Katie Salerno Photography Reviews

23 Reviews for Katie Salerno Photography

• Sarah

Sarah Mott · Married on 04/01/2020

So wonderful!

Katie is such a wonderful photographer and an equally wonderful person! She is present and kind and allowed my fiancé and I to feel so comfortable with her. Her photos captured our trusted love and they are stunningly romantic. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone who captures emotion and love.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Carpenter · Married on 02/09/2020

Thank You, Katie!!

From our initial meeting sipping wine together to the big day, Katie made my husband and I (two people who do not to love to be in front of a camera) feel so comfortable. I couldn't imagine having anyone else capture our engagement or wedding photos!
    Our photos are absolutely stunning - moody and romantic. But more importantly, they capture all of the special magic between my husband and I and tell a story of the day that we can use to relive it over and over again.
    Could not speak more highly of her and her wonderful talents. Thank you so much, Katie!!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/05/2019

So so great!

Katie is amazing! She took the time before our engagement shoot to chat on the phone and get to know a little bit about us, our relationship, and our vision for our photos. She asked all the right questions and was very flexible leading up to our shoot. The actual shoot was so fun!! We were nervous because we have never had professional photos taken together but Katie made it easy and very enjoyable. She is the nicest person and so great to work with. The best part- Our photos turned out AMAZING! We have so so many awesome pictures that we will cherish for a lifetime. If I had found Katie sooner I would have brought her to Mexico with us as our wedding photographer thats how much we loved our experience and pictures with her

Sent on 10/08/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/05/2019

Katie is amazing

My husband and I hired Katie for both our wedding and engagement photography. We met with Katie for coffee before hiring her and immediately knew her personality was one of a kind and was exactly what we were looking for in someone who has such an important job on our wedding day... Not to mention her beautiful photos and photography style.

Flash forward to our engagement photos - we are certainly not photogenic people, but Katie somehow got the most AMAZING shots of us. I couldn't find enough ways to share them. She encouraged us to be ourselves and relax, even when my husband couldn't stop nervous giggling in front of the camera.

Our wedding day was much of the same, she and her husband were married the WEEK before and still made an amazing team at our wedding. I think Katie is so talented that she is able to go for quality over quantity. I didn't feel like we spent our entire day posing/taking photos and we even had time to spend alone together as husband and wife before the reception began. Katie stuck to the timeline we gave her and even helped SO MUCH moving the wedding party along, putting boutonnieres on the boys, and giving tips for the bouquets to the girls. We haven't even seen our finished product yet, but I am sooo confident that we will be in love with them and will want to hang them all over our walls

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Garrigan · Married on 09/20/2019

Perfect, 10/10 would recommend Katie!

My husband and I met Katie shortly after we got engaged and immediately fell in love with not only her work but her personality. Both our engagement and wedding pictures captured the most beautiful and raw moments. Katie has a way of making taking pictures (even for over an hour) fun and easy. She is a true talent. Katie made our big day even more special by being the best photographer and a great friend! I would highly recommend choosing Katie as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Abygale

Abygale Choi · Married on 08/10/2019

Biggest Fan

Having met Katie once for our engagement shoot (which was so fun, pictures = amazing), she felt like another friend who I invited to my wedding on the wedding day. She is so personable, down to earth, and professional. Her photos are creative, unique, and honest! I love the way she finds new angles to capture people, is unafraid of trying new things, and has an eye for design that is really on point. Her photography captures more than just people- it captures intimacy; it captures love. She celebrates love through her decisions behind the camera. We appreciated her so much on the day of our wedding. Her fiancé, Todd, also accompanied her to shoot a video for us per our request and oh boy, were we glad to have asked; they are an amazing team together, super focused and talented. We are fans of them as people, and of their work!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Maura · Married on 05/18/2019

Creative and Professional!

We worked with Katie on our engagement photos and were absolutely blown away with how they came out. She was able to capture each of our personalities, while also including an extremely creative and professional aesthetic. We cannot wait to work with her again on our wedding day and future endeavors!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lindsay Peterman · Married on 05/04/2019

Such an amazing elopement experience!

Katie was so wonderful to work with! Looking for a photographer to capture our City Hall elopement, we knew we needed someone who we'd feel comfortable with--our photographer and my sister would be the only people in attendance. Katie's bright, bubbly personality came across from our first email contact with her. Meeting her for the first time over drinks was so much fun, and she quickly felt like an old friend. On the day of our elopement, the moments she captured were so amazing! Walking through Beacon Hill afterwards, she knew all the best spots to stop for photos and captured such a wide range of shots. She struck the perfect balance of directing the shots we wanted captured, while still making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. And the photos turned out SO BEAUTIFULLY!!! Can't say enough good things about our experience with Katie!!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Eleni Russell · Married on 01/06/2019

Katie is an incredible photographer!

Katie captured our special day so perfectly! After our first meeting with Katie we knew we had to have her as our wedding photographer; she had such a great energy and her passion for photography was undeniable. My husband and I felt like she was a long-lost friend as we all instantly clicked after that first meeting. Our engagement photos were incredible; we loved our photo gallery! It was truly such a fun day that it got us so excited for our wedding day. She captured every single moment at our wedding with an impeccable eye; from special moments with friends and family to our one-on-one newly husband and wife photos, everything was perfect. Katie was always so professional and incredibly easy to work with - she was a true gem! We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Ashley · Married on 11/10/2018

Katie was a pleasure to work with

Katie was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I felt extremely comfortable with her and she was extremely accommodating. She made my wedding less stressful and caught some amazing shots for me!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2018

Katie was amazing

Katie was amazing to work with. We met her when we were looking for a photographer for our engagement pictures. They were so beautiful we immediately knew we had to hire her for our wedding. She is so creative and energetic! She sent out a few sneak peeks that are just unbelievable! Cant wait to see the rest of them soon!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jay Shemenski · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Katie was fantastic. She took the time to get to know us and our tastes — and was patient when working with us. Katie also struck the perfect balance of getting the right photos, while being flexible and unobtrusive. The care and attention showed, as we had great photos when it was all said and done.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Aubrey · Married on 09/01/2018

Many thanks to Katie (Love Guru and Photographer)

When we first met with Katie to discuss hiring her for our wedding, she greeted my now husband and I like we were old friends! She asked us questions over dinner that I had never even asked myself, she had us giggling and smiling instantly and opening up! We walked out of the restaurant with a photographer!
    Our engagement shoot quelled any feelings of uncertainty about our decision. Our engagement shoot was an actual blast! Katie produced some of the most stunning images I have ever seen. Surprisingly, Katie brought out this very passionate side of our love that really not many people get to see, as we are known as being the funny, goofy couple to most. She worked some serious magic and I know Nick and I will cherish those photos forever.
    Katie is probably the vendor we worried about least on the day of our wedding, despite photos being an important piece of the puzzle to us. Katie arrived, smiling, I swear to god she was more excited than me, slight exaggeration, but seriously! I had this little voice in the back of my head that was telling me that being a September wedding Katie may be exhausted from a summer of shooting weddings, that she might be uninterested at that point in the wedding season. For Katie this is not just a job this is her passion, she approaches every wedding with this vigor and brightness that I know I couldn't have found anywhere else. We were so thrilled with our wedding venue, but I was concerned that the photos might be a bit too boring, she knew that was a concern and she really addressed it, finding creative, natural, raw places around the property to take photos. My other big concern was not having enough time during the cocktail hour to fit everything in, the family photos, the bridal party, and the photos of just the two of us. She did a perfect job of keeping us on schedule and managing our crew. Actually one of the highlights of the day was taking photos at sunset. No surprise the photos are gorgeous, the real task will be picking our favorites. The actual images far exceeded our expectations! We are so happy!!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Kait · Married on 08/09/2018

Katie was amazing to work with, from the first contact to the delivery of our gallery. She was so sweet and easy to talk to when we first met, it was like chatting with an old friend. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and the shoot ended up being so fun. Also, when our first choice location didn’t work out, she was quick to come up with a backup plan and we still ended up with incredible pictures we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I will 100% recommend Katie to anyone and everyone (and I already have) and we will absolutely be booking more sessions in the future. Thanks for everything, Katie!!

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • John

John · Married on 07/28/2018

Constant Reminders of Love

Within minutes of meeting Katie, my wife and I thought of her more as a close friend than a vendor. Her investment in our relationship and our love was obvious during every interaction.
    Katie came to our first meeting prepared with questions about what we wanted to get out of our wedding and engagement photos, what styles of photography we were looking for, and other questions about how we wanted the days to go. She also had an additional questionnaire for us to fill out after the meeting that asked not just about photography but about us as people and about our relationship. Her demeanor, professionalism, and preparation made us comfortable immediately and made us feel like we were working with someone who cared deeply about us.
    Throughout the planning process Katie was very responsive to emails and receptive to meeting up, and was always interested in how we were doing. Our engagement shoot went spectacularly well despite being quite a drive for Katie and touch-and-go weather. Katie's demeanor was entirely warm, and it felt much more like hanging out with a close friend than a typical wedding industry vendor.
    The day of our wedding Katie was able to expertly wrangle our wedding party and family and get into just the right places for incredible photos without even once feeling intrusive. It was easy to forget she was a hired photographer because of how much she felt like just another of our close friends taking part in our day.
    After the wedding, Katie was in regular contact regarding our photos and when we would get them. She provided some incredible previews both in an album as well as on Instagram that reassured us that they were going to be awesome, and when we got the full set we were blown away by them!
    We wanted someone to capture not just the moments around and during our wedding, but the feelings we had for each other and the character of our relationship. Katie was (and still is!) able to make us feel like our love for each other is the only thing that matters, make us totally comfortable expressing ourselves, and turn those moments into photos that are so deep with meaning that looking at each of them feels like watching a movie about our love.
    We hired Katie to be our photographer, and what we got was someone who encourages and accentuates our feelings for each other and reminds us that what we have is something incredibly special that deserves to be cherished.
    Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Kimberly · Married on 06/23/2018

Oh my gosh what can I say about Katie? First off, she is just the cutest person - friendly, kind, fun, and super positive. It was cloudy and drizzly/rainy for both our engagement shoot and our wedding but Katie was so relaxed and positive about the weather that it helped relax me. Second, she is a total pro - her photographs are stunning and her organization, demeanor, and artistic direction while shooting you are all utterly professional. This girl knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of her camera and also knows how to find the sweet moments to capture. I think her artistic style suits me - aside from my requested family portraits she mostly captured the in-between moments. And perhaps it was my gloomy weather, but the images seem very arty and not cheezy - even the lovey dovey ones! Working with Katie was so so fun! And compared to other wedding logistics - she was a total breeze! I truly cannot recommend her enough!!! When you look at Katie's pictures you can clearly see her talent, but what you cannot see is just l how wonderful she is to interact with. I feel lucky to have had her be a part of my biggest day. :)

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kristyn · Married on 06/01/2018

We absolutely LOVE Katie's work. We appreciated how much time Katie spent herding friends and family around to capture the magic. We've heard horror stories of photographers forgetting to take pictures of various family members and friends, but Katie captured everything. It's also really difficult to snap photogenic motion shots of friends and family dancing, but Katie did it! We are so thrilled we chose her to be a part of our big day.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Mia · Married on 05/18/2018

Katie is simply fantastic. She has an amazing eye, such incredible talent, and made the process of taking our engagement photos and wedding photos SO easy and fun. It is clear that Katie puts SUCH time and attention into EVERY. Single. Photo she takes and edits. Our wedding photos came out better than we could've hoped. They're irreplaceable. Highly, highly recommend Katie for all your photography needs!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Margaret · Married on 09/16/2017

Hire Katie!!! She is absolutely amazing! She was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding - very organized and knew all of the right questions to ask. She arrived early the day of and immediately got to work documenting all of the "getting ready" details. Every single person who interacted with Katie at the wedding commented on how friendly and professional she is. We just got our preview from our wedding a week ago and I am totally in love! She totally exceeded my expectations and did an AMAZING job capturing the day.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Josh · Married on 04/26/2017

Katie was incredible as both our engagement and wedding photographer. Katie was very flexible when the weather didn't cooperate in February and she was thoughtful enough to bring hand warmers for us. She knew the area in Boston we were in well and suggested different shots. We knew immediately that we wanted her for our wedding photos. Katie came early and made sure she captured everything and did a very thorough job. Several of our wedding guests commented about how great Katie was. Katie turned the pictures around within a few weeks. We had been told repeatedly how important a great wedding photographer was and we definitely had one. We would highly recommend Katie to anyone.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Katie · Married on 09/28/2019

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Katie. As I work for LIT Boutique and am constantly on the search for photographers for our collaborations, when I got engaged I knew there was only one person that was right for the job: Katie Salerno. She pays attention to detail, takes the time to get to know you, and makes you feel comfortable. Our photos were so diverse in angles, details and position and we're beyond excited to have these for the rest of our lives. Katie captures love in a picture, it's magical!

Sent on 08/03/2018
  • Jolie

Jolie Chan · Married on 06/29/2019

Finding Katie was kismet; she's a dream photographer!

Finding the right photographer was a daunting task. For us, we knew that this was one of our top investments for our big day. With so many options out there, it was hard to narrow down even our top few. I stumbled upon Katie through a mutual Facebook friend, and I was immediately drawn to her romantic, slightly moody, yet emotion-filled style. We were lucky enough to meet with Katie and we knew right off the bat that she was our leading gal. She's so easy to get along with, and even though we're both uncomfortable (at first) with getting our photos taken, she pushed us outside of our comfort zone and captured our love and the love around us. Her fiancé, now husband, was her second shooter and he was also a rad energy to have around. It's also important to note that we had a team of videographers, and Katie was professional, courteous, and a team player with directing her shots while including them, and many people came up to us asking if they worked together! We're floored with the final gallery she shared, and she captured every single emotion, as well as the story, of our day. Flipping through all 1000+ photos was a real treat, and we're so fortunate to have these memories forever. THANK YOU, KATIE!! We'd hire you again in a heartbeat

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Janel

Janel · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Katie's work is like something out of a magazine. She and her partner Todd captured our day so perfectly. She balances traditionally posed portraits with spontaneous and candid moments. Thanks to her, I have engagement photos that I absolutely adore and hundreds of wedding photos that help me relive our wonderful wedding day. She is incredibly professional, listens well, and provides helpful suggestions to help make the photos the most premium. All of my guests complimented how incredible Katie and Todd were on the day of the wedding--they were taking photos everywhere!

Sent on 06/19/2019