Kate Ann Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Alyssa B. Getting married on 07/08/2022

Dream Wedding Photographer!

Kate has been my dream wedding photographer forever! I knew when I started creating my budget that she was my number one priority. I could not be more thankful to have her on my wedding team, especially as my wedding had to be rescheduled because of covid-19, and she was so kind and flexible with helping find a new date. She’s been nothing but positive and supportive and I can’t recommend her enough!
    Karin A. Getting married on 06/09/2022

You can't go wrong with Kate!

Our experience with Kate went perfectly and we couldn't recommend her enough. We had a somewhat unusual ceremony involving a short hike into a secluded area, which Kate was totally on board with from the beginning.

I think one of the best aspects of working with Kate was her versatility and wisdom. While she encourages you to make the ceremony fully your own, she can also dispense very helpful recommendations for the shoot that you may have overlooked.

The wedding day can be so full of logistical concerns, and you don't want yet one more thing to worry about – especially the important photos you're keeping for posterity. Kate's got you covered.

She puts you at ease, which I think is a crucial ingredient to good wedding pictures – and this in turn helps make your special day all the more enjoyable!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Getting married on 05/14/2022

The best decision you can make for your wedding!

Our number one priority when planning our wedding was to have good photographs taken. When we were introduced to Kate's work by several close friends, we knew we had to check her out, and by the time we had finished looking through her portfolio we knew she was The One for us. Working with her was a breeze, and I highly recommend adding on an engagement shoot with her as well- it is a great way to develop a rapport with Kate and get comfortable being behind the camera!

Sadly our April 2020 wedding had to be postponed until May 2022 due to COVID-19, so in the meantime we held a very small elopement ceremony in June. Kate handled all of the ups and downs of our pandemic wedding experience with grace, humor, and empathy. We are so glad we chose her to document both our elopement and rescheduled wedding.
    Courtney B. Getting married on 11/10/2021

Simply the best!

Kate was absolutely fantastic to work with and I HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding. She was super flexible given some of our changes with COVID and made me feel at ease throughout the entire planning process. She scoped out the absolutely BEST locations and lighting for pictures and they turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I have gotten so many compliments on how amazing and beautiful our pictures look and that is a testament to Kate's creative eye and unbelievable editing skills. You will NOT regret going with Kate as your photographer!
    Erin F. Married on 11/28/2020

Amazing!

Kate was the most AMAZING Wedding Photographer! We had researched and researched and as soon as we saw her work, we knew she was the one! The way she tells a story through her pictures is what drew us in...not to mention the incredible lighting, backdrops and JOY we could see on the faces of her wedding clients. Ray and I just want to express our sincere gratitude to you for making our day so incredibly joyous. Your positive energy made it so FUN & also
    helped us feel comfortable & relaxed! We truly had the best experience and wish we could relive the day over again! And the BEST part? We will get to relive our most Favorite Day again, once we get our story through your beautiful pictures! Thank you! Thank you! You are SO talented!
    Morgan K. Married on 11/13/2020

A dream come true

Kate was the very first vendor we chose – 18 months before our wedding date! We met Kate in college and had been following her work since then. During her senior photography showcase in 2014, my now husband looked to me and said, “when we get married, I want Kate to photograph our wedding.”

Having Kate with us on our wedding day was truly a dream come true. Her talent is beyond words, and her ability to capture raw emotions and the feelings of the day is unparalleled. Kate has a very professional presence and an extremely calming nature – a MUST for any COVID couple, which we were. Our wedding was postponed during the beginning of the pandemic, and Kate was the first vendor to reach out to us and guarantee she would do anything she could to make sure we had a perfect day – and she did. Kate sent us a “thinking of you” gift just out of kindness as we worked to postpone our wedding and move all of our vendors. She made suggestions, helped us build a timeline, suggested new vendors when some were not able to make the shift, found a new beautiful place for our bridal party photos – which she generously took care of for us with licensing requirements – and then delivered the most amazing photos I have ever seen.

It was a very emotional day, and after so much waiting, Kate captured it perfectly. After the wedding, Kate even sent a gift box with our names engraved and a SanDisk of our photos – if I could give her a million stars I would. We are so grateful for Kate and would recommend her wholeheartedly for anyone and any occasion.
  • My Dung
    My Dung Married on 09/06/2020

Kate Ann is THE MOST AMAZING photographer to work with and overall, a wonderful human being

Kate photographed a wedding in Baltimore in which my husband was a groomsman. The photographs came out stunning, despite the fact that it was heavily raining through the day on their wedding day. We were so blown away that we reached out to her as soon as we became engaged. I researched a bunch of Baltimore area photographers and her style really matched what we were looking for. She was extremely flexible in scheduling and working with us to bring our "re-create our first date" engagement session to life. She gave us wonderful guide to prepare for the engagement session. I have never done a photo shoot before and Kate immediately made us feel comfortable with prompts/fun games when needed! Every single photo from that shoot was exactly what we wanted! Soft, romantic with THE PERFECT light. Fast forward a year and COVID happened... so we had to postpone our wedding celebration. We decided to go forward with an elopement and Kate was very helpful in finding a location to fit our vision of a sunset picnic in the fields. It was private and SO SO magical! Her fiance actually officiated our wedding and he was so wonderful to work with. It was the perfect evening and OMG the sunset photos were just like a fairytale.
    We loved Kate's personality and style so much that we hired her again for our wedding celebration (1 year anniversary from the elopement). It was drizzling rain on/off throughout the morning and she was ready with clear umbrellas for the cutest photos! Kate kept us on time and got all of the little details/moments that we hoped for on the big day. She's the best hype woman for our wedding party, takes notes of our little stories/inside jokes to keep the day personal. Kate has the best personality and truly delivers an exceptional product!!! She was hands-down the best vendor choice we made for our wedding.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa N. Married on 08/31/2020

Best decision ever !

Before I was ever even engaged (like, years before) I knew I needed Kate as my wedding photographer. As a wedding photographer myself, this was obviously a super important choice and I knew Kate was the right one! She has been communicative, clear, always kind and compassionate. The first time we had to reschedule our April wedding due to COVID, she makes the process of picking a new date so simple, and then we had to reschedule a second time and she didn’t miss a beat in assuring us we could find a new day and being as flexible and kind as possible. We ended up choosing to reschedule our big day and also have an elopement/micro-wedding this summer, and I knew I needed Kate to be there with us too. She was so accommodating and generous with her time and energy. For my wedding photos I knew I wanted someone who I could FULLY trust in every way so that I wouldn’t be tempted at all to think “well if this were me..” or “did she think about this?” I wanted to fully feel like a bride. Kate gave me that 100%!! I never once felt the urge to go into photographer mode when she was around. On our elopement day, it rained ALL day. This made things extra complicated for Kate in pretty much every way, and she didn’t just make it work but made all the difficult lighting situations even better than they would have been without the rain. She also spent an hour out in the pouring rain with us for our portraits and was so creative and made absolute MAGIC out of a dreary day. Our rainy wedding photos are not a downgrade at all, they are more than we ever could have dreamed of. Kate is professional, kind, creative, and SO thorough in her work. She is a true artist and an amazing woman to have on your wedding team. Hire her nowwww! We cannot wait to have her photograph our big wedding in May, and I’m already trying to figure out how on earth I’ll find enough space to hang all our photos and how many friends I’ll lose from sharing them too much.
  • Meredith
    Meredith K. Married on 08/15/2020

Capture the Magic

Our original wedding date was right as the pandemic began. Part of the reason we postponed the event and didn't cancel was because we wanted Kate to capture our special day! We loved our engagement photos so much we knew we needed her magic the day of our wedding. The way she connects relationally with you, and makes you feel at ease and like a natural model was so fun and wonderful! She makes your story, your emotions, and the hidden magic come to life. You see what you missed during the craziness of the day, and feel all the emotions all over again. Thank you Kate!
  • Kiersten
    Kiersten M. Married on 08/09/2020

Seriously a dream come true!!!

I don't even know where to begin-BOOK KATE!!! My now husband and I began following Kate on instagram about 2 years before we even got engaged and knew from her photos that we HAD to have her capture our day! Because of Kate's photojournalist style, we are able to look at a picture she captured and it brings us right back to the exact emotion we were feeling when she took the picture (everything she got was so authentic and candid and truly grabbed the love and party that our day was)!
    Kate is attentive to emails, quick to respond, and invests her heart into her couples! She was fully prepared to photograph our wedding. Kate was in contact with our other vendors, helped us with our timeline, made sure she knew our venue and where/when the sun was setting so we didn't miss a minute of prime lighting! Kate worked with all of our family members to pose for family formals and had a blast helping the wedding parties have the best time taking our pictures! She instructed us to move in ways that were fun and flattering making for the best pictures! From the time Kate arrived, it felt like she was a friend to all of us for years by making everyone laugh and feel comfortable all day!
    Kate brought her second shooter and assistant who were amazing and shared the same ascetics and priorities!
    Not only did kate exceed our expectations with our wedding, she treated our engagement photos with the same excitement by helping us choose our location and even helping us select outfits that would photograph well together. She is so supportive of her couples throughout the entire engagement and newlywed life. We added to have a physical wedding album as part of our package and it turned out so beautiful, timeless, and well made!!
    I cant emphasize enough how lucky we feel that Kate captured our wedding day and are SO thankful for the life long memories she gave us!!
    Hayley Married on 08/01/2020

Absolutely Brilliant

We used Kate Ann Photography for our wedding in August 2020 and literally could not be more pleased with our decision! Kate is super kind, professional, and above all, extremely talented. Her dedication to her craft is obvious. It becomes clear from the moment you meet Kate: her number one priority is capturing the photos and moments that her clients will resonate with. She makes a concentrated effort to get to know the people that she is photographing and what makes them “tick” – it is this extra thoughtfulness that allows her to totally personalize the experience and deliver the best ever end result – beautiful images. She sent us extra special support packages when our wedding was threatened by COVID19 and was always readily available for FaceTime, email, or phone call. We did not wish to do a “first look” and Kate worked with us to figure out the perfect timeline that would allow for enjoying cocktail hour while still getting amazing photos. The final product wedding photos are STUNNING and have the feel of art that you would see in a candid gallery. After the wedding and delivery of the digital images, she also sent us a beautiful wooden keepsake box that included some glossy photo prints, and the USB drives with all of the photos (over 1,000!). Kate truly cares about her clients and the quality of her images. She is fun and easy to work with. You will be so grateful (and impressed!) if you choose Kate Ann Photography!
  • Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing experience!

We hired Kate to photograph our wedding this upcoming July and I and beyond excited!! After shooting our engagement pictures, it’s evident how hardworking and efficient Kate is, all while keeping things fun and allowing us to feel comfortable. Best choice ever!
    Jenna Married on 07/09/2020

The best choice we made for our wedding.

If I could give more than 5 stars for Kate Ann Photography, I absolutely would. From the first contact, Kate was warm, welcoming, and extremely professional. She knew exactly how to loosen us up in front of the camera during our engagement shoot and delivered gorgeous photos. Then, when the pandemic led my now-husband and I to scrap our initial wedding plans for a family-only event in my parents’ backyard – two months earlier than our original date – Kate was so understanding and flexible in helping us find a new date. She was also willing to split the day into two chunks and wake up at the crack of dawn (or really, before that) to take us on an adventure first look shoot that was absolutely magnificent. She even had a playlist of songs that reminded my husband and I of each other, based on a questionnaire for all her couples. At the wedding, she accommodated our various family picture requests and made everyone feel comfortable. Additionally, Kate’s partner, Tony, is an ordained officiant and he officiated our wedding. Tony was so personable and created a perfectly short and sweet ceremony for us. My husband and I cannot wait to see Kate’s beautiful work from our wedding. I would recommend her to anyone in the greater DC area, she is amazing, and we wish her a long and successful career.
    Anna H. Married on 05/01/2020

Thank You Kate!

Kate made us feel comfortable from our first consult together and exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. She was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in our change in plans during Covid and really took the time to help us find something that fit how we pictured our special day. Her gifts sent to our home leading up to the wedding were so thoughtful and helped to get us excited, despite the uncertainty of covid. She and Tony made us feel like models in front of the camera and ease our nerves. Our pictures were stunning and we are so happy with our decision to book Kate Ann for our wedding! We will cherish them forever. Thank you Kate!
    K G Married on 04/11/2020

Amazing!!!

Simply put, Kate is the BEST and is absolutely wonderful to work with!! After we canceled our April wedding due to COVID, Kate was positive, flexible, and helpful as we changed our plans for what felt like a dozen times. She is so thoughtful and really went above and beyond. Kate ultimately photographed our microwedding in June, and our gallery is amazing!! She has an incredible eye for lighting and backdrops, and for capturing special candid moments. We had so much fun working with Kate and would highly recommend her to every couple looking for a wedding photographer!!
  • Marguerite
    Marguerite Married on 11/16/2019

Kate is the best!

Where do I start even with Kate?!

Searching for a wedding photographer was extremely important to my husband and me. After leaving several meetings with other photographers, I always felt “pretty good,” and that was just not enough for my husband: “These photos will last a lifetime…you have to feel better than ‘pretty good.’” After meeting with Kate, I realized how important it is to not only love and respect the work of your wedding photographer, but to really vibe with them! It just clicked for us right then and there!

After flipping through her galleries and blogs, I remember thinking there is no way our photos can turn out this good…we are awkward. But my, oh, my – Kate worked her magic!! Kate is so warm, professional, kind, and inviting. My then-fiancé and I were transformed from two relatively camera-shy individuals to a couple just genuinely enjoying loving on each other while a friend takes a snap. Kate took our engagement photos on a cold, rainy day in Baltimore, and my husband and I miraculously look like two lovebirds running around in the rain. Our wedding day was freezing cold -- Kate brought ample hand warmers and warm thoughts, and everyone looked amazing!

Kate has a way of capturing the smallest moments and the biggest emotions. There are not enough good things we can say about her. She is THE BEST!
  • Karleigh
    Karleigh M. Married on 10/25/2019

Best wedding decision made

Behind our venue, Kate was the very next vendor we booked. From the moment I saw Kates work I knew she perfectly aligned with my wedding day vision. Kate shot our engagement shoot and made us feel so comfortable that we had a great time doing so. We were ecstatic with our engagement photos which made us even more excited for our wedding photos then before. Kate is a gifted photographer. She is extremely talented, knowledgeable and skillful in all aspects of her job. Once confirming her for our day she sent an in depth wedding photo packet that was helpful to review for small questions that arose. The day of photo questionnaire she compiled was very thorough to put our minds at ease for the day of. She was always prompt in her arrivals. Her photography skills from finding the "perfect" light, creating a beautiful couple/landscape composition and her photo filters and edits have all exceeded our expectations. Kate, Thank you for capturing our day so we can share our story for years to come.
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible!!

Where do I even start?! Kate is amazing!!! We had such a wonderful experience with Kate as our wedding photographer. She made us feel instantly comfortable in front of the camera. Her and her team were so kind, patient and FUN! She made us feel truly special, it's evident how serious she takes her work. Our wedding photos are better than we could have ever imagined... literally each one is perfect!! We can never thank you enough, Kate! Anyone would be lucky to have her capture their special day!!
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 10/12/2019

Undoubtedly the best decision we made for our wedding!

I can't say enough about how wonderful Kate is! She was such a comfort during our wedding day, and throughout the months leading up to it. She is organized, encouraging, poised, and incredibly genuine! Her talent is unmatched. We are so in love with the sneak peak pictures and can't wait to see the rest. Book Kate to be your photographer - you won't regret it!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Experience

Kate Ann was such a pleasure to work with and her photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined! We first met at our engagement photoshoot. This was our first professional photography experience, so we didn’t quite know what to expect. We surely thought it would be super awkward! However, when upon meeting Kate Ann, this was not the case. She was super chill, easy going, and accommodating. This made the hour of pictures fly by! During the wedding Kate Ann, her second photographer, and assistant killed it. They had such a long day, but never stopped smiling and looking for the best shots possible. They were fun, yet professional and helped ensure our night was nothing but the best. After months of wedding planning and scouring dozens of photographers, we couldn’t have been happier with Kate Ann and all of her photos! She accurately captured the best night of our lives and made it look easy! How ever many stars Kate Ann can get, she deserves!
  • Tayler
    Tayler T. Married on 06/12/2019

The. Best. Ever!

My husband and I wanted a super small, low-key wedding so wedding pictures were a top priority for us. It’s one of the few things we could take away after the big day is over, so it was important to find someone perfect. It’s more than just taking pictures – you’re inviting someone to share one of the biggest days in your life and capture it just as you’ve imagined and to keep forever. Kate has such a unique vision and I loved her journalist style the second I found her website. Our pictures turned out better than we could have imagined!! It’s totally different experience having your wedding pictures taken but with Kate as your hype queen and natural direction it feels like she is just documenting the two of you. We hope there’s another opportunity to work with her in the future!!
    Lauren B. Married on 06/07/2019

Thrilled with Kate!

We found Kate while looking for vendors for our June 2019 wedding. Her photos on instagram were amazing, and we wanted to work with someone who could capture and create those kinds of images for us!

Kate was wonderful from start to finish, she was open to our requests, provided us with options and really made the whole process seamless. Our first interaction after booking was our engagement photo session. I couldn't wait to get those images back, and when I did, I promise you I was screaming with joy! They are amazing, and something we will have forever. When it came to the wedding, no detail was missed. Kate came with a second shooter and an assistant to make sure every moment was captured. Again, I couldn't wait to see the photos! As expected, she did not disappoint. While she is clearly incredibly talented, she is also extremely thoughtful. When we received our wedding gallery in the mail, it came packaged in a perfect little wooden box, complete with a few prints of some of our favorite photos and two sweet air plants. She could have easily just shipped us our flash drive, but she really personalized the whole experience.

If you have the opportunity to book with Kate, I am telling you to do it. Don’t hesitate because if you miss out, you will be super disappointed.
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing!

I have known Kate for a few years now, and have had the pleasure of working song side her at her 2017 weddings. It went without saying that I wanted Kate to photograph our wedding in May 2019. I already knew she was amazing in everything she does, and she was the only one I trusted whole heartedly to photograph such a special day.
    Kate, you went above and beyond and we are so blessed to have your beautiful images for life. Thank you for everything!
    If you’re thinking of booking Kate, just do yourself a favor and DO IT! You won’t regret having this sweet soul document your big day! Love you sweetness ❤️
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey F. Married on 05/11/2019

Incredible eye for amazing shots, such a wonderful experience!

Kate photographed our wedding this past May, 2019, and honestly there aren’t even enough words to describe how incredible of an experience, and how insanely talented she is! She and her team were wonderful to work with, we had so much fun with them, and Kate made it such an easy and comfortable experience (when usually we’re pretty goofy and awkward). We had a blast, and the final product was better than we ever could have imagined. I honestly don’t think there’s anyone better than her! We’re so grateful! Thank you Kate!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 12/07/2018

Pick her! Pick her!

What a wonderful experience we had working with Kate! She is SO talented. Our engagement session and sneak peak photos we got back from the wedding day are nothing short of stunning. Not only is her photography wonderful, but her presence is everything we could have wanted. We were a bit nervous to be in front of the camera, like you do at weddings, and she made us feel so comfortable and even fun. The thing that stuck out the most to me was when we decided to book with her, we were having trouble deciding between having Kate solo for 7 hours or 8 with an additional shooter. Due to our budget I let her know that we were going to go with the former, and her response was "that is perfect, I feel very comfortable shooting the entire day on my own and I will have a non-shooting assistant with me to help!" How much more genuine and pleasant could you be though... Seriously, pick her. Did I mention her shots and edits are stunning?