Kate Rogers, Harpist Reviews

22 | Fairfax, VA

22 Reviews for Kate Rogers, Harpist

Kate was great! Very responsive, professional and communicative when planning. Her music was beautiful and gave our wedding the elegant feeling that we wanted! I highly recommend using kate.

Sent on 12/19/2015

We booked Kate for our wedding ceremony through happenstance. The original vendor we booked had to back out and recommended Kate to us. Upon speaking with Kate and hearing some samples of her music the decision was easy. Kate is an extremely talented musician and very professional. On the day of our wedding she arrived early to the venue and was ready to play as soon as the guests began arriving. Our favorite part was having her play one of our favorite songs at the end of our ceremony, which was NOT on her playlist. I highly recommend Kate if you are in need of a harpist.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Alison · Married on 05/23/2014

Kate played beautifully for our ceremony! We requested all contemporary/pop songs, which she gladly accommodated. Kate was very responsive to my emails and had a lot of great suggestions for songs. Everyone said that having the harpist was such a nice touch for the wedding. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was walking down the aisle to a beautiful harp being played. I would totally recommend Kate to anyone looking for a harpist for their wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Kate played at our outdoor ceremony and during our cocktail hour, and we couldn’t be more pleased. In addition to being a great musician, she was clearly adept at reading the scene during the ceremony to keep on track as we encountered a few unknowns (we weren’t sure how long one ritual would take, the officiant accidentally flipped two sections of the ceremony, etc.) Kate didn’t miss a beat. She was quick to respond to emails and clearly communicated what we should expect from her. We worried about lots of details as we planned our wedding, but the music was NOT one of them! I’d highly recommend Kate.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Katie · Married on 09/08/2012

Kate played the harp during our wedding ceremony, and it was beautiful! We received so many compliments on our choice of ceremony music. Kate has an extensive repertoire of songs, and my husband and I had a fun time meeting with her to pick out our songs. Kate was easy to work with, and we met with her a few weeks before the wedding to pick out our songs and go over the wedding program. She had thoughtful suggestions for us based on music preferences, and we were delighted with the choices we made together. Kate is punctual, and her performance during our wedding was wonderful. We highly recommend her! Also, her performance of “The Bridal Chorus (Here Comes the Bride)” was amazing!!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Sharlyne · Married on 03/31/2012

Kate Rogers did a wonderful job at our wedding! She played the ceremony and the cocktail hour. She has a great personality. She was patient and worked with us to make our event special.

Sent on 04/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 12/03/2011

Kate was great! She was very professional and many wedding guests complimented me on the beautiful ceremony music. Kate handled everything and left me stress free.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2010

Kate was amazing!!! She added so much to our day. I would highly recommend her to anyone interested in having a harpist perform at their event!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Kim · Married on 08/28/2010

Kate is awesome! So easy-going and fun to work with! She spent extra time with us as we picked out our ceremony music - and didn't even flinch when I changed it all at the last minute! We originally booked Kate only for the ceremony but ended up dropping a few extra dollars to have her play at the reception because we liked her so much! Very talented harpist! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Lindsey · Married on 07/10/2010

Kate played at our ceremony and did such an amazing job! She is extremely talented and all of our guests commented on how great of a job she did! Kate is easy to work with, professional, and loves what she does! With this combination, I knew she would make our day beautiful, and she far exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/26/2010

Kate played the harp during our reception. There are bad harpists, okay harpists and good harpists. Kate is a GREAT harpist. Almost all of our guests commented on how beautifully she played. It was a perfect addition to our reception - not too loud, so everyone could still talk and visit, but not too quiet, such that there was awkward silence. Her music gave elegance to our event and the quality of her playing was outstanding. She is very professional and working with her was simple and straight forward - she's a professional and knows what she's doing. I booked her months in advance, so could cross that off of my "to do" list - I didn't have to think about it again.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Debbie · Married on 05/23/2010

Kate Rogers is wonderful and very talented. Kate is professional and easy to work with. The guests had a few request and she played beautiful music. Kate is awesome and delightful to work with. I highly recommend hiring Kate Rogers for any occassion you may have including weddings. Thanks Kate for making our dream wedding special.

Sent on 06/05/2010

Lisa · Married on 12/31/2009

Kate provided the music for my wedding ceremony on New Years Eve, and it was absolutely wonderful. Kate was very friendly and helpful when we met with her to choose the music prior to our wedding, suggesting music for certain points in the ceremony where we weren't sure what to do, and playing a number of selections for us so we could decide what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, many of our guests told us how impressed they were with Kate and said that her beautiful playing set just the right tone for our evening wedding. I highly recommend Kate for any bride's wedding in the DC area - I'm sure you will love her as much as we did!

Sent on 02/07/2010

Ellen · Married on 12/05/2009

Kate was absolutely wonderful! She let my husband and I listen to several samples so we could make our final choices for the wedding day. I also had a friend sing at my wedding and Kate was able to work with my friend so that I had two beautifully sung songs accompanied by the elegant harp. Kate is also very kind and caring. She replied to all my emails very quickly and never complained when I changed the music around several times! I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/15/2010

Stephanie · Married on 08/15/2009

Kate was absolutely wonderful to work with! She performed during our wedding ceremony and the music was very nice and carried throughout nicely. Kate was very flexible with the timeline and planning and I really appreciated that. I would recommend her to any event as the harp is a beautiful instrument!

Sent on 09/01/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2009

Kate was nothing less then spectaculiar, if the rating went to ten she would definately be rated as such. We first heard Kate playing at a wedding show held in Chantilly, Va. We were not looking for a harpist, but her playing, poise, and friendleness grabbed us right off and we knew that we wanted her for our wedding. Her talent and large inventory of song selection lend itself perfectly to our Scottish Themed Wedding. Right from the start with the two of us emailing each other about the arrangements, I felt like I was talking to a good friend, instead of a vendor. Kate played for our one hour cocktail reception, then through our dinner reception. Besides her musical talent, just the shear beauty of her with her harp made our reception "magical." Kate, our sincere thanks and best wishes!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Ray · Married on 02/14/2009

We highly recommend Kate and Harp 2 Go...her music was beautiful and really put the cherry on top of our ceremony. We originally met Kate at a wedding show and her music far exceeded other musicians we were then interviewing, then our Officiant provided Kate a ringing endorsement and that was enough for us and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. She was so flexible and a joy to work with. We received so many compliments about Kate's performance. Simply said, the ceremony music was extraordinary!

Sent on 03/10/2009

diane · Married on 07/05/2008

We also highly recommend Harp 2 Go. Kate was recommended to us by a friend and also by our church organist who had heard her play at a concert. My daughter lives out of the area and although she was unable to hear Kate in person, she was able to listen to her play on the computer. The Harp 2 Go web site is clear, very informative and easy to navigate. Kate is always prompt in responding to e-mails. When asked, she helped us choose the final selections and then made suggestions that made them appropriate for us. Her beautiful music was exactly what we hoped for and we received many compliments on finding Kate!

Sent on 07/07/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2007

From first contact to the day of the wedding, Kate Rogers was great to work with. She helped answer all my questions and concerns in a prompt manner. She even agreed to perform at our wedding which was the same day as her own wedding anniversary. We appreciate her taking the time to make our day special. All our guests agreed she performed beautifully during the ceremony. Kate's skill, professionalism and kindness are perfect attributes for anyone searching for a harpist for their wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2007

Carol · Married on 08/12/2006

When planning a wedding most vendors require that you meet them so you can both get a feel for each other. Kate had an optional meeting where she could play music that we were thinking about having at our wedding. This was a great idea, but we ran out of time (totally our fault, Kate was extremely flexible and willing to meet when it was best for us). Due to this, she was able to email us samples and we were able to do everything through emails. On the day of our wedding we heard Kate play in person for the first time and it was more beautiful then any email sample we had heard. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with.

Sent on 11/10/2006

Sujin · Married on 04/11/2015

Katie was great to work with! Her performance really made a difference during the ceremony! Received so many compliments! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Gloria · Married on 08/14/2009

Kate is a talented harpist who is also extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with. Her broad array of experience and knowledge of wedding appropriate music was exactly what I was looking for in both my ceremony and cocktail hour music. She is highly recommended! Thanks again Kate!

Sent on 09/03/2009