Katie Nesbitt Photography Reviews

25 Reviews for Katie Nesbitt Photography

Katie Nesbitt Photography 1
Katie Nesbitt Photography 2

Joseph · Married on 01/13/2018

Katie’s photos help create the perfect memory of the day. We found out about Katie from a previous client and she made us feel comfortable and at-ease from our first initial meeting. Katie is an expert. This is shown in her ability to analyze a location and determine the best positions and spots for excellent pictures. Our wedding day was freezing, so Katie’s ability to get us in the best spots quickly was very much appreciated! Along with this, she doesn’t waste time on silly poses that she knows won’t be flattering or show you in the best light. Katie’s customer service is top-notch in terms of timeliness and professionalism. We would recommend her to anyone!

Haley · Married on 08/12/2017

I learned about Katie after seeing the wedding photos of a family member. I loved her light, fresh style and her candid photos, and knew I didn't need to look any further for a photographer.

Katie was great to work with. She was very responsive, answering all of my questions and putting my mind at ease. She was willing to travel all the way to Maryland (6 hours!) for engagement photos and our wedding.

Katie and second shooter/husband John were wonderful to work with and captured our day beautifully. They were professional and fun, making us feel so comfortable and keeping us on time through the day. She got us our photos in about 3 weeks and I absolutely love them. I cried reliving our day through her beautiful work.

Thank you so much, Katie and John!

Katie Nesbitt Photography 3
    Katie Nesbitt Photography 4

Caroline · Married on 06/24/2017

Hiring Katie Nesbitt Photography was hands down the BEST decision my husband and I made when we were planning our wedding!! She captured every moment flawlessly and made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera! Katie and John travelled all the way to Philadelphia for our engagement photos and MEXICO for our wedding!! The two of them fit right in with our families and made our entire wedding experience unforgettable. Katie's laid-back style and confidence were the two main reasons we hired her and we are SO THANKFUL we did! Katie and John truly care about their clients and their work is INCREDIBLE! Our family and friends continue to comment on our photos and I literally look through them EVERY day because I am 100% obsessed!!!! Thanks to Katie Nesbitt Photography, we now have priceless moments to look back on forever!!!

Jessica · Married on 10/29/2016

Look no further for your wedding photographer! Katie is absolutely wonderful!!! After seeing such great reviews, we contacted Katie and was not disappointed. She was amazing from start to finish! We didn't live locally, so we set up a time to Skype in order to get to know each other! We were so impressed with how professional and helpful she was. She answered all of our questions, and got us super pumped about our pictures. We were first so thrilled with how our engagement pictures turned out... not to mention she was completely willing to travel in order to take them at the venue we had found. She and her husband make the cutest team, and they made us feel super comfortable with being in front of the camera. Our wedding day was the absolute icing on the cake! She went above and beyond to capture every special moment.. so creative and attentive to details that even our guests were commenting on it. Our pictures turned out AMAZING!!! Simply stunning! We are so very grateful to have found Katie, and will cherish our pictures for a lifetime to come. Would highly recommend to all!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Katie! We had several mishaps on our wedding day including terrible weather and me getting sick, but Katie rolled with all of the unexpected things to make sure that she and her husband John captured every one of our special moments. She even stayed later than planned after our original timeline got pushed back because of how sick I was. I loved working with Katie from the start - her relaxed, professional style throughout the process made me feel like I was in great hands and helped me to relax myself. I'd recommend Katie for any event - 5 stars all around!

Katie is wonderful! I loved her photography style, and she met with us via Skype to see if we were a good fit (since you spend so much time the day of with them, you want someone you'll get along with!) . She was so flexible too - I had to cancel the day of our engagement shoot due to food poisoning, and she offered alternative dates for us. The day of our wedding, she and her husband John were so easy to get along with, were super professional, and had great suggestions. She mails you a gorgeous magazine once you've booked her with previous work of hers, and ideas and a sample day-of timeline. That timeline for shooting photos kept me SO organized- I was able to just pass it on to my wedding party. We had more than enough time for all the first look photos due to her schedule, so I actually had about half an hour to relax before the ceremony! She made sure we got every single photo we wanted, AND one of my bridesmaids kept saying how Katie "really knows her stuff!" because she kept giving us instructions on pose/bouquets/hand placement that would make us look our best that my friend wished her wedding photographer had done. Katie even gave us an adorable sneak peek of some of our pictures at the wedding reception, and when she had our gallery within a few weeks, it was AMAZING seeing all the small moments I had forgotten about that they had beautifully captured. She is so thoughtful, friendly, and a wonderful photographer. After seeing our gallery, my father-in-law said I was "spot-on" picking the photographer, but Katie and John deserve all the credit!!! Thank you!!!!

Katie is amazing! She was our photographer just a couple weeks ago and we love all our pictures! I looked at a LOT of photographers before finding and booking her and she was, in my opinion, the most reasonably priced with the experience - I came across so many photographers who were clearly not worth what they were asking and I was starting to get frustrated before I found her! She's super professional, responsive, and her beautiful pictures speak for themselves! Hire her! :)

One thing I appreciated was that she wasn't super intrusive on the wedding day. I'm a quiet person so too many people in my face all day makes me tense, but Katie was the perfect amount of "there." She talked to me and directed as needed and the rest of the time did her job and was great! We will cherish the pictures she took forever!

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2015

I cannot rave enough about how awesome Katie was as our wedding photographer. She was incredible throughout our entire engagement, from the day we booked her to when we got home from our honeymoon.

From the very beginning, Katie was extremely flexible with us and willing to work with us on what we wanted and needed. We really wanted to do engagement pics of sunrise with cherry blossoms in the background, which requires you to be there at the crack of dawn - and Katie was there for us at 6am, despite living 3 hours away and dealing with a challenging parking situation. Katie just rolled with it. Even though it was overcast that day and not sunny like we wanted, the engagement pictures still turned out amazing and we were able to use them for our save the date magnets.

One of the things I really liked about having Katie as our wedding photographer is that she wasn't just our vendor, she was a person who I would want to hang out with and be friends with. She really took the time to get to know us personally and as a couple, and not just show up and take pictures and not talk to us again until the wedding got closer.

Another really great thing I liked about Katie is her personal touches and extra surprises she would send that weren't included in our wedding package. Throughout our engagement, she sent us 3 fun packages of pics and goodies. Katie didn't have to do this for her, but these fun surprises and personal touches really made her one of our most amazing wedding vendors.

The day of wedding photos came out AMAZING. Katie came to my house for getting ready pics and we did a first look session, formals, and then sunset pics. There are so many good pictures from that day that I'm having a hard time choosing which ones to frame! At the end of the day, you are left with the wedding pics, and I couldn't have imagined more perfect pictures and photographer than Katie.

Marci · Married on 08/27/2015

Katie is the BEST !!! Katie KNOWS what she is doing. She is so incredibly talented and professional. The photos are all insanely gorgeous and heartfelt and just perfect. My favorite thing is that she first arrives, walks around for about 20 minutes, and comes back and says, "K! I know where and when we are doing everything." ...even if she has never even been on site. She then collects your details, works her DAMN MAGIC, and runs the day like a pro. Like, literally runs the day. It amazes me what she does. I would recommend Katie to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Katie, thank you for everything!!!!!! <3

• User5200773 · 2+ years ago

Our photos are AMAZING! Katie and John did such an amazing jobs on both our engagement pictures and our wedding photographs. Both our engagement session and wedding were unseasonably hot but Katie managed to make us look like we weren't completely drenched in sweat. She was very responsive and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. We are so happy we went with them.

I would recommend Katie Nesbitt Photography to any future bride. You will not be disappointed with what you get! Additionally, photography can be SO expensive, but with Katie the value of what you receive for the cost is incomparable to other photographers. Katie shoots with her husband, John, which is awesome to have a second photographer at no extra cost, and she traveled for both our engagement and wedding!

Katie · Married on 11/22/2014

Katie came recommended to us from a friend who is a photographer and we couldn't have been happier. She is a pleasure to work with and the photos are stunning! While we live in DC and Katie's a few hours away, it was easy to communicate with her over email and we used Skype to set up a consultation call. She and her husband John drove up for our engagement shoot and it was great to meet them ahead of the wedding.

Katie was fantastic to work with for the wedding, making sure she took the family portraits we hoped to get, and taking some truly amazing photographs -- we got a sneak peak of them during the reception since we shot them before the ceremony, and Katie had them rotating on a small slideshow during the dancing for guests to see -- Amazing turn around!

I highly recommend Katie Nesbitt!

denise · Married on 09/13/2014

We loved working with Katie and her husband. We highly recommend this professional pair. Katie took pictures of the girls getting ready while her husband took photos of the guys. The pictures are stunning. Great photographer!!!

Lee · Married on 10/26/2013

Katie was recommended to me by a photographer who I liked but was booked on our wedding date. I love the hundreds of photos Katie took of my wedding. She and her husband shot 7 hours of our wedding and got photos of everything from the setting and decor, formals, food, dancing, etc. To be honest, I don't even remember Katie being at the wedding while it was going on, but whenever we needed her for a specific shot she was there. I also like that she gave us a final selection that culled the best shots, not many duplicates of the exact same shot or pictures with people's eyes closed. It was also very important that we own and download the high resolution images. She got the images to us in 3 weeks. Katie was very helpful in setting up a smaller number of favorite photos we could share with family and friends via a website link.

Since we were not local, we did Skype calls with Katie beforehand. We also didn't do an engagement photo session, but I wish we had so we could get used to being in front of the camera and what angles, smiles, etc we liked of ourselves.

Holly · Married on 08/03/2013

Perfect Pictures! We will cherish them for a lifetime!

I can't say enough great things about Katie Nesbitt Photography, other than the fact that her work speaks for itself.

Our wedding was especially challenging as it was quite cold and windy that day. Nevertheless, Katie embraced the elements, the extremely bright sunlight and delivered high quality photographs. After our wedding, so many people complemented us on our photos. Some even stating the photographs were of magazine quality.

Although she is based in Newport News, she travels for her clients! We live in central Virginia, but got married in Hampton Roads. Katie traveled to Richmond for our engagement session and then again for our ceremony in Virginia Beach. It made planning so much easier with such an accommodating photographer.

Katie is a joy to work with, so fun, funny and truly talented. Without question, Katie is my photographer for life! I would recommend Katie Nesbitt Photography to any future bride in Virginia. You will not be disappointed.

Event date: 2/9/13

Jade · Married on 09/15/2012

Katie is an awesome photographer. My wife and I were randomly searching on weddingbee.com for an affordable photographer and we really lucked out. We saw Katie's posting and then viewed her website. She didn't have a lot of photos displayed at the time but the ones she did have looked pretty good. I knew she was just starting out and so I was happy to help her build her portfolio. As it turns out, she's a REALLY good photographer. I'm a fairly ugly guy and she somehow made me look good. I was very impressed with both our engagement photos, wedding photos, and Katie's professionalism. I would highly recommend her for any formal or casual event.

shawna · Married on 08/04/2012

Katie is one of the most "down to earth" people we have ever met. Not only was she flexible in regards to meeting us for our consultation, but she had a lot of awesome ideas about our engagement location. She is very knowledgable about her location, because we are from a different state it really helped out. During our engagement shoot, she made us feel completely comfortable. We felt like we were talking to a long time friend, not someone that we saw first saw a few weeks ago. Without question, her sense of composition and lighting is what sets her apart from other photographers. Our friends and family are always astonished how our pictures turned out. In a market that is flooded with photographers, if you want a contemporary, hardworking and reliable photographer, Katie is where it is at!!!!

April · Married on 07/07/2012

We found Katie by chance. We were looking for a particular style and we luckily found her through another photographer's reference. At our initial meeting, Katie was super professional but definitely put my husband and I at ease. She was very organized and you could tell really knew her stuff. There is a real balance to the way she works between managing the shoot and being open for perfectly natural shot. Not only did she help us work through challenges like heat but she also gave us some simply gorgeous shots. And you would never have known we were married on the hottest day of the year. She has a real eye for capturing those tender moments and flirtatious smiles. Hopefully I will never be married again but if I do I would totally hire her again. Thanks Katie!

P.S. Katie also did some family portrait and shots of our 2 month old baby. You would never know she had never shot a baby, she adapted quickly and was so easy going. We have so many beautiful shots I don't know what to do. Now that is a good problem to have!

Katie was wonderful to work with! She was very accommodating to the fact that we had 3 different wedding ceremonies over 2 days! She called and emailed me several times to go over logistics and was very helpful in sharing advice on what types of pictures/portraits to take. My family is big and can be hectic, but Katie kept her cool and remained focused and professional both days! The pictures turned out great, and arrived sooner than expected in really cute packaging. I would absolutely recommend her to my family and friends!

Katie was absolutely amazing and a complete blessing. She is upstanding, talented and super professional. I feel so lucky to have had her on my day. Since day one she was so involved and interested in our wedding details. She provided us with a questionnaire, and met with me via telephone before the wedding to make sure everything was correct. She even recommended a day of timeline to make sure everything went according to plan, this was a great idea because it kept all the vendors on the same page throughout the day. My pictures were ready within a week and she sent a beautiful package with a thank you card and some chocolates, that alone was heartwarming. If you want to work with someone who not only is talented and takes beautiful pictures but also truly cares about your special day look no further. :)

christina · Married on 10/07/2011

Katie provided wedding photography services for me including an engagement shoot and our actual wedding day. She did an amazing job and we are extremely thrilled with our beautiful photos. Katie was creative and had wonderful ideas to help guide me along the way leading up to the wedding. She was very friendly and helpful. Anytime I would e-mail her about a question or idea, she would respond quickly. She also was the wedding photography for my friend's wedding as well and those photos turned out just gorgeous. I am so happy that I choose her! I look at my wedding photos nearly everyday reliving my wedding (lol....I promise I'm not obsessive, but that day went by so fast).

Mary · Married on 05/21/2011

Katie is the BEST. Her laid back and care free demeanor allow you to just be yourself! She made picture time (which I usually dread) fun and exciting. She captured all of the love in the air with her camera.

She kept in touch with me through an earthquake and a hurricane to let me know the status of our appointment.

She is AMAZING! Her rates are GREAT! And there is NO doubt in my mind that I will be using her again!

Tara · Married on 04/23/2011

Katie is a wonderful photographer. I needed something on a budget and she fit right in. Her creative vision and cute ideas can add to any engagement and wedding session. Her great attitude made the sessions easy and I loved all the help she gave me. Also, her packaging was very original and a creative touch to my pictures. Everyone should definitely look into using her services.

Steffie · Married on 04/30/2010

Katie did a fantastic job at my wedding! She took amazing shots for my engagement and bridal photos and I can't thank her enough. She gives you good quality photos, shes flexible with your own schedule, shes detailed, and she gives great service! She sent me my wedding photos in a box that was nicely decorated...IT WAS LIKE GETTING GIFT! IT WAS AWESOME! It had my favorite chocolates and these really really really nice coasters and had designed paper stuffing's inside..it also included a very sweet note from her personally about how she loved doing our photos for us. The wedding disc was in a case she made herself that matched all the rest of the things that came in the box...it had a pocket inside with the form that gives us permission to print the photos...which I thought was a great idea...just because you can loose things easily. I recommend using her! Who wouldn't want to use a person who seems to love doing her job! For example..taking the time do multiple sessions..decorating your photo packages.. etc. All I can say...is that I was truly grateful to have a photographer like her and I plan on using her for the future! :)

• User2719813 · 2+ years ago

Katie is VERY talented and was absolutely wonderful to work with. She experienced a great apartment flood the morning of the wedding which put her car underwater. For a photographer to wake up to that, and find a way to get ahold of a ride and a rental car to attend someone's wedding maybe an hour and a half away shows true dedication!
    Her prices were very reasonable and the quality of her photos was all I hoped for and more. Even as a bonafide "awkward in front of a camera" couple, we had photos taken which could have easily been found somewhere in a bridal magazine.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND KATIE. She will bend over backwards to make sure she knows/understands what you want and will capture the special moments of your wedding beautifully.
    PS- Listen to her when she recommends doing a first look! I didn't want to and fought the idea of doing it for months, but as it turned out she was right--and they were our favorite photos of the entire day!