Kate Murtaugh Events & Design Reviews

16 | Boston, MA

16 Reviews for Kate Murtaugh Events & Design

Abby Cohan · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Planning and Design

I engaged Kate Murtaugh Events & Design at the 11th hour (three and a half months before our wedding) when I started to become overwhelmed by wedding planning and desperately needed design help. Kate quickly eased my anxiety; she was supportive of, and enthusiastic about, any planning/design ideas I voiced while also giving her honest input. Kate's design aesthetic and attention to detail provided us with a gorgeous wedding and her organization and professionalism helped streamline the planning process.

Lauren Q. was our day-of coordinator and was instrumental in our wedding day running smoothly. Lauren did everything, including helping to set up the venue to handing out tips and packing up our car at the end of night, so my husband and I could just "drive off into the sunset." Kate and her team are a vendor we could not have done without!

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Planner for your big day!

Kate was so amazing to work with and hiring her was one of the best decisions we could have made!! We instantly felt a connection and knew that we picked the right person to be there for our big day! Our wedding venue was a blank slate that required an immense amount of planning, designing, and thoughtful execution. Kate also helped us put together our "dream team" of vendors. She was involved with every step of the planning process and we felt so confident knowing that she was running the show on the wedding day. Because of her, we were able to enjoy every part of our wedding weekend. Our wedding day was literally magical and we couldn't have done it without her!!!

Jess · Married on 06/09/2018

At first we were debating about hiring a wedding planner, let's just say that we were blown away with Kate and so glad we hired her and her team members. She is undoubtedly one of the best vendors for our wedding. She is absolutely talented and has a sophisticated and creative eye. She spends time to get to know you as a couple and really incorporate those details into the wedding. She is always available and easy to get ahold of even being in a different time zone!!

Let's just say that if I didn't have Kate, our wedding would have been a disaster because our farm tables were never delivered for our wedding!! She never once made us stressed out and worried about anything. Kate stepped it up and hired another vendor after discussing it with my mom, I literally didn't know about this until the next day when my mom told me what happened. I texted Kate and was sincerely appreciative that she handled it all without making us stressed out....she really wants your day to go completely flawless and stress free and I couldn't be more grateful to have her as part of our wedding team.

I HIGHLY recommend Kate Murtaugh Events & Designs, you won't be let down!! Totally worth every single penny!! Thanks Kate!!!!

Jill · Married on 08/18/2017

I’m not sure it gets better than Kate and her team!

Kim · Married on 07/28/2017

Love love love everything Kate did to create the wedding of our dreams. She was organized, creative, insightful and became a great friend during the planning process.

Samantha · Married on 07/15/2017

Kate made our wedding day spectacular. She went above and beyond to make sure no detail was left out.

Lori · Married on 07/15/2017

Kate is absolutely amazing!!!!! She easily understood our vision and added her personal touches that made my daughter's wedding a fabulous event. Kate is extremely responsive and detail oriented....no stone was left unturned and we never had to worry about anything! Very highly recommended!

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2017

Our wedding was beyond gorgeous and had very detail. We can’t thank Kate enough for her eye for design and attention to thoughtful details. We loved working with KMED and will miss them now that we aren’t planning!

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2017

My daughter’s wedding couldn’t have been more gorgeous. Thank you to Kate for bringing such beauty and attention to detail to the wedding weekend. We would never have been able to do this without her. It was perfect!!!!!

Rachael · Married on 04/21/2017

I can’t stop thinking about how our wedding was pure perfection. Thanks to Kate and her team our wedding day was a true fairy tale. From designing our wedding tent to picking flowers and helping with stationary- it was beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you Kate and team!

Cait · Married on 10/22/2016

Kate is incredibly talented; her mind is always at work, coming up with unbelievably creative, interesting and unique ideas that she then brings to life with grace and pure magic. She truly wants your big day to be as special as can be, and will stop at nothing to make sure it is no less than perfect. Kate has an unparalleled ability to identify your personal style and authentic self, and transform your wedding venue to perfectly reflect who you are as a couple. She is organized, buttoned up, on top of every detail, and anticipates every situation before it happens; a huge benefit to anxious brides and grooms. Kate is truly a joy to work with, and I recommend Kate Murtaugh Events & Design with my whole heart! XO

Kaitlin · Married on 09/04/2016

We would recommend Kate Murtaugh Events & Design to absolutely anyone who plans on getting married in the future. We interviewed numerous planners before falling in love with Kate. Without all of her hard work, our wedding would not have been the same. Kate went above and beyond to ensure that all we had to do on our wedding day was get married.

Leading up to your wedding day you are filled with a mix of emotions, Kate’s number one priority is making sure you feel like yourself on your day that way you can enjoy this brief moment in time. She is compassionate, hardworking, extremely patient, and willing to bend over backwards to make sure things get done. Kate provided significant guidance and support in choosing vendors, designing our venue layout, as well as day of planning and execution. She gave crucial input into matters both big and small and made sure that we were happy with our decisions. Kate is the best in the business and was instrumental in making our day so special. The absolute best thing you could do for your wedding is hire Kate Murtaugh Events & Design whether it be for day-of coordination or for the whole kit and caboodle!

Kate was instrumental in so many ways in making our wedding a stress-free day! From translating my ideas into a vision, providing organization and structure to the overwhelming planning process and in ensuring flawless execution with high attention to detail, it just never could've happened as smoothly without Kate. Kate is incredibly resourceful and helped find and vet many vendors for us - her judgement and expertise made me confident that we were getting a high quality vendor for a very good price. She was proactive in her communication with us, so I never worried if we were on schedule. Kate was also so key in helping us stay within our budget, and she navigated sensitive price conversations with the utmost professionalism. Kate has impeccable taste and I relied on her opinion on everything from food selection, decor, logistics, and wedding etiquette. While we wanted Kate's recommendations on almost everything, she would be very easy to work with if you already had vision and just needed her help to coordinate or execute.

I know all reviews on these sites are positive because every bride wants to remember her wedding as "perfect" - but the truth is, our wedding never would've been what it was, without Kate. My recommendation to any New England bride, if you want to make the wedding planning process enjoyable, collaborative, fun and well organized - set the date, then call Kate. Other than saying "yes" to my husband, calling Kate was the best decision we made.

Planning a wedding without a wedding planner is like building a house without an architect. And Kate was everything we needed and more!

Kate met with my daughter (the bride) and all of us to discuss the vision my daughter had for her wedding. Kate was very attentive and professional. After our initial meeting, she quickly followed up with a color-coded time line and lots of great suggestions that were within our budget. She did a lot of research, called many vendors she felt offered the best value, and reported back to us. Each time we met, she helped us hone in the key elements, solidify contracts, and make sure we were right on schedule.

As the wedding day approached, we realized all the fabulous personalized details could not have been coordinated without the expertise Kate brought to us. Not only is Kate extremely sharp, her personality makes working with her a true enjoyment.

During and after the wedding, we received endless compliments from family and friends, and we have Kate to thank. She helped us with the endless details that made our guests, who have all attended many events, feel like our daughter's wedding was extraordinary.

My compliments to Kate for running a first class event and unforgettable wedding.

Julie · Married on 11/07/2015

Please book Kate and her team! She has such an eye for detail and we still receive compliments on the look and feel of everything she did for our wedding!

Kate was absolutely amazing to work with and really brought such incredible detail and style to our wedding. We couldn't have done it without her!