Karen J Hawley Photography Reviews

25 | Corbett, OR

25 Reviews for Karen J Hawley Photography

• Shannon

Shannon B. · Married on 06/05/2021

Karen hawley is faaaaaaabulous.

Immediately after we booked our venue (Bridal Veil Lakes), we knew we wanted a photographer who knew the venue well and could handle rain or shine. Karen came recommended and we could not be happier with our choice! We had to postpone our wedding from 2020 to 2021 and she immediately said it wouldn't be a problem. She kept her rates the same and is even giving us a bit of a refund back because we wound up not using her for the number of hours we expected! It wound up raining on our wedding day and the photos are just absolutely stunning. The skies cleared for sunset and the photos of me and my husband dancing as the sun set over the gorge are the best. Moreover, the wedding party photos went quick and seamless and she got most of the photos in one shot. One of my friends is a photographer and was a bit concerned with how quick Karen worked, but my friend has seen the photos and is in awe of them as I am. And I couldn't be happier that we didn't have to hang out in the rain for the photographer to take shot after shot to get a good photo; instead, Karen knew exactly where to take us, where to place us, had fun recommendations, and was a dream to work with. We could not recommend her more (and her prices are REALLY reasonable!) AND! We got our photos online within a week of our wedding, so she works FAST. We could not recommend her more and will be sure to use her in the future for any other professional photo needs. THANKS KAREN.

Sent on 06/15/2021

Karen J Hawley Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness Shannon! Thank you so much. You guys were a dream to work with despite the less than favorable conditions. What troopers you were! I'm so glad you are enjoying your photos and my hope and prayer is that they will bring you joy for many, many years to come!
  • Sydney

Sydney R. · Married on 07/21/2019

Gorgeous wedding photos!

Karen was one of our favorite people to work with on our wedding day! She photographed our wedding at The Foundry in Lake Oswego, OR, and all of the photos turned out gorgeous! She was very easy and friendly to work with, her work is stunning, and we received all of our photos within 10 days after the wedding (many even the next day).

Sent on 08/05/2019

Karen J Hawley Photography's reply:

Thank you Sydney! I absolutely loved capturing your big day! You did a fantastic job with all the details... GORGEOUS!
  • Mattie

Matalyn · Married on 10/04/2018

Great wedding photography experience

Karen took beautiful pictures of our wedding on Mt. Hood. She is so easy to work with and takes beautiful pictures that capture the moment. We loved working with her and will cherish our wedding and engagement pictures forever.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Kelsi · Married on 08/18/2018

Karen is absolutely AMAZING!!!! She literally went above and beyond to not only make our engagement photo shoot phenomenal she did that plus more for our big day. Karen has an absolutely phenomenal eye for photography, I’m so beyond glad we choose her for our big day.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Judy · Married on 08/04/2018

Memories for a Lifetime!

As an owner of Bridal Veil Lakes I see many photographers and their end results. We chose Karen to photograph my daughter's wedding day. We are blown away by the incredible memories Karen captured in the photos. She was hardly visible much of the day, produced an amazing number of high-quality photos, her quick turn-around time, and professionalism. I often hear from couples after their wedding about the slow turn-around time and expense of hiring a professional photographer. However, we experienced just the opposite. Amazing photos were ready the following day! The quality and quantity was and is incredible. We're so thankful that we chose Karen to be an important part of my daughter's wedding day.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2017

Karen photographed my October 2017 wedding in the Dalles, OR. She was extremely professional, was willing to drive to Dalles and she took hundreds of stunning shots! Her communication was wonderful, she has such a gift and talent for quality boutique photography. She knew exactly what we wanted! It was so special to have all of the candid moments with family and she did a beautiful job of capturing all of our diy and special touches from our reseption! I would recommend Karen to anyone from family photos or graduations...or weddings...she is your gal!!!! Thanks Karen!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Sharon · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding pictures were beautiful! Karen did a wonderful job. It was wonderful to be able to have access to all the pictures digitally and use them as I wish. The quality of the pictures was wonderful; some great action shots, cute kids, fun wedding party shots, great family photos, and some very special Bride and Groom shots. She did our engagement photos also and we were able to use them for invitations and thank you cards, photo guest book. I am hoping to use her again for family photos soon!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Shana · Married on 07/27/2017

Karen is absolutely amazing ! I can't believe the number of gorgeous images she captured on my daughter's special day. She's low key and calm, you and your family will feel at ease around her right away. She captures people and their personalities in a way that is very genuine, as opposed to staged or phony. She notices the details and documents them flawlessly - her photos will tell the story of your wedding from beginning to end. One of the things that sets Karen apart in her industry is how quickly you will receive images. Count your lucky stars if she is available to shoot your wedding, or better yet, schedule your wedding around her availability!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Cady · Married on 07/22/2017

Working with Karen on our special day was such a treat! She knows how to get the best out of her clients.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Jill · Married on 07/01/2017

I am so glad I heard about Karen and asked her to be my photographer at my wedding! I am someone that doesn't necessarily think I am photogenic and find it awkward posing for pictures. However, with Karen, she made me feel so comfortable and when looking back at my pictures after the wedding, I couldn't believe how many beautiful moments she caught and I thought I looked beautiful in every picture when I didn't think I could! She really knows how to use lighting, angles, and the environment around her to put creativity into every shot. She also did a great job helping me "work the camera" when I myself felt awkward about it. A few more amazing things about Karen...she drove an hour and a half to two hours to be at my wedding; she was prompt and got straight to work while my bridesmaids and I continued to get ready as she quietly snapped pictures; when I asked about certain scenery shots and crazy filters, she was more than willing to try them and do them for me; and my pictures were done and sent so quickly after the wedding! I have nothing negative to say about Karen J Hawley Photography. I would hire her for family pictures, engagement pictures, senior pictures (if I could go back to 12th grade), and any other reason to have pictures taken.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Nora · Married on 03/25/2017

Karen did a great job making us feel so comfortable and our pictures are AMAZING!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Alison · Married on 10/29/2016

Karen was awesome to work with and is a brilliant photographer! She was incredibly flexible and fun, and her prices are really reasonable. Being from out of town, we were a little worried she was too good to be true (did I mention that she also gives a portion of her proceeds to charity?) and set up a meeting in advance of the wedding just to be sure. We timed our drive poorly, showed up about 30 minutes late, and she didn't complain (and also bought us coffee). Turns out she's real-- and just a genuinely nice, professional, and very talented person.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved working with Karen for our engagement and wedding photos. She is truly unbelievably talented. She's easy to work with, fun, and makes you feel comfortable the whole time. During our engagement photos, my husband and I joked neither of us had our photo taken professionally since high school senior photos and were a little concerned it would be super awkward. Karen put us at ease. She was so accommodating and really has such a great eye which is what you want in a photographer. It's been months since our engagement and wedding photos and we're still getting compliments on our photos.

I would recommend Karen over and over again to any bride!

Sent on 02/25/2017

K · Married on 08/21/2016

Karen was amazing to work with. From the minute we started planning with Karen, it was clear that she knew exactly what she was doing. She was on time, helpful, flexible creative, and helped us stay on schedule. We were absolutely blown away by the highlight photos we received the next day, and the rest of the photos as they came in over the following week.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Janelle · Married on 07/09/2016

Karen went above and beyond to capture our special day and we couldn't be happier with the way that our photos turned out! It was a joy to work with Karen from the moment we met her to take our engagement photos. Karen was extremely helpful and shared sample day of wedding timelines with me, recommended good places to stay in the area and had phenomenal photography pose ideas. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer to capture your special day!

Sent on 07/23/2016
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 05/07/2016

As a photographer myself, photography was the most important part of my wedding. I chose Karen because she had photographed at our venue (Bridal Veil Lakes) before, and because she had the perfect package for us. I am so glad we chose her! She had highlights from our day ready within 24 hours and the rest of our images done in less than two weeks. I've loved every single image and am so impressed with her work. She did a wonderful job of blending in, and got some wonderful candid moments during the reception. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Christa · Married on 03/12/2016

We have used Karen for our engagement photo as well as our wedding. She is awesome and can make you feel at ease very quickly while you are doing odd things and things that could feel uncomfortable.
    She is a great value for amazing work, in showing our pictures I have only heard people amazed by her photos!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Paula · Married on 10/18/2014

Karen's photos are beautiful! I love her style and how she incorporates the outdoors into her shots. I am so happy I stumbled across her and would definitely recommend her for wedding photos and family photos! She did our engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Karen is great, I would recommend people use her for their wedding! She started off by taking our engagement photos, we met before taking them and chatted about what we wanted and what might work best. After taking our engagement pictures she got link up within a week so we could see them all! When it came to the wedding she communicated via email with us weeks before the wedding and spoke with us on the phone a week prior to the wedding about what details we wanted to capture, our timeline for the day, and where at the venue we wanted to take photographs. She showed up on time and began taking photos within seconds of arriving! We appreciated her patience and communication with us during the entire process!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Karen is wonderful to work with. She is professional, took the time to get to know us and understand what we were looking for in our pictures for our wedding. She was fast in producing highlights from our wedding and was able to see and share them with family and friends within a day. We received many compliments from friends and family of our wedding photos. I would highly recommend Karen; we are so happy and thrilled with our photos!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Heidi · Married on 04/26/2014

Karen does incredible work, the pictures really capture the event. Does a great job capturing the details of the wedding and the atmosphere of the event! She's amazing!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

C · Married on 09/30/2012

Karen was great to work with. Fun and professional, she listened to what we wanted while applying her own great style and excellent eye for detail. My husband and I were very pleased with our wedding photos which captured the wonderful emotion of the day!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Elissa · Married on 07/16/2011

Great pictures, great photographer!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Brooke · Married on 10/22/2017

We we so blessed to get SO many quality images for such a great price! Karen was one of my top picks based on her work and then her prices were by far better than anyone else around. Very professional, hardly even noticed her on the wedding day but she was always around capturing all the important moments!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kaytee · Married on 07/28/2012

Karen is a talented photographer and truly has a passion for wedding photography. Her design background lends her a creative eye for amazing shots. She was incredbily flexible with our requests and did a great job of capturing the special moments without us even noticing she was there! I'd highly recommend her to any couple looking for a high quality photojournalistic style wedding photographer.

Sent on 04/24/2013