Karen Hendrix Couture Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Anna U. Getting married on 11/05/2022

Incredible Company and Team!!

There are so many amazing things I can say about Karen and her team. They not only did an incredible job on the alterations with my dress, but added special touches and worked with me on making our wedding day extra special. I cannot recommend them enough to anyone looking for bridal alterations in Nashville!!
    Aaryn B. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Karen and her team made this Covid bride ready for her big day!

Where do I start!?! Karen and her team were nothing short of AMAZING!

I was living in Nashville then Covid happened. My husband and myself had to move states and our original wedding date got moved from April 2020 to October 2020. I was in the middle of my dress fitting appointments and at my last fitting my dress fit perfect, all that was left was the bustle and I could bring my dress home! Once Covid happened this pushed my dress appointments back since I'm no longer living in the state of Tennessee and also brought on the dreaded Covid weight gain.

At my next dress appointment I just knew my dress wouldn't fit and I was right. We were a month and a half away from my wedding and my dress is now two inches from closing. How am I going to wear this dress down the aisle?!!

Luckily for me, Karen was assisting me this day and I am SO THANKFUL she was! She was my "Fairy Godmother". Karen did nothing but assure me we would be ok and she could add material to my dress without anyone being able to notice. Well she was right!!! My next dress appointment was the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding. I was greeted again by the lovely Karen and she made sure my dress was going to fit before completing the final touches. When I tried my dress on Friday for my final fitting she zipped up just like she was made for me. My dress fit like the day I bought it and I was in LOVE with it once again! You couldn't tell Karen and her team took material from the dress to help close the back. The back looked exactly the same as it did on the first day I brought it to her.

Karen and team, I cannot thank you all enough! You helped make me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. You showed me nothing but confidence, kindness and honesty during my appointments. There was not one day that I ever doubted your abilities. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea K. Married on 03/27/2022

Alterations & Day of steaming

cannot put into words how much we appreciate Karen and her team. She made my dream dress alterations come true. She was so much fun to work with, so easy going, and easily accommodating. She was able to turn my strapless dress into an open back with beautiful straps and even fit my bridesmaids in last minute for some alterations. Not only does Karen and her team do dream work, they are also also a true blessing day of!!!
    I cannot thank her enough for being part of our big day. She arrived at the venue before my bridesmaids and I arrived. She steamed all mothers, grandmothers, and bridesmaids getting ready outfits (that all traveled from different states). Then moved onto each of our dresses, I had 10 bridesmaids and 15 people getting ready with me. She brought many "oopsie" kits incase we spilt something or needed emergent alterations. Not only did she accommodate the girls, but she then later helped the guys press their suits.
    After the getting ready portion, Karen and her team proceeded to help with pictures. I had a large train and veil that she ensured was styled perfectly for pictures, assisting us with poses and fixing my dress with every move. Not only did she fluff out my dress perfectly while walking down the isle, she stayed until I was ready to be bustled and enjoy the rest of the evening without my train.
    Karen treats you like a princess. She wants you, your friends, and your family to feel beautiful on one of the biggest days of your life. There are not enough words to express my gratitude and appreciation for this team. Thank you thank you thank you for all of your hard work! You truly are amazing!!!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa C. Married on 02/05/2022

I will always bring my dresses here!!

Karen and her team are AMAZING! I felt important and special every step of the way. I had a couple appointments with the team to make sure my wedding dress was perfect. Even through COVID, Karen and her team were willing to help every step of the way. My wedding unfortunately had to be pushed back a whole year, but Karen was so helpful and allowed me to complete my fittings so that my dress will be ready for me for my wedding next year. My dress is more beautiful than I could ever imagine now that it is fitted! I had to have the hips brought in a little bit, the straps shortened, and my dress shortened quite a bit because I'm very small. My dress now fits me like a glove! Karen is so personable and so sweet. I wish I could write for days about her because they deserve it. If you bring your dress to her, you can be confident that it will turn out PERFECT!
  • Lisa
    Lisa C. Married on 12/18/2021

Thank you for making my wedding day perfect!♥️♥️

From the beginning my experience was wonderful. I knew my dress was in good hands. Karen Hendrix is such a lovely person with such a calming demeanor dealing with anxious brides. I can’t recommend her enough. I’m so happy and the compliments on my dress go on forever! Our day was magical. So thankful and blessed by her and her team. Thank you for giving me peace of mind and making my dress perfect!
  • Deborah
    Deborah R. Married on 12/04/2021

Karen Hendrix is an angel!

Karen Hendrix is a delight and a pleasure to work with. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone! She is like a fairy godmother getting the bride ready for her special day! From the first meeting to the final appointment, Karen gives each bride her undivided attention and makes the bride feel special and beautiful. Karen altered my daughter's dress which was very grand and required a lot of work and expertise. Every fitting was a joy! She is patient, kind, and calm, no matter the situation. Karen's professionalism, experience, and attention to detail ensured that the dress was absolutely perfect. Working with Karen, a bride (and her mother) can relax and know that they are in very capable hands. We contracted with Karen for her wedding day package, which I also highly recommend. She will deliver the dress, steam everything for the boys and girls, and manage the dress/train in all the photos. Best of all, having Karen there that day is like having a peaceful angel present during a chaotic time. Working with Karen was a blessing. The only bad part about it is that you grow to love her and you wish that you could remain friends after the wedding is over!
  • Sally
    Sally R. Married on 12/04/2021

A Real Life Fairy Godmother

THANK YOU KAREN!!! During the first meeting with our venue I was told, "You HAVE to see Karen Hendrix Couture for alterations." When trying on dresses at Adorn Nashville I was also told that Karen was "the best." Everyone was right - She 100% lived up to the hype and then some. She never told us that an alteration or change wasn't possible, she was incredibly accommodating with scheduling (even to make adjustments the week before the wedding!), and she made my dress PERFECT. I cannot recommend her enough. She joked that people call her a fairy godmother and she is RIGHT. I also highly recommend her wedding day package. It gave me peace of mind knowing that the entire bridal party's attire would be steamed/pressed/etc., and she added such a calming and peaceful presence. Additionally, she ensured my train, veil, and hair all looked flawless for photos. She really is incredible and SO very special.
  • Debra
    Debra L. Married on 12/04/2021

Karen is simply the best!

Karen and her staff went above and beyond on my Mother of the Bride dress. My dress was only available in a size that would only zip to my waist. With her design and experience and maybe a magic wand my dress was a perfect fit and more beautiful that when I bought it!!! I felt like a princess and receive tons of compliments.
  • Carley
    Carley C. Married on 12/04/2021

Customizations? No problem!

Karen and her team were INCREDIBLE! I had a vision, and she transformed my dress to match that vision. Lots of customizations including:

1. Altering sleeves
    2. Altering zipper in back to make for a more “open back” dress.
    3. Adding a skirt to my dress a week before the wedding.
    4. Custom veil & blusher
    5. Added a belt to my dress

The list goes on and on!

She was truly incredible. This is your go-to for all things Wedding Gown/Formal Alterations!
    Shelby L. Married on 12/04/2021

A Perfect Fit

Karen made sure that my dress fit me like a glove. Her schedule is very booked with brides, but she knew that I needed a few more fittings to make my dress perfect. And that's just what she did! There is no one else I would trust with such an important part of my day. She was also able to design me a custom veil that was perfect with my dress!
  • Veronica
    Veronica T. Married on 11/27/2021

Karen has the magic touch❤︯

From my first dress fitting I felt at home with Karen. She makes you feel so comfortable and she works so well! As they call her “the fairy godmother” is very true. She worked on my dress and made it into perfection. Definitely coming back for any dress I need to be fitted! She has hands of an angel ❤️
    Sarah S. Married on 11/13/2021

Karen Hendrix = My Superhero

Karen made my dress the most magical thing I've ever worn. She was so attentive, and she listened to my vision. She offered suggestions to help achieve what I wanted, and she went out of her way, above and beyond, to make sure my dress and custom veil were perfect for my wedding day. She also helped my mom and sister with their alterations - which were also done impeccably. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will forever recommend Karen to anyone I know!!
    C Rucker Married on 11/13/2021

Talented!!!

Karen did alterations for me a few years ago on a bridemaid dress! She made me feel absolutely beautiful. It fit me like a glove. When I got engaged I knew Karen would be the ONLY one I let alter my wedding gown! Thank you again Karen for helping this girl to feel beautiful!
    Kellye Z. Married on 11/12/2021

Amazing!!!

I had an amazing experience with Karen and all the other ladies who work here. Karen was beyond professional, kind, and so talented!!! She takes her time and really listens to your vision, I would absolutely go back and recommend Karen to anyone! Hands down, simply the best
    Nikki Married on 10/16/2021

Karen is the Best!!

I had the pleasure of working with Karen for my wedding- she not only altered my dresses but she was with me the day of the wedding making sure everything was perfect! I highly recommend hiring Karen to be on site for your wedding to stream all the dresses and fix any last minute issues. It was so comforting having Karen with us for the wedding day- she made sure everyone looked amazing! I wore two very different dresses for my wedding and Karen alter both perfectly! Not only is she incredibly talented, she is the sweetest and most thoughtful person I have met. She takes her time with you and ensures you will look and feel amazing on the big day. Along with Karen is her amazing team, they work tirelessly behind the scene and are a great help! I HIGHLY recommend Karen, she is the best!!
    Cara Married on 08/07/2021

Incredible alteration on my mother's wedding dress!

Karen and her team were amazing! I had the idea to alter my mother's wedding dress to wear to my rehearsal dinner. It had giant puffy sleeves and was very 80s. Karen listened to my vision, but then made even better recommendations. When I saw the dress when she finished, it was completely transformed! She kept all the special and sentimental details (lace and beading details on the sleeve, satin roses on the skirt, etc.) but updated the look by shortening the dress to make it a high-low style and taking out the puffy satin in the sleeves. When part of the project was going to be over my budget, Karen worked with me and did some of the alterations as a gift, free of charge! I am SO thankful I found her and am so excited about the way my mom's dress turned out that I might even be wearing it to the ceremony instead of the rehearsal dinner!
    Sarah L. Married on 05/22/2021

Hire Karen!

Karen was so fantastic and amazing to work with! I asked Karen to help with wedding gown alterations and then a special project to sew lace from my mother's wedding gown onto my own.

Not only was she able to take a dress that was probably 2-3 sized to big down, but she made the most beautiful custom belt out of my mother's lace that made the whole gown so special to me.

I had so much fun at every appointment, and Karen's team was so sweet and flexible when I had to change appointments.

Karen also does amazing couture work in addition to alterations- definitely hire her if you have any custom dream you want to make come to life- she's amazing!
    Sarah O. Married on 04/30/2021

My dream dress

Thanks to Mrs.Karen I had my absolute dream dress. Customized to make me feel like an actual princess. She created the most gorgeous sleeves and fit that was perfect. If I could wear it everyday, I would. She’s a fairy godmother and I don’t recommend anyone else to my clients now.
  • Nicole
    Nicole D. Married on 01/05/2021

Worked with me until the dress was perfect!

Karen and her ladies were great. They were willing to work with me as I changed my mind about the bust and belt on my dress and scheduled extra fittings as needed. She is very professional and I knew I could trust her with my dress.
    Kate L. Married on 12/12/2020

Best experience of my COVID wedding

Planning a wedding during COVID was SO difficult because I didn’t know if any of my decisions would come to fruition! The dress was the only concrete thing I could count on. So when it came to getting it altered, I knew I wanted to invest in the whole experience instead of worrying about cost. Luckily for me, Karen Hendrix Couture was very reasonably priced AND delivered on being one of the most magical experiences of planning. I will never forget how special Karen and Lisa made me feel the first time I put on my dress there. I remember closing my eyes and feeling like an actual bride for the first time. They really listened to what I wanted while offering gentle suggestions. My dress had stitchings of delicate flowers and beading and I wanted to add the same look to my waist. They spent hours looking and found flowers and beads that matched my dress EXACTLY, which they intricately added to my waist line. They hemmed the dress perfectly with my shoes and the French bustle was stunning. We also had an heirloom veil that they refurbished which will make it last so much longer!!! Trusting them was SO EASY because of their experience and kindness, and my dress turned out better than I could’ve imagined. Thank y’all so much!!! 100/10
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 06/26/2020

A Literal Fairy Godmother

Karen and her team are absolute gems. They are wonderful people to work with, professional, friendly, and extremely talented. Karen's eye for design is one of a kind. When I picked my dress, I knew it was going to be a long process to make it perfect for our wedding day, and there is no one I trusted more than Karen and her team. They are miracle workers! I needed the upper part of my dress lined as well as it hemmed and cut to fit my short torso. After a long history with ill-fitting formal dresses, I was nervous but quickly discovered I could trust Karen to make it right. Karen and her team not only cut the most beautiful sweetheart lining for my dress, but were able to adjust the lace overlay to fit correctly on my short torso and back. She didn't give up or settle for second best - she worked to make it right time and time again. I am so thankful to them for making this dress my dream. Cannot recommend them enough!

Photos attached are from beginning to end of process: dress when I picked it up -> adding the lining -> adding the bustle and altering the lace/adding boning to fit my torso -> final try-on/pick-up -> wedding day!
  • Cheyenne
    Cheyenne B. Married on 12/13/2019

The best possible experience!!

Karen and her team could not have been better. She is absolutely lovely and an expert at what she does.

I bought a dress from a trunk show that was giant on me. By the time Karen was done with it, it looked like it had been custom-made for me. I felt absolutely beautiful and she thought of every single detail – all the way to how she made my bustle for my reception.

The best compliment I can give though is that Karen is an incredibly thoughtful and kind person. I will never forget having to move one of my fittings because my grandfather was having surgery and I needed to be with him. Karen not only was incredibly accommodating, but asked about my grandfather at every fitting after that. It made me feel so cared for. I am fortunate I got to be with my grandfather on my wedding day and will cherish that experience forever.

If you need your dress altered – there is truly nobody better!! Thank you Karen + team :)
  • Samantha
    Samantha J. Married on 11/02/2019

The "Fairy God Mother" of Alterations!

Karen Hendrix Couture came highly recommended by Adorn Nashville where I purchased my dress from. I'll be the first to admit I am a very particular person but especially when it came to my dress (I'm sure most brides' can relate). When I met Karen for my first fitting I immediately knew that my dress was in good hands. I also learned that she had been taking clothes apart and putting them together ever since she was a small child. They don't call her the "Fairy God Mother" for nothing. ;) Karen has a wonderful staff, whom she has personally trained, she delivered on time, and was very professional. The kindness she showed to me in a very stressful, but exciting time in my life was unmeasurable! I would highly recommend her services to any bride! She's absolutely the BEST! -Sam
    Kellie Married on 10/13/2019

Karen is amazing

My daughter had gone to two local tailors and one wouldn’t touch her dress, the other would just chop off all the detail on the bottom to shorten the dress.....Feeling defeated, my daughter called Karen and knew from the first call that Karen was the right person to make her wedding gown perfect! She was so accommodating, seeing my daughter and I at the end of the day, so I could be there (I was visiting from out of state). Karen took her time looking over the dress to figure out the best plan to make the necessary alterations, to make it shorter without losing ANY detail. My daughter had several appointment to ensure the dress was a perfect fit! In a word, Karen Hendrix’s and her team are “amazing” Thank you Karen for making my daughters dress fit her like a glove! She looked beautiful!!