Katie Jean Events Reviews

72 | Charleston, SC

72 Reviews for Katie Jean Events

• Jordan

Jordan Metts · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Experienced, flexible, and laid back planner with great relationships with local vendors!

As a bride during a global pandemic, I don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t have Katie on my team! From the very beginning, she was so down to earth and truly listened to what I wanted as a bride. She has great relationships with local vendors in the Tri-county area and was INCREDIBLY flexible; even when I moved out of state as we started planning my wedding. After it was all said and done, not only did we have to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19, but we also had to cancel/change vendors within 3 months of our new date. Katie handled all the contracts and calls to the vendors and made the transition much easier. Despite the obstacles we faced, Katie was the reason we were able to pull off a beautiful wedding amidst the chaos of 2020! I highly recommend her to any bride who is looking for an experienced planner!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Jessica Lisk · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Do not miss out on the best!!

Hiring Katie was absolutely the best decision we made during our wedding planning process, she took over the whole planning process 2 months out and I could not be more grateful for the work and attention to detail she put into our wedding day. Our wedding day ran absolutely perfectly, and it was all thanks to her and her amazing team, I can not imagine working with anyone else. She thought of things I didn't even know existed with wedding planning and was there every moment I needed her on the day of, I can not say enough great things about her!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Cristen

Cristen Jones · Getting married on 05/07/2021

Katie saved the day

I’m not sure there are the proper words to explain just how great Katie is. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to tell a bride a few months away from the wedding you’ve been planning together for over a year that she needs to consider postponing… probably almost as difficult as it was to hear it. Like many brides this year I was ready to go into full panic mode when coming to the realization that COVID19 was about to rock my world. Luckily I had Katie by my side to help along every step of the way. Katie had my wedding completely rescheduled with ALL vendors signed on in 24 hours… that’s right 24 HOURS! I was completely heart broken to not have my original May wedding but felt extremely grateful to be able to have the wedding of my dreams just a few months later in July.

As we continued to prepare in the following months it became more and more apparent that this would not be the original wedding we had planned for. Every day felt like a new gut punch. My guest count dropped from 160 to 100 to 60 to 40. Throughout it all Katie was my rock. Our wedding day ended up being perfect. The day went off without a hitch or at least in my eyes it did because Katie is a pro. I can’t recommend Katie enough. If she can get this bride through a global pandemic, she can get you through anything.

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Haley

Haley Sims · Married on 06/14/2020

Calm, Fun, Friendly, Professional-Everything I needed during a pandemic!

After our initial phone call with Katie, my fiance and I knew that we wanted Katie to be our wedding coordinator! While I selected most of my vendors and planned the decor details, Katie offered many valuable vendor suggestions and ideas that I wouldn't have thought of. Because my wedding fell during a pandemic in June 2020, this forced me to lean more on Katie and her advice, based on her wealth of knowledge and expertise in the wedding planning industry, to deal with last-minute wedding changes due to public health safety measures and inclement weather. I was also 3 hours away from Charleston, so having her there gave me complete peace of mind. As stressful as the planning got during the pandemic, Katie was always calm and would allow me to vent and give me sound advice, just like a friend would. I didn't stress at all on my wedding day, I trusted Katie with coordinating and setting up everything that day and was able to relax and really enjoy the day and take in all the emotions. My fiance and I both don't know what we would have done without Katie, she made our wedding day dreams come true! :) I would highly recommend using Katie as a wedding coordinator and/or planner. She is so easy to work with and very organized! Do yourself a favor and choose KatieJeanEvents!

Sent on 08/06/2020
  • Karen

Karen Tanenbaum · Married on 04/11/2020

Hire katie!

Katie is absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt THE person you want helping plan your wedding. Her fees can’t even begin to cover all of the work and heart she put into our 200+ person wedding in November, where her professionalism, patience, flexibility and sheer HUSTLE made our outdoor wedding a phenomenal success — despite the torrential downpour, whipping winds and uncharacteristically frigid temperature! (Literally, at one point she was out there with a shovel helping dig trenches…what more could you ask!?) She does a phenomenal job at everything leading up to the event — from managing various family members’ ‘opinions’ ;) to coordinating vendors to just generally being a sounding board through every step of the process. She also has great ties and contacts in the Charleston community, which will be invaluable whether you’re a lifetime resident or trying to manage from (as we were!) out of the country at various points. Katie, we can’t thank you enough, and we truly could not have done it without you. In sum, my now-husband puts it pretty succinctly: she turns a long-form marathon test into an easy multiple choice quiz. She’s your cheat sheet. Take it. :)

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Anne Steadman · Married on 03/14/2020

Best decision, 100% the reason our day was perfect!

We met Katie randomly when on a tour at another venue than the one we chose. We asked her a few things and she was so welcoming and hospitable AND she wasn't pushy when we inquired about her services. We knew once we chose our venue (the Island House) we had to have her. We booked her as our very first vendor and she was so great. We chose the day/month of coordinating and she was WELL worth it. We saved so much time, energy, money, AND SANITY with her. She knows the Island House more than anyone on the planet and it made me comfortable should anything go wrong, she would know exactly what to do. She made great vendor referrals and is very well respected so I felt I got the best from all vendors. She ensured my design and setup would flow the best for the guests and it was perfect! If you are having your wedding at The Island House, hire her... if you are having your wedding anywhere in the Charleston area... still hire her. She is pure gold! We cannot thank her enough. Friends and family commented on how well the wedding went with zero issues! Our wedding was the last wedding before the world shut down in March 2020 and we were able to have the perfect day, exactly as we had hoped all because behind the scenes we know she did everything to make it perfect. Cheers to Katie Jean Events.

Sent on 08/14/2020
  • Colleen

Colleen Hadley · Married on 02/29/2020

Katie is THE BEST!!!

Hiring Katie for our destination wedding in Charleston was easily one of the best decisions we made! I'm a wedding coordinator in Indianapolis so we just hired her for the month of but she was always available for any questions I had! To have someone that you fully trust on your wedding day makes all the difference! Our day was perfect and everything went so smooth all thanks to Katie! She was such a blessing and I am so glad we had her be our planner! Hire Katie and enjoy stress free planning!!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Casey Todd · Married on 02/12/2020

Katie is SO good at her job

Katie helped us so much and made everything go so smoothly. Her timeline was perfect. We could not have coordinated everything and all the vendors without her. She made sure every vendor was on the same page and facilitated contacting them so we didn't have to. Katie and her team help set up some of our tables and provided some decorations that we didn't have. She was so easy going to work with, but worked so hard in the background to make sure everything we wanted was going to happen. She knows her stuff, is awesome at her job, but makes you feel calm about the whole process. Highly recommend Katie and her team!

Sent on 02/12/2020

King Street Hospitality Group · Married on 01/01/2020

Always a pleasure

Not only is Katie as kind as can be, but she is also a professional + well-respected event coordinator!

We have had the wonderful opportunity to work with the Katie Jean team on multiple occasions at our two downtown venues, The Gadsden House + Upstairs at Midtown. Each event is thoughtfully planned + well executed!

Her level of attention to detail + organizational skills, coupled with her naturally calm demeanor, ensures the planning process is seamless!

It’s always a pleasure working with Katie + her team!

Sent on 05/03/2020

Jean Kiphart · Married on 10/20/2019

katie helped make our wedding day stressfree and perfect!

Katie was awesome to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was stressfree and perfect!! I would recommend her to any bride will full confidence in her and her work. She’s already working with one of my bridesmaids!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Suzanne Schmidt · Married on 10/11/2019

Katie is the best wedding planner!

Katie was simply the best. She was extremely responsive, attentive to details, 100% on top of everything, completely understood our vision & what was important to us, and she made sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. We were not local to Charleston & Katie was extremely helpful in being the person on the ground during the entire wedding process. She would respond to all of our random questions quickly and would offer the most helpful advise. I couldn't say enough great things about our experience with Katie as our wedding planner- she's the one to book to make sure your day is perfect!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Brenda

Brenda Smith Todd · Married on 09/07/2019

Totally Amazing!!

I would recommend Katie to anyone. Everything ended up being perfect and truly amazing!!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2019

The BEST wedding decision you will make!

Where do I even with Katie! She was the first and best wedding vendor I chose for my wedding! She worked with me for almost two years planning our perfect wedding day! She went above and beyond throughout the entire planning process meeting with me many times, attending vendor meetings, responding to numerous emails and phone calls, meeting with my parents, and so much more! She recommended almost all of our other wedding vendors, and we could not have been happier with them! She made sure we got the best vendors and quotes! My wedding day would not have been possible without her planning, advice, and support! She is personable, down to earth, and so easy to work with! We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day! Everything was absolutely perfect and ran so smoothly all thanks to Katie and her team! She made my mom and I feel at such ease on the wedding day! I would highly recommend her to any bride in Charleston! She is the absolute BEST!

Sent on 07/16/2019

jessica owen · Married on 05/31/2019

She is the best!

I cannot recommend Katie as a wedding planner enough. She made our wedding PERFECT and a DREAM even despite unpredicted rain!

From the moment I met her at The Island House, I felt super comfortable with her and she really got the time to know my (now) husband and I. Communication was fantastic and she answered all our questions from our meetings, to emails, phone and text. I cannot emphasize how amazing she is!

Katie made everything run so smoothly and was able to make our dream wedding come true by rearranging a few things with our cocktail hour time and we were able to have our ceremony outside. We COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT HER!

Our guests also raved about how awesome Katie was and have already asked me if she could do their weddings!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best Ever!

Katie was easily the best thing about our wedding. She tolerated my 1 billion emails with grace, answered all my dumb questions, put everything together so it looked AMAZING and the entire thing ran smoothly. Not only that, but she saved us more money than we were even paying her. We didn't have to worry about a thing because she and her incredible assistant Rebecca were there making sure everything was perfect and exactly how we envisioned it. I thought planning a wedding relatively long distance would be difficult, but she totally eased any concerns I had. She even coordinated having my dog in the wedding, feeding her, and bringing her back to my in-law's house on the other side of Charleston. All of the vendors she recommended were top notch and her timeline was detailed perfection. I left a box behind with the rest of my trash without realizing I needed it and she knew exactly which bag in which trash can it would be in the next day (seriously she is a magician!!). If you're considering, stop and hire her now! Basically I want to hang out with her all the time - she is the most amazing person ever.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Mazie

Mazie Underwood · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Coordinator!

Katie was absolutely amazing from the get go. She was prompt in responses, thorough and detail oriented. She assisted with every detail to make sure our day was just as we visioned. On the day of, we didn’t have any worries. She took care of it all and told us when/where to go for a smooth schedule. She went above and beyond and we couldn’t be happier with her. Any bride would be lucky to work with her!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/29/2019

Phenomenal Wedding Planner for Island House Wedding

One of the best decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding at the Island House was to hire Katie as our planner! I don't think there is room enough here for me to give justice to how much Katie did for us. From the first time we met her at our tour, it was like we were talking to a friend. She made us feel so comfortable all the time, especially when I texted her asking a million questions the week of our wedding! Both our families live out of town, so it was just my husband and I planning from Charleston. Katie was amazing in helping me narrow down my vision for our day, so much so that sometimes it felt like she knew what I was thinking before I said it myself! Her organization and communication skills are impeccable, and I knew without a doubt that our day would be in perfect hands with her.

The day of our wedding was the most stress-free, laid back, happiest day of our lives, and we owe a lot of that to Katie. She spent so much time making sure everything was perfect, from our luggage tag favors to the pictures wrapped around the tree. Her attention to detail really helped our wedding come to life and it was exactly how I pictured it.

I can't say enough good things about Katie and her team. I would have been so nervous about everything without her being there, and even our guests remarked upon how smooth everything flowed and how impressed they were with Katie. She is hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and I'm so grateful for her friendship!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Lococo · Married on 03/29/2019

Super organized and created the wedding of our dreams!

Where do I even begin with Katie - she was beyond amazing through the whole process and basically created the wedding of our dreams! She was quick in responding to emails, super organized with all the vendors, and her chill/relaxed demeanor made everything stress free. I'm not good with coordinating colors and designing. Katie took over and created the perfect color choices for our linens and decor. Through her and our day of coordinator, we were able to relax and let loose at our wedding. I would recommend her to everyone! She is AMAZING!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Roxie

Roxie Saunders · Married on 02/11/2019

couldn't be happier

Katie made the entire wedding process so easy. She took my vision and brought it to life. Anytime I had a question or an issue, she knew the answer or how to solve the problem. My husband and I couldn't be more happy with the way our wedding turned out. Katie did an outstanding job making sure all the little details were correct.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Marie Langlois · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Wonderful!

Katie and her team took the stress out of planning our wedding. We were able to enjoy the day, each other, our families, and concentrate on being in the moment. They are an absolute pleasure to work with, saved us money, thought of things we didn’t, and we are so thankful that a friend recommended them to us!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Toni · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing to work with!!

Katie was fabulous from beginning to end! She was full of great recommendations and ideas and super responsive to phone calls, emails and (my many!) questions. Once vendors had been chosen she coordinated with all of them, truly allowing us to have a fun, relaxed, worry free wedding day.

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Britney

Britney Tracy · Married on 10/26/2018

Hire Katie!

Hiring Katie as my "month of" planner was easily the best decision I made in the planning process. I am a corporate event planner so I was extra picky about who I would trust with my wedding. Katie is such a genuine, kind and organized person. She went above and beyond connecting me to vendors, joining us at meetings and even scoring us discounts! She was such a calming presence for me when I started to get a little stressed at the end. It rained on our wedding day and she coordinated the appropriate changes to the schedule so that I would not have to worry at all. Brides...hire Katie, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/15/2018

John Kiphart · Married on 10/20/2018

If 10 starts was a choice I would give her 10. She was extremely responsive and took care of everything without 1 mess up.

Couldn’t have been better. Not even alittle better. She was perfect as the event was perfect because of her. She is the best and some other planners wanted to charge us double what she charged us. Why? Why pay that when she is the best? Choose katie please!!! You won’t be sorry!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Katie and Cacky Dream Team

My husband and I were married this past October in Charleston. We both live in Atlanta, so I knew a destination wedding would be hard to plan without someone with feet on the street. I found Katie through online reviews and used her Month-of service. In looking back, those were the most valuable and worthwhile dollars that we spent on the wedding. Katie was attentive and helpful from the start and even though she was "month-of", we kept in constant communication throughout the entire ten month planning process. She would provide detailed responses to my novel emails that contained a zillion questions. She stopped by our venues a number of times to check on things and went above and beyond in ensuring that everything was running smoothly, constantly providing vendor recommendations and advice when asked. And then on our wedding day Katie and her co-planner, Cacky, knocked it out of the park. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, and I know I have the two of them to thank for that. If anything went wrong that day, I never heard about it. Our guests and my groom and I only look back on that perfectly executed day with laughs and full hearts.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Michael Annabelle · Married on 09/29/2018

Katie was amazing and paid close attention to all details. She always made herself available when we needed her. All her work was above and beyond expectations. If it were not for Katie our wedding would not have been nearly as seamless and special as it was. The most sincere thank you will never be adequate to describe our gratitude for her role in our most special day.

Sent on 10/09/2018