Katie O. Photos Reviews

Katie O. Photos 7
  • Laura

Laura Hatchman · Married on 05/11/2019

Best decision ever

Choosing Katie as our wedding photographer was perhaps the best decision we made during our entire wedding planning process. From our initial inquiries, it was clear that she wanted to understand our goals and would be willing to work very hard to meet them. She consistently showed her professionalism and preparedness by reaching out to us consistently to check in throughout the wedding planning process. She gave us great advice on how to organize the day itself. Katie also took the initiative to scout our venue (Branford House in CT) before the wedding, and thus was really prepared with plentiful amazing ideas on where to take portraits throughout the day – both outside and inside the venue. This helped us be really efficient in our time and gave us the chance to really enjoy the wedding itself, while also getting incredible photos that we will cherish forever. Katie’s upbeat spirit, positivity, and overall enthusiasm were contagious. She made us, our families, and our friends have a great time. Though we don’t naturally like to be the center of attention, she made us feel comfortable and confident taking a wide variety of great photos. She and her assistant photographer Emma were truly photography ninjas during some of the big moments of the day. We are amazed by the close-up photos she got of the ceremony itself, the dances, and other key moments where we did not even notice them setting up for their shots. We’ve thus far seen our sneak peek, and it is already clear that they are the best photos we could have imagined. Throughout the day, Katie paid significant attention to natural light, and responded quickly to changes in the cloud cover, and the results of this are clear in her photos of us. As many of our families and friends have told us, they are without question the best photos we have ever had taken of us. Choose Katie as your wedding photographer. She is the absolute best and we are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with her. She will help make both the experience of your wedding day and the photos of it spectacular!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Katie O. Photos 8

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Laura, you made me cry!!

Thank you so, so much for your kind review. You and John were absolutely wonderful to work with, and I had such a blast with your wedding party. I am so looking forward to delivering your full wedding gallery very soon 😉❤️

Wishing you and John the very best!!

Casey Smith · Married on 11/11/2018

Warm and professional

We were both really nervous about hiring a photographer because we thought that posing for elopement pictures would be awkward.

Katie put us at ease and everything was very natural. She’s very warm and friendly and professional! My props/dress/hair/you-name-it had pretty much every disaster possible leading up to the shoot, and Katie was able to come up with workarounds or just completely put my worries to rest.

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Casey! You and Chase are one of the sweetest couples I have worked with. I loved being able to put your worries in the back of your mind so that you could fully enjoy your moment. Thank you so much for your kind words ❤️

Elyse Manning · Married on 10/20/2018

Unique and creative

Working with Katie was so much fun. She was super creative and so easy and fun to work with. She is responsive and reliable. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Thank you so much, Elyse!! I loved being part of your special day, and I so enjoyed Richard's sense of humor. Remembering to have fun on your wedding day is so important! I am so glad that I was able to capture precious memories for you two ❤️

Katana · Married on 09/08/2018

From day one Katie was so responsive and so friendly. I got such a good ‘vibe’ instantly. Ahe has such a great personality and was so fun to work with but was also almost invisible quietly capturing beautiful moments throughout the night. I’m so happy I got the opportunity to work with Katie and would happily recommend her to anyone else! ❤️

Sent on 09/10/2018

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Thank you so much! We've been chatting on and off since you day so you already know how much fun I had at your wedding. You, Kyle, your bridal party and family were all so great! I hope that you two enjoy your new married life ❤️
  • kate

kate · Married on 08/18/2018

Captures the special little moments

Katie is warm and energetic. She really made our day special. She captured so many special little moments we didn't know where happening and made them as special as the big moments!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Kate, thank you so much for your kind review! I love looking back on the photos from your day, and I feel so honored to have been able to capture those moments for you. I hope that you have been enjoying being married!

Kenneth Kornegay · Married on 07/29/2018

Very professional and pleasant to work with

Katie made a special day under some very tense moments during our wedding reception its was a very hot July day and we lost A/C at our venue, Katie was there to the end she took great pictures and never once complained about the heat or conditions i would recommend her to anyone a true professional!!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Ken, thank you! I was so glad to be able to be a part of your day. Even though the heat it was a blast!

Courtney · Married on 07/21/2018

What an experience !! My husband and I hired Katie to be our wedding & engagement photographer and we couldn't be happier with our choice. She captured the fun we were having and I can't stop looking through the pictures and reliving the amazing day. There are several things I especially appreciate about Katie: -She new exactly what poses and angles to capture to create the perfect picture. - She worked very professionally and was alway on time. -She made the experience really fun and easy !

The photos turned out absolutely great, Katie's bubbly personality really sets her apart from the rest. She is very easy to work with and asked great questions to ensure our big day went smoothly. Katie is one of the best in terms of value and quality for photographers in the CT area, and I would highly recommend her for your engagement and wedding photos.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Aw Courtney! Thank you so much for your kind words! You and Jerel are such genuinely lovely people. I've said this to you before, but I honestly feel so blessed to have been there for your big day. Thank you so much for your kind words ❤️

Tercelia Walz · Married on 06/09/2018

amazing experience

Katie is exactly the photographer we were looking for! My husband and I got married in June and Katie shot both our engagement photos and our wedding. Neither me or my husband love being photographed in general, but she naturally made us both SO comfortable with everything and from the time we met it felt like we made a great friend more than anything!

Tercelia!!!
    You are so, so sweet. I genuinely loved meeting and working with both you and Matt. I am so happy to have been a part of your life journey, and I value you two so very much.

Much love ❤️❤️❤️

Simon · Married on 04/28/2018

Katie was very easy to work with. She was completely focused on what we were looking to do with our wedding and in many instances even helped out at times, offering her unique insight, to make more lasting memories.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Simon, you and Sam were by far two of my favorite people to work with this year! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope you are both well and enjoying married life ❤️

Jenn · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I are incredibly happy with our experience with Katie O. Photos! Our wedding day was so special, and Katie beautifully captured the sweetest memories that we will forever cherish.
    It was very exciting when we first received a sampling of online photos (on our honeymoon, no less) and it was such a joy to share it with friends and family so soon after the wedding – we relived the dream all over again!
    And we can’t express enough how much we LOVE our wedding album!! It is superb quality and it exceeds our expectations. Our friends and family have also given TONS of love to our wedding photos and album. Some have said our photos look like they were made for wedding magazines (and we agree). And some drooled over the album saying they wished that their wedding albums were as gorgeous as ours. The album really is very precious to us (I treat it so gingerly like it’s a baby).
    Katie has an awesome personality and she is so fun to work with – she goes above and beyond. We really appreciate all that she did for us. We highly recommend Katie not only for her photography but also for her warm professionalism, sense of humor, creativity and dedication. She’s the BEST!!
    Thanks Katie!

Katie O. Photos 14
    Katie O. Photos 15
    Katie O. Photos 16

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Thank you so, so much, Jenn! I loved seeing you and Mark's genuine affection for each other exude from you both during your entire wedding. You are such a wonderful couple and I am so glad that we had the opportunity to work together!

Jenny · Married on 10/14/2017

Katie is a kind, professional photographer who has a natural eye for photography and beauty! But don't let that fool you, she knows the "ideal photos" everyone wants from a gathering (shower, wedding, party, engagement shoot). She'll take the perfectly posed photo that you think you "need" to satisfy your mother-in-law, but she'll also take beautiful candid photos of things you didn't think you would need, such as your 4 year old nephew tearing it up on the dance floor, or the way your husband stares at you from across the room just in complete awe of you his new wife. Katie is in love with love and just wants to help show all the beauty in the world! Katie also goes above and beyond to help her clients feel comfortable and happy!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Katie O. Photos 17
    Katie O. Photos 18
    Katie O. Photos 19

Katie O. Photos's reply:

I love you so much, Jenny!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for me. You know how much I absolutely love working with you and James ❤️

Bethany · Married on 10/06/2018

Katie was the first photographer we met in person, after much internet searching and emails to every conceivable photographer. After one meeting, we felt so comfortable with her and confident in her work that we knew we had to say yes! She is all around lovely, funny, and will put you right at ease, and capture who you are. She photographed our engagement photos in May, and we can't wait to see or photos after our October wedding!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Katie O. Photos 26
    Katie O. Photos 27
    Katie O. Photos 28

Katie O. Photos's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! I loved working with you on your engagement session and you know how much I'm looking forward to your and Dan's wedding. You two are the cutest and it's going to be stunning!