Karen Hendrix Couture Reviews

105 | Nashville, TN

105 Reviews for Karen Hendrix Couture

Anna U. · Getting married on 11/05/2022

Incredible Company and Team!!

There are so many amazing things I can say about Karen and her team. They not only did an incredible job on the alterations with my dress, but added special touches and worked with me on making our wedding day extra special. I cannot recommend them enough to anyone looking for bridal alterations in Nashville!!

Sent on 05/18/2020

Aaryn B. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Karen and her team made this Covid bride ready for her big day!

Where do I start!?! Karen and her team were nothing short of AMAZING!

I was living in Nashville then Covid happened. My husband and myself had to move states and our original wedding date got moved from April 2020 to October 2020. I was in the middle of my dress fitting appointments and at my last fitting my dress fit perfect, all that was left was the bustle and I could bring my dress home! Once Covid happened this pushed my dress appointments back since I'm no longer living in the state of Tennessee and also brought on the dreaded Covid weight gain.

At my next dress appointment I just knew my dress wouldn't fit and I was right. We were a month and a half away from my wedding and my dress is now two inches from closing. How am I going to wear this dress down the aisle?!!

Luckily for me, Karen was assisting me this day and I am SO THANKFUL she was! She was my "Fairy Godmother". Karen did nothing but assure me we would be ok and she could add material to my dress without anyone being able to notice. Well she was right!!! My next dress appointment was the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding. I was greeted again by the lovely Karen and she made sure my dress was going to fit before completing the final touches. When I tried my dress on Friday for my final fitting she zipped up just like she was made for me. My dress fit like the day I bought it and I was in LOVE with it once again! You couldn't tell Karen and her team took material from the dress to help close the back. The back looked exactly the same as it did on the first day I brought it to her.

Karen and team, I cannot thank you all enough! You helped make me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. You showed me nothing but confidence, kindness and honesty during my appointments. There was not one day that I ever doubted your abilities. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole D. · Married on 01/05/2021

Worked with me until the dress was perfect!

Karen and her ladies were great. They were willing to work with me as I changed my mind about the bust and belt on my dress and scheduled extra fittings as needed. She is very professional and I knew I could trust her with my dress.

Sent on 01/10/2021

Kate L. · Married on 12/12/2020

Best experience of my COVID wedding

Planning a wedding during COVID was SO difficult because I didn’t know if any of my decisions would come to fruition! The dress was the only concrete thing I could count on. So when it came to getting it altered, I knew I wanted to invest in the whole experience instead of worrying about cost. Luckily for me, Karen Hendrix Couture was very reasonably priced AND delivered on being one of the most magical experiences of planning. I will never forget how special Karen and Lisa made me feel the first time I put on my dress there. I remember closing my eyes and feeling like an actual bride for the first time. They really listened to what I wanted while offering gentle suggestions. My dress had stitchings of delicate flowers and beading and I wanted to add the same look to my waist. They spent hours looking and found flowers and beads that matched my dress EXACTLY, which they intricately added to my waist line. They hemmed the dress perfectly with my shoes and the French bustle was stunning. We also had an heirloom veil that they refurbished which will make it last so much longer!!! Trusting them was SO EASY because of their experience and kindness, and my dress turned out better than I could’ve imagined. Thank y’all so much!!! 100/10

Sent on 12/26/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel W. · Married on 06/26/2020

A Literal Fairy Godmother

Karen and her team are absolute gems. They are wonderful people to work with, professional, friendly, and extremely talented. Karen's eye for design is one of a kind. When I picked my dress, I knew it was going to be a long process to make it perfect for our wedding day, and there is no one I trusted more than Karen and her team. They are miracle workers! I needed the upper part of my dress lined as well as it hemmed and cut to fit my short torso. After a long history with ill-fitting formal dresses, I was nervous but quickly discovered I could trust Karen to make it right. Karen and her team not only cut the most beautiful sweetheart lining for my dress, but were able to adjust the lace overlay to fit correctly on my short torso and back. She didn't give up or settle for second best - she worked to make it right time and time again. I am so thankful to them for making this dress my dream. Cannot recommend them enough!

Photos attached are from beginning to end of process: dress when I picked it up -> adding the lining -> adding the bustle and altering the lace/adding boning to fit my torso -> final try-on/pick-up -> wedding day!

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha J. · Married on 11/02/2019

The "Fairy God Mother" of Alterations!

Karen Hendrix Couture came highly recommended by Adorn Nashville where I purchased my dress from. I'll be the first to admit I am a very particular person but especially when it came to my dress (I'm sure most brides' can relate). When I met Karen for my first fitting I immediately knew that my dress was in good hands. I also learned that she had been taking clothes apart and putting them together ever since she was a small child. They don't call her the "Fairy God Mother" for nothing. ;) Karen has a wonderful staff, whom she has personally trained, she delivered on time, and was very professional. The kindness she showed to me in a very stressful, but exciting time in my life was unmeasurable! I would highly recommend her services to any bride! She's absolutely the BEST! -Sam

Sent on 10/29/2019

Kellie · Married on 10/13/2019

Karen is amazing

My daughter had gone to two local tailors and one wouldn’t touch her dress, the other would just chop off all the detail on the bottom to shorten the dress.....Feeling defeated, my daughter called Karen and knew from the first call that Karen was the right person to make her wedding gown perfect! She was so accommodating, seeing my daughter and I at the end of the day, so I could be there (I was visiting from out of state). Karen took her time looking over the dress to figure out the best plan to make the necessary alterations, to make it shorter without losing ANY detail. My daughter had several appointment to ensure the dress was a perfect fit! In a word, Karen Hendrix’s and her team are “amazing” Thank you Karen for making my daughters dress fit her like a glove! She looked beautiful!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Tedi

Tedi K. · Married on 09/29/2019

Great tailoring team, very competent and sweet!

Karen Hendrix and her team did the alterations for my wedding dress last fall and they were great! Karen is a very talented designer and tailor, and her team was kind and professional. They did a great job with my dress and their pricing was very reasonable. I needed the top neckline trimmed down, the inner corset taken in, and a bustle added (American). They also added a new comb to my mother’s old veil. They did a really nice job with all of it. The neckline part was a little tricky, and they discussed different options with me made good suggestions up front. We had several fittings to make sure everything went right. Then they steamed my dress and stored it (laid out so it wouldn’t wrinkle!) before my wedding day. Overall they were very caring and competent and I enjoyed working with them!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah W. · Married on 09/28/2019

Dress looked great!

Karen and her team were lovely to work with and got my dress looking amazing! Thanks all!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer M. · Married on 09/07/2019

Highly recommend!

Karen was wonderful - she did the alterations for my wedding dress and it turned out PERFECTLY and fit like a glove. Furthermore, the alterations for my dress were not easy, I am 5 foot 1 inch tall and had a dress with complicated beading and lace pattern including a lace trim and a gigantic train. She managed to take in the dress on the sides considerably, shorten the dress an entire foot, and you couldn't even tell!!! The bustle for my gigantic train also looked wonderful and stayed up all night. Karen was easy to schedule on Saturday mornings for me and I had all my appointments lined up with plenty of time before my wedding. She is professional, terribly sweet, and does an exceptional job. I would highly recommend her for alterations, especially for complicated dresses!!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Tarrah

Tarrah H. · Married on 09/01/2019

The best decision I made!

There is a reason that every bride refers to Karen as their Fair Godmother. She is the sweetest soul and performs magic on every gown she touches. She always made me feel calm and I somehow I ended up looking forward to my fittings! My dress was exactly what I had wanted but better because of Karen's personal touches and ideas. I feel so lucky to have met her and worked with her during such a special and stressful season of life! She was the best decision I made during the wedding process! :)

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2019

My Dress Fit Perfectly!

Karen & her team of seamstresses were unbelievable! They took great care of me & made my dress fit the exact way I wanted it to. The dress' faux button's over the zipper, naturally bent away (instead of covering the zipper up) due to the zipper's structure. I didn't want it to lay this way, because when it was on, it made it appear that the dress was too tight, which wasn't the case at all. Karen made adjustments to the dress & added extra hooks to make this fabric lay flat so that I was not uncomfortable in my dress the day of. Her team works to go above & beyond for her clients.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Megan

Megan K. · Married on 08/17/2019

Karen is a miracle worker!

LOOK NO FURTHER -- Karen is an absolute miracle worker. She tailored my wedding dress effortlessly, and it fit like an absolute dream. She is efficient, incredibly warm, and very, very talented (as well as affordable). I can't recommend her enough, and will absolutely be revisiting her for any alterations in the future. Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/01/2019

Karen is a miracle worker!!

I would highly recommend Karen to all! She is extremely talented at what she does and is the absolute sweetest!! I never once hesitated my decision after meeting Karen during the first fitting. She made sure I was happy and confident at each fitting no matter how much time it took. Everything fit perfectly when I arrived for pick up. On my wedding day I felt like a princess thanks to Karen and her talented crew!!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Gabi · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

Karen Hendrix is a fairy godmother. She did my bridal alterations for my wedding dress and was an absolute dream to work with. Long story short, due to the overall failure of the bridal shop that I bought my dress from, which shall remain nameless, I received my wedding dress two weeks before my wedding. Karen was a lifesaver and able to fit three bridal fittings and alter my wedding dress a week before my wedding. She did the most beautiful alteration job. Karen is an absolutely wonderful person and makes each of her girls feel truly special and cared for. I am also having Karen Hendrix Couture preserve my wedding dress. I 100% recommend Karen and her team for all your wedding dress needs!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Nastrin · Married on 03/30/2019

Karen is incredible

Karen is a miracle worker. She turned my already amazing dress into my dream dress. Her attention to detail is astonishing, and she really listened to what I wanted. I even texted her after my last fitting with a last minute change, and she got it in, no problem. In the end, I had a dress that looked like it was actually sewn onto my body. She is the ONLY person that should be altering your dress in Nashville.

Sent on 03/28/2019

Alissa H. · Married on 12/16/2018

Hands down the best!

You don’t have to do any searching, just go to Karen. She is the absolute BEST!! I had a Vera Wang dress with difficult ribbing on the inside. She was so patient and did an amazing job! She’s so sweet and the rest of the staff is wonderful!! Love love LOVE Karen!!!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Leah · Married on 12/08/2018

Absolutely amazing

Karen is truly the very best! From the moment I walked in, I felt completely at ease handing my wedding dress over for alterations. She made it fit like a glove! And created the cutest bustle. She has the kindest heart and is the most talented. I wouldn’t trust anyone else but her! She cares for her clients and made all my wedding dress dreams come true!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Bride's M. · Married on 10/28/2018

Saved the day

My daughter purchased her dress from a local boutique who ordered the wrong size dress and didn't order the specialty lace they said they would to make the off the shoulder sleeves. The boutique treated her horribly when the mistakes were discovered but thankfully they connected us to Karen. She and her team stepped in and gave my daughter confidence that they would make it all right. They worked with her and hand cut lace to piece together and make perfect sleeves with hand sewn eyelash edges. They tried everything to fix the dress, but could not. Karen dealt with the store and got them to have the designer overnight the only other dress they had in that style. So, a week before the wedding Karen received the same dress in a a size three sizes too big. They worked hours and hours to make the deadline of the wedding and added fittings after their normal hours. They delivered a stunning dress in time for the wedding. We are grateful for all of them and would recommend them to anyone who needs an excellent wedding dress seamstress. They went above and beyond in every way.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Kylie · Married on 09/29/2018

I purchased a hair piece from Karen Hendrix Couture for my wedding day and can't wait to wear it! I tagged along with my friend who was trying on dresses and the staff was very friendly, we had a great experience :)

Sent on 03/04/2018
  • Artetta

Artetta · Married on 08/18/2018

More than amazing!

Karen Hendrix is absolutely AMAZING!!! I feel compelled to share my story with current and future brides. When I found Karen, I had already spent over five months in a large variety of bridal shops all over Tennessee. I was starting to get a little discouraged due to me not finding the “perfect dress”. Yes, I did come across some dress that were absolutely amazing, but these dress were also out of my price range or the alterations I would’ve needed to make would’ve been way too expensive. It had come down to me having to buckle down and get a dress so I would have one in time for my wedding, and so I tried Google. I went to a couple of dress makers, but their work wasn’t up to par or when I describe to them the kind of dress I wanted they would tell me they couldn’t do that due to my bust or it wouldn’t flatter my figure. To be honest, if I am the one getting married and paying for the dress, I should be able to have any dress I want regardless of what my body shape looked like. I tried one more dress place which was called Karen Hendrix Couture. I really had lost all hope in finding a dress at this point, but I decided to contact them anyway. When I first got there Karen was so welcoming and warm. She really made me feel at home. I voiced my concerns to her about me not being able to find a dress that had all the things I wanted and she listened and began to sketch as I talked. Next thing I knew, Karen had drew my dream dress. There was no holding back on my vision of the perfect wedding dress nor did she make me feel like there was nothing I wanted that she couldn’t make work for my figure. Karen gave me back the faith I needed in making sure I would look perfect on my wedding day. At the end of my first dress fitting appointment, it was late in the day, Karen was about to leave out with me and she stopped and said we must pray before we leave. With me being a preacher’s kid, this meant everything to me that she spread not only the love for her brides, but a love for our creator. Every appointment with Karen was fun, exciting to the mind, and filled with love, hard work and care for all I wanted in my dress. My dress turned out amazing. It was more than I expected it to be and I feel like I owe Karen more than what my dress was worth due to all the hard work she put into my dress and the indescribable feeling I felt when I put my dress on the day of my wedding. I enjoyed my experience so much with Karen that I still keep in contact with her months after my wedding. I really feel like my dress should be featured in Premier Bride or Wedding Style magazine. The details and hard work Karen puts into each bride’s dress is not just a show. Karen works on dresses well into the late hours to make sure that everything is perfect. She takes dresses home to work on them and spends endless hours in doing so. On my wedding day, Karen came to make sure that my dress fit perfectly and that it looked good in pictures. Karen definitely walking in her God giving talent of making couture dresses and I would recommend her to all women who embark on the blessed journey of getting married. Karen Hendrix Couture should be the FIRST PLACE you go to for your customized couture dress which will be made perfect for you on your wedding day. Karen is my fairy wedding couture dress God mother, and she can be yours too. Eliminate any wedding dress shopping by coming to see her. You will be more than pleased with your decision.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Necola · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot say enough about Karen! We bought my daughters dress at a shop in Nashville. Long story short, one week before her wedding and did not have a dress for her to wear. Karen made my daughter a beautiful dress in a week! I do not know what we would have done without her! Her dresses are beautiful and she is a joy to work with!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Karen is amazing! She's a dress fairy godmother. My dress completely didn't fit in the bust and she new exactly what to add and how to tailor it. I just picked up my dress and it fits like a glove.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Stacy · Married on 10/07/2017

Karen is a master! The dress turned out perfect, and I couldn't have been happier with her work.

Sent on 12/29/2017