Katie Stoops Photography Reviews

36 | Harrisonburg, VA

36 Reviews for Katie Stoops Photography

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2009

I cannot say enough great things about my experience working with Katie Stoops of Open Air Photography. From the moment I learned about her and browsed her website until now (post-wedding), I have been more than impressed with her professionalism, character, talent and artistry, responsiveness, flexibility, and passion for her job.

When we started looking for a photographer, we knew we wanted a more artistic, photojournalistic, candid approach to capturing our day. My fiance and I wanted to find someone who could bring our wedding day back to life over and over again. Our photos turned out brilliantly. We couldn't agree more with the rave reviews from our friends and family about how well Katie captured our fun-loving personalities and the various details of the day. And I feel blessed to have found someone with such amazing talent at such a fantastic price! Her value for cost cannot be beat!

In addition to the style of the photographer, we also really wanted to find someone we were really comfortable with as she would be spending the entire day with us. From the moment we met with Katie, we were totally at ease and felt as though she understood the vision we had for how we wanted to remember our wedding day in pictures. I also wanted to have a relationship or at least feel some sort of connection with the photographer as he/she would be seeing me in a very vulnerable, emotional state on the day of the wedding. Throughout the planning stages, Katie was supportive and even sent a care package! The personal touch and humanistic approach she adds to her business is refreshing. She was always available by phone or email to answer questions and calm me down throughout the wedding stress. And, we were able to spend some time getting to know each other during my bridal portraits (which was SUCH a fun experience - totally felt like a movie star/fashion model). She's a doll of a person and incredibly fun to be around.

On the day of the wedding, Katie and her fabulous assistant were on time (early even) and got right to work (you definitely get a huge bang for your buck). They were unobtrusive, calm, friendly, and very professional throughout the day. We provided a list of specific pictures we wanted and Katie was happy to accommodate the request. We've received our pictures and cannot be happier with the results. I look at the photos and am completely taken back to the emotions of the day. What great memories! Also, the online proofing website is easy to use and browse (even for our non tech saavy family members).

I honestly can't put into words thrilled we were to work with Katie and Open Air Photography. We were very blessed with fantastic vendors and Open Air Photography is at the top of our recommended list!

Sent on 08/03/2009

nicole · Married on 06/06/2009

Katie is amazing - hire her!!!! She is not only the most talented photogranph but a genuinely wonderful person - she is funny, kind and super cool. It was a pleasure working with her and her fantastic assistant, Nikki. They made us feel totally comfortable and it shows in our pictures. She was the second and last photograph we met with - we knew right away that we would be in good hands. Katie was very easy to get in contact with and answer any and all questions. And our pictures! Wow!! We could not be happier - she captured our day perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were lucky to find Open Air and Katie - Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2009

Kerry · Married on 05/16/2009

Outstanding. Professional. Easy, fun and incredibly enjoyable to be with on our wedding day. Katie Stoops (Open Air Photography) was probably the best decision we made as far as the wedding vendors.

I would highly recommend her again. She was always very responsive by phone and email leading up to the wedding. Prospective brides -- remember you spend the ENTIRE day with the photographer, so to have someone easy to be around (friendly, unintrusive, relaxed, calm, funny and upeat) that is KEY. Katie and her assistant were absolutely delightful.

P.S.
    Splurg for the assistant. Best money SPENT -- you could totally see that Katie was able to get even better photographs because her assistant was available and there to help her prep. (written on 5/18/09)

OK, BRIDES --
    It's now 5/26/09 and I have received my photographs.... WOW. The photos were truly spectacular. I could NOT have been happier. I can officially testify that Open Air (Katie Stoops) was not only a delight to have around on our wedding day, but the photos were absolutely incredible. I can't wait to receive the finished album. The online proofing system is quick and easy to use (even for the parents who, of course, want to view the pictures).

Sent on 05/19/2009

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2009

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Katie!! Photography was something that was incredibly important to me, however I didn't have an unlimited budget and before I met Katie I was worried I'd end up settling - that couldn't have been further from what happened! Katie has an amazing eye and managed to turn even the most mundane thing into something beautiful. She seemed to be everywhere at once and her images captured all of the fun and excitement of the night. Thanks to her I can be transported back to that evening at any time as she obtained so much more than the standard family shots, she was able to catch all of the emotion.

Not only are her photographs stunning but Katie herself stands out - she took the time to get to know my groom and me, sent a care package as I planned for the wedding and called the night before the big day to let me know she'd be bringing her assistant in case of rain and just to check and see how I was doing. This personal element meant so much to me and made her a joy to work with.

I highly recommend Katie to anyone looking for a photographer that excels at her craft.

Sent on 05/13/2009

Rebecca · Married on 02/21/2009

There is absolutely no one that could top the professionalism and artistic eye of Katie Stoops!

My husband and I planned a very small wedding for about 30 people at a historic inn in Fredericksburg, VA. Katie did such an amazing job taking pictures of the family- she even got shots I seceretly wanted but was too busy to ask for!

Her photos are so special, very unique. Flipping through my photo album, you feel like you are there in person! My bridal shots and couple photos turned out a million times better than I could have ever dreamed.

As for her presence, Katie has such a fun personality. She blended in while taking pictures, and was a dream to talk to during the wedding as well. My entire family made sure to make a comment about how impressed they were with her skills AND her winning personality.

I eagerly urge anyone planning their dream day to contact Katie for their photography needs- you are sure to be blown away!

Sent on 08/05/2009

meghan · Married on 10/11/2008

FANTASTIC PICTURES! Very sweet and easy to work with, made us feel so special! Thank you!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Donna · Married on 06/27/2008

Katie is absolutely fantastic. I could not have been happier with her. The day of the wedding she was tons of fun and got along well with everyone. She has a non-intrusive style. When we got back the photos, we were so shocked at how much she captured because we didn't even remember seeing her take many of the photos! She didn't miss a thing. I have a complete photo diary of our day thanks to her. If you haven't booked a photographer yet, definitely give her a call, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/18/2008

Amber · Married on 06/03/2006

Often, your wedding day is a day spent nervously rushing around to get everything in perfect order, but it is also a day when you should be able to live in the moment, relax a little, and enjoy the very special event that is taking place. That is the gift that Katie Stoops and Open Air Photography helped to give me.

Katie was very professional and easy to work with. Prior to the wedding day we discussed some of the pictures that I wanted, but on that day she was flexible when I requested some different poses. The whole wedding party really felt comfortable with her around, and I didn't feel that I had to ask her to get pictures of certain things. She was already on top of it!

When the photos were ready I was overwhelmed with all the special little details Katie was able to capture. Now, whenever I flip through my wedding album, it's like re-living that beautiful day all over again.

Needless to say, I was more than pleased with the services provided by Katie Stoops and Open Air Photography. I would highly recommend her for any style of wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2008

Michael · Married on 04/14/2012

Having Katie as our wedding photographer was like having Michael Jordan at a game of pickup basketball. Sure, we paid a fair amount for the privilege, but her work is unrivaled and we couldn't be happier with the decision. She takes the greatest of care, is a gem of a person, and makes amazing photos where lesser mortals wouldn't have even imagined they existed. On the fence? Get off it and hire her.

Sent on 03/13/2013
  • F

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2009

These pictures were perfect...I don't have many good pictures of myself in general and Katie Stoops really made me look beautiful! There were so many images and the quality of those images was unbelievable! She did an incredible job of capturing so many important moments and went above and beyond in finding ways to catch candid images. There was no way we would have gone with a different vendor and she was very easy to talk to and easy going as well;) I recommend going to her website...check out her portfolio....you will be so impressed!

Sent on 07/28/2009

L · Married on 08/09/2008

Everything was perfect! Very creative photographs, as well as traditional ones.

Sent on 11/02/2008