Katlem Design & Invitations Reviews

40 | Middletown, RI

40 Reviews for Katlem Design & Invitations

Eve · Married on 11/17/2018

Professional, Responsive, & High Quality

Kate was so great to work with--even when I changed my mind about design aspects maybe a thousand times, she always got proofs and mockups back to me very quickly. Quality of the invitations was excellent, and got lots of compliments on them. Using her again for another event this summer. Thank you!!!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Angela · Married on 06/02/2018

Talented, Efficient and Accommodating

I originally reached out to Kate for Save the Dates when I thought I was doing a destination wedding in Italy. She worked really hard to incorporate a novel map of Sicily into a vibrant looking STD. When the location changed to NYC and the theme was heritage and Deco, it was Kate who encouraged me to use a 1915 map of the area of the ceremony and use it as a gatefold for a classic/Art Deco invite. When my guests received the invitation they loved it because it was consistent with my style and unique. Kate also created a magnificent monogram that was used within the invitation and which I've since adopted on to a wax seal. I think Kate is very creative and works hard to match a bride's vision to her talents. Prices for her work are reasonable, especially against the stationers I was quoted from in the New York City area. In the mad dash to get the invites out, she worked with me to get more invitations from the printer. She does a lot of high-end events and weddings in the Rhode Island/Newport area so she has an elevated standard based upon her local clientele. I would use her in the future for other events.

Sent on 03/10/2019

Jens · Married on 11/25/2016

Kate was an absolute joy to work with. On top of being an extremely skilled artist, she was very flexible and willing to work with me during a planned vacation. She was able to take all my critiques and suggestions and translated it beautifully on the invitations. She is extremely responsive and I never needed to send her an email to request an update on anything.
    I definitely would look at using her in the future for any other professional printing needs that I may have.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Mandy · Married on 11/05/2016

Oh my goodness!!! Kate was such a joy to work with on our wedding booklets and wedding ceremony programs. Her work was meticulous and classy. Her punctuality was insanely fast. In addition, she was always there for me to bounce ideas off of. I cannot tell you all enough how much I recommend Kate's work for any event that you pursue. You will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Christine · Married on 10/14/2016

Kate did a fantastic job with my wedding invitations!!! She also did the RSVP cards and I highly recommend the addressing service for the envelops as well. They turned out beautiful!! I could not be happier with how they turned out!! She was very quick with responding and the turnaround time from printing to delivery was only a few days! I highly recommend her to every bride! :)

Sent on 07/13/2016

Tristine · Married on 10/01/2016

Kate's whimsical aesthetic provided the perfect introduction to our wedding. She was super quick to reply & happily followed through with all of our special requests. Her online forms were very straightforward leaving little up to interpretation. Weddings are stressful - she handles everything for you. Our save the dates were so perfect we did not hesitate to have her design our invitations!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

Kate was so amazingly wonderful and went waaaay above and beyond in helping me design my "Save The Date" and my formal wedding invitations. She did everything as quickly as possible and contacted me every step of the way and made sure I was satisfied with everything. She was also very patient with me because I did make changes & she was still able to move everything hing along quickly. I will for ever use her service and I recommend that you use her in all her services that she has to offer. She responds quickly to everything. Thank you again for everything!

Sent on 08/17/2016
  • Q

Quita · Married on 09/01/2016

I found Kate on Etsy and I am so happy I did. She has done outstanding work from my save the dates to my invitations. She also has done my cups,napkins,bottle labels etc. A favorite of mine is the pillow she did for my bed. Her work is qualiry and she is easy to talk to and discuss your ideas with her. I will be using her in the future for a baby shower and any other event I may need to plan.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/29/2016

Not only did Kate's design go beyond our expectations, she was incredibly attentive to our needs, and help up customize our one of a kind invitations! She was so helpful responded quickly and professionally. We could not be happier with our invitations and would HIGHLY recommend her company to anyone who asks! Kate, good luck with your business you deserve so much success, Thank's again!!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Ordering was easy.. and I felt attended to throughout the whole process. The invitations were unique and beautiful... We loved the design and were very happy :)

Sent on 05/02/2016

Kate was able to meet with us as soon as possible. She helped create our perfect wedding invitations. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Eddie · Married on 04/23/2016

Kate did our invitations and place cards. They turned out great & exactly the way we wanted them too. She was a pleasure to deal with & we would definetly recommend her to anyone if they want their wedding to be extra special.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kate has designed all of the stationary for our wedding - save the dates, invitations, and some table cards for the ceremony. We were initially drawn to her projects online for their themes, but wanted to do some custom features. For our save the dates, she customized a map including 3 important locations to me and my fiancé and people came out of the woodwork to tell us how original the card was! For the invitations, we were inspired from silhouettes we saw on some pinterest pictures which she recreated flawlessly! Her service on this project was outstanding, as we wanted to print the invite in a special metallic ink which she had to to search for and coordinate with printers who had that ability. And - she managed to make this work all within a very reasonable budget. Overall, we've been so thrilled with both the process and end product and would highly recommend Kate if you are looking for a personalized and stylish design.

Sent on 02/18/2016

elizabeth · Married on 08/28/2015

I was searching for a unique wedding invitation and couldn't find anything that I really loved using the typical wedding websites and stores. I stumbled on a design with a picture of the venue we were getting married at on Etsy by Katlem Invitations. Kate then helped design our wedding invitations using a photo we had taken and worked with us on the exact design, color, etc. She was very helpful in making suggestions and helping with the entire process. She was quick to respond and accommodating. I highly recommend Katlem design!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Renee · Married on 11/07/2014

Our "Save the Dates" turned out great! Kate customized them specifically for us to make them very special -- and her responsiveness and flexibility was wonderful. We heard complements from all of our guests when they received them in the mail -- their favorite "Save the Date" of the year!

Sent on 02/07/2014
  • Meagan McIntyre

Meagan · Married on 10/10/2014

We worked with Kate to come up with customized Save The Dates, Invitations, and stamps. Kate also made printable signs for our reception & shower. Everything was top notch and were shipped safely and on time. I can't wait to work with Kate for our Thank You notes.

Sent on 10/16/2014
  • User889431 · event on: 09/25/2014

Can't say enough about how wonderful Katlem Design is- Kate was so quick and helpful with our corporate event invitation- she sent me my first proof within only a couple of hours. By the time I got home that evening it was in my inbox, we made a couple of revisions and she was nice enough to isolate some of the graphics for me to use for the event. Thank you again, Kate! Will be using you again!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Bridget & Dan · Married on 06/28/2014

We were so happy to have had the pleasure of working with Kate on many of our paper products for our wedding! Her invitations are unique and beautiful with custom designs and vibrant colors, and her paper is of the highest quality. Kate is incredibly professional, prompt, and easy to work with! We were so happy upon receiving our invitations that we immediately asked her to complete our programs, escort cards, welcome booklets, and even labels for our welcome boxes! We have also ordered thank you notes through her because we loved everything so very much!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Lizzie · Married on 08/24/2013

I worked with Kate at Katlem Designs for my save the dates and wedding invitations. She was wonderful to work with! She sent me numerous options and kept editing and changing the design until I was 100% happy with it. She had great ideas, but also understood what I was looking for. She responded quickly to all of my e-mails and was even able to put a rush on the invites for me. They turned out gorgeous and had a personal touch. I would definitely work with Katlem Designs in the future for any invites or paper goods!!

Sent on 05/30/2013
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 07/05/2013

Kate was so great to work with! She was accommodating, super responsive and always came back right away with new drafts and changes that we made. Kate did it all- our invitations, church programs, thank you cards, table tents, placecards, etc. All our guests were amazed by how beautiful the invitations turned out! She was detail oriented and very creative. We were more than happy with everything she did for our wedding and can't thank her enough! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2012

Kate was amazing to work with! Kate was open to any and all ideas I presented to go with my theme. I had seen a specific symbol I wanted to use on the invitation and she was able to recreate it perfectly. Communication was easy and timely. Kate provided all the necessary items to make the invitation process seamless; wording choices, fonts, colors, a timeline of the creation process, and samples. I was so excited to see the final product, and Kate did not disappoint. They quality was top notch and everything I had hoped for. The invitations just went out last week, and I have received nothing but positive reviews and comments about the quality and design.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Vera · Married on 06/16/2012

We asked Kate to make welcome booklets for our wedding guests. She made the entire process as easy as possible and was incredibly responsive. The fiinished product looks absolutely terrific and they are such a great value! I definitely recommend getting these booklets made for your wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2012
  • F

Katie · Married on 09/10/2011

Katlem Designs did an absolutely amazing job on our Save the Dates and Invitations! The owner, Kate Lemish, went above and beyond to make us the most beautiful invitations! She was very professional and paid close attention to our every detail and request; she made it a truly personalized experience. We will be having Katlem also make the programs and place cards for our wedding ceremony and reception. Our families and friends are still talking about how creative and stunning the invitations and save the dates were, they are something very special that we will have forever to remember our big day!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Moira · Married on 07/16/2011

After spending a lot of time doing research, I narrowed in on some local invitations vendors who had extremely positive reviews. Kate, from Katlem Design & Invitations was the first vendor I met with, and after our initial meeting, I immediately cancelled all of my other appointments with potential vendors. I knew that she was the one, and my instincts were right, as I can't imagine a more positive experience or a more perfect (or gorgeous!) invitation than the one she designed for us.

Kate was extremely professional yet also really warm and open and easy to talk to. She listened to what we wanted and made suggestions based upon what she heard. She gently nudged us away from some poor color choices by suggesting and then showing us some colors that might be more striking (she was right on every count), and she never tried to talk us into more expensive options because she was simply focused on what would look best AND be just what we were looking for.

Unlike many designers, Kate was willing to work with a piece of artwork that we provided. And, working from that art, she created a cohesive design that had small elements from the original piece sprinkled throughout the whole package (reply cards, envelopes, etc.) to pull it all together. While we were lucky to have a family member who created an illustration for us, if that hadn't been the case, we probably would have still used Katlem Design because all of the original pieces that Kate showed us were lovely. And, for the work that she puts in and the quality of that work, the price is very reasonable.

Literally everyone who received an invitation to our wedding made a point of telling us how beautiful/original/striking/awesome our invitations were. If I find myself needing invitations or announcements in the future, I will definitely call Kate.

Sent on 09/17/2011

Chrissy · Married on 04/16/2011

Kate was amazing to work with. She was very professional and knows the business in Newport. From the date we spoke she stuck to her timeline and delivered as promised. She has unique wedding invitations templates for the Newport RI area.

Sent on 08/01/2011