KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS Reviews

33 | Sag Harbor, NY

33 Reviews for KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS

33 KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS Reviews

Mary · Married on 10/27/2018

Karen Lenahan Designs Truly Outstanding!!

Our daughter had a wonderful experience working with Karen and she was spot on with our daughter's vision for her wedding. She is very artistic, creative, and professional. We would highly recommend Karen for your florist needs!!!

Molly · Married on 09/08/2018

Karen is incredible to work with. The flowers at our wedding were beautiful. She was able to execute my vision while providing her creative touch and expertise. When I saw the venue, I felt like my Pinterest dreams had come to life. My wedding was at the Bridgehampton Tennis & Surf Club 9/8/18.

I had a very hard time getting in touch with Hamptons florists. Most wanted me to wait until November/December 2017 to discuss my September 2018 wedding. Karen spoke with me over Labor Day Weekend (!) 2017 for about an hour. We discussed my vision, her execution, and costs. From that moment, I knew I wanted to work with her. Karen continuously exceeded my expectations over the year. She met me and my mom at Party Rental in February 2018 to work on table cloths and chairs and how they would mix with the florals. She even stayed around to help us on our rehearsal dinner aesthetic (we did our own flowers for that), when most vendors would have bolted.

We also met at the flower market in August 2018 where Karen picked flowers that would be in season and available for September 2018 and showed me possible bouquets and arrangements. It was so fabulous seeing the flowers in person.

Karen is extremely conscious and aware of budgets. We had a close family member paying for our florals and Karen was aware of this. We discussed areas to cut (like certain ceremony flowers to help keep costs down), so I completely disagree with the review below about her blasé attitude. I actually felt the exact opposite.

Karen is also very honest about what the costs are. She provides a detailed breakdown in her proposal on the Chuppah costs, bouquet, candle rentals, etc. So you know where your money is going.

Dan also did our backyard rehearsal dinner lighting, which was incredible.

Thank you Karen and Dan—you are a dream!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2018

Karen is the best! She is so accommodating but also honest! Floral is an overwhelming area for me and its easy to feel like your all over the place. Karen was awesome at giving her opinion, and helping as well as keeping my vision for exactly what I wanted. Throughout the process she always gave me answers to questions quickly and with no hesitation. We went flower shopping in the city at the flower market, and it was one of my favorite wedding planning experiences. Her husband Dan did all my lighting, and it looked beautiful! Our ceremony arch was built by them as well and it fit the scene perfectly at Gurneys. Karen and Dan both go above and beyond and they made my wedding vision come to life. It was truly dreamy!

KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 1
    KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 2
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

BEST FLORIST IN THE HAMPTONS BY FAR! Karen Lenahan and her team completely surpassed all of my expectations for my wedding at Gurney’s Montauk August 4th, 2018. I was very indecisive, and her patience, incredibly fair prices, and insight were a god send. Karen even met us at the flower market in NYC to show us the exact flowers she was using. Her personal touch is unreal. My wedding arch and flower wall were my absolute favorite. The tall centerpieces were so incredibly beautiful without over taking the table- I really don’t know how she does it! All I told her was that I wanted something “fun and colorful” for the flower wall and it was as if she knew exactly what I was thinking and made it better! My guests said that you could smell the roses even before going into the banquet hall. If you are having a wedding or event in the Hamptons and want exceptional design, I urge you to use Karen Lenahan design!

KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 3
    KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 4
    KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 5
    KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 6
    KAREN LENAHAN DESIGNS 7

Katie · Married on 08/26/2017

Karen is absolutely the best in the business!! Her designs are impeccable, elegant, and quite simply gorgeous, without breaking the bank. She is a dream to work with -- upbeat, brilliantly informed, incredibly responsive, and a joy to have around on your wedding day. Particularly as a flower novice myself, the morning I spent walking through the NYC flower market with Karen was one of the highlights of the wedding planning process for me. We had an outdoor tent wedding and had to start planning decor from scratch. Picking the flowers at the market, seeing the shapes and colors in person, and working through the design with her really brought the whole day to life. She let us lead the concept entirely but helped direct us to the best choices for the climate, setting, and time of year. I can't recommend her highly enough!!

Anna · Married on 06/17/2017

Karen and her husband did an incredible job on the flowers for our June wedding. She was easy to work with throughout the entire process and actually had fun choosing the flowers! We also rented vases, uplighting and our chuppah from her. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous everything looked. Thank you, Karen!

Marta · Married on 11/11/2016

We loved working with Karen! Karen is so creative & brings a vision to life... AND she's so fun to work with. We outlined an overall vision and let Karen create. Create she did. We were blown away with our wedding flowers & received so many compliments. Best way to describe our flowers: elegant, dramatic, warm. memorable, distinctive. When we entered our ceremony it took our breathe away and our reception had such a memorable look. We would recommend providing Karen creative freedom because she's truly an artist that brings her art to life with flowers.

Catherine · Married on 10/15/2016

Karen was amazing to work with!! I met with her in NYC and we walked thru the flower market together. She walked me through all the different flowers and we talked about the vision I had for the for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. She totally got it and made it all come to life! She rounded out the flowers by adding candles everywhere. It was beautiful! She was so easy to work with and was able to make last minute changes to my order. She did all of this while working in our budget! THANK YOU KAREN!

Marcos · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I are the management team of a wedding venue, and it was a simple decision as to who we would choose for our flowers: Karen Lenahan.

We see a lot of florists at our venue, and some are certainly not worth the money people pay. A few florists arrive with dried up selections.

I can assure you that Karen Lenahan is supremely talented and a pure delight to work with. We've recommended Karen many times to other couples, and not once has any bride been disappointed with the result. She will even go to NYC with you to the flower market to help you arrive at the perfect selection. I cannot recommend her more highly.

Melissa · Married on 08/06/2016

I wish we could choose more stars than 5! Karen and her husband Dan, who did our lighting, made our wedding incredibly special. Not only does Karen have a knack for her craft, she is so much fun to work with and put together such uniquely beautiful displays. She and Dan made our wedding what it was; their work really is unmatched. I have said many times that choosing Karen and Dan was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. Our pictures came out so bright and beautiful given how fresh and eye popping the flowers and lighting were. She was able to work with my ideas and with my budget, and the only downside is that I do not have any events planned that will require her services again in the near future. Would recommend 100%

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with. Karen and Dan are professional and responsive, and they are both so talented and kind. Karen and Dan understood our wants, and also made wonderful suggestions (that my less-than-artistic mind would never have dreamed up). Can't say enough good things about these two.

Mike · Married on 06/04/2016

Karen did a great job working with us to make the floral arrangements at our wedding exactly what we wanted! She was able to work with our ideas and our budget to create beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! She even met with us at a flower market to help us pick flowers that would work for us! We would highly recommend Karen! Her husband does a great job with lighting too!

Karen's floral arrangement for our wedding was absolutely beautiful. We gave her an idea of the types of flowers, colors, and overall design and she met every expectation we had. Definitely recommend using her.

Millicent · Married on 10/10/2015

Karen and her team were an absolute dream to work with! Their professionalism and talent far surpass any other florists in the Hamptons. She took all of my ideas and brought them to life, everything was even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Months later and my guests are still talking about the amazing flowers at our wedding. Highly recommend!!

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2015

Karen was so great to work with - very flexible with delivery, was very helpful and responsive in helping me decide what flowers to use, based on our budget. Also, the flowers were gorgeous and lasted for days after the wedding :)

Jessica · Married on 10/25/2014

We could not have dreamed of a better florist for our wedding. Karen was perfect! From her great personality to her eagerness to please to her hard work to the most stunning arrangements ever, we were beyond happy with her and her team! Thank you so much!!

Crystal · Married on 09/05/2014

Karens flowers for our vintage vineyard wedding were beyond what I could've envisioned!!!! Her trip with you to the NYC flower market will leave every bride feeling like she's living a movie scene. Her professionalism and sweet personality makes you feel extremely comfortable working with her for such a special day.

Shannon · Married on 08/22/2014

Look no further!!! If you want the most beautiful wedding that you have ever seen, call Karen! She is amazing! Karen is extremely talented, responsive and just a pleasure. We even met at the floral district to pick out flowers together. I was able to show her my likes, dislikes and she was able to create the wedding of my dreams. I wish I could post pictures to show just how gorgeous everything was. Everyone keeps telling me that my wedding looked like it was straight out of a magazine. And my bouquet......to die for!!! Never have I seen anything so gorgeous. I can't say enough about how happy I am with Karen's work. I wish I could go back and relive it all over again.

Corrine · Married on 11/03/2012

Karen Gave me the most amazing bridal flowers I have ever seen. The quality and care that went into making these boquets was evident. A week later they are in a vase alive and well in my home! She went above and beyond to make sure that the flowers I chose were on hand. Not Even a hurricane got in her way! Thanks Karen!

Joanna · Married on 09/08/2012

If you are looking for someone who is creative and works with you regarding budget and listens to what you want, Karen is your girl. She is AMAZING to work with and the flowers were just beautiful. She turned our wedding into exactly everything I wanted it to be. Karen, I can't thank you enough for making our day that much more special. I will be back in touch for arrangements over Thanksgiving and the Holidays.

Jill · Married on 09/02/2012

Karen is amazing! She created the most beautiful florals for our wedding. From the bouquets, table arrangements and overall decor, everything was perfect. Karen is flexible, creative and an absolute pleasure to work with. She was always available and responsive to my many emails! We have been told by a great number of family and friends that the chuppah at our wedding was the most beautiful they have ever seen and I agree! Thanks Karen for making our day so special!

Nina · Married on 06/09/2012

Karen was simply amazing to work with and I am so happy she did the flowers for our wedding! She is creative, responsive, and professional. I was worried at first because I didn't really know what direction I was going in with the flowers, but her warmth and friendliness put me at ease. Karen helped me create a vision of what I wanted my wedding flowers to look like and she and her team truly delivered. I was absolutely thrilled with how gorgeous our bouquets and arrangements were--my bouquet even smelled lovely! We received tons of compliments on how stunning the arrangements at our reception were. Thank you so much, Karen!

Kelley · Married on 05/26/2012

I just love Karen Lenahan! She is so fun, flexible and she loves what she does. The first time we met her we knew that we were going to love working together.. and we did! Karen created the most gorgeous floral arrangments for our wedding. My bouquet was beautiful...lush peonies wrapped in french silk ribbon. We incorporated my late Grandfather's rosary to personalize it even more.

She designed the most stunning escort table design using coral, shells and sand to perfectly accompany our wedding theme and ocean backdrop. The centerpieces were a statement on their own..overflowing with blue and white hydrangeas surrounded by glowing candles.

By far my favorite element was our absolutely outrageously gorgeous driftwood arbor that she dressed with beautiful florals and vines. Her husband built the arbor from scratch and it is AMAZING! I think it was one of the top 5 favorite things about our entire wedding day. Just incredible.

If you want a floral designer who is super talented, flexible, fun and easy to work with - Karen Lenahan is the one!

Emily · Married on 10/22/2011

Karen's flowers are absolutely beautiful. Flowers weren't really my priority and Karen was very understanding about my budget but worked with me from the start to create the most stunning scene at both my ceremony and dinner. All of my guests commented on the arrangements and the bouquets were exquisite (I didn't want to give mine away!). Karen listened to what we wanted and was so patient (even providing advice when I needed it on other aspects of the wedding which didn't concern her). She was a great vendor to work with. I can highly recommend.

• W

Jaime · Married on 09/16/2011

I cannot recommend Karen's services enough. I met with Karen a couple of times to discuss my ideas and then we met at the flower market on 28th street. She kept me laughing the whole time, she has a killer personality. We picked out flowers and finalized the contract. She is very responsive. The day of the wedding I could not have been happier with the bm's bouquets, my bouquet, the bamboo arbor with white flowers dripping down, the amazing centerpieces, and the special little arrangement she made for our sweetheart table. She ensured the venue was glowing with candle light and perfect. Out of all the vendors I worked with she was my favorite, her work is absolutely beautiful and worth every single penny.