and the staff professional. I have used her for other events, and will continue to recommend Katydid reguarly.

Profile Picture Jane, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

Kate Duffy and her team at Katydid truly captured the feel and mood I wanted my wedding to be. I did have to let go and trust Kate at times but it was so well worth it because she knows what she is talking about! I am so thrilled with how my flowers turned out and I can not thank Katydid enough for!! I would highly recommend Katydid Flowers!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate and her team did an amazing job at our wedding. Loved everything they did!

Profile Picture Jess, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

She adds a unique artistic flair to everything she does! Love katie!

Profile Picture User5332247, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Simply put, Kate and her team made my wedding vision come to life. When I first came to Kate I was not that knowledgeable of the flower-world but I did have this idea in my head of what colors and arrangements that I wanted in my head and Kate was able to produce all of that and more. Her artistic talent was evident from the beautiful altar arrangements, to the bouquets, to the table settings, down to the elegant pins she used to hold everything together. She helped make the room at Clarks Landing shine, and also made my photographer's job much easier with all of the vivid, fresh, beautiful color her flowers provided in all of our pictures. My mom, aunt and I all reached out to Kate in the year leading up to my wedding with different ideas we wanted to incorporate for my wedding day and she was gracious and accommodating to all of our requests (and there were a lot!). Kate and her team did not miss a detail and it did not go unnoticed. We had numerous compliments from our guests on the beauty the flowers provided on our special day and I can't thank them enough. I would highly recommend Katydid for your future wedding!

Profile Picture User4587318, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate created a magical wedding for me. She was able to take an image I had seen in a magazine and design beautiful chandeliers made of twigs and moss that were hung in the tent for our June wedding. We were opposed to using cut flowers for our centerpieces, so she found wonderful pots in various styles and potted live ferns, begonias and herbs for a garden on each table. The pots served as favors for our guests and were a huge hit. She also provided wonderful edible flowers to the baker for decorating our cake. My bouquet was beautiful and even bigger than I needed. I found out after the wedding, that when I asked her to scale it down, she took the flowers she removed and tied them to the post of our mailbox with a beautiful silk ribbon to help direct our guests to the house. Katydid is a gem.

Profile Picture Liz, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I am still on cloud 9 after seeing the flowers at my wedding at Mallard Island Yacht Club - the flowers were absolutely everything I could have ever wanted and more. The peonies, tulips, babies breath, roses, cherry blossoms, and more were BEAUTIFUL. Kate is an amazing artist she understood my vision from day one. From the upside down tulips dangling in the chapel, to the multiple versions of centerpieces, Kate really captured everything I could have ever dreamed of. The planning process was so much fun, and Kate was more than willing to meet with my mom and I multiple times to go over every detail :)

Kate exceeded my expectations for a whimsical/fairy tale wedding and if you have the opportunity to work with Kate I would highly recommend it! She is amazing.

Profile Picture Meredith, 4/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate is a dream to work with and our flowers were just gorgeous. She and my daughter, the bride, connected immediately and the end result was breathtaking. Our winter white wedding was one out of a dream.
Kate is just so wonderful to work with. She is supportive, kind, creative, loving and very professional. We truly felt very special throughout the entire process.
I would recommend Katydid to anyone. We've seen other florists, but no one compares with Katydid. Outstanding!!!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kate helped me create the wedding of my dreams! It has been two months since our December 7th wedding and guests are still talking about how incredible our ballroom looked! Kate is so wonderful to work with and has a true talent in ensuring your ideas/concepts come to fruition. Her vision, taste and creations are flawless. I absolutely loved our personal flowers, church and cocktail hour arrangements, candles/lanterns decorating the staircases & tables, etc. Kate - the ballroom truly took my breath away - it was incredible! Thank you for being so easy to work with and for all of your time. I felt so special throughout the entire process. KatyDid Flowers are simply the BEST!

Profile Picture Kathryn , 12/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

It has been 12 days since the wedding and people are still talking about the spectacular designs created by Kate Duffy. Her artistry with floral design is what you might see in notable high style design magazines. (and Kate's work has been featured in major publications) There was nothing ordinary about the florals provided for the wedding party and the venue. Kate listened to what we wanted our room to 'say'. The flowers and garlands were full, lush, fresh, and abundant. They were so wonderful and a few special family members were thrilled to receive the centerpieces at the conclusion of the event. Though Kate is down to earth and easy to communicate with, her floral design rises to the highest level of expertise.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I did not have a lot of flowers at my wedding but I was happy I chose Kate for what I did have. Living about an hour and a half away from where I was having my wedding in my hometown, I was very happy to be able to do EVERYTHING with Kate virtually. I gave Kate a lot of general ideas of what I wanted, she shared photos with me, and the results were beautiful. She dropped everything off at the hotel the morning of the wedding exactly on time and I was so pleased with the results.

Profile Picture Taryn, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews