Karen's Florist of Gulfport Reviews

4.7

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Kimberly
    Kimberly N. Married on 11/07/2020

An artist, a wonderful vendor

So I hired Karen way too late in the game, but she was so helpful and really made it fun for me regardless. I had not expected to get a florist until a family member insisted, so was unsure of what I wanted exactly except a color scheme and vibe, and told Karen to just be creative and work her magic. She blew me away! So many people have complimented my bouquet in my pics, and the eucalyptus was so calming. She even brought it to my room herself, and told me how to preserve it (and I have! :) )
    Heather Married on 04/29/2017
    Karen’s Florist of Gulfport was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. We were doing very simple flowers and having a friend put them into bouquets for us for a hand picked look. We had talked with Karen about a year out and asked her if getting the type of flowers we wanted would be possible during that time of year. She assured us that she would do everything in her power to make sure we had exactly what we wanted. She even let us know ahead of time when some of the flowers came in that would be similar to ours, so we could come in and take a look at them.

The day before the wedding, we had our friend pick up the flowers and Karen made sure she knew everything she needed to keep them alive and healthy for the wedding day.

On the day of the wedding, they looked amazing. We couldn’t have been happier with how fresh and beautiful they were. Next time we need flowers for any event or just because, we will be going to Karen’s Florist.
  • User2011767 2+ years ago
    Not much more to say about Karen and her associates beyond WOW! The flowers were beautifully arranged, and her experience in the planning process was a pleasure to work with. She was prompt, happy to meet with us and our planners, and got to know us a bit better to ensure that our personalities and desires were captured in the arrangements. The flowers at the ceremony were beautiful, just as were the bouquets, boutonnieres, and most especially the table settings. The costs were not prohibitive and the quality was wonderful. We were pleased to work with her and wholeheartedly recommend her services. Great florist!
    Alana Married on 04/11/2013
    Karen is the most wonderful person and I could not be any happier with my wedding flowers. Not knowing anything about flowers but, having a million pictures of different bouquets I liked, Karen put together the most magnificent bouquets that were beyond what I could have imagined. Thank you Karen for everything!
    Eriabis Married on 09/22/2012
    My Wife and I were discouraged after meeting so many florist around the pinellas county area. Either their prices were too high, they did not seem to know what they were talking about, or they were so outdated that we were immediately appalled. The second we stepped foot into Karen's front door we were greeted and welcomed with open arms. She listened intently, and focused her expertise on what we wanted and only that. Karen made multiple suggestions that enhanced our flowers and went out of her way to accomplish getting the right tools she didnt have to make our bouquets. From the first hello to the last good luck she took care of us and the prices were very competitive! Thank you Karen :)
    Sharon Married on 06/08/2012
    Karen was great about giving us advice when we didn't know exactly what we wanted/needed to make everything perfect.
    Denise Married on 03/26/2011
    Karen is a very talented artist. She is a wealth of information. Karen is an invaulable resource. She saw my vision and made it a reality.
    Melodie Married on 08/07/2010
    Karen is a true professional in every sense of the word! I felt so secure and in good hands before the wedding and especially on the wedding day! Karen worked so hard to ensure a smooth and easy day for all involved. Many family members and friends commented so positively about Karen and how beautifully she worked to make everything so lovely!
  • myblues2u
    Barbara Married on 06/26/2010
    Karen is wonderful!! Not only is she a good friend but a professional beyond words at what she does. Just tell her your thoughts and she comes up with amazing solutions for everything!!
    The arch she created for my daughter's wedding was stunning as were the bouquets, boutonnieres, bubble bowls for center pieces, palms and various decorative flower arrangements!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!
    As far as other vendors are concerned:
    Need a photographer, Karen knows the best!
    Need to rent candelabras or kneelers, Karen knows the best!
    Need a caterer, Karen knows the best!!
    Karen IS the BEST!!
    Pennilyn Married on 06/25/2010
    Beautiful wedding , gorgeous flowers , amazing service !!! Thank you for making our day so special !
  • User1249894 2+ years ago
    Karen was a wonderful florist. Our flowers were beautiful and the rose petal holders she made were absolutely perfect.
    Kimberly Married on 07/01/2010
    I was going to use a generic beach wedding business that I found on the internet, but I was fortunate to come across Karen - she provided more options, prettier flowers, better flowers, and so much more for much less than I thought I was going to spend.
    Stormy Married on 06/12/2010
    Karen,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you did on my fathers wedding everything turn out great, especially the flowers.
    The Plaza Beach Hotel was a great place to stay and have a beach wedding. The Rib Shacks was to say the least was the best ever (: very yummy :)
    Cherish the officiant was lovely. Stella the photographer did a great job getting all the groups photos done, I can't wait to see the photos.
    We could not of have such a beautiful wedding and reception with out you.

Again great job and Thank You So Much !

Stormy Hough
    Nadja Married on 06/09/2012
    Karen was very nice and helpful. She listened to our ideas and also made suggestions. When I had trouble finding something for our wedding, she stepped in and found it/ordered it for me. The only thing was that she made the bride's maides bouquets a little too big than what I had invisioned, which cost more than what we wanted.
  • User1240280 2+ years ago
    Karen's Florist seemed like a great option for my wedding day flowers. I had a destination wedding in FL (not a FL resident) so I couldnt go to the store and meet Karen or see the flowers first hand.

I have always loved Gerber Daisies so thats what I wanted in my bouquet and in the arrangements for the ceremony. I had hot pink and white Gerber Daisies ordered. On the day of the wedding, when the flowers showed up, the white gerberas were a yellowish color...deffinitely not white. And it would have looked horrible with my white dress. This is something that should have been told to me when ordering because I would have gone with just hot pink and light pink flowers if that was the case. We called and complained about the yellow flowers and Karen was nice enough to go to another vendor and get "whiter" gerberas to replace the yellow ones with. However, all of this was happening 1-2 hours before the ceremony.

Unfortunaly, all of this just made my wedding day more stressful than it had to be. In the end everything worked out but it did cause last minute chaos.