Katydid Reviews

Katydid 5
Katydid 6
Katydid 7

Brianne · Married on 11/10/2018

Floral design at its finest!

I can't even begin to explain how much I loved working with Kate and her team at Katydid Floral Design. Kate completely got my vision from the minute we sat down together to discuss our wedding. Not only did Kate COMPLETELY nail my vision, she far exceeded anything I could have ever come up with in my mind. She took all my floral fantasies and made them reality. If you want your floral design at your wedding to be a showstopper, you will hire Kate. From here on out, I will never work with another florist!

Victoria · Married on 11/03/2018

Wow! Beautiful flowers

Kate was absolutely phenomenal! It was such a pleasure to work with her. From the day my mom and I walked into her shop we could feel she was going to be the right choice. She listened carefully to my vision, was patient and communicative during planning, and my vision came beautifully to life!! BOOK KATYDID FOR YOU WEDDING! She is amazing!!

-Victoria

• F

Fran Henig · Married on 09/30/2018

Elegant Dream Wedding Executed to Perfection!

Working with Katydid was a dream! Kate and Leslie took my daughter's vision of a fairytale wedding and executed to perfection at Park Chateau Sept 2018. They're expertise and exquisitely tasteful inspiration extended far beyond stunning florals and tablescapes. Their elegant touch influenced everything from invitations to favors and we couldn't be more grateful! They are consummate professionals and we always felt our vision coming through with sophistication and a graceful ease. Katydid gets our highest recommendation, we will never use anyone else for event planning.

Katydid 8
    Katydid 13
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

The Best Decision Ever!!

From the moment I walked into Katy’s shop, I knew she was going to provide our flowers. She was so kind, creative, and intelligent. I trusted her opinions and suggestions. She took our preferences and vision and truly made it come to life. She suggested things I never even thought of! You will not be disappointed with Katy and her team! My flowers were absolutely stunning and I am still receiving compliments about how beautiful they were!

Hilary B · Married on 07/14/2018

Bain wedding

Katydid elevated my wedding to a jaw dropping level. Her and her team have the ability to envision creative floral designs that make a wedding memorable! She worked hard with my numerous idea changes and was flexible and patient. My guests have expressed how special my venue was and I have katydid to thank!

Katydid 14
    Katydid 15

Annie Mccarthy · Married on 07/13/2018

A Perfect Experience!

Katydid flowers did a beautiful job for our wedding at Bonnet Island Estate! From the moment I met Kate she saw my vision and it was truly brought to life on my big day! From the ceremony flowers, to the ballroom, to the personal flowers, everything was exactly what I asked for. She even made a special request happen when she found my beer loving husband hops for his boutineers! I remember being so excited when we got that email! True detail! What was also awesome is that Kate knew the venue so well and was able to suggest ideas to me that otherwise I wouldn’t have thought of. Lastly, she was able to help me fit her work into my budget and made suggestions as to where I could cut back if I needed to. Katydid did a wonderful job!

Katydid 16
    Katydid 17

Mike & Patti Geary · Married on 06/09/2018

Outstanding!

Katie is a most talented florist. She had a great vision for the wedding and reception and it was executed to perfection! We highly recommended Katydid!

Joann · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter had a vision and that is what Kate produced The bouquets were simply elegant. I loved having two different table designs so it wasn’t so cookie cutter! The gazebo flowers added so much. Kate also did flowers for her shower. I can’t say anything but good things. Thank you for making the day even more special. Joann

Katydid 18
    Katydid 19

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2018

My favorite vendor!

We used Katydid for our wedding May of 2018. I went to the initial meeting relatively unprepared without knowing types of flowers that we wanted and I didn't even have pictures or flowers/looks that I liked. Kate was so patient and by asking a few questions was able to come up with a gorgeous vision. She was able to offer suggestions well beyond just the flowers. She is kind, patient, helpful, supportive, easy to work with, and calming leading up to the wedding. All of the flowers for our wedding were simply stunning, classy, soft and elegant from the bouquets, to church decor, and table centerpieces. Katydid helped us create a beautiful wedding. My favorite vendor!

Ellyn · Married on 12/31/2017

Kate and her team at Katydid are simply the best! When meeting with Kate she has a gift of being able to focus on your vision. Kate brought mine to life; she paired greenery and candles with antique clocks for our NYE wedding! Katydid was able to put 7 of my Mother's brooches into my bouquet; it was simply beautiful. Her work is soft, organic and romantic.

Kathryn · Married on 05/06/2017

I was thrilled with the work Katydid did for my wedding. When I met Kate at her shop, I could see some of the other stuff she was working on and immediately felt confident in her abilities. From there, we communicated mostly through emails. She was flexible with me on price when one item turned out more than I expected and she sent me the names of all the flowers she was using in advance to make sure that I knew exactly what I was getting. I don't have much of an "eye" for this kind of thing so even though I was kept in the loop on what the arrangements would look like, I was STUNNED when they arrived. The bouquets were extremely beautiful and exactly what I had been describing to her. Kate really has a talent to take a few of my words and pictures and be able to understand my vision and make it come to life. The girls could not stop commenting on how spectacular their flowers were. It was just the perfect look... the most beautiful flowers. I have full confidence in recommending Katydid to any bride!!

Janet · Married on 04/01/2017

Kate Duffy and her staff were amazing. Brought our wedding vision to life beyond our wildest expectations.
    She is creative, talented, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Working with her this past year has been an
    amazing experience! Can't imagine anyone not using her!

Alison · Married on 12/02/2016

Thank you SO MUCH for everything you did for me, Bobby, and my mom for both my bridal shower and our wedding. I could never have imagined how beautiful everything was going to turn out. We were ecstatic with your work, the colors, the vibe... everything! It was difficult for me, as I do not know much about flowers or arrangements, but you totally understood my style, and the esthetic I dreamed about for my wedding day. You made the vision I didn't even know I had come to fruition. Your work is flawless, beautifully, and magically. It was such a pleasure working with the Katydid team!

Allison · Married on 11/11/2016

Katydid is a creative genius! What a talented, passionate, and caring woman. She met with my husband, mother, and mother-in-law several times ensuring that our vision would be met. She exceeded all expectations with a smile on her face. Her calming nature made me at ease. I had complete confidence in her and her work. Just by chance, she was the last person I saw before my first look and I will never forget the look in her eyes, she was more than a vendor, but a friend.

Donald · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate is simply fantastic. She did all the flowers for my daughter's wedding in early October. She is so easy to work with, very creative and listens to what your vision is and what you want to spend. Her flowers were so fresh and her arrangements/bouquets were very natural, soft and ethereal. She also has beautiful vases, candles etc that enhance the table decor. Kate also arranged for tablecloth and chair rental.

Katelyn · Married on 09/23/2016

Kate and her team were an absolute dream to work with for my September wedding at Bonnet Island Estate. Her design is very unique and my bouquet, the garland and the reception room was everything I dreamed. Hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!!

Paula · Married on 08/27/2016

Kate and her team are talented, creative, professionals who listen to what the client wants and try to deliver everything on their wish list.

Krista · Married on 08/06/2016

Once I met with Kate in her charming store in Spring Lake I was sold. She was so sweet and passionate about making our day exactly how we envisioned it. I shared a few photos of flowers I had collected along the way and Kate ran with it - her excitement and creativity was palpable. It was so nice to know I was working with a true professional with impeccable taste, that truly loves what she does. I knew she would do an amazing job because she personally enjoys, and takes pride in her work. We never had to be bogged down with every detail - we just discussed broad strokes - a color palette, streaming ribbon, cascading greenery, garland, soft blushes, pops of deep burgundy - and trusted Kate with the rest. We appreciated not being bogged down by more details and having peace of mind that she would do an amazing job. While I was getting ready at the venue (Mallard Island Yacht Club) I snuck downstairs to see how the ballroom was coming along and it was simply beyond my wildest dreams. Seeing her vision brought to life so beautifully was the perfect way to start our perfect day. There weren't enough hugs or expressions of gratitude I could share to thank her and her team for making our day magical.

Jane · Married on 10/10/2015

Kate has a way of envisioning a unique wedding for each bride. Her proposal is like a fairytale story of the wedding day which is delivered perfectly without a hitch or hassle. Her vision is amazing and the staff professional. I have used her for other events, and will continue to recommend Katydid reguarly.

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

Kate Duffy and her team at Katydid truly captured the feel and mood I wanted my wedding to be. I did have to let go and trust Kate at times but it was so well worth it because she knows what she is talking about! I am so thrilled with how my flowers turned out and I can not thank Katydid enough for!! I would highly recommend Katydid Flowers!

Jess · Married on 05/02/2015

Kate and her team did an amazing job at our wedding. Loved everything they did!

She adds a unique artistic flair to everything she does! Love katie!

Caitlin · Married on 10/04/2014

Simply put, Kate and her team made my wedding vision come to life. When I first came to Kate I was not that knowledgeable of the flower-world but I did have this idea in my head of what colors and arrangements that I wanted in my head and Kate was able to produce all of that and more. Her artistic talent was evident from the beautiful altar arrangements, to the bouquets, to the table settings, down to the elegant pins she used to hold everything together. She helped make the room at Clarks Landing shine, and also made my photographer's job much easier with all of the vivid, fresh, beautiful color her flowers provided in all of our pictures. My mom, aunt and I all reached out to Kate in the year leading up to my wedding with different ideas we wanted to incorporate for my wedding day and she was gracious and accommodating to all of our requests (and there were a lot!). Kate and her team did not miss a detail and it did not go unnoticed. We had numerous compliments from our guests on the beauty the flowers provided on our special day and I can't thank them enough. I would highly recommend Katydid for your future wedding!

Meredith · Married on 04/12/2014

I am still on cloud 9 after seeing the flowers at my wedding at Mallard Island Yacht Club - the flowers were absolutely everything I could have ever wanted and more. The peonies, tulips, babies breath, roses, cherry blossoms, and more were BEAUTIFUL. Kate is an amazing artist she understood my vision from day one. From the upside down tulips dangling in the chapel, to the multiple versions of centerpieces, Kate really captured everything I could have ever dreamed of. The planning process was so much fun, and Kate was more than willing to meet with my mom and I multiple times to go over every detail :)

Kate exceeded my expectations for a whimsical/fairy tale wedding and if you have the opportunity to work with Kate I would highly recommend it! She is amazing.

Kathryn · Married on 12/07/2013

Kate helped me create the wedding of my dreams! It has been two months since our December 7th wedding and guests are still talking about how incredible our ballroom looked! Kate is so wonderful to work with and has a true talent in ensuring your ideas/concepts come to fruition. Her vision, taste and creations are flawless. I absolutely loved our personal flowers, church and cocktail hour arrangements, candles/lanterns decorating the staircases & tables, etc. Kate - the ballroom truly took my breath away - it was incredible! Thank you for being so easy to work with and for all of your time. I felt so special throughout the entire process. KatyDid Flowers are simply the BEST!