Katie Mick Photography Reviews

14 | Sacramento, CA

14 Reviews for Katie Mick Photography

Kaila · Married on 08/08/2020

Katie Mick Photography for our Wedding

Katie was a great choice for our wedding photography! She was very professional and made us feel comfortable. Katie made sure to capture the important moments of our wedding. We loved how she stayed true to our timeline while still managing to make us not feel rushed. We can't wait to see our photos, because we know they will be nothing but perfection! Thanks for making our day extra special and allowing us to have some "funny" pictures captured. She did an excellent job and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/27/2021

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2020

Amazing Northern California Photographer!

If you are looking for an amazingly talented photographer in NorCal Katie is your girl!! 2020 sucked and I'm pretty sure I re-planned our wedding 4 times, Katie was there every step and SO helpful and willing to go with the flow of new venues/timelines and so on. She's beyond talented and our photos turned out beautiful and we share them with our family every chance we get! 2020 may not have been the year we planned but Katie helped us get photos that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 02/15/2021
  • Cassie

Cassie K. · Married on 10/27/2019

The best wedding photographer!

I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Katie. Working with Katie over the past year from engagement photos to wedding day planning has been so smooth, and I had no doubt going into our wedding that Katie was the best choice we could have made.

On the day of our wedding, Katie and her second shooter Olivia were on top of everything, organized, and kept me calm during some stressful weather and strange power outage situations.

At both shoots with Katie, she made us feel so comfortable (especially for two people who don't love to be center of attention!) and I had no doubt that she would capture all the important moments beautifully.

I also loved that Katie sent us a preview of our wedding photos a few days after so that we could get excited about the full gallery to come. It was a nice surprise while we were on our honeymoon.

If you're looking for the perfect wedding photographer for your events, seriously stop your search. Hire Katie! You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • MARY

Mary S. · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful!

Katie is amazing! We got an engagement shoot with our photo package and after working with her and seeing those photos I knew we made the right choice for a photographer! Her photos are absolutely stunning and she captures such perfect moments. She is easy going and great to work with- including her assistants. Our wedding was October 19th and we received a preview of our wedding photos just a few days later on the 22nd and I was obsessed with all of them! I can’t wait to see the rest. Book her!

Sent on 02/17/2021

Heather D. · Married on 10/04/2019

Engagement and Wedding

Katie and Olivia were AMAZING throughout the engagement and wedding process. Katie is an editing speed machine and truly captures genuine, candid moments to perfectly remember your special day. She has the biggest heart and makes each member of the party feel at ease. We could not recommend her more highly!!

Sent on 02/19/2021
  • Alyy

Alyson · Married on 09/15/2019

AMAZING in every way

Katie is an amazing photographer! Not only that, but she also takes the time to really get to know you and make you comfortable during shoots. She has a lot of experience and it shows when she meticulously directs you and makes sure you look perfect before snapping! During the engagement shoot, she helped me and fiancé relax and get all our giggles out. During the wedding she made sure to capture those special moments that i thought only my fiancé and i shared! I loved her and her second shooter's company! Book them! They are professional and make you feel like close friends. I highly recommend them both! They will not disappoint.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Angelique

Angelique · Married on 08/24/2019

Katie is the best!

I was having trouble finding a photographer whose aesthetic matched my vision (and price point). I wanted warm, natural photos with that sunset glow and after spending hours on the internet I stumbled on Katie's website and instantly new she was THE ONE! She was able to turn an otherwise pretty dried out California backdrop into a picture perfect fall meadow shoot. I knew she would do even better with my wedding. She and her assistant were monumental in making the whole day go smoothy -- at times we didn't even know she was there snapping away. I'm SO SO happy with my wedding photos and I kinda wish I had another event just so I could hire her again!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 08/16/2019

Dream photographer!

Katie is an absolutely amazing photographer! During my husband and I's engagement shoot the lighting wasn't great in the location we had originally picked, so she suggested moving to another spot. We trusted her vision and I'm glad we did because we loved the way our photos came out. On top of all that our wedding day photos came out great. We'll cherish them forever!

• Devyn

Devyn · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing photographer that captures your vibe

Hire Katie!!! I just got married in November of 2020 and Katie was my photographer and she also did our engagement photos. In both occasions, Katie was able to bring out the magic and warmth for us in our photos, making us feel so comfortable and joyful. She's a super talented photographer and just a joy to work with - responsive with a keen attention to detail and just an all around good person. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/28/2021

Melanie · Married on 04/28/2019

Wedding 2019

"Katie was a dream to work with! She was very attentive, easy to work with and our pictures came out amazing! Would highly recommend her for any event. Really does a great job of capturing your day and is very easy to work with. Thank you Katie

• Chelsea

Chelsea S. · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful Photos, Super Professional

Katie was wonderful for our engagement photos and wedding! For two people who never get pictures takes, she made us feel comfortable and gave us great direction. Katie was extremely professional going over the contract with us and discussing our plans. Katie arrived early for both shoot days, and her second shooter for our wedding was just as professional and friendly with us and our wedding party. She kept us on track and captured our special day beautifully."

Sent on 03/07/2021

Aubrey · Married on 01/26/2019

Wonderful Photographer!

Once I got engaged, the first thing I was so excited for was choosing a photographer! I’ve always loved photography and had a very specific type that I liked. I love a rustic, warm feeling and Katie expressed that in her photos. She is professional but yet easy to be friends with! She makes you feel comfortable. Katie is also very open to hearing you out and will do what she can to capture moments that you want, that is something that I appreciated. She is understanding when things don’t go the way planned and still manages to stick it out and make the best of the situation. Thank you Katie for capturing the moments that made mine and Steven’s wedding perfect

Daniel R. · Married on 05/01/2021

1.4
      3.0

Not Professional, Probably a good photographer

We booked Katie for our 4/4/2020 wedding of a friend's recommendation. She was not very responsive by email as she was traveling a lot at the time. We had to cancel our 4/4/2020 wedding and had paid our final vender dues including our photographer. It sucked for everyone. We originally postponed for 7/4/2020 (eventually re-postponed to 5/1/2021) and Katie was not availably on this date. She offered to have a newbie photographer friend of hers take her place on a discount although she would keep 50%, including the non-refundable deposit, of what we paid her (not a small amount) or she would keep 50% and we could find a new photographer. All in all, we paid thousands for bad correspondence and not a single photo was taken.

Sent on 04/20/2021

Katie Mick Photography's reply:

Hi Daniel & Sam, I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with my correspondence. I put my heart and soul into all of my client interactions & I do my best to provide the highest level of service to the brides and grooms I have the opportunity of working with. 2020 was a hard year for everyone in the wedding industry, especially back in April before anyone really knew what kind of impact the pandemic would have on our livelihoods. I did my best to offer different options for you guys once you decided to reschedule your date, but per my contract I was unable to refund you the non-refundable retainer. The contract is there to protect us both if any discrepancies arise, but I am truly sorry that it didn't turn out the way we both would have liked.

The photographer that I had offered to shoot the wedding in place of me is my go-to second shooter, assistant, and associate photographer. She's been working with me for over 2 years now and has shot countless weddings in my place when I wasn't available. I definitely do understand why you would have preferred to have me shoot your wedding instead of her, but this was my attempt to do anything and everything possible to accommodate you, so you wouldn't have to lose your deposit.

Again I am truly sorry that you were unhappy with our interactions, but I do wish you both the best & hope you have a lovely wedding this May!