29 Reviews for KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS

Non-Floral (2)
Altar Decor (1)
Flower Petals (1)
29 KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS Reviews

Karen is absolutely the best in the business!! Her designs are impeccable, elegant, and quite simply gorgeous, without breaking the bank. She is a dream to work with -- upbeat, brilliantly informed, incredibly responsive, and a joy to have around on your wedding day. Particularly as a flower novice myself, the morning I spent walking through the NYC flower market with Karen was one of the highlights of the wedding planning process for me. We had an outdoor tent wedding and had to start planning decor from scratch. Picking the flowers at the market, seeing the shapes and colors in person, and working through the design with her really brought the whole day to life. She let us lead the concept entirely but helped direct us to the best choices for the climate, setting, and time of year. I can't recommend her highly enough!!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Karen and her husband did an incredible job on the flowers for our June wedding. She was easy to work with throughout the entire process and actually had fun choosing the flowers! We also rented vases, uplighting and our chuppah from her. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous everything looked. Thank you, Karen!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

We loved working with Karen! Karen is so creative & brings a vision to life... AND she's so fun to work with. We outlined an overall vision and let Karen create. Create she did. We were blown away with our wedding flowers & received so many compliments. Best way to describe our flowers: elegant, dramatic, warm. memorable, distinctive. When we entered our ceremony it took our breathe away and our reception had such a memorable look. We would recommend providing Karen creative freedom because she's truly an artist that brings her art to life with flowers.

Profile Picture Marta, 11/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit
3.1

Karen's work product speaks for itself - she knows her Flowers and they look great. Received compliments on the bridal/ceremony decor as well as the reception set up. That being said, I don't think her clientele are usually girls who are ponying up their own wedding costs. I think her clinetele is more "daddy's little long island princess" or someone with no money concerns. I was steadfast in my budget and my final costs were substantially more--granted there was an increase of guests but there was no desire to look at alternative flowers or suggestions to stay within a stated budget that had been discused for months. I was supposed to just smile and eat the costs. I worked very hard to save money for my wedding flowers and felt like there was a total blasé attitude about it towards the end. I also didn't get to pick my flowers until only a week out from my wedding which caused a bit of stress. At the end of the day, these hampton vendors have a lock on the market if you are out there and they definitely use that to their advantage. The Flowers looked nice though.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen was amazing to work with!! I met with her in NYC and we walked thru the flower market together. She walked me through all the different flowers and we talked about the vision I had for the for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. She totally got it and made it all come to life! She rounded out the flowers by adding candles everywhere. It was beautiful! She was so easy to work with and was able to make last minute changes to my order. She did all of this while working in our budget! THANK YOU KAREN!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My wife and I are the management team of a wedding venue, and it was a simple decision as to who we would choose for our flowers: Karen Lenahan.

We see a lot of florists at our venue, and some are certainly not worth the money people pay. A few florists arrive with dried up selections.

I can assure you that Karen Lenahan is supremely talented and a pure delight to work with. We've recommended Karen many times to other couples, and not once has any bride been disappointed with the result. She will even go to NYC with you to the flower market to help you arrive at the perfect selection. I cannot recommend her more highly.

Profile Picture Marcos, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I wish we could choose more stars than 5! Karen and her husband Dan, who did our lighting, made our wedding incredibly special. Not only does Karen have a knack for her craft, she is so much fun to work with and put together such uniquely beautiful displays. She and Dan made our wedding what it was; their work really is unmatched. I have said many times that choosing Karen and Dan was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. Our pictures came out so bright and beautiful given how fresh and eye popping the flowers and lighting were. She was able to work with my ideas and with my budget, and the only downside is that I do not have any events planned that will require her services again in the near future. Would recommend 100%

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with. Karen and Dan are professional and responsive, and they are both so talented and kind. Karen and Dan understood our wants, and also made wonderful suggestions (that my less-than-artistic mind would never have dreamed up). Can't say enough good things about these two.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

We LOVED working with Karen and Dan! Karen is such a pleasure to work with. She is incredibly talented, energetic and fun! She is responsive, flexible and patient - an ideal vendor! She was able to negotiate between the many parties who had ideas for the wedding and help create a perfect blending of concepts to make everyone happy. Also, Karen and Dan created the most beautiful chuppah for us - our guests are still raving about it! Thank you for making our wedding so magical!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Karen did a great job working with us to make the floral arrangements at our wedding exactly what we wanted! She was able to work with our ideas and our budget to create beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! She even met with us at a flower market to help us pick flowers that would work for us! We would highly recommend Karen! Her husband does a great job with lighting too!

Profile Picture User6878959, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen's floral arrangement for our wedding was absolutely beautiful. We gave her an idea of the types of flowers, colors, and overall design and she met every expectation we had. Definitely recommend using her.

Profile Picture User6807352, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen and her team were an absolute dream to work with! Their professionalism and talent far surpass any other florists in the Hamptons. She took all of my ideas and brought them to life, everything was even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Months later and my guests are still talking about the amazing flowers at our wedding. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture User5250787, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Karen was so great to work with - very flexible with delivery, was very helpful and responsive in helping me decide what flowers to use, based on our budget. Also, the flowers were gorgeous and lasted for days after the wedding :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

Karen was wonderful to work with and truly delivered on my vision! We used lanterns in my church ceremony (lining the aisle) and it looked beautiful. She also arranged the lanterns, candles and centerpieces at my reception site Bedell Cellars. The colors and execution were exactly as we had imagined with excellent quality. The room looked romantic and soft. We also had our lighting done through Karen which was beautiful(hanging vine globes). Karen was wonderful throughout the entire process, meeting with me at the flower district in NYC where I live to personally select options.

Profile Picture Peggy, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We could not have dreamed of a better florist for our wedding. Karen was perfect! From her great personality to her eagerness to please to her hard work to the most stunning arrangements ever, we were beyond happy with her and her team! Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karens flowers for our vintage vineyard wedding were beyond what I could've envisioned!!!! Her trip with you to the NYC flower market will leave every bride feeling like she's living a movie scene. Her professionalism and sweet personality makes you feel extremely comfortable working with her for such a special day.

Profile Picture Crystal, 9/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Look no further!!! If you want the most beautiful wedding that you have ever seen, call Karen! She is amazing! Karen is extremely talented, responsive and just a pleasure. We even met at the floral district to pick out flowers together. I was able to show her my likes, dislikes and she was able to create the wedding of my dreams. I wish I could post pictures to show just how gorgeous everything was. Everyone keeps telling me that my wedding looked like it was straight out of a magazine. And my bouquet......to die for!!! Never have I seen anything so gorgeous. I can't say enough about how happy I am with Karen's work. I wish I could go back and relive it all over again.

Profile Picture Shannon, 8/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen was so easy to deal with. Unfortunately I never actually go to meet her in person. We only dealt with each other through email. However, each of her email responses were quick and she always answered my questions. We did not use them as a florist as we had a family friend taking care of that, but we had about 80 glass globes we needed hung from the high ceilings at Martha Clara Vineyards and Karens husband did a great job with hanging each of them over the dance floor. The following day he came back to take them all down for us. We got compliments all night on how beautiful they were. Thank you Karen and team for making our day that much more beautiful!

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Karen Gave me the most amazing bridal flowers I have ever seen. The quality and care that went into making these boquets was evident. A week later they are in a vase alive and well in my home! She went above and beyond to make sure that the flowers I chose were on hand. Not Even a hurricane got in her way! Thanks Karen!

Profile Picture Corrine, 11/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

If you are looking for someone who is creative and works with you regarding budget and listens to what you want, Karen is your girl. She is AMAZING to work with and the flowers were just beautiful. She turned our wedding into exactly everything I wanted it to be. Karen, I can't thank you enough for making our day that much more special. I will be back in touch for arrangements over Thanksgiving and the Holidays.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Karen is amazing! She created the most beautiful florals for our wedding. From the bouquets, table arrangements and overall decor, everything was perfect. Karen is flexible, creative and an absolute pleasure to work with. She was always available and responsive to my many emails! We have been told by a great number of family and friends that the chuppah at our wedding was the most beautiful they have ever seen and I agree! Thanks Karen for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had a great experience with Karen Lenahan Designs for my recent wedding. Karen is an absolutely talented and first rate floral designer. She listens to your vision and as any good vendor she balances her expertise and advice with the needs and wants of her clients in good measure. She meets with brides at the flower market in NYC to choose flowers for bouquets and floral displays & decor for the wedding and reception. I have to admit I was a little worried since you can't see an example of the arrangements beforehand however, I trusted Karen's work and I was not disappointed. She did exactly what I wanted and everything was fresh and beautiful and most importantly - looked gorgeous! Karen also did some fabric and lights on the poles of the tent we had at our wedding that added a beautiful touch to the decor inside the tent. She was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for elegant professional floral design services!

Profile Picture Cara, 8/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen was simply amazing to work with and I am so happy she did the flowers for our wedding! She is creative, responsive, and professional. I was worried at first because I didn't really know what direction I was going in with the flowers, but her warmth and friendliness put me at ease. Karen helped me create a vision of what I wanted my wedding flowers to look like and she and her team truly delivered. I was absolutely thrilled with how gorgeous our bouquets and arrangements were--my bouquet even smelled lovely! We received tons of compliments on how stunning the arrangements at our reception were. Thank you so much, Karen!

Profile Picture Nina, 6/9/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I just love Karen Lenahan! She is so fun, flexible and she loves what she does. The first time we met her we knew that we were going to love working together.. and we did! Karen created the most gorgeous floral arrangments for our wedding. My bouquet was beautiful...lush peonies wrapped in french silk ribbon. We incorporated my late Grandfather's rosary to personalize it even more.

She designed the most stunning escort table design using coral, shells and sand to perfectly accompany our wedding theme and ocean backdrop. The centerpieces were a statement on their own..overflowing with blue and white hydrangeas surrounded by glowing candles.

By far my favorite element was our absolutely outrageously gorgeous driftwood arbor that she dressed with beautiful florals and vines. Her husband built the arbor from scratch and it is AMAZING! I think it was one of the top 5 favorite things about our entire wedding day. Just incredible.

If you want a floral designer who is super talented, flexible, fun and easy to work with - Karen Lenahan is the one!

Profile Picture Kelley, 5/26/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Karen's flowers are absolutely beautiful. Flowers weren't really my priority and Karen was very understanding about my budget but worked with me from the start to create the most stunning scene at both my ceremony and dinner. All of my guests commented on the arrangements and the bouquets were exquisite (I didn't want to give mine away!). Karen listened to what we wanted and was so patient (even providing advice when I needed it on other aspects of the wedding which didn't concern her). She was a great vendor to work with. I can highly recommend.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/22/11, 5 Reviews